Pony Joe's: Post Not-So-Great Things That Happened

Where everybody knows your name. (Safe Spaces and Self-Help)

Moderator: Momo

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Re: Pony Joe's: Post Not-So-Great Things That Happened

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:16 pm

So a very unlikable person is insisting I buy my belongings that are in his possession. He wants $250 for my stuff. If I don't buy them from him he will likely just threw them away and donate what is donatable. I do not like this person I do not like how even years after the divorce he is trying to manipulate me emotionally.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:59 pm

I’m so sorry, Yue.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:18 pm

My crown is failing. And being homeless on the streets I can't get it fixed. Pain killers are NOT WORKING. it's probably going to abcess

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:15 am

I apparently exude an aura that gives off the impression that they can people can just rip me off. I get ripped off too fucking much. I've got bills to pay but not when I'm wasting an hour's time and $40 to $50 and so on and so forth on fares.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:51 pm

I have money in my PayPal
It refuses to transfer to my debit card "right now, we can't process that"
When I try to add my bank as a transfer, it INSISTS to send a text to a cancelled line. And when I try to delete the cancelled line, it says there's an error
I try to access my PayPal prepaid account to maybe add a card I can buy from 711 and it refuses to link to my PayPal.
So I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:12 pm

And now PayPal has me locked out and I can't unlock my account cuz I don't have access to any of the phone numbers on file. Fan fucking tastic

Their customer service was unhelpful, so I just requested a new password and Bam, access to my account and Access to my money

Perpetual Motion
Enthusiasm makes everything an adventure.

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:10 pm

I had an in-hospital sleep study last night. Apparently the first test I did showed that I my breathing was obstructed an average of 29 times an hour. 20 times an hour is considered "severe". So they hooked me up to about a million wires and tested out the cpap machine on me. The test went relatively well, and I'll have a prescription from my doctor in about a week. Hopefully this helps me. My sleep has been super messed up for way too long.

Swift

Post by Swift (?) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:35 am

Just got rejected after a job interview I had last week. :fluttersmith:

I've been trying to find a job in the games industry as a programmer, and had my first on-site interview at a small-ish studio (owned by a big publisher) in San Francisco last Friday. They flew me down there, and I spent the day at the studio. It seemed really cool, and the interview felt like it went well (their test was for me to make a small game). I was super excited at the possibility of working there.

Today I got an email from them turning me down. :sadrarity:

I don't feel like I did anything wrong, in the sense that I think I gave them a good impression of myself and my current skills/abilities as a programmer and game developer. I understand it's the norm for legal reasons, but it's frustrating for me to not have any reason why they rejected me.

I was really surprised that I got as far as an in-person interview with this studio in the first place, since this would be my first job as a game dev... but this is still super disappointing, and makes me worried about my chances of finding a position in the future that'll accept me at my skill level.

Erythema

Post by Erythema (?) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Swift wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:35 am
Just got rejected after a job interview I had last week. :fluttersmith:

I've been trying to find a job in the games industry as a programmer, and had my first on-site interview at a small-ish studio (owned by a big publisher) in San Francisco last Friday. They flew me down there, and I spent the day at the studio. It seemed really cool, and the interview felt like it went well (their test was for me to make a small game). I was super excited at the possibility of working there.

Today I got an email from them turning me down. :sadrarity:

I don't feel like I did anything wrong, in the sense that I think I gave them a good impression of myself and my current skills/abilities as a programmer and game developer. I understand it's the norm for legal reasons, but it's frustrating for me to not have any reason why they rejected me.

I was really surprised that I got as far as an in-person interview with this studio in the first place, since this would be my first job as a game dev... but this is still super disappointing, and makes me worried about my chances of finding a position in the future that'll accept me at my skill level.
Don't let it go to your head. There will be plenty of instances where you fail even if you avoid doing anything wrong. There could be a whole host of reasons for this that are simply outside of your control. So please, do keep that chin up.

Thankfully, they were kind enough to notify you so that you aren't kept wondering. Best thing to do would be to absorb the fact that this happened so you could move on. Only then can you once again focus on finding a different place of employment.

