The Gender and Sexual Minorities Thread II: So Many Wonders

Where only the shiniest threads are preserved for all to see.
ixnay
The Great and Powerful Trixsters

Re: The Gender and Sexual Minorities Thread II: So Many Wonders

Post by ixnay (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:39 am

Unikitty wrote:
Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:50 am
I hate hospitals (considering I nearly bled to death when I first had my tonsils out)
Oh wow, someone else on here that had this happen to them :nngh:

Anyways, best of luck Logicgate!

Logicgate

Post by Logicgate (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:40 am

Hospital food update: to my unrefined American palate, not a bad pad thai

Also I've got my psych eval done. I had to draw a person, and then draw a scene including a house, a tree, and some people. :pinkieshrug:

Gravenstein

Post by Gravenstein » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:04 am

This is gonna probably get lost in all of Logicgate's rad as hell posts, but: I came out as bi to my sisters tonight and they were totally supportive :allears:

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:39 am

That's awesome Gravvy :awesomedash:

ShieldedDiamond

Post by ShieldedDiamond » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:57 pm

In order to boost my downed spirits, I decided to set a goal for myself. In order to further myself in my process, I've decided to start gathering things together, and b May 3rd, take a trip to the Providence Mall, completely crossed dressed and everything, and it'll be the first time I ever do anything in public. (Aside from nail polish.) Not to mention it would be 2 days before my doctor appointment to discuss hormones. I know I need to do things for myself, and I know I need to boost my own spirits, and I felt like this was just the thing to do. So in the meantime, I'm going to be practicing to look good for May 3rd. Maybe I'll post some updates here every now and then. :3:

ROBOT B9

Post by ROBOT B9 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:00 pm

I hope everything goes great for you, ShieldedDiamond! :)

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:21 pm

Your avatar pretty much describes my mood whenever I consider presenting.

I had a meeting with the LGBT focal for the company this morning. Pretty much, they are going to follow my lead. The next step where they need to get involved is when my transition becomes visibly evident (whether or not I'm presenting female at work). Then, she will have a meeting with my manager and my local HR rep, and outfit them with a presentation that they'll then present to my entire team.

I know I'm going to need to be out to my team if I want to transition, but the thought of having everyone in a room discussing my transition is absolutely terrifying. I don't need to be there for it if I don't want to be (and I don't), but that prospect alone has me wanting to run back into the same closet I've been rationalizing my way into for over a decade.

Cthulhu Inc
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Cthulhu Inc (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:07 pm

Morning in Ponyville shimmers
Morning in Ponyville shiii-iii-ines
And I know for absolute certain
That everything will be certainly fiiine

:allright:
A spectre is haunting Europe — the spectre of communism.

ShieldedDiamond

Post by ShieldedDiamond » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:02 pm

Momar wrote:
Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:21 pm

I had a meeting with the LGBT focal for the company this morning. Pretty much, they are going to follow my lead. The next step where they need to get involved is when my transition becomes visibly evident (whether or not I'm presenting female at work). Then, she will have a meeting with my manager and my local HR rep, and outfit them with a presentation that they'll then present to my entire team.

I know I'm going to need to be out to my team if I want to transition, but the thought of having everyone in a room discussing my transition is absolutely terrifying. I don't need to be there for it if I don't want to be (and I don't), but that prospect alone has me wanting to run back into the same closet I've been rationalizing my way into for over a decade.
Yeah, I set my icon to what it is because (aside from finding it to be a good icon) it is how I personally feel myself, internally. About nearly everything. But I remembered how nervous I was to paint my nails, and how I didn't want to, but when I did, I loved it, and now I actually feel uncomfortable not having them painted. So I figured despite still being scared to do this, I figured it would be best for what my interests are after. I see it like getting a shot. You don't want to get the shot from the doctor, when he has the needle in his hand you want to go, and when it's done, everything finishes up quickly and you realize it wasn't so bad. So I'm experimenting a bit and pushing myself really hard, but that's what I feel is going to happen to me.

As for you, I'm 110% certain, as Cthulhu said, everything is going to be certainly fine. And regardless of what people say, why should anyone else prevent you from being who you are? No matter what happens, all of us here would still be for you. :hug:

Perpetual Motion
Enthusiasm makes everything an adventure.

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:19 pm

So, I've been doing some thinking lately, and with some encouragement from a person close to me, I've decided that I'd like to be female here on the forums for now. I want to discover exactly how I feel about myself and who I am, even if I'm just starting with tiny baby steps. If you want to call me by a female name, you can call me Erin. I don't know if this will stick or not, but there's no harm in experimenting, so this is definitely what I want to do.

