Pony Joe's: Post Not-So-Great Things That Happened

Where everybody knows your name. (Safe Spaces and Self-Help)

Moderator: Momo

Angry Critter

Re: Pony Joe's: Post Not-So-Great Things That Happened

Post by Angry Critter (?) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Online dating as a trans person... Need I say more? :unenthused:

Angry Critter

Post by Angry Critter (?) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:03 pm

I call it 'online dating' cause it's dating profile sites, but I'm really just looking for friends to hang out with... Are there apps and sites for people who just wanna be friends? Cause no matter how much I specify that I'm not looking for romance, I still get assholes who legit get angry with me because I refuse to give them a chance or some shit like that...

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:21 am

Dumb question, but have you contacted LGBT and/or trans specific groups in your area/country? Clubs and whatnot? Just spitballing since I'm no expert but those would be places with way less expectations on romance and more on just making connections in general.
Image /// Image /// Image

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:45 pm

Struggling with the bill grind now that I'm in a place... Got rent, phone bill and $55 to the storage place for my rv all due on the first... With only 6 days left in the month.....

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:09 am

Missed out on a $200 fare because my tablet was a minute lag and logging on. That $200 fare was going to make things so much easier and release some of the pressure because I have until April 1st to come up with an extra $400 and early in the week is super slow. All I can hope is that I end up with a lot of cash fares cuz I don't know what else I'm supposed to do

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:45 am

You can miss out on 200 dollars because of tablet lag? Sorry if I'm sounding patronizing but are you certain there is nothing that can be done about that, a system you can send an appeal to or anything?

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:28 am

No. I wasn't logged on, so I missed the fare and it went to someone else. I'm just hoping I can make up for list time

Angry Critter

Post by Angry Critter (?) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:07 pm

Perrydotto wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:21 am
Dumb question, but have you contacted LGBT and/or trans specific groups in your area/country? Clubs and whatnot? Just spitballing since I'm no expert but those would be places with way less expectations on romance and more on just making connections in general.
I hop by some every now and then, but it's pretty underwhelming in my experience. I prefer meeting people individually and working on a click from there. Otherwise I just kinda show up, and I'm present, but all the interactions are limited to superficial small talk at best and I can't stand that...

I mean, thanks for thinking along, really, but... My counselor also keeps suggesting to look for 'people like me'... Well, most of my friends are already some kind(s) of queer... And I honestly kind of despise the suggestion to begin with.

I'm just frustrated that this is a massive extra barrier that I have to overcome when trying to meet new people, and I've tried to just truck on and not mind it too much, but it's actually a big disadvantage and it's been wearing me down.

I intuitively get pretty bored of hanging around in my own bubble too much, so it would be nice if 'people not like me' could generally be a little less toxic...

:bluh:

minty

Post by minty (?) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:47 pm

My doctor retired without anyone telling me so I'm stuck without a doctor. For years, probably. :cry:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:49 pm

I brought up the clubs/support groups less so you stick in the same bubble and more as a springboard to meet folks in a safer environment and build from there. People know people, so if you find someone in those groups who seems nice enough and you can get into a proper conversation with them beyond the small talk, you can maybe meet more people through them. That's how it works for me, anyway, and I'm also all about getting people to know individually. I go to group stuff to kinda "scan" for folks that seem nice enough, get talking about interests and such to quickly move away from small talk, and then try to meet the people who seemed nice in a more individual setting. If someone's cool, chances are their friends might be too, so meeting one neat person usually means meeting several later.

Again, just spitballing based on my personal experiences with making friends.
Angry Critter wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:07 pm
I intuitively get pretty bored of hanging around in my own bubble too much, so it would be nice if 'people not like me' could generally be a little less toxic...

:bluh:
Oh, absolutely. I really wish so too, because you are not asking for anything outrageous at all, and it's pretty messed up that you gotta work your butt off to find people with basic respect for you. I'm rooting for you that you find more folks, despite the obstacles. :hug:

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:13 am

minty wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:47 pm
My doctor retired without anyone telling me so I'm stuck without a doctor. For years, probably. :cry:
Is there another doctor at the practice or nearby that can take you? My gastroenterologist just left the area, and they immediately put me with another doctor in the same practice.

I'd also call the hospital and explain the situation. They should be able to help you, especially if this is a doctor you were seeing regularly.

Name: Tammy

minty

Post by minty (?) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:05 pm

No, because the Canadian system is flawed.

I did call and got put on a waiting list, but someone sent me a doctor in the meantime so it may work out.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:34 am

I'm glad you got that sorted. :yay: Rooting for you that the doctor(s) you can see will be friendly and helpful enough.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:45 am

May just yet pull these bills out my ass. I'm down to needing @200 for everything.... 4 days left in this month

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:56 pm

My dad just called me, apparently they found a cancerous mass in my grandfather's colon, as well as spots in his liver and lungs, so it's likely metastasized. My dad beat colon cancer a few years ago, but he was 25 years younger at the time of his diagnosis, and it was less advanced. My grandfather is in great shape for 89. He walks 4 miles a day and is very active overall, so I'm hoping he can beat it with chemo like my dad did.

Fuck cancer.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Yuudachi
I'll show you the Nightmare of Solomon!

Post by Yuudachi (?) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Fuck Cancer, also get yourself checked.
SOLOMON!! I have returned!!!

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:48 am

Fuck cancer indeed. Rooting for your gramps.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:25 am

Yuudachi wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:59 pm
Fuck Cancer, also get yourself checked.
My doctor told me because of family history, I should start getting scoped at age 40 instead of the usual 50, so I still have a few years.

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:24 pm

Octavia wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:25 am
My doctor told me because of family history, I should start getting scoped at age 40 instead of the usual 50, so I still have a few years.
My one saving grace having Crohns is I no longer have to worry about cancer for an organ I don't have.

Also fuck cancer. Hoping for the best Octavia. :hug:

Name: Tammy

Angry Critter

Post by Angry Critter (?) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:55 am

Perrydotto wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:49 pm
I brought up the clubs/support groups less so you stick in the same bubble and more as a springboard to meet folks in a safer environment and build from there. People know people, so if you find someone in those groups who seems nice enough and you can get into a proper conversation with them beyond the small talk, you can maybe meet more people through them. That's how it works for me, anyway, and I'm also all about getting people to know individually. I go to group stuff to kinda "scan" for folks that seem nice enough, get talking about interests and such to quickly move away from small talk, and then try to meet the people who seemed nice in a more individual setting. If someone's cool, chances are their friends might be too, so meeting one neat person usually means meeting several later.

Again, just spitballing based on my personal experiences with making friends.
I go to a lot of community events with pretty much exclusively open-minded people, but I am just not the kind of person who connects to new people like that very well. I get overstimulated and I can't think of proper responses and people I approach or people who walk up to me usually quickly lose interest, and right now I can't deal with much more disappointment than I'm already bearing.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I met a whole bunch of my current friends like that too, people here included. Right now I just don't have the space in my head to deal with groups if I don't know them.

It's a stupid situation. I feel awful, haven't been doing well, can't rest at home, and I've been desperately desiring some friendly company, but all my friends keep canceling on me, and meeting new people is only making me feel increasingly more awful.

One particular reason why I dislike group settings especially now.... When meeting one-on-one I get the time and space to explain my situation. In a group setting, I always get asked "What do you do for a living?" and right now the answer to that is being a burned out wreck who tried 3 educations and applied for jobs for half a year til she ended up in welfare... In group settings, people don't have the patience to hear someone out and just move on to someone more interesting.

I don't want to have to introduce myself in groups right now... :fluttersmith:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:06 am

Octavia wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:25 am
Good luck to you and your grandfather. Fuck cancer. :hug:

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:51 pm

I don't know how to describe how things went on my most recent court date all I can say is now I have to wait till Friday on whether or not I have somebody to watch My Little Pony with

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:40 pm

And of course I'm going to lose my rv storage on 413 unless I pay the balance in full, which is $230. I'm losing everything, the universe is against me. I just want one thing to go right, most important I want my daughter

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Either I move to a shot hole city or I never see my daughter. I may have to quit a 30-35,000 a year job to make maybe 15k at a shitty desk job.

Or I never see my beautiful daughter.

I can possibly stay working at my cab company, but only if I get my own car to travel between cities.

Fuck my life

Edit... One of the worst things about this whole Fiasco is there actually forcing me to leave my therapist who I have for the past six to seven months build a wonderful rapport with actually getting some help but now now I have to get a whole new therapist someone who I don't know not going to trust and start from scratch

I mean I love my therapist because she actually tells me what things that I say are going to be off the record on the record things like that

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Just when I think things can't get worse, I'm not able to work at all this weekend. No income until Monday. And my bank account is running dry. I'm getting rejected from any job or apartment I apply to in the shithole town and my time is running out. Wtf are they going to do if I can't cooperate with the judge? Probably take away the most important person to me and leave me homeless

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:30 pm

My cat died today.

At a rescue center 4 years ago he confidently stepped forward on his shelf in the kennels to rub his head on our hands. He wanted to follow us out of the door, but we had to leave him there for a few days before we could pick him up. He already loved us.

We brought him into our home and he was so nervous he that he hid behind our sofa for two days. One day I was sat upstairs in my room and he slinked in, low to the ground, braving the open floor for the first time. I held my hand out to him and he ran straight for me. He sat on my lap, purring and he later rolled onto his side. I remember feeling privileged that he could trust me, I was also happy that he could begin to relax in this house. With time we found that this is where he was happiest: where there's someone by him.

He had so much love to give to everyone in our home, climbing on us every day and following us where we went. I remember when I had a smaller, quiter motorbike. In this time he'd jump up onto the fuel tank when I had just parked so he could get that first opportunity to be with me.

He gave so much to all of us in this time that almost anything we do now, and anywhere we go, leaves us missing that chance of him coming round to meet us.

Goddamn I miss that cat :cry:
👉👉🥜🏠

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Aw jeez. I'm so sorry for your loss :fluttersmith:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Losing a companion like that really sucks. My condolences, Filly.

Captain Rufus
Faithful Students

Post by Captain Rufus (?) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:11 am

Sorry about the loss of a pet. Legal wise they are merely property but I think we all know reality wise they are so much more in so many cases.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:12 am

So sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is always hard. :fluttersmith:

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:15 pm

My condolences West Filly. :fluttersmith:
Image ("Don't try to reform me, Hag, because I'm made of cold stone.")

PhoolCat
EE
HECKING
YUP

Post by PhoolCat (?) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:39 am

Big hugs :cry: losing them always hurts so much.
Image Image Image Image

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:28 am

:-( Sorry to hear about your cat

Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Post by Smoke (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:19 am

So for the past month or so I've been having trouble sleeping. Can't fall asleep at night, just about everything wakes me up and I get stuck in some kind of half-sleep, and I'm worn out in the mornings as a result. During the weekends it was a bit better as I had the option to sleep in or lie down for a bit during the day. Along with that I've been getting headaches more often, they go away after a while but there's not much that helps against it, not even painkillers. No idea what the cause is. I was hoping it'd stop by itself but it's just been getting worse and Aline pushed me to go see a doctor finally.

Just got back from the doctor with a bunch of prescriptions and the rest of the week off. Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.
Image I shall sing you the song of my people
ImageImageImage

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:27 am

Get well soon, Smoke :hug:

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Good luck, Smoke!

Kronos
THE PEGASIS RISES AGAIN!
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by Kronos (?) » Thu May 03, 2018 10:11 am

Ignore this post - posted in the wrong thread! :facehoof:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Fri May 04, 2018 8:17 pm

I haven’t been able to keep any solid food down for a couple of days, so that has definitely been bringing me down. I’m already tired of the water and diet ginger ale diet.

Erythema

Post by Erythema (?) » Fri May 04, 2018 9:00 pm

It hasn't been a productive day today and I think I know what happened. I really need to do my best with postponing fooling around on the internet until later in the day after I did a satisfactory enough job. Apparently, fooling around is the highest reward I could seek out so indulging in it too early really spoils my day for me, you can say. I've already made a list of rewarding activities and I would do well to heed it. It also kinda explains why people drink coffee in the morning; it essentially rewards them for going through the trouble of waking up early.

There's something else I discovered a few days back: apparently playing Mario Kart 8 for just ~10 minutes (enough for one Grand Prix) boosts my motivation afterwards. Apparently, confidence is a resource I have to build up, starting with simple tasks like tidying up and even a bit of exercise before I start to take on the bigger challenges. I set some time and if I hold it together, I treat myself to something -- could be coffee, could be a snack.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Fri May 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Madeline wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:17 pm
I haven’t been able to keep any solid food down for a couple of days, so that has definitely been bringing me down. I’m already tired of the water and diet ginger ale diet.
Yeesh, that sounds nasty. If you can, please see a doctor about it if it persists.