GSM IV

Where everybody knows your name. (Safe Spaces and Self-Help)

Moderator: Momo

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Re: GSM IV

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:33 pm

Your progress is rad as hell, and I'm so excited for you, Lily!! :yay: :awesomedash: Keep kicking ass!
Image /// Image /// Image

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:50 pm

CosmogenicLily wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:18 am
BIG STATUS UPDATE:
[*]I finally got started (mostly regularly) doing electrolysis to work on my face. I had no idea how annoying it is. I started off with some 90 minute sessions, then dropped to 45 minute sessions since that was all that was available through the end of the year. It's just so annoyingly variable how much pain it is to go through. Some days it's fine and just mild pinpricks, others it's so irritating that I can feel when the probe is inserted into a follicle before zapping it. And while I felt like I was making progress with 90 minutes a day, 45 minute sessions feel so much slower at progressing. And we haven't even gotten close to working on my chin or upper lip. Aaah I wish it was over already...
This was a life saver for the zapping of my upper lip and nether regions: https://www.amazon.com/Lidocaine-Ointme ... th=1&psc=1

It's worth the price, since the electrologist can work faster when you're not in visible pain. If you're uncomfortable at all, use it liberally on the areas getting treated about 30 minutes before treatment.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:47 am

Way to go, Lily! :yay:

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:17 pm

Yay Lily! :allears:

Name: Tammy

BeautifulShy
Your perfect is your perfect. You don't have to look like anybody else to be beautiful. You can just look like yourself
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:03 pm

Way to go Lily!!

Name- Alexis

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:16 am

Putting getting new clothes on indefinite hold because A) lack of money and B) I need to lose the 30 pounds that I gained on the lamictal :ohrarity:

CosmogenicLily
Site Admin

Post by CosmogenicLily (?) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:14 pm

Oh my god shaving my legs for the first time took three hours. Please send help...

On the plus side they really do feel nice

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:57 am

If you're trying to shave long body hair in one pass it's going to take forever. Invest in a good trimmer (or even a bad one), and buzz your hairs short before going at them with a razor. It will save a lot of time.

BeautifulShy
Your perfect is your perfect. You don't have to look like anybody else to be beautiful. You can just look like yourself
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:04 pm

Yeah it can take some time Lily, I recall it took me an hour and a half for my legs in the bath. I would have to agree with Momo and get a trimmer or another option is to do them maybe 2 times a week and it should thin them out.

Name- Alexis

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:41 pm

or just go nuclear and get some Veet

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:02 am

I’d recommend testing Veet out on a small patch of skin first, speaking as someone who spread it all over their arms and got a nice chemical burn on one of them :-I My skin is a bit too sensitive for it.

BeautifulShy
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:57 pm

Speaking of hair removal... I have started hair removal for my bikini area for surgery prep. It is going to take a year of sessions and it is going to be 2 hours a pop once a month for $180 for the area down below but I will be ready. I did apply for Medicare through my dads social security and they denied me based on what information they had which is under my current name but the majority of my history for my disability is under my old name so they didn't really get that history so I have appealed based on that and sent them to where they can get my old records from my old doctors. So for now I play the waiting game and make the most of everything for 2019 like hair removal, getting some sort of paying job and more volunteer work to put on my resume so I can have some sort of extra income for the coming year. I need to sort out an insurance option for my prefered surgeon so when 2020 comes around I will be set.

Name- Alexis

Perpetual Motion
Enthusiasm makes everything an adventure.

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:18 pm

Been doing a lot of thinking lately (because what else is there for me to do?), and I'm trying to decide just how far I want to go with my transition. I've come to the conclusion that my dysphoria is bodily in nature, rather than social. I hate the way my body looks and feels, but I'm not strongly compelled to dress the part or abide by any particular pronouns.

I guess that means that I'm falling into the nebulous non-binary area with an ideally feminine body but no other desire to present or pass as anything else. I've just been gunning for fully female trans-ness because I was reacting away from my previous agender identification. But now I've realized that I over-corrected and I'll be happiest just getting my body right, then having everything else settles where it falls.

