time again for me! What's on tap tonight? A dragon episode? Huh. Well, Spike's been an A+ player this season so I'm feeling good about this.
* If you're a student, Fluttershy would be an ideal teacher-chaperone. Since, you know, she's a total doormat and she'd let you get away with drinking. I bet.
* They're going conveniently long without naming the brother. This is like when boasty Boromir traveled with the fellowship for 2 months and never mentioned Faramir, so it's a big surprise when Frodo and Sam meet him later.
* Hey, maybe Smolder's brother is Faramir!
Naw just kidding, I already got spoiled on this one.
* I've been to Rotorua in New Zealand, the spa town that stinks of sulfur 24/7. It's ... it's not great. I mean it's a pretty town with nice hotels, it just stinks.
* I wonder if non-ponies like Ember get offended when Fluttershy calls them "creatures", or if that's the accepted species-neutral term.
* There's a quest line in Ultima VI where you have to obtain a dragon egg for an ex-pirate-turned chef, which he will exchange for a piece of a map. And now I'm trying to imagine which virtues the different ponies would be maxed out in. Fluttershy is all about Compassion, of course, which would make her a bard.
* It would rule if Smolder's brother were actually Crackle. But alas, it is not to be.
* Yes Spike, laugh fire is dangerous! As opposed to the non-dangerous kinds of fire! (Don't get me wrong though, it's pretty neat that dragons can breathe different colors.)
* I like the metallic clanking when Garble and Smolder do their handshake.
* Is this actually lava, or is it magma? I have no idea which is which. I guess I could look it up but in the spirit of this episode, I'm going to take the dragon approach to things and be super lazy.
* I hope they chlorinated the lava so no one gets sick.
* I am totally invested in the Fluttershy-Ember plot and I hope it turns out dragons only hatch when you play death metal at them.
* Spike knows what's up. Destroying red velvet cake is the foulest evil this show has portrayed.
* "Thank you for speaking your truth"
* If you squint in the background, you can see a burned-up Anakin Skywalker crawling around. Made ya look!
* Fluttershy doesn't dick around with dragons anymore.
* Garble doing Beat poetry ... is ... not an image I was expecting. Well done show, after 9 seasons you can still surprise me.
* I just realized that is a HECKING LOT of dragon eggs. That's like a world-conquering number of dragons. I am now genuinely concerned about them hatching. They must be stopped.
* Did Garble just dab? Who am I kidding, of course he did. Of course that happened.
* You can't take the baby dragons, Fluttershy, they are someone's children
Hard-nosed Fluttershy and poet Garble were the highlights of ... eh ... let's say a solid B episode. The ending was weirdly curt and abrupt, so in the spirit of the episode I'm going to do the same thing and