It’s Friday night ...
I think I’ll watch a ponies!
“How come I
ain’t the example? Rarity and me are BFFs an’ we can’t even stand each other!”
“It’s true, we can’t.”
• Nice save, Starlight!
• Heels on a horse ARE useless! This episode is so meta. And then Rarity makes a horse noise.
• Rarity shedding glitter all over the place is a great running gag.
• guidance counselor slash couples therapist Starlight Glimmer
• Starlight is a crucial source of the
snarky sourness Twilight stopped providing after princessing
• Lyra and Bon-Bon are still the cutest couple.
• Rarity saying “Caballeron” is a thing I’ve replayed five times and counting.
• This is a pretty serious and realistic conflict being addressed this week, but at the same time it’s really fun and funny. Which is quite a feat!
• They could have solved the problem by LOOKING UP.
• Rarity’s been grinding her lockpicking skill! And to think Dash said it was a trap stat.
• And then Rarity kicks like a horse!
This one was really fun with — dare I say — a very S1 feel. Two main characters with a very basic friendship problem: even after all these seasons there are still good episodes to be mined from that.