So, yeah, I'll be changing that gender tag. He/she/they pronouns are all fine. Let's see where this direction takes me.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:45 am

Good luck, PM! :yay:

BeautifulShy
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:29 pm

Hope you find yourself nicely PM. :yay:

Name- Alexis

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Things are great. :good:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:25 pm

If anyone here is still in the Portland, OR, area, be careful. White supremacsists are actively attacking lgbtqa people in the city at random.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Fuck those assholes. Thanks for the warning.

BeautifulShy
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:41 pm

So about 5 days ago I switch my Anti Androgen from spiro to Bicalutamide and I am noticing less side effects and I am actually seeing growth again after some staginate few months. I also requested that I be put on prometrium which is a bio identical form of progesterone. I am going to start the prometrium next month after I see what kind of side effects, if any, of bica and check levels. I can already tell aside from tiredness there hasn't been much problem over the past 5 days. I am so happy my doc is so open to try out different meds with me.

Name- Alexis

Dexanth
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dexanth (?) » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:58 pm

BeautifulShy wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:41 pm
So about 5 days ago I switch my Anti Androgen from spiro to Bicalutamide and I am noticing less side effects and I am actually seeing growth again after some staginate few months. I also requested that I be put on prometrium which is a bio identical form of progesterone. I am going to start the prometrium next month after I see what kind of side effects, if any, of bica and check levels. I can already tell aside from tiredness there hasn't been much problem over the past 5 days. I am so happy my doc is so open to try out different meds with me.
Can you elaborate more on what side effects you had / which ones are fading / what your timeline is like?

Mostly I haven't heard of any of this before and would like more info to see if I should look into it :-P

BeautifulShy
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:58 am

Dexanth wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:58 pm
Can you elaborate more on what side effects you had / which ones are fading / what your timeline is like?

Mostly I haven't heard of any of this before and would like more info to see if I should look into it :-P

On the spiro I had brain fog, memory problems, viscerial gut fat, lack of energy and poor breast development. As to what are fading I have no brain fog after a few days on bica. My memory is improving. As to the latter three I do have more energy but I still could get more. My breasts are slightly rounding out more instead of being pointy. The viscerial fat it is going to take some time to reverse. As to my time table right now I am going to try this new combonation for a year and see if I see more noticeable growth. So by the end of the year I will be on hormones for 5 years. This past Feb 3rd was my 4th year on hormones.

I can PM you where I got this info if you like.

Name- Alexis

Bigdog
implied

Post by Bigdog (?) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Just bouncing in here to let everyone know that a trans-feminine/nb person just won the Magic: the Gathering Pro Tour (fuck you I refuse to call it the Mythic Championship) :party:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:20 pm

Super cool! I don't follow that stuff at all, thanks for letting us know. :allears:

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:13 am

I voted in today's election for Mayor of Chicago, for Lori Lightfoot, an openly gay black woman, and she ended up getting the most votes! :yay:

She'll be in a runoff election against Toni Preckwinkle, another black woman, who I would be okay with, but she was responsible for a hugely unpopular and regressive soda tax that was eventually repealed, so I'll be recasting my vote for Lightfoot in the runoff.

It will be the first black woman mayor of Chicago no matter what, but if Lightfoot wins, it'll also be the first openly gay mayor of Chicago.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:22 am

That’s cool. :allears:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:38 pm

Rooting for y'all!

BeautifulShy
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:32 pm

So today is transgender visability day. I went out with a friend this morning and was just out there being me and helping her cope with some things. We went to Target and I got some primer and she got some eyes shadow that had the trans colors. We also went to our local park and worked out a little bit. Glad I was able to be with her today and out and about.

Also this weekend is our Pride Parade and Pride Festival and I am going to try and make it down to the festival this weekend.

Name- Alexis

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:35 pm

I pointedly didn't leave the house today. TDOV makes me feel kind of exposed, and shitty about how my transition has gone. The sad thing is, I wasn't always like this. I miss having confidence and feeling good about how things were going. After what happened to me at work, I just sorta gave up, and I haven't bounced back since.

