General Chat - Chatting about things in general

Good posts, good friends. (General Offtopic)
Soft Snow

General Chat - Chatting about things in general

Post by Soft Snow (?) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:35 pm

This guy at work who had more seniority than me, he worked there for ten years, was just recently fired for poor attendance. It caught us all my surprise.
:starity:

I noticed he hadn't been around for a few weeks and someone mentioned they were taking over his spot for a few weeks and I thought he might have gone on vacation or something. But during the staff meeting they said he was fired. I went up in seniority and took over his responsibilities. Now I run the warehouse and loading docks.
:fluttershrug:

I'm in the top seven of seniority at work. So if I was a day of the week, I'd be Sunday.
:v:
If I had a bit for every time you made me feel worthless I'd be worth something by now.

Kronos
THE PEGASIS RISES AGAIN!
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Re: General Chat - Chatting about things in general

Post by Kronos (?) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:43 am

Hey, congrats on the promotion!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Soft Snow

Post by Soft Snow (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:39 pm

We are doing the whole secret Santa thing at work. We write our names down and put down three different gifts we would like that is under $20. The person I got asked for condoms, vodka and an ice scraper. Guess which one I'm going to give her?
If I had a bit for every time you made me feel worthless I'd be worth something by now.

Soft Snow

Post by Soft Snow (?) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:42 pm

First New Years that I don't have anyone to share it with. How depressing.
:fluttersmith:

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:18 am

Hasbro's Q1 results are pretty bad after Toys'R'Us shut down.
Hasbro -- which makes toys like My Little Pony and Transformers and games like Monopoly -- lost $112.5 million, or 90 cents per share in the first quarter. A year earlier the Pawtucket, Rhode Island, company made $68.6 million, or 54 cents per share. The current quarter had one week less than a year ago.

stonecutter

Post by stonecutter (?) » Mon May 14, 2018 11:53 pm

SlateSlabrock wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:18 am
Hasbro's Q1 results are pretty bad after Toys'R'Us shut down.
Wouldn't surprise me if other toymakers are hurting too. Hope that revival of KB Toys is enough to help.

This looks like the final week of work for my older brother at the local T'R'U. Thankfully he has a replacement job lined up already, and managed to get a LEGO Saturn V before the store shut down. :crack:

Geomancing
Patreon supporter

Post by Geomancing (?) » Mon May 21, 2018 7:25 pm

I'm thinking that I should have started clearing brush and briars from the yard sometime before the grass started jumping out of the ground. Now all the vines and thorns are all tangled in with tall grass and it's like this impenetrable mass of vegetation that rejects all attempts to cut through it.