S05E18: Crusaders of the Lost Mark

Episode, movie, and comic book discussion threads are kept here once they have been released.

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

S05E18: Crusaders of the Lost Mark

Post by The Doctor (?) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Crusaders of the Lost Mark
Airdate: October 10, 2015
Writer: Amy Keating Rogers
Butts. This entire episode is about butts. Symbols on butts. Being a butt. Nothing but butts.

Auxiliatrix

Re: S05E18: Crusaders of the Lost Mark

Post by Auxiliatrix (?) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:44 pm

At the end of the episode, it's revealed that Diamond Tiara got the funds for the new playground from her father, suggesting that Diamond Tiara was already going to change/become a different pony prior to that whole climax with the CMC and such. I've went into a lot of detail before when I've discussed this episode with people I know, and I've always wondered if other people noticed this or if I'm missing some obvious explanation.

Life in one image. Interpret as you wish.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:12 am

I think that's just time compression for the sake of wrapping up the last act quickly. DT says:
[quote]Image These are the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and they are my friends! You need to stop calling them such mean and hurtful names! They are working harder to get their cutie marks than anypony I've ever seen! And they will get them exactly when they discover their true talent, which I guarantee will be amazing! Now, will you please deliver this to father?

Image Yes, of course, dear...

Image I have to thank you, Crusaders. Obviously I've known since I got my cutie mark that my talent is getting other ponies to do what I want. I just asked my father if he could donate the money for the new playground equipment!

Applepie2017
Nostalgia nerd

Post by Applepie2017 (?) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:27 am

What a day for the 5th year of FiM the 10th October it was.
But...
This one's too young

Auxiliatrix

Post by Auxiliatrix (?) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 pm

SlateSlabrock wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:12 am
I think that's just time compression for the sake of wrapping up the last act quickly. DT says:
I presumed that, but I still find it kind of strange. It could easily have been a short sequence in the song that follows (as that song is basically a montage). :pinkieshrug:

Life in one image. Interpret as you wish.