Over the past few days we’ve gotten a few notices and alerts in our inbox about various conventions that are on their way. Though Bronycon is next week, the fun won’t stop for those who can’t go to New York. We’ve got notes from Midwestria, Bronycon and Galacon. Check behind the cut for all of the relevant information.
Galacon is Sold out
Free Lunch at Bronycon for Servicemembers
If you were a member of the armed forces and are going to Bronycon, you can RSVP for lunch on behalf of the Bronycon documentary producers. Details below.
ATTENTION MILTARY SERVICEMEMBERS:
The BronCon documentary would like to invite all current and former military Servicemembers to a lunch on us. The lunch will be filmed for a segment that will appear in the documentary.
Sunday, July 1st
Cheeseburger In Paradise (next to the convention center)
700 Plaza Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094
Space is limited, you must RSVP in advance to [email protected] and you must show military ID for admission.
Midwestria Ticket Prices and Vendor Info
Midwestria, a Chicago-based fan convention, is gearing up for its September release.
You heard about Midwestria way back when and wondered what we’ve been up to? You haven’t heard about us but want to know more? Well look no further! We here at Midwestria have been super busy the past few months and want to fill you in on all the hard work we’ve been doing.
- Panel Submissions have been open for a little over two months now. We’ve gotten some great submissions but we could always use more. If you have an idea for a panel that you’ve been itching to do, head on over to the Midwestria website and fill out the submission form.
- Vendor and Artist registration has been open for almost a month now. We’re filling up fast but there’s still a few spots left. If you’re interested in selling your wares make sure to fill out the application on our website!
- We recently announced our first guest, the developers for MLP: Budding Friendship. Budding Friendship is a slice-of-life game where you play as a blank-flank pony living life in Ponyville. The group will be presenting panels and demoing the game throughout the weekend.
- We’ll be holding a Grand Galloping Gala style formal ball preceded by dance lessons for those of you with two left hooves.
- There will be two informal dances featuring some awesome pony DJs, lasers, fog machines and maybe even a party cannon or two.
- We’re holding a 5k charity race to benefit a local equestrian therapy center. Following the race we’ll be holding an Iron Pony competition featuring challenges such as bobbing for apples, hay bale tossing and an obstacle course.
-We’ll have a field day set up on Saturday which will feature a bounce house, inflatable rock climbing wall, laser tag, free cotton candy and popcorn, and tons of other fun activities.
- If you pre-register for the convention you’ll receive an exclusive hint for our scavenger hunt. The scavenger hunt will require you to collect the elements of harmony from various locations around the convention. The first person to find all of the elements will win a handmade Celestia and Nightmare Moon plush
- Pre-registration increases from $35 to $40 on June 30th. If you want to save a few dollars make sure you take advantage of the lower rate while you can.
This is just a brief glimpse at what we’ve been up to. We have many more announcements coming up in the next month, including a long list of guests, so make sure you keep an eye on our website, facebook or twitter for all of the most up-to-date information. If you have a great idea for an event or just want to chat with other pony fans head on over to midwestria.org/forums and let us know what you’re thinking. ■