Donald Trump Thread

Old Mare Yells At Cloud. (News, Events, Philosophy)
Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Re: Donald Trump Thread

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:42 am

Happy birthday you orange piece of shit
ImageImageImageImageImage

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Madeline
who cares
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:56 am

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.jpg

There’s this, I guess.

Factory Factory
It's about ethics in video game journalism.
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 am

She wasn't wearing it when she got off the plane, it's probably not as big a deal as it's-

What's that?

The designer of the jacket has been criticized in the past for pro-Nazi imagery in its clothing? Surely it can't be that bad-
“Zara cultivates a worldly and cosmopolitan image, but the company is notorious for selling products featuring racist and anti-Semitic images and messages, including handbags depicting swastikas, children’s pajamas resembling concentration camp uniforms (a product that, after an international outcry, the company said would be ‘exterminated’), necklaces containing figurines in black face, and a T-shirt proclaiming that ‘White Is the New Black,'” the complaint states. [Parentheses in original.]
Did.... Did Stephen Miller pick her wardrobe?
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:07 am

:rariwhat:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:18 am

This truly is the dumbest timeline.
Image /// Image /// Image

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:08 am

Meanwhile he once again uses this as a smokescreen. This time to deflect an executive order he made to revoke Obama's National Ocean Policy. So now the ocean is once again open to drilling.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:12 am

Bill Plympton is doing some Trump shorts for the NYT.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Pocket
MUCKLE DAMRED CULTI 'AIR EH NAMBLIES BE KEEPIN' ME WEE MEN!?!?

Post by Pocket (?) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 pm

His paranoia was entertaining, at least. It's not like we were ever going to get anyone good running any department or agency as long as Trump's still in the White House. I wonder if we'll ever find out just who or what he was afraid of all this time.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:15 pm

I hope they don't cancel all the investigations just because he's leaving.

Pocket

Post by Pocket (?) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:15 am

We finally have solid evidence that Trump is guilty of tax fraud, but that's not what stood out to me about this article. Buried at the very bottom among a list of white-collar crimes he's conspiring to make unenforceable is this bit:
Trump is making the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the agency tasked with cracking down on fraudulent credit cards and banking, almost helpless.
So we can worry about identity theft becoming de facto legal now. What the hell is next? Legalizing ransomware? Mugging? Just straight-up turning law enforcement into a protection racket? The man is literally running the country like an organized crime boss.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:14 am

I'm wondering if there's a single crime he could commit at this point that his followers wouldn't turn a blind eye to. That whole thing about how he could murder someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight and get away with it is probably true.

Factory Factory
It's about ethics in video game journalism.
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:35 am

The cruelty is the point.

Or, besides a pithy link re-using the title, here's the full URL: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... nt/572104/

TW: historical references to racial violence and lynching, contemporary reference sexual assault (specifically Dr. Ford and her treatment by Trump and the GOP)

tl;dr: To Donald Trump's supporters, cruelty is a bonding activity. It's the latest incarnation of an old American tradition. A support-disqualifying crime would have to be a crime against his supporters. Anything, possibly literally anything, he does to people his supporters don't like will only increase their support of him.
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Pocket

Post by Pocket (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:54 am

I wonder if that can be said of the entire Republican party at this point, because it certainly seems like Congress is just as willing to stand by everything he says and does. There has been speculation that the Russian hackers dug up some serious blackmail fodder, and if that's true I'm crossing my fingers that it all gets leaked soon.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 am

Pocket wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:54 am
I wonder if that can be said of the entire Republican party at this point, because it certainly seems like Congress is just as willing to stand by everything he says and does. There has been speculation that the Russian hackers dug up some serious blackmail fodder, and if that's true I'm crossing my fingers that it all gets leaked soon.
I wouldn't be surprised, but I don't think they need it. The Tea Party dragged all the old Republican Congressmen along with their demands because they were a big enough chunk of the Republican base, and they supported all the stuff the Republicans said they wanted anyway. Now their base is a seething mob that will agree with literally anything Trump says, so the party makes his whims their new platform.

Lindsey Graham was low on my list of "likely to have a freak-out and start trashing the rape victim publicly," but here we are. Either he wants that AG job, or he's terrified of his voters. Or he agreed with them all long, which... is getting hard to deny these days.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:32 am

Factory Factory wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:35 am
tl;dr: To Donald Trump's supporters, cruelty is a bonding activity. It's the latest incarnation of an old American tradition. A support-disqualifying crime would have to be a crime against his supporters. Anything, possibly literally anything, he does to people his supporters don't like will only increase their support of him.
He suggested taking people's guns away without due process a while back and that didn't change their minds either. :pinkieshrug:

Pocket

Post by Pocket (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:33 am

They understood that he didn't mean them.