GOKU FOR SMASH!! - Smash Bros Hype and Speculation Thread

Ooh, I love fun things! (Games, both video and traditional, discussion. looser posting styles allowed)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Re: GOKU FOR SMASH!! - Smash Bros Hype and Speculation Thread

Post by Venusy (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:57 pm

I am really hoping for all the Wii U and 3DS stages to return. Individually, they have some weird omissions, and particularly on the Wii U side there's some that are just far too gimmick heavy, but combined it'd be a really solid stage selection. (If there are no other stage hazard options, please at least give us the ability to turn off stage boss fights).

The only SSB4 character I could see potentially not returning is Cloud, but there's a pretty strong chance of him returning as well. The Bayo 1 and Bayo 2 ports treat Bayonetta in Smash as canon* ("something came in from that fight club of yours"). Along with the Inklings and a few returning fighters from Brawl, I suspect we'll probably see an ARMS character, and given Mario + Rabbids, I really would not be surprised to see Rayman make the cut this time.

As for other stages, if New Pork doesn't return as an 8P stage, then I suspect we'll see Metro Kingdom as one. I'm expecting something based on BOTW as well (most likely a travelling stage similar to Skyloft?), Splatoon and ARMS are probably given ones as well.

* Admittedly, in Amiibo easter eggs.

EDIT:
Perrydotto wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:53 pm
Better not, because as much as I liked the idea behind New Pork City, it being a freaking giant map made it difficult and unfun to play. I don't generally mind the big maps, but New Pork City annoyed even me.
I don't find a lot of the really, really big stages fun, but I think I'd prefer New Pork in 8P compared to say, Palutena's Temple. :fluttershrug:

Lucas is also one of the few characters who doesn't really have a stage in SSB4 that they can truly call theirs - both Magicant and Onett are Ness's stages from Ness's game. (This is possibly so Nintendo needs to give minimal attention to Mother 3).

sharkmafia

Post by sharkmafia (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:36 pm

W.T. Fits wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:38 pm
She may not literally have the same level of popularity around the world that Cloud and Final Fantasy have, but that doesn't mean she's some obscure no-name character from a series nobody's ever heard of, either.

I was only using "has technically been in a Nintendo game before" as a metric because I remembered a previous Nintendo direct talking about the Smash DLC characters where they initially weren't sure whether or not they could justify adding Cloud as a representative for Final Fantasy despite his popularity because his original game and most of the other spinoffs that feature him aren't on Nintendo consoles. Him being in the Theatrhythm games, even if only as a blob of stats with some abilities attached and no personality or dialogue, was enough to qualify him as a "Nintendo character" for the purposes of adding him to the Smash roster.
Okay sure but here's the thing

Simply being in a video game does not generally qualify a character for smash. Without exception, the non-nintendo characters that have made it in (snake, cloud, mega man, ryu, pac man) are the headliners of popular and important video game series. And while it's technically true that saber is the protagonist of a video game series, visual novels are not really the same thing. Particularly since they were (originally) r-rated, and most of the prominence of the characters in them comes from anime adaptations. I certainly only know about saber from F/Z.

so basically don't hold your breath

sharkmafia

Post by sharkmafia (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:50 pm

I suppose you could argue that shulk isnt that famous, but on the other hand he was from a nintendo exclusive game that they wanted to promote, so yeah

Related:
Fontra wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:26 am
Oh I just thought of something: please dear god do not add anyone from Xenoblade 2 to Smash

I hate literally every single character's design and personality in that game. I'd really rather they kept Shulk.
There's at least a decent chance of someone from XB2 being in for the same reason that shulk was in unfortunately

Vivianinatoga
Semper Pie

Post by Vivianinatoga (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:03 pm

make waluigi playable you fucks
ImageImageImage

Juju&Lulu

Post by Juju&Lulu (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Davyinatoga wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:03 pm
make waluigi playable you fucks

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:35 pm

I wonder if they'll add a grass type Pokémon to balance out Charizard and Greninja. Probably Decidueye for the Sun/Moon promotion, but I would kind of like to see Ivysaur get buffed and return. (Also because Ivysaur had a fairly unique playstyle, while Decidueye would probably be a combo of Pit and Greninja)

W.T. Fits
Storm, ride the storm
Never-ending
Skies darkened, torn
Heaven-rending
Ire, fury borne
Never-ending
Roar, hear my roar!
Faithful Students

Post by W.T. Fits (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:38 pm

sharkmafia wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:36 pm

Simply being in a video game does not generally qualify a character for smash. Without exception, the non-nintendo characters that have made it in (snake, cloud, mega man, ryu, pac man) are the headliners of popular and important video game series. And while it's technically true that saber is the protagonist of a video game series, visual novels are not really the same thing. Particularly since they were (originally) r-rated, and most of the prominence of the characters in them comes from anime adaptations. I certainly only know about saber from F/Z.

Actually, pretty much all of the Fate/Stay Night rereleases on other systems or adaptations to other formats (anime, manga) have basically excised all the adult content from the original PC visual novel. And a few years ago, I would've agreed on the point of it being not being well-known or popular, but things have changed a bit on that front. Fate/Grand Order (the mobile game) basically prints billions of dollars a year for Sony, which in turn has allowed Type-Moon to finance a bunch of other projects that probably wouldn't have seen the light of day a few years ago. What was originally a fairly niche and relatively obscure property is rapidly becoming something of a mainstream thing.

That said, I do agree with you that it's probably never going to happen. It just occurred to me that it was technically possible was all. :pinkieshrug:

DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:39 pm

New Pork City and Palutena's Temple both were bad. The Great Cave Offensive sucked too. I'll be really disappointed if New Donk City comes in as a stupidly huge stage.

I forgot a lot of the 3DS stages because I hardly touched that version of the game (though looking back I think it probably had the superior stage selection) but looking at the list of Wii U exclusive stages I'm surprised at how many I disliked or feel indifferent to.

The only Wii U exclusive stages I really liked, not counting DLC or returning stages, were: Mario Galaxy, Pilotwings, Skyloft, Town and City, Windy Hill Zone, and Wuhu Island.

A lot of stages that would have been good were ruined by a stupid gimmick. Wily's Castle and Mushroom Kingdom U come to mind.

Aria Genisi
Now THIS is 2021!
Night Mares

Post by Aria Genisi (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:45 pm

Davyinatoga wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:03 pm
make waluigi playable you COWARDS

Aria Genisi
Now THIS is 2021!
Night Mares

Post by Aria Genisi (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:01 pm

sharkmafia wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:36 pm

for what it's worth, bayonetta

they they toned her down for her smash incarnation, but if bayonetta can get in, the source material being r-rated isn't really as much of an issue, i feel

DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Yeah, Bayo and Snake transitioned into Smash Bros with no problems so I don't think the age rating of the source material is anything to worry about. Also why I feel like Travis Touchdown should be able to show up without any problems.

Other third party reps I could see happen:
- Bomberman (he'd fit right in and Konami recently made that Bomberman game on the Switch)
- Shovel Knight (he was highly requested for Smash 4, iirc, and that was prior to the game being released in Japan)
- Shantae (she was also a popular request and would fit in well)
- Crash Bandicoot (with the Crash remaster collection heading to Switch, I could see this happen. Plus they've already got Sonic, so having Mario, Sonic, and Crash all together in the same game, representing the "big 3" of the 90s, would be pretty awesome)
- a Rabbid (probably one of the Mario Rabbids from Mario + Rabbids. I want to say Rabbid Peach since she seems to be the most popular. I guess Rayman is also a possibility but the fact that Mario had a crossover with Rabbids tells me they have a greater chance than he does)

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:57 pm

I could see the Rabbids being a Pokemon Trainer-esque character that combines several characters into one.

I would very much prefer Rayman, though.
Image /// Image /// Image

Perpetual Motion
Enthusiasm makes everything an adventure.

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:20 pm

Rayman is a decent possibility, considering that he got a trophy in WiiU. I really like the idea of shifting Smash to more of a who’s who of video games. Seeing characters like Sonic or Cloud or Mega Man getting the Nintendo treatment is just pure hype, and seeing that happen more is fine by me.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Shovel Knight might make it in as a trophy, possibly as an assist trophy, but I seriously doubt he'd appear as a fighter. He really does not have much of a legacy in gaming, save for being paraded around as an indie mascot these past few years.

Vivianinatoga
Semper Pie

Post by Vivianinatoga (?) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:57 pm

ImageImageImage

DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter (?) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:09 am

Assuming Sonic comes back (and I don't see him not coming back) I'd like for his stage to be Studiopolis Zone from Sonic Mania.

But it will probably be something from Sonic Forces.

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:44 am

Perrydotto wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:57 pm
I could see the Rabbids being a Pokemon Trainer-esque character that combines several characters into one.

I would very much prefer Rayman, though.
I could also see them going the Bowser Jr. route with different varieties of Rabbid on one character slot, all sharing their moveset.
Fizzbuzz wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:34 pm
Shovel Knight might make it in as a trophy, possibly as an assist trophy, but I seriously doubt he'd appear as a fighter. He really does not have much of a legacy in gaming, save for being paraded around as an indie mascot these past few years.
He's also one of the few non-Nintendo, non-Smash characters to get an amiibo, and while multiplatform, his games are primarily associated with (and contained exclusive content for) Nintendo platforms.