Would you happen to have friends who are in the video game development industry? Then again, if you did, you might have talked to them about finding a job by now. Do let me know regardless. I might be able to try something. No promises, though.

Swift

Post by Swift (?) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:03 pm

Erythema wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:12 pm
Don't let it go to your head. There will be plenty of instances where you fail even if you avoid doing anything wrong. There could be a whole host of reasons for this that are simply outside of your control. So please, do keep that chin up.

Thankfully, they were kind enough to notify you so that you aren't kept wondering. Best thing to do would be to absorb the fact that this happened so you could move on. Only then can you once again focus on finding a different place of employment.

Would you happen to have friends who are in the video game development industry? Then again, if you did, you might have talked to them about finding a job by now. Do let me know regardless. I might be able to try something. No promises, though.
Thanks for the encouragement. It still really sucks, but I'm doing okay and I'm gonna keep looking and working on portfolio projects. Yeah, I know some software engineers, but unfortunately I don't know anyone who works in the games industry. And oh, thanks for offering, but don't feel like you need to go out of your way for me or anything. :modesty: I just felt like venting here for once.

Part of it is that I've been staying with my parents for a long time now, which has been fine but I was really looking forward to moving somewhere new on my own, beyond just the job itself. If I can't manage to break into the games industry, I'm considering just looking for a non-game-related software engineering job to get more experience somewhere.

Erythema

Post by Erythema (?) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:42 pm

Swift wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:03 pm
Thanks for the encouragement. It still really sucks, but I'm doing okay and I'm gonna keep looking and working on portfolio projects. Yeah, I know some software engineers, but unfortunately I don't know anyone who works in the games industry. And oh, thanks for offering, but don't feel like you need to go out of your way for me or anything. :modesty: I just felt like venting here for once.

Part of it is that I've been staying with my parents for a long time now, which has been fine but I was really looking forward to moving somewhere new on my own, beyond just the job itself. If I can't manage to break into the games industry, I'm considering just looking for a non-game-related software engineering job to get more experience somewhere.
That is a good outlook to have. There's really no point in being picky. Just any job that counts as workfield experience will be helpful.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:22 pm

We just got back from the 24-hour vet ER. Our cat Marvin has a bladder blockage, apparently very common in male cats, but also very serious. He's gonna need to stay in the hospital for the next 2-3 days. My partner is distraught over it and frankly I feel much worse for him than I do about Marvin right now. :fluttersmith:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:44 pm

One of my cats had bladder troubles as well, requiring us to buy him expensive cat food that helps prevent blockage.

Hope Marvin pulls through! And hope your partner will feel better soon.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:02 am

His surgery was successful. They flushed out the blockage and emptied his bladder with a catheter. His blood work and kidney function all came back normal. He needs to stay at the vet with a catheter for the next 36 hours or so. It's gonna end up costing us $2,500 but it's looking like Marvin is gonna be okay and that's what's important. :flutterunsmith:

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:08 pm

I'm glad to hear he'll make it.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Good to hear Marvin's doing well! :party:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:39 pm

I’m glad your kitty (and hopefully your partner) will be feeling better soon :flutterunsmith:

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 am

Why do people pretend to see nice when they're just going to fuck you over. Because I was ripped off for $40 tonight I don't know if I'm going to be able to work ever again I became $20 short on my lease and now I'm going to be suspended p what is it about me that screams ripped me off me off fuck me over

Edit, may have shot myself in the foot but I just found out I can mobile opt in for courtesy overdraft, that unlocked my work account, but will acrue a $35 overdraft and out me in the hole a we bit. But.... I had no choice.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:55 pm

Marvin is back home. He's still not fully himself yet, we have to watch him like a hawk to make sure he can use the litterbox on his own for the next 24 hours, he needs medicine for the next week, and we need to feed him prescription food for the rest of his life, but his mood immediately improved when he realized he was back in his home. :3:

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Somebody just this morning busted out my window and STOLE everything in side, including my mother's iPad. I'm heartbroken and pissed

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Sorry about your mom Minty. :fluttersmith:

I hope things get better for you Yue.

