My “Let’s Watch a Ponies And See What Happens” reaction post.
• We appear to be getting a lot more Spike-burps-a-letter this season. And more Spike in general. These are positive changes. (Spike eps are not always
my favorite but he’s been pretty great this season.)
• Do library books still have those little pockets with the checkout cards? It’s certainly how I remember it, but I’m an old.
• Man, and I thought Fluttershy was into guilt trips.
• Twilight got a whole library blown up on her watch. If she avoided Library Jail for that I’m sure she can survive this.
• because of the SHAME
• Moondancer, hell yeah this episode just gained another star.
• Relax, Twilight, Dusty was probably just an embezzler or something normal like that.
• Dusty had her over for tea? I guess she was another of Twilight’s Canterlot not-quite-friends.
• I bet Bojack’s mom lives down the hall.
• I dunno why, but watching Twilight’s expectant smile melt away is hilarious to me.
• Pony windsurfing. I think I really have
• Dusty does seem happy, but there’s clearly an unhealed wound there.
• In Amending Fences, Twilight’s old friends were either totally no-sweat with her leaving for Ponyville or (in Moondancer’s case) super pissed. No middle ground. Maybe Dusty is in the middle, though.
• Ha, and she never even read the MacGuffin.
I like the tone of this one! It’s a story about Twilight freaking out but it doesn’t resort to Lesson Zero craziness. Twilight’s pretty normal and relatable through this.