fall flavor appreciation thread

Come on in, come to the place where fun never ends. (Shenanigans!)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Bigdog
implied

Re: fall flavor appreciation thread

Post by Bigdog (?) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:56 am

I mean I don't know how your parents make that but just from the looks of things you could get pretty close to that by putting some shit in a crockpot, turning it on, and peacing out for a few hours. so it'd be a pretty good place to start learning to cook!

W.T. Fits
Storm, ride the storm
Never-ending
Skies darkened, torn
Heaven-rending
Ire, fury borne
Never-ending
Roar, hear my roar!
Faithful Students

Post by W.T. Fits (?) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:32 am

It's actually a recipe from a Better Homes & Gardens special publication that I picked up from work one day. So it was actually a first time for all of us on that particular recipe. And we all agreed that it turned out pretty damn good and that we'd have to make it again. (Next time we do it, my dad wants to try it with pork instead of beef.)

My parents do all the cooking, usually my dad, but at the time we made this, his hand was in a cast from surgery, so since I was the one who picked that particular recipe as one to try, I decided to actually help out in the preparation for it.

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:39 am

This month I buy 12 different pumpkin spice products from Trader Joe's and parcel them out so I have a different one every month until they come back
ImageImageImageImageImage

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:32 am

nice!
ImageImage Image Image

;) ❤️ :twasnothin: ❤️ :fancyhat:

Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Post by Smoke (?) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:05 am

Aline always makes pumpkin soup around this time of year as the stores have a decent supply, and it's pretty dang great. We're having a Halloween party at our house, and it'll be on the menu as well.

Also this tea house we go to when possible has a huge amount of different teas, and quite a few are suitable as fall flavors too.
Image I shall sing you the song of my people
ImageImageImage

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:19 am

I had half a 5 oz. cup of egg nog last night

It seemed appropriate because it’s below freezing and snowing up here already :-I

Pocket
everything's a little bit weird now

Post by Pocket (?) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:52 pm

Octavia wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:44 pm
Also, unlike the from concentrate garbage you got at IHOP while we were at Bronycon, it actually tastes like apples. :v:
If that's anything like the from-concentrate stuff at the store, it literally is just apple juice that's branded as cider because I guess we just have no regulations when it comes to that stuff. It says right on the label, "Ingredients: water, concentrated apple juice."

Also it says the concentrate was imported from Ukraine, what the hell?!? I knew we had some shady deals going on with them but this is just ridiculous. It's like if the Saudis started buying Texan oil.
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of...