At least part of his moveset probably would feel pretty similar to Link though.

DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter (?) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Shovel Knight gets in as a playable character, Plague Knight gets in as an assist trophy.

Jill
it's the super maria sisters super show!!!
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Fizzbuzz wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:34 pm
He really does not have much of a legacy in gaming
well, neither does sonic :smugdash:

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:39 pm

realtalk: i want them to do a Bowser Jr. type of thing with the 8 Bombermen so i can play as this cutie

DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter (?) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:06 pm

I hope if we see an ARMS character we get someone like Twintelle, Dr. Coyle, Min-Min, Mechanica, or Lola Pop. But we'll most likely get Spring Man, which is kind of lame because he seems like such a safe choice and he's not as interesting to me as most of the cast from that game.

Twintelle would be especially cool because for one she's just a cool looking character and for two it would be pretty cool to get a black character in the roster, of which Smash currently has none (I mean, unless you count Mr. Game & Watch, but you know what I mean).

I myself haven't played ARMS but she's one of my favorites.

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:36 pm

Aria Genisi
Now THIS is 2021!
Night Mares

Post by Aria Genisi (?) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:25 pm

DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter (?) » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:54 pm

I know it's a long shot but I'd REALLY like to see Banjo and Kazooie make in as a third party character. Yes, their IP is owned by Microsoft but Phil Sepncer (CEO of Microsoft's games division) has said that he'd be down for working something out to get Banjo and Kazooie in Smash Bros back when Smash 4 came out and recently said on Twitter he's still down for it. Not to mention Banjo-Kazooie skins are in the Switch version of Minecraft (along with Halo, Gears of War, and other MS properties).

Plus the potential of a moveset for Banjo & Kazooie just writes itself.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:07 pm

If any one Microsoft character were to get into Smash Bros., I expect it'd be the Minecraft player character.

Vivianinatoga
Semper Pie

Post by Vivianinatoga (?) » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:33 pm

Fizzbuzz wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:07 pm
If any one Microsoft character were to get into Smash Bros., I expect it'd be Voodoo Vince.
ImageImageImage

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:13 am

I think Banjo had a better chance of making it in before the creation of Duck Hunt Duo. :pinkieshrug:

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:29 pm

So, uh, we got all past characters (plus Inkling, Ridley, and Daisy as an Echo Fighter), and most (if not all) past stages - about half the Smash 64 stages haven't been revealed yet, and there's some misc ones here and there - particularly from Smash Wii U (e.g. Windy Hill, Pyrosphere, GAMER, and MK8 Mario Circuit haven't been confirmed yet - and if anything's getting cut, it's going to be Pyrosphere now they can't use Ridley as a stage boss).

Importantly, along with Battlefield and Omega modes for each stage, stage hazards can now be turned off, which makes some of the Smash 4 stages much more appealing instantly.

Biggest problem - "SSBU" is now an ambiguous acronym. :v:

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Venusy wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:29 pm
There's an easy solution to that. All we have to do is collectively forget that the Wii U existed!

W.T. Fits
Storm, ride the storm
Never-ending
Skies darkened, torn
Heaven-rending
Ire, fury borne
Never-ending
Roar, hear my roar!
Faithful Students

Post by W.T. Fits (?) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:47 pm

Venusy wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:29 pm
Not at all. Observe:

SSB = Super Smash Bros.
SSBM = Super Smash Bros. Melee
SSBB = Super Smash Bros. Brawl
SSB4 = Super Smash Bros. for Wii-U/3DS
SSBU = Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Simple! :spike101:

W.T. Fits
Storm, ride the storm
Never-ending
Skies darkened, torn
Heaven-rending
Ire, fury borne
Never-ending
Roar, hear my roar!
Faithful Students