Thanks for being here and being supportive, everyone. :3:

ShieldedDiamond

Post by ShieldedDiamond » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:27 pm

Congratulations Erin! :yay:

Mir
Apple Artisans

Post by Mir (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:35 pm

I went to the local LBGT center's monthly trans support group meeting on saturday for the same reason. I know I've gotta keep pushing my comfort levels because if I don't I know I'm never going to accomplish anything.
Good luck to both of you.

preview edit: Congrats PL! That's the right attitude. Whatever you ultimately decide, at least you'll know, right?

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:39 pm

Grats, PL :party: I hope you find what you're looking for!
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Logicgate

Post by Logicgate (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:09 pm

Momar wrote:
Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:21 pm

This is pretty much exactly how things went when I came out at work, only my LGBT focal was quite a bit less prepared. (They let me give the presentation a once-over and had to fix a few things). I know I'm not the first person to transition on the job where I work, but in the past they've been bad at capturing the knowledge and experience from that. We've been working on fixing that.
What worked for me is trying not to borrow trouble from tomorrow and only thinking about what the NEXT step is when I was actually at the point of needing to take it. Talking to your LGBT focal was a big frikkin' deal. Congratulations!

Logicgate

Post by Logicgate (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Gravenstein wrote:
Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:04 am
This is gonna probably get lost in all of Logicgate's rad as hell posts, but: I came out as bi to my sisters tonight and they were totally supportive :allears:
Well, now you're IN one of Logicgate's rad as hell posts.

That's awesome! I'm glad your sisters are being cool! That's as it should be

londonarbuckle

Post by londonarbuckle (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Awesomeness, Erin! Way to go, girl! :yay:

Logicgate

Post by Logicgate (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:32 pm

ShieldedDiamond wrote:
Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:02 pm
Yeah, I set my icon to what it is because (aside from finding it to be a good icon) it is how I personally feel myself, internally. About nearly everything. But I remembered how nervous I was to paint my nails, and how I didn't want to, but when I did, I loved it, and now I actually feel uncomfortable not having them painted. So I figured despite still being scared to do this, I figured it would be best for what my interests are after. I see it like getting a shot. You don't want to get the shot from the doctor, when he has the needle in his hand you want to go, and when it's done, everything finishes up quickly and you realize it wasn't so bad. So I'm experimenting a bit and pushing myself really hard, but that's what I feel is going to happen to me.

As for you, I'm 110% certain, as Cthulhu said, everything is going to be certainly fine. And regardless of what people say, why should anyone else prevent you from being who you are? No matter what happens, all of us here would still be for you. :hug:
This pretty well lines up with my experience :) The impossible becomes "what I did yesterday" really quickly

Logicgate

Post by Logicgate (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:37 pm

[quote="Perpetual post_id=54349 time=1394482740 user_id=77]So, I've been doing some thinking lately, and with some encouragement from a person close to me, I've decided that I'd like to be female here on the forums for now. I want to discover exactly how I feel about myself and who I am, even if I'm just starting with tiny baby steps. If you want to call me by a female name, you can call me Erin. I don't know if this will stick or not, but there's no harm in experimenting, so this is definitely what I want to do.

Thanks for being here and being supportive, everyone. :3:[/quote]
Congratulations, Erin! :yay: This is a good place to try it out and see how it feels.

londonarbuckle

Post by londonarbuckle (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Logicgate wrote:
Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:37 pm
Congratulations, Erin! :yay: This is a good place to try it out and see how it feels.
I can attest to this! You couldn't ask for a better first place to experiment with being addressed as a lady than this board. :3:

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:50 pm

The fact that it does the Gender: <whatever> is handy for me because I'd never, ever remember and I'd misgender the shit out of everyone. Like some sort of perfectly wrong computer, getting a 0% success rate.
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:54 pm

I got you beat, I still misgender people ever with the tags :gonkity:

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:02 pm

Aramek wrote:
Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:50 pm
The fact that it does the Gender: <whatever> is handy for me because I'd never, ever remember and I'd misgender the shit out of everyone. Like some sort of perfectly wrong computer, getting a 0% success rate.
To have a 0% success rate, wouldn't you need to misgender yourself? :squintyjack:

Also, congratulations, Erin. :allears:

Momo
THIS IS FINE.
Applejack's Aces

Post by Momo (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:03 pm

Hey, LG, are you out of surgery yet? If so you're super coherent. If not, when do you come out?

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:03 pm

Hey, PL, that's awesome :hishovel:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Luneshot

Post by Luneshot » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:51 pm

So much good news in this thread! Congrats, everybody. :allears:

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:55 pm

Momar wrote:
Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:03 pm
Hey, LG, are you out of surgery yet? If so you're super coherent. If not, when do you come out?
Surgery itself is about 6 hours and she'll be doped up until the next day at least. She stopped in IRC before going under. I think it should just be starting now, actually, not finishing.
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Logicgate

Post by Logicgate (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:57 pm

An hour from now, actually. I've showered, been shaved (an unexpectedly ticklish experience) and, unless it's another SURPRISE BLOOD PRESSURE INSPECTION the next time they come in here will probably be to take me to surgery.

This is it.

Time to stop dicking around.

Mordja

Post by Mordja » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:05 pm

Logicgate wrote:
Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:57 pm
:squintyjack:

Coyote

Post by Coyote » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:08 pm

So happy and excited for you Logicgate :awesomedash:
Congrats Erin, well yes this is a good place for that, no harm in experimenting and you learn more about yourself. :wink:

As for me, I went and asked and there is nothing like a GSA here (dind't ask extensively, lazyness and I'm scared of my own shadow) and just got a weird look by the guy attending there when I asked a bit more. Feeling uneasy I dropped it for today, as I said the place is a bit conservative but there has to be at least something right?.

Now for the good news, I don't know if I mentioned much of it but I went to an art course thing last year, I met some people added on facebook yadda yadda nothing big out of it. Jump to a few weeks back and someone I had on facebook makes a post with their tumblr address, I liked their art so I started following, we talked and now we follow each other.

Long story short we started to talk more because of certain reblogs of LGBT issues and what started a "big talk" was that we both are reading a manga called Hourou Musuko or Wandering son, it's about a trans boy and trans girl in school, and it deals with certain things regarding gender identity. He identifies as male so I made an awesome new friend and we are going to eat sushi sometime later and hopefully I'll be using nail polish because I've never used it outside the house and I feel like I have to use this chance and gadfhsjdj :flail:

I probably would've talked with him more about stuff like that before considering his tumblr but well you know the last time I talked with someone that was supposedly "supportive" it didn't turn out that well eh :sheepish:

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Logicgate wrote:
Booooooooooo. :facehoof:

I'm really happy for you Logicgate. :flutterunsmith:

Name: Tammy

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:07 pm

Logicgate wrote:
:golfclop:

Logicgate

Post by Logicgate (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:09 pm

15 minute warning!

ShieldedDiamond

Post by ShieldedDiamond » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Oh my goodness! Best of luck Logicgate, good wishes, and a whole bunch of positive things that I can't even begin to start with because I'm just full of :awesomedash: for you!

And I liked your pun. :-I

Call of Duty Ghosts
The Artist Formerly Known as Prince Pseudonym :v:

Post by Call of Duty Ghosts (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Logicgate wrote:
Best pun, 10/10, and I mean that sincerely. :clint:

Congrats. :3:
We're working on bringing your friends back. :spoiler:

Mir
Apple Artisans

Post by Mir (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:32 pm

But she can only make it once. :-P

Best wishes Logic! You go girl! :yay:

Cthulhu Inc
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Cthulhu Inc (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:59 pm

I hope you find joy :allears:

And never dick around again :glare:
A spectre is haunting Europe — the spectre of communism.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:01 pm

So many exciting things happening here. :awesomedash: Congratulations as big as the biggest thing you can imagine for Gravenstein, PL and Logicgate! :fluttercite: You got some great stuff in your life going on, and you got a lot of great people here who support you. I'm sincerely wishing you all the best and then some.
Image /// Image /// Image

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:23 am

Mir wrote:
Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:35 pm
I went to the local LBGT center's monthly trans support group meeting on saturday for the same reason. I know I've gotta keep pushing my comfort levels because if I don't I know I'm never going to accomplish anything.
Good luck to both of you.
I went to one tonight... it was kinda terrifying but I made it through.

Adir

Post by Adir (?) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:05 am

Logicgate wrote:
I'm a child who chuckled far too much at this. :-I

Congratulations, logicgate and I hope everything goes well.

ROBOT B9

Post by ROBOT B9 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:23 am

We're all rooting for you, Logicgate! :yay: