The Gender and Sexual Minorities Thread II: So Many Wonders

Where only the shiniest threads are preserved for all to see.
Lazy

Re: The Gender and Sexual Minorities Thread II: So Many Wond

Post by Lazy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:57 pm

[quote="Kitty post_id=53217 time=1388757316 user_id=137]So word on tumblr's been spreading that the latest Pokemon games actually feature a trans trainer - some random trainer in the Battle Maison that you may fight mentions it after the battle.

For reference, unimportant enemy trainers come in 'classes', and every NPC of said class has the same appearance. The Black Belt class is exclusively male, and often relies on muscular, manly Pokemon like Machoke. The game does mention that NPCs get to choose their class to some extent (two Hex Maniacs complain about how they can't live up to the class, and numerous Punks talk about why they chose to be Punks), so this is an interesting spin on their 'class' system, even if it's only a moment most people won't even see.

I dunno if this is relevant to anything beyond affirming how much of a huge nerd I am, but I thought it was worth showing.[/quote]The original Japanese text has her saying something about how amazing modern medicine is as well, IIRC.

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:59 pm

Kinda figured this would happen at some point.

Supreme Court halts gay marriage in Utah
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday put same-sex marriages in Utah on hold, granting the state’s request for a stay while it appeals a ruling that laws banning such marriages are unconstitutional.

The court said the stay would be in place until the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver makes a decision on Utah’s appeal.

The appellate court has agreed to hear Utah’s appeal on an expedited basis, with all filings in the case due by the end of February.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:04 pm

The US supreme court but the basic human rights of a minority on hold to determine how legislators can violate the spirit but not the letter of the law.

There will be a time when we look back on these days of petty ignorance with the same head-shaking embarrassment as we do the civil rights movements of the 60s.

Probably while we're keeping another minority down.

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:00 pm

In happier news, Dean Blundell is a homophobic, racist moron on morning radio here in Canada. Looks like someone finally staked the fucker.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/01 ... ntary.html (Audio clip here is NWS)

Ninetails

Post by Ninetails (?) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Just as a heads up, there's a new blog in town called Trans Clothes Swap. Transfolk - and generous cisfolk - can post stuff about the clothes they don't wear and the blog will arrange for it to be given to some trans person who needs it!

It's pretty new, though, so nothing has actually happened yet. I'm also curious if this is actually the first time something like this has ever been done, does anyone know of anything similar? Either way, I think I'll keep my eye on it.

The Fonz

Post by The Fonz » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:30 pm

Corpy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:59 pm

Come two months, Utah's request to ban gay marriage will be rejected yet again because they literally do not have an actual argument against it.

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:26 pm

The Court of Appeals wants to make this fast, given what the Supreme Court just did. They set a deadline for Utah's main brief in support of appeal for January 27th, which is pretty accelerated. That's less than a month, and the normal deadline is two months from notice of appeal being filed.

Utah's main argument for the stay is pretty compelling, if douchey: "If we somehow won, we'd have all these marriages that would be invalidated. That would suck for them, and it'd suck for us trying to untangle everything." It'd be Prop 8 again on a smaller scale - rescinding a right because you've suddenly decided it's not actually a right is total horseshit. It's arguably marginally less bad to not extend it in the first place, though not everyone would agree.

Kinda like the Alan Turing clemency - some people were very upset about it - pardon no-one or pardon everyone was what they wanted, because a special privilege under the law doesn't address larger issues of inequality.
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:57 pm

I wonder if this will force the issue at a federal level.

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:19 pm

Well, it already was with a Federal judge. Now it's getting a Federal appeal. Assuming that goes the same way as the District Court decision, I see this going one of three ways:
  • Supreme Court takes the case, in which case gay marriage is wins or loses. There are degrees of either, but fundamentally it'd be yes or no. No rolls back Utah's changes and prevents similar challenges from succeeding. Yes opens up new similar challenges or just outright legalizes gay marriage universally.
  • Supreme Court punts. Refuse to take it or otherwise ignore the merits. This sets up a potential minor constitutional crisis, where different federal circuits have different jurisprudence towards gay marriage. This lets the SC do nothing for a decade until it comes to a head again - or if all circuits agree, allow gay marriage without a Supreme Court decision.[/list:u]

But none of this has to be conclusive. US v. Windsor was Federal, and it killed part of DOMA, but it didn't end things. And the Prop 8 case punted - all that was said at a Federal level was that the original ruling hadn't been properly appealed.
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Ninetails

Post by Ninetails (?) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:30 pm

[quote="Kitty post_id=53223 time=1389048420 user_id=137]Just as a heads up, there's a new blog in town called Trans Clothes Swap. Transfolk - and generous cisfolk - can post stuff about the clothes they don't wear and the blog will arrange for it to be given to some trans person who needs it!