Post by W.T. Fits (?) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Also, gonna go over my list of predictions from about three months ago and see what I got right and what I got wrong:
W.T. Fits wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:50 pm
Captain Falcon, Donkey Kong, Fox, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Link, Luigi, Mario, Ness, Pikachu, Samus, Yoshi were the original roster of the N64 game, and have been in every game to date. Pretty sure none of these guys are getting cut.
Got this one right.
Bowser, Falco, Ganondorf, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Peach, Zelda and Sheik were all added in Melee and were also in Brawl and Wii U/3DS version, though Zelda and Sheik were split into separate characters. These guys are also all probably coming back, though it's possible they might recombine Zelda and Sheik since they don't have the 3DS limiting character model gimmicks anymore.
Got this one right that everyone was coming back, and it turns out they're keeping Zelda and Sheik a separate characters.
Dr. Mario was added in Melee, dropped for Brawl, brought back for Wii U/3DS. He could probably stand to be cut again, or at least become a costume option for regular Mario.
I was wrong here; they're keeping him around, and as a separate character from Mario.
Ice Climbers were added in Melee, stuck around for Brawl, got dropped for Wii U/3DS because of technical limitations. It's possible they might make a comeback, if not in the base game then potentially as DLC.
Got this one right; Ice Climbers are back.
Young Link and Pichu were added in Melee and subsequently dropped in the next two games. Probably not coming back, especially given that Toon Link basically fulfills the same niche that Young Link did, thematically if not mechanically.
I was wrong; both Young Link and Pichu are coming back.
Mewtwo and Roy were added in Melee, dropped for Brawl, then came back as DLC for Wii U/3DS due to fan demand. Probably a good chance of them returning either base game or DLC again; Mewtwo strikes me as more likely to be a base game character than Roy, though.
Both are returning, both are in the base game, got this one right.
Diddy Kong, Ike, King Dedede, Lucario, Meta Knight, Olimar, Pit, R.O.B., Sonic, Toon Link, Wario and Zero Suit Samus were added in Brawl and all came back for Wii U/3DS, with ZSS becoming a separate character from normal Samus. These guys are all probably going to show up again. The only ones that are questionable to me are Sonic (who's 3rd party, meaning Sega basically gets final call on whether or not he comes back) and Zero Suit Samus, who could either return as a distinct character on her own or get recombined with normal Samus, similar to the Zelda/Sheik conundrum.
I was right that everyone came back; I wasn't sure about Sonic or Zero Suit Samus sticking around, but I never actually said they'd be cut, so I'm counting this as me being right.
Charizard was introduced in Brawl as part of the Pokemon Trainer's team and was the only one to carry forward into Wii U/3DS while Squirtle and Ivysaur were dropped. Charizard is probably also likely to comeback, but whether as his own separate character or part of a team like his original incarnation was is up for debate.
I was right that Charizard came back, and he even brought his buddies with him.
Snake's probably not coming back. Honestly, given how shitty Konami has become in recent years, I'm not sure I'd want him back, either, since his being in the game would mean that Nintendo would probably have to pay royalties and the thought of Konami getting money from that makes my skin crawl.
Snake is back, and I'm gonna be honest here - when the video got to that shot of the floor of Shadow Moses and that stealth camouflage flickered, my jaw dropped and I was like, "No way, they really managed to get Snake back?!" and was actually happy about it. So yeah, wrong on this one, and glad that I was.
Wolf is basically just a Fox clone. I suppose it's possible he could be brought back, but I doubt it.
Was wrong on this one, Wolf's back.
Lucas was dropped from the core game of Wii U/3DS, but brought back as DLC. I'm not sure how they're going to handle him, given that Mother 3 is likely never going to see a Western release. Then again, they may just bring him back in some form because the character is popular.
I said they might bring him back, but wasn't 100% sure on this one; gonna give myself only half-credit here.
Bowser Jr., Dark Pit, Duck Hunt, Greninja, Little Mac, Lucina, the Mii trio, Palutena, Robin, Rosalina & Luma, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Corrin is likely where we're going to see the most cuts, if any, I feel.
There were no cuts among these. Dead wrong on this one.
Mega Man, Pac-Man, Cloud and Ryu are all third party, so again, it's up to whether or not Nintendo wants to pay royalties for them and whether their owners will allow them to come back. Given how much demand for him there's been over the life of the series, though, I'll be kinda shocked if Capcom nixes Mega Man returning.
All four are back; gonna give myself 1/4 credit for at least predicting that Mega Man would probably stay in.
I think Bayonetta and Shulk are both technically third party in that they're not owned by Nintendo itself, but Nintendo has exclusive rights to Bayonetta 2, and Xenoblade was a Wii-exclusive title despite being developed by Monolith Soft. Bayonetta will likely return (especially if Platinum Games are up for it), but I dunno about Shulk. He wasn't in Xenoblade Chronicle X (though you could customize your character to look like him, and even use his voice actor), and he wasn't in Xenoblade 2 at all as far as I'm aware. I feel like there's a good chance he could be cut.
Was right about Bayonetta sticking around, was wrong about Shulk being cut. 1/2 credit here.

So out of 14 predictions, I was right on 7 1/4 of them.

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:37 am

W.T. Fits wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:47 pm
Not at all. Observe:

SSB = Super Smash Bros.
SSBM = Super Smash Bros. Melee
SSBB = Super Smash Bros. Brawl
SSB4 = Super Smash Bros. for Wii-U/3DS
SSBU = Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Simple! :spike101:
I use SSB4 when referring to them collectively, but used to use SSBU when referring to the Wii U version only. :-P I guess I'll now use SSBWU, should I ever need to do that again.

Curious about what modes will return - hoping Classic mode is closer to 3DS than Wii U, or there's an option for max number of opponents. SSBWU's Classic mode felt more like "hey, look at 8 player Smash"

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:53 am

Venusy wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:57 pm
I am really hoping for all the Wii U and 3DS stages to return. Individually, they have some weird omissions, and particularly on the Wii U side there's some that are just far too gimmick heavy, but combined it'd be a really solid stage selection. (If there are no other stage hazard options, please at least give us the ability to turn off stage boss fights).
Currently unknown, but most of the past stages from SSB4 are confirmed (I think we're missing Peach's Castle 64, Kongo Jungle 64, possibly Corneria*, and Pirate Ship)

* There is a Corneria-like stage, but it's significantly visually different and based on Star Fox Zero, so currently unclear if this is been counted as Corneria or not.
Venusy wrote:
The only SSB4 character I could see potentially not returning is Cloud, but there's a pretty strong chance of him returning as well. The Bayo 1 and Bayo 2 ports treat Bayonetta in Smash as canon* ("something came in from that fight club of yours"). Along with the Inklings and a few returning fighters from Brawl, I suspect we'll probably see an ARMS character, and given Mario + Rabbids, I really would not be surprised to see Rayman make the cut this time.
As of right now, they're saying 66 fighters with 65 revealed. If it was an ARMS character, I think they'd have revealed that during the Direct.
Venusy wrote:
As for other stages, if New Pork doesn't return as an 8P stage, then I suspect we'll see Metro Kingdom as one. I'm expecting something based on BOTW as well (most likely a travelling stage similar to Skyloft?), Splatoon and ARMS are probably given ones as well.
New Pork yes, Metro Kingdom yes, Great Plateau Tower yes, Moray Towers yes, ARMS ???

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:29 am

I am all for calling this one SSBwitch

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:51 am

You know, I'd totally forgotten about anyone from ARMS making the cut. Even if that game didn't take off quite like Splatoon did, with all the effort Nintendo put into ARMS's cast, you'd think at least one of them would come to Smash Bros.

W.T. Fits
Storm, ride the storm
Never-ending
Skies darkened, torn
Heaven-rending
Ire, fury borne
Never-ending
Roar, hear my roar!
Faithful Students

Post by W.T. Fits (?) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:42 am

Vivianinatoga
Semper Pie

Post by Vivianinatoga (?) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:04 pm

R I P Q W M M
ImageImageImage

DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter (?) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:39 pm

Fizzbuzz wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:51 am
You know, I'd totally forgotten about anyone from ARMS making the cut. Even if that game didn't take off quite like Splatoon did, with all the effort Nintendo put into ARMS's cast, you'd think at least one of them would come to Smash Bros.
Keep in mind, there are still more fighters yet to be revealed. Sakurai just said to not expect "as many" newcomers. So I just wouldn't expect to get like... 20 more characters or anything but I think we still have a handful left to see. If an ARMS character does not show up as a selectable fighter I could easily see one added as DLC or, at the very least, show up as an assist trophy.

Speaking of assist trophies, the roster is indeed massive and impressive and I love seeing the returning characters and Inkling and Ridley but Bomberman deserves to be a playable character, too.

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:40 pm

I'm seeing some rumours going around that there are a lot of Echo Fighters, which would be interesting. Shadow might be one for Sonic; I could see them splitting the Koopalings and Alph out (their animations are already made, so creating some more skins and changing some attributes wouldn't be the hardest thing); Proto Man would presumably be a given had he not shown up in Mega Man's Final Smash; Hero of Time(/Twilight/The Sky) Link could easily be added as well as Champion Link; I guess with Zelda being based on ALBW, you could have Hilda as well? And maybe the Octolings could actually make it in as an Echo?

Also, the official's site's music page has updated with an arrangement of Bomb Rush Blush from Splatoon 2:

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:00 pm

Coming back to this...
Fizzbuzz wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:07 pm
If any one Microsoft character were to get into Smash Bros., I expect it'd be the Minecraft player character.
Considering Nintendo's recent collab with Microsoft on promoting Minecraft's cross-play, this seems 1% more likely, even if that advertisement got made with the main intention of dunking on Sony.