GSM IV

Where everybody knows your name. (Safe Spaces and Self-Help)

Moderator: Momo

Mir
Apple Artisans

Re: GSM IV

Post by Mir (?) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:40 pm

generally, at least trans women (I don't know about trans men) go off meds for any sort of surgery since they come with an increased risk of blood clots.

Though I'm a little confused by the question. Hormones don't get rid of facial hair. Nor would going off them for a short period of time cause you to develop more. Gotta get laser and/or electrolysis for hair removal.

CorvusCaw

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Mir wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:40 pm
generally, at least trans women (I don't know about trans men) go off meds for any sort of surgery since they come with an increased risk of blood clots.

Though I'm a little confused by the question. Hormones don't get rid of facial hair. Nor would going off them for a short period of time cause you to develop more. Gotta get laser and/or electrolysis for hair removal.
Yeah, I went off three weeks before surgery and was cleared to resume estrogen two weeks after the surgery. There's generally no need for spiro or finny after surgery since the sources of testosterone are gone. And since my estrogen is subdermal pellets, I don't have to take any pills at all... except ibuprofen. I'm going through so much ibuprofen.

Being off HRT didn't have a noticeable negative physical effect but it had an emotional effect... like, my breasts didn't shrink, my butt didn't re-masculinize... I just felt really gross for a while. Part of that is also the weight I gained during a period of being unable to exercise after surgery. I can't swim or ride a bike until at least January.

I'm as confused as you are about the question.

Mir
Apple Artisans

Post by Mir (?) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:57 pm

Ugh, I can empathize with hormone problems.
My hormones were off balance for nearly a year because of changes to my medication and I just felt blobby and tired and cranky and terrible.
Finally got them adjusted last week and I don't even need more blood tests to tell it worked. I can not BELIEVE how much better I feel. I can think clearly again. The angry scribbles in my brain are gone. I didn't even realize just how much worse it was making me feel until I got them set right.

BeautifulShy
Your perfect is your perfect. You don't have to look like anybody else to be beautiful. You can just look like yourself
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:03 pm

Mir wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:40 pm

Sorry I should have been more clear. Typically with transwomen having low T causes less growth for a time and the hair comes in more fine as opposed to just coming in more readily without E and I was just wondering if Erica noticed a difference when on the meds as opposed to off in that regard?
Image Name- Alexis

BeautifulShy
Your perfect is your perfect. You don't have to look like anybody else to be beautiful. You can just look like yourself
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Anyway that aside.

Little update I went down to the social security office and tapped into my dads social security and I got a letter from them saying I was applying for Medicare and I also contacted Garcia via email today about what all of this is going to cost me once I get on Medicare. It does look like I am going to have to get electrolysis down there with Garcia though which I figured as much. I can talk to him more once my Medicare becomes active.
Image Name- Alexis

Mir
Apple Artisans

Post by Mir (?) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:40 pm

I really still struggle with anxiety.
I hate to admit how much it still controls my life.
How much I don't do because I'm afraid of what people will think or afraid to get it wrong because I don't have somebody to teach me. I still struggle with how I look, and worry about how I'm perceived by other people.
I sometimes get frustrated when I read about other transition stories because they're all out there living their lives and loving it and I'm not. I still hold myself back way too much, and the crazy part is I know it's entirely counter-productive.
I shrug off my accomplishments and agonize over everything difficult for me and I know I need to stop but it's so hard, and I'm so sick of it.
Just sharing in an attempt to push myself a little more and because I'd like anyone else here who feel that way to know you're not alone.

Here's a quick selfie just because.

BeautifulShy
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Mir wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:40 pm
I really still struggle with anxiety.
I hate to admit how much it still controls my life.
How much I don't do because I'm afraid of what people will think or afraid to get it wrong because I don't have somebody to teach me. I still struggle with how I look, and worry about how I'm perceived by other people.
I sometimes get frustrated when I read about other transition stories because they're all out there living their lives and loving it and I'm not. I still hold myself back way too much, and the crazy part is I know it's entirely counter-productive.
I shrug off my accomplishments and agonize over everything difficult for me and I know I need to stop but it's so hard, and I'm so sick of it.
Just sharing in an attempt to push myself a little more and because I'd like anyone else here who feel that way to know you're not alone.

Here's a quick selfie just because.
At times I still struggle with going out and being the picture I have in my head and I have to tell myself all the time that things will improve and to try not to expect lofty expectations of myself and just work on what I can do. As to my accomplishments even though most of my goals with my transition is where I like them with a few exceptions my mind keeps on telling me that it isn't good enough and I have to point out all the things I have accomplished to my mind to quiet it.

By the way you look good.
Image Name- Alexis

CorvusCaw

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:10 am

Anxiety is ruinous. I had a great week... I don't know if it was the lack of sleep or the soreness from the long Friday, but I woke up Saturday with no desire to ever see another human being again. I had no energy for anything. I was out of coffee but didn't want to leave the house to get any because that would mean interacting with people. I almost canceled my therapist appointment but ended up going because having to explain to the therapist and my partner why I was canceling felt like more effort than just going... but once I got home, I got all lumpy again, and was just internally cursing myself every time I talked because I hate my voice so much.