It's pretty new, though, so nothing has actually happened yet. I'm also curious if this is actually the first time something like this has ever been done, does anyone know of anything similar? Either way, I think I'll keep my eye on it.[/quote]

A bit of unfortunate timing on my part, I guess, so apologies for the interruption. Just updating that there's a UK-specific blog here.

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:38 pm

[quote="Kitty post_id=53228 time=1389069005 user_id=137]

A bit of unfortunate timing on my part, I guess, so apologies for the interruption. Just updating that there's a UK-specific blog here.[/quote]
Just because no one commented on it yet doesn't mean nobody's interested. :-P

ShieldedDiamond

Post by ShieldedDiamond » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:50 am

I feel like the Supreme Court will eventually take it, bringing this to a federal level. But politics is not my strongest suite, so in reality, what do I know? :pinkieshrug:

And Kitty Kate, I just got a chance to look at that a bit more in depth, I actually find that to be a really interesting concept. So it's relatively new? It looks like it's off to a fantastic start then.

M14Brony

Post by M14Brony » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:13 am

Corpy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:59 pm

The homophobes know they have lost the battle here. They are simply tormenting LGBT people out of spite at this point.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:58 am

[quote="Factory post_id=53227 time=1389068380 user_id=54]Well, it already was with a Federal judge. Now it's getting a Federal appeal. Assuming that goes the same way as the District Court decision, I see this going one of three ways:
  • Supreme Court takes the case, in which case gay marriage is wins or loses. There are degrees of either, but fundamentally it'd be yes or no. No rolls back Utah's changes and prevents similar challenges from succeeding. Yes opens up new similar challenges or just outright legalizes gay marriage universally.
  • Supreme Court punts. Refuse to take it or otherwise ignore the merits. This sets up a potential minor constitutional crisis, where different federal circuits have different jurisprudence towards gay marriage. This lets the SC do nothing for a decade until it comes to a head again - or if all circuits agree, allow gay marriage without a Supreme Court decision.[/list:u]

But none of this has to be conclusive. US v. Windsor was Federal, and it killed part of DOMA, but it didn't end things. And the Prop 8 case punted - all that was said at a Federal level was that the original ruling hadn't been properly appealed.[/quote]
    I expect that the Supreme Court will punt again, too. Back when DOMA came up, I remember discussion from the justices about whether or not the Supreme Court should have that sort of power, to make such policy changes on a federal basis. (Never mind the fact that the Supreme Court has been deciding such cases for centuries....) Most likely they'll just let the 10th Circuit's appeal decision stand and hope that a shitstorm doesn't start over the second scenario you described.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 am

Whoop! Finally, an update on Mission "Perry gets the tubes tied"! :party: (for new users, in case you wanna read, this post and that post got the backstory)

My supervisor got in touch with an organization situated in Hamburg that specializes in women getting assistance and counseling in order to receive abortions, birth control, and the works. Basically, they are all about women's rights to their bodies.

Apparently, when my supervisor called the organization, he found another reason why the doctors I've been talking to have been so hesistant about the whole ordeal - Compulsory sterilization is some of the biggest baggage Germany still has from the Third Reich times. Apparently because of it, sterilization is a thing that's not done a lot in Germany in general. While I can understand that, definitely, I'm still pretty baffled that it cripples the possibilities of people who want this whole thing voluntarily. Nobody is roping me into it. I want it.

Anyway, at the very least this organization seems like the right place for my issue, and so I now have an appointment with a lady doctor there on the 16th at 10 AM. I have no idea how far that doctor can help me, but she's supposed to be very knowledgable about this kinda trouble and I think I can definitely get further with her than with anyone else I've been seeing.

I've been stressing out over this for so many years now, and recently more than ever. My hormone levels have been all over the place and my period has been back more frequently. I absolutely cannot wait to get this on track, and it seems I'm closer than ever. Here's hoping.
Image /// Image /// Image

The Fonz

Post by The Fonz » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:41 am

:yay: I'm very happy for you, Perry!

By the way, I saw a friend recently post this on his facebook. I figured it would be appropriate.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:16 am

Perrydotto wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 am
Compulsory sterilization is some of the biggest baggage Germany still has from the Third Reich times. Apparently because of it, sterilization is a thing that's not done a lot in Germany in general.
Nazis ruined everything :unenthused:

Still, here's hoping you're one step closer! :yay:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:53 am

[quote="The post_id=53234 time=1389105694 user_id=1]By the way, I saw a friend recently post this on his facebook. I figured it would be appropriate.[/quote]

Damn, that's short, sweet and to the point. Just what I needed to read today. Thank you. :flutterunsmith:

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:33 pm

My friends are now at the age where they're starting to have kids, and it just immediately turns them all into boring people. They lose every second of free time and the only thing they ever talk about anymore is their children. You are very strong for standing up and not caving to societal pressure, Perry. And I hope your appointment goes well! :yay:
ImageImageImageImageImage

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Firstly, here's hoping your gonad troubles will be gone with the help of this doctor, perry.

Secondly, I did something today which could be simple advice for someone worried about shopping and trying things on.

When I'm shopping in a women's section, you'll see me on my phone, and sometimes with a list in my hand. I'm hoping that anyone who sees me will figure that I've just been given a shopping list from my girlfriend.

I bought some clothes I was scouting, then went to the male section upstairs and asked the changing room "is it okay if I put on something I bought?" while holding up my bag. They just let me in without a care, and never looked at my bag to see what I had. I tried on my stuff and returned the things that didn't fit. The only slightly awkward moment is buying them, but I just break that by saying "heh, they're not for me, obviously."

I'll mention that this is a store which has separate men and womens sections, as well as a whole separate customer service desk for returns, so at no point did I have to interact with the same person twice.

If you're wondering how to do this in woman specific shops, maybe go to a mens shop after and "try on a shirt"? I dunno
👉👉🥜🏠

Fontra
forums shittiest ponisters

Post by Fontra (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:02 pm

I do hope to one day have kids, but meh I need to get to a point where I can even handle a romantic relationship in the first place so it ain't going to be for a while.

InC

Post by InC » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:14 pm

No one should have to go through all that to exercise their rights on their body, Perry. I hope you can get this resolved quickly, and it does sound like you're getting close! :yay:

Ninetails

Post by Ninetails (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:32 pm

[quote="In post_id=53238 time=1389117021 user_id=130]I bought some clothes I was scouting, then went to the male section upstairs and asked the changing room "is it okay if I put on something I bought?" while holding up my bag. They just let me in without a care, and never looked at my bag to see what I had. I tried on my stuff and returned the things that didn't fit. The only slightly awkward moment is buying them, but I just break that by saying "heh, they're not for me, obviously."[/quote]

Is this a UK thing, or just a big city thing? I've never had to tell anyone what I was doing, but I've never really shopped in popular areas anyway :pinkieshrug:

Also, that's awesome, Perry! :yay:

Sometimes I wish I had kids, but then I remember a cat or a bird would fit the same purpose. In fact, trying to teach a bird to play video games is way more interesting than teaching a kid... :ponder:

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:43 pm

Yeah, some UK stores have a person outside the fitting room, and you usually need to get a token from them to go in. (The token doesn't usually insert into the door or anything, it's just there so they know how many changing rooms are free). I don't know if big cities in the US do it, but I know that even the relatively small local M&S does.

ROBOT B9

Post by ROBOT B9 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:54 pm

I hope everything goes well, Perry! I personally want to have children one day, but that's something I won't think about for a long, long time.

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:41 pm

I usually just go to women's clothing stores, and try stuff on like it ain't no thing. Sometimes I'll get an awkward pause, but most of the time the clerks don't bat an eye. I've never had a problem. :pinkieshrug:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:47 pm

I don't have a single item of women's clothing because even when I'm not afraid to buy them I don't want to spend lots of $$$ on clothes now when my goal is to lose a lot more weight this year. That money would just be wasted.

Hah, what money? I don't have any and won't get paid again until next month because I don't get to go back to work until the 14th. :applejargh:

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:03 pm

Momar wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:41 pm
I usually just go to women's clothing stores, and try stuff on like it ain't no thing. Sometimes I'll get an awkward pause, but most of the time the clerks don't bat an eye. I've never had a problem. :pinkieshrug:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the fear is entirely in my head, but at the moment, I still haven't broken through the barrier of it being there. :nnngh:

EDIT: Also:
A trans woman, who was asked to appear in the ITV soap Emmerdale as a transgender barmaid, has received an apology after her gender was made to be the source of ridicule.
The scene, which would have aired in early 2014, featured four female characters in a gay bar competing to get phone numbers from other women.
Actress Samantha Valentine – who played the barmaid – complained to ITV, accusing the show of transphobia.
The scene sees character Laurel, played by Charlotte Bellamy, getting a phone number from the barmaid. But Laurel’s friends and her boyfriend say it “doesn’t count.”
Marlon Dingle replies to Laurel: “That’s not fair, that’s a he, not a she.”
Creative director John Whiston has since apologised, describing the scene as “plain wrong”.
He said: “I wholly agree that including such unchallenged attitudes in Emmerdale is plain wrong. It is a huge disappointment to me and to the team that in this instance such unthinking and old-fashioned prejudice should have crept into the show in this way.
“Apparently it was added at a very late stage before filming when the show was in danger of under-running.
“It would no doubt have been picked up by myself, the producer or Compliance, when we viewed and approved the programme prior to transmission.
“But this would have been in early January, so it is really good you have brought it to our attention now and we’ve been able to take action at this earlier stage,” he added.
Good on them for catching it before it aired, but still :( that it got in without someone challenging either it as part of the script or adding someone challenging the character.

M14Brony

Post by M14Brony » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:09 pm

Perrydotto wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 am
Whoop! Finally, an update on Mission "Perry gets the tubes tied"! :party: (for new users, in case you wanna read, this post and that post got the backstory)

My supervisor got in touch with an organization situated in Hamburg that specializes in women getting assistance and counseling in order to receive abortions, birth control, and the works. Basically, they are all about women's rights to their bodies.

Apparently, when my supervisor called the organization, he found another reason why the doctors I've been talking to have been so hesistant about the whole ordeal - Compulsory sterilization is some of the biggest baggage Germany still has from the Third Reich times. Apparently because of it, sterilization is a thing that's not done a lot in Germany in general. While I can understand that, definitely, I'm still pretty baffled that it cripples the possibilities of people who want this whole thing voluntarily. Nobody is roping me into it. I want it.

Anyway, at the very least this organization seems like the right place for my issue, and so I now have an appointment with a lady doctor there on the 16th at 10 AM. I have no idea how far that doctor can help me, but she's supposed to be very knowledgable about this kinda trouble and I think I can definitely get further with her than with anyone else I've been seeing.

I've been stressing out over this for so many years now, and recently more than ever. My hormone levels have been all over the place and my period has been back more frequently. I absolutely cannot wait to get this on track, and it seems I'm closer than ever. Here's hoping.
It is disgusting to know that there are people who will go to such lengths to prevent a woman from making choices about her own body. The stick is being bent too far against the Nazis (how is voluntary sterilization the same thing as what they did), and I think people are using that as an excuse to deny women to do what they want with their own bodies. I am pleased with the progress you have made, and I hope you finally triumph over the dolts who have been throwing obstacle after obstacle in your way. :yay:

It is highly unlikely that I will have children, let alone get into a relationship, but I will admit that I have softened up a bit regarding this. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I sometimes wonder if one of my sisters having children had something to do with it, given that my three year-old niece is quite intelligent (she could attend Kindergarten with what she knows). I do still feel a bit awkward around children, given that I don't have much experience with them, but this hasn't stopped me from becoming my niece's favorite uncle (I have two younger brothers). :yay:

Some people change their minds over the course of their lives, so I suppose I am not an exception to the rule. Of course, I am not relationship material, and I actively avoid relationships (I would be a great "teddy bear," but my introverted nature would make dates silent and awkward). Furthermore, I would want to at least be somewhat well-off financially speaking (admittedly, this is possible; I could one day land an HVAC job with a decent salary after I finish college), and this wouldn't be the case with my current job (we don't have universal healthcare in the USA, and a family health insurance premium through my employer costs $1000 per month).

I am bisexual, so assuming I end up getting into a long-term relationship, I may not have to deal with the issue of biological children. However, if I end up in a long-term relationship with a girl and decide to have kids (this could be more likely, as I strongly "lean" toward women when it comes to attraction), I am going to pamper her during her pregnancy, as I can't help but feel that this is the right thing for a guy to do (only a few minutes of bliss underneath the bedsheets would be required of me, but she would have to go through nine agonizing months).

BackgroundPony
I'm ready to initiate self-destruct sequence.
Faithful Students
Patreon supporter

Post by BackgroundPony (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:00 pm

I'm firmly in the no kids camp, and since I'm in my thirties, I don't foresee any sudden surge of feeling making me change my mind. My girlfriend, similarly, has never really been interested in bearing children. From time to time she muses that it might be worth it to adopt, but I don't think anything will ever come of that.

From my perspective, I don't think life is a good enough thing to force it on someone against their will. I know, that probably sounds a little odd, and no, I'm not hinting at suicidal tendencies or anything like that. Just saying, weighing my experience of this whole existence thing so far leaves me feeling uneasy about being able to justify forcing it on a child who gets no say in the matter. I can't say I think it would have been better if I'd never existed (because then I run into the obvious question of 'better for whom, exactly?' There's no me there for it to be better for. Then I just get confused and give up that train of thought) but I can't say I enjoy it too much.