Name: Tammy

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:13 pm

Something's wrong with Biscuit, one of my cats. His lower half of the legs isn't working right for some reason.

What luck, during the 3-day weekend, too :fluttersmith:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:32 pm

Aw geez, I hope your kitty will be alright.
Image /// Image /// Image

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:59 pm

Thanks, Perry.

We had to call lots of places, but we finally found someone who will take the cat in tonight. He's out of town, but returning tonight and will open the building to keep him there.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Terrific, my bank account is massively in the hole, I'm late on storage, and I still need to get $250 in cash to buy back my possessions from someone, or he will throw them out. I'm under so much stress, added to the fact that living in a car in the cold fucking sucks. :fluttersmith:
I don't know what I'm going to do this stress just sux

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Mr. Big wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:13 pm
Something's wrong with Biscuit, one of my cats. His lower half of the legs isn't working right for some reason.

What luck, during the 3-day weekend, too :fluttersmith:
As someone also currently going through kitty medical problems, I'm wishing you and Biscuit all the best :fluttersmith:

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Thanks, man.

We called the vet this morning. He's relaxed now, although they're still checking what caused his leg to swell up. He's eating and pooping well and has received medication.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:40 pm

I hope Biscuit will be okay.

Hang in there, Yue.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:31 am

I'm having a hard time typing this...

Woke up to the news that cancer has spread to Biscuit and will have to be put to sleep. Really can't believe this. He was an active kitty until this, and he's gone. He wasn't even that old...

He always jumped on my chair when I was drawing, and was a big part of my life the years we were with him.

I'll miss you, little floofball.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:02 am

I'm so sorry, Mr. Big :fluttersmith:
Image /// Image /// Image

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:46 pm

Really sorry to hear that. :fluttersmith:
Image ("Don't try to reform me, Hag, because I'm made of cold stone.")

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Ugh, I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you and I'll hug my fellow orange kitty extra hard in Biscuit's honor. :cry:

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:29 pm

I, too, have previously lost a cat to cancer. What helped for me was to remember all the good times, even the bits of good in her final months. If you can focus on your good times with him, perhaps that'll help you too.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Thanks, guys. I'm happy that I at least got to spend time with him whenever I could. In the meantime, I've been hugging my other cats hard.

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Oh no. My condolences. :fluttersmith:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:56 pm

I’m sorry, Mr. Big.

minty

Post by minty (?) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:11 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that. I've been through the fine one minute, dying the next with a cat and it's terrible. What a sweet kitty.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:13 am

Thanks again, everyone. I'm still processing this. Biscuit was only 8 years old; I have a cat older than him that's still alive and kickin', even after losing a leg in an accident, so this is a lot for me.

Angry Critter

Post by Angry Critter (?) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:04 pm

Oh no, Biscuit... :( I'm so sorry, my condolences.

minty

Post by minty (?) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:18 pm

As if my life wasn't already terrible, I get summoned for jury duty. Tried filing for exemption because my mental health is at its absolute worst this year, only to find I sent the papers to the wrong place so no exemption for me, period. I can't send a letter by itself, I have to use the form, and I can't get another form. Get one chance at this and if you screw up, too bad. It also means I don't have the note to bring with me to the courthouse because I was an idiot and didn't make a copy of it, so even when I go down next month (no choice or I go to jail), I can't prove anything.

I am so jealous of those never selected. I know everyone says civic duty, and a lot people want to serve because it makes them feel important but I can't handle this at all. I'm not like the average person. I know I'm selfish and stupid for not wanting to do this but there is literally no way I can handle this. I'm terrified I'll be selected, screw up, and have everyone hate me. What if the case goes the way people don't like and I get beat up? What if I get stalked and doxxed if I vote wrong?

I hate this, I hate myself for not being one of those perfect citizens who is just oh so proud of going on jury duty. I hate that I sent it to the wrong office. I hate that there is literally nothing good in my life now, and no break, I can't even take a vacation, because I might be on jury duty. I want a break, I want something nice. Isn't my family doctor retiring without telling me, having to get minor surgery, getting sick and stressed at work all the time, and my mother dropping dead out of nowhere enough for this year? What's going to happen next?