S01E15: Feeling Pinkie Keen

Episode, movie, and comic book discussion threads are kept here once they have been released.

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

S01E15: Feeling Pinkie Keen

Post by The Doctor (?) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:28 pm

Feeling Pinkie Keen
Airdate: February 11, 2011
Writer: Dave Polsky
Twilight Sparkle learns that Pinkie Pie has an unusual ability to sense happenings in the immediate future, known as "Pinkie Sense."
Last edited by The Doctor on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Re: Feeling Pinkie Keen - Season 1: Episode 15

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:27 pm

I know this episode mainly generated controversy for having some sort of pseudo-atheistic message, but what bugs me more is just how much of a jerk Twilight was. I guess her behavior here was still to be expected, considering that at this point she had mostly lived a sheltered life in Canterlot academia and still wasn't a good friend at all. But jeez, maybe at least try to understand that not everything in your world is rational or at least explainable?

Looking back now (with the perspective of all the rest of the show and what it's set up), I suppose I'd expect ponies to generally understand that they're magical creatures in a magical world, to understand that it's just part of living in Equestria. I don't have the pitch bible on hand at the moment, but I sort of remember the idea back then being that unicorns were supposed to be pretty much the only ones with any magical ability whatsoever, so maybe it's in that mindset that Twilight was behaving here.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:40 am

Auxiliatrix

Post by Auxiliatrix (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Fizzbuzz wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:40 am
Oh my god. This is amazing. :-D

As for the episode itself, I've always been conflicted on it. The moral/idea behind it always struck me in an odd way, but the comedy is pretty strong throughout, so I suppose I'd put myself somewhere in the middle of the "love/hate" reaction this episode seems to produce (though I see more "hate" than "love").

Life in one image. Interpret as you wish.