And then of course there are practical considerations about bringing one more consuming, waste producing human into this already crowded world. And the increasingly worrying possibility that we could reach some sort of climate apocalypse within the next century. And do I really want to be responsible for bringing someone into that?

Of course, all my high philosophy can't be exactly ironclad. If it made perfect sense, then no one should ever have kids and we'd run out of humanity pretty quick.

ShieldedDiamond

Post by ShieldedDiamond » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:10 pm

I as well, Perry, wish you the best of luck! I do hope the best goes for you. :yay:

Ninetails

Post by Ninetails (?) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:48 pm

Ah, a fun thing - interviews with Carmen Carrera and Laverne Cox and their careers and gender identity. Carmen Carrera is a model and Laverne Cox plays a transwoman in Orange is the New Black.

The host Katie Couric (who seems nice, honestly, but uneducated about this) attempts to direct the conversation toward the status of their lady bits, and the two do a great job of deflecting it to the real issues. Watch the interviews here and here.

BeautifulShy
Your perfect is your perfect. You don't have to look like anybody else to be beautiful. You can just look like yourself
Stare Masters

Post by BeautifulShy (?) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:33 am

Saw those interviews today and I like how Carmen and Laverne directed the conversation into the direction of what really matters to trans people today. It is more about the day to day and acceptance then what is below your waist.

Name- Alexis

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:17 am

Why is it that antis make a bigger deal of GLBT things than GLBT people do? I was speaking with someone the other week, and she made the very good point that anti-marriage people often flail over the point that they're worried about having to explain gay sex to their children if they see two men married. When's the last time parents worried about a Disney Princess wedding forcing the issue of heterosexual sex on their kid? Fred Phelps thinks more about gay sex then most gay men I know.

Meanwhile, trans people just want to belong in a social role and the media is covered with stories about whether we tuck, or where we take a dump. Where I go to the can is none of anyone's goddamn business. Most of the upscale urban joints have unisex bathrooms now anyways.

Scuderia
Tired,
but
Strong
Fashion Queens

Post by Scuderia (?) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:35 am

Octavia wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:33 pm
My friends are now at the age where they're starting to have kids, and it just immediately turns them all into boring people. They lose every second of free time and the only thing they ever talk about anymore is their children. You are very strong for standing up and not caving to societal pressure, Perry. And I hope your appointment goes well! :yay:
It's not for everybody, and culturally they're different enough so that yes, they might seem limited or boring to you.
But that "Ha-Ha! Suckers!" attitude is completely out of line. There's parents with kids on this forum too, you know.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:47 am

It's not for everyone, definitely. I personally adore children, hence why I volunteer at a summer camp and everything, but I can't see myself having a family of my own anytime soon, and I absolutely definitely can't see myself giving birth to children, ever.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for the support, everyone. 8 more days until the appointment! I can do this.

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:14 am

I dislike children. I just can't deal with someone who can't calm down and negotiate reasonably rather than blowing a raspberry in your face. I know there are plenty of adults who are this way, but I don't have any obligation to continue speaking with those adults, nor is it my place to attempt to shape their ideas. I also don't have the authoritative tendencies, or the confidence in my own evaluations of things which are happening, to provide discipline when it is needed. Most importantly, I simply find children unpleasant and awkward to be around on the very simple level of "that's how I feel when I'm around kids". There's one final thing that seals the deal for me. It's selfish, I know, but I have every right to think of myself. That final thing is what I could do with all that money and time to myself!

But I have the strongest admiration for anyone who does give their commitment to a child. As I am scared off by the difficulties of raising a child myself, I'm kind of awestruck by people who are able to do it and smile about it (at times :v:).
Last edited by West Filly on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
👉👉🥜🏠

Fontra
forums shittiest ponisters

Post by Fontra (?) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:18 am

All kids are different to be honest. Some are easier to discipline than others. :pinkieshrug:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:21 am

There's nothing to justify. You like kids or you don't. It's a very personal decision and one I dearly wish wouldn't get so much scrutiny, no matter in which direction. Having children is a big damn deal and thus nothing you should let others decide for you, ever.

Demeh

Post by Demeh » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:23 am

I simply love most kids, and definitely want to be a father one day :flutterunsmith: . I also get that there's a whole lot of sleep deprivations, vomit, and one day, puberty involved, but that's all beautiful in its own way :-P

Also, good for you, Perry :). I also agree with what everyone has said, it's not for everyone.