BeautifulShy
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:38 pm

Have you talked about things with a therapist?

Name- Alexis

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:42 am

At length. Transition-related procedures I want have logistic issues that are pretty closely related to my trauma, and it makes sense that I'm avoiding them. Right now I'm working on things like getting out of bed in the morning, and handling pressing time-sensitive matters. And that's all I have the bandwidth for at the moment. I'm working on something that will hopefully improve my outlook and functioning, but as it's self-driven, it's moving at about the pace you'd expect.

BeautifulShy
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:24 am

I know for me it at times can be difficult to get going again after completing something in regards to my transition so take it easy on yourself and go at the pace you can. I always say that transitioning is a marathon and not a sprint. Rooting for you Momo.

Name- Alexis

BeautifulShy
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:48 pm

Octavia wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:13 am
I voted in today's election for Mayor of Chicago, for Lori Lightfoot, an openly gay black woman, and she ended up getting the most votes! :yay:

She'll be in a runoff election against Toni Preckwinkle, another black woman, who I would be okay with, but she was responsible for a hugely unpopular and regressive soda tax that was eventually repealed, so I'll be recasting my vote for Lightfoot in the runoff.

It will be the first black woman mayor of Chicago no matter what, but if Lightfoot wins, it'll also be the first openly gay mayor of Chicago.
Lightfoot won!!!! :ponydrugs: :party: :awesomedash: :allears: :yay: Pretty wonderful time to be alive.

Name- Alexis

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:31 am

I voted for her in the runoff today! :jingo:

Geomancing
Patreon supporter

Post by Geomancing (?) » Fri May 03, 2019 10:25 am

After a long period of mental wrestling and questioning myself (like eight or nine years) I came out as trans to my mother yesterday. I very much credit the Round Stable folks like everyone here, as well as the folks in IRC/Discord, for helping me break through the ingrained bad attitudes I had regarding LGBTQ folks from growing up during the 80s and 90s.

About five years ago I started seriously questioning myself about how I saw myself, what I wanted to be like, and how to get there, but a long series of events made me put it on the back burner until things settled down. Two jobs that would have been a very bad idea to come out while working, then my dad passing and a number of disasters like house flooding and my mom's botched knee surgery forced me to put myself aside until things stabilized enough that I could take the step of coming out.

So, it's a brave new world for me. I'm 38 and while I wish I had the internet when I was younger so I could meet people to help me figure this out earlier, the second-best time to do it was 'now'. I'm going to see a new doctor for a complete physical checkup in three weeks, and I'm going to ask her about a referral to someone to begin the transition process. It's all exciting and a bit frightening.

Thank you all, again, for being so open with your experiences so I could come to grips with myself with some solid information.

Edit: oh yeah I guess I came out as bi too, since her first guess was that I was going to say I was gay :v:

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Fri May 03, 2019 1:13 pm

Congrats, Geo! :yay:

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Fri May 03, 2019 2:47 pm

Do you have a name you'd like the forum community to call you, or do you want a nickname change? Geomancing is still pretty rad and gender-neutral, though. :allears:
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Geomancing
Patreon supporter

Post by Geomancing (?) » Fri May 03, 2019 4:21 pm

I'm going to stick with Geomancing as a handle, but the name I'm going to use is Valerie. Actually changing it is one of those 'in the future' things; my mind winces when I think of how many things I'd have to change it on. Bank and card, driver's license, all kinds of doctors, etc. That's a task for when I'm confident in my transition that it'll be fairly self-evident dealing with strangers face-to-face.

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Fri May 03, 2019 7:23 pm

Yay Geo! :yay:

Name: Tammy

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Fri May 03, 2019 8:17 pm

Great job, Geo. You made a really big step on a long journey, and you can be very proud of yourself. :flutterunsmith: One thing at a time, now. You got this.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sat May 04, 2019 3:26 am

Congrats Geo! :yay: