Star Wars: They called the ninth Star Wars "Episode 8"

Good posts, good friends. (General Offtopic)
drunkill
me @ ur posting
Patreon supporter

Star Wars: They called the ninth Star Wars "Episode 8"

Post by drunkill (?) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:20 am

The Last Jedi is out in a month and a half, Rebels season 4 (the final season) is currently ongoing with two episodes airing a week.

Post porgs

Adiwan
Patreon supporter

Re: Star Wars: They called the ninth Star Wars "Episode 8"

Post by Adiwan (?) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:53 am

The Star Wars brand is very strong these days.
Movies are announced, rumored, and released left and right. Multiple animated series (Rebels, and the LEGO thingie), books, and more books, and comics en masse. Most of them are decent and only few bordering the mediocre territory.
You can drown in all the Star Wars media and news.

Rebels Season 4 started very slowly but it builds up steadily, what I appreciate in hindsight.

In the comics department I really liked the Captain Phasma comic's beginning, that should have been in The Force Awakens.

Book-wise I have not really a clue what's going on there but there are a lot of pages to plow through.

I'm hesitant to judge The Last Jedi and making myself too hyped up. The Force Awakens was sort-of a disappointment because there were way too many unexplained plot points that dragged my enjoyment down (see Phasma). I hope The Last Jedi fixes everything that wasn't already addressed in the books or comics.
Also I hope that the Porgs play just a background part in the movie. I don't think that they are cute. Their popularity, unknown to me why, gets a bit annoying. Their scream in the trailer remind me too much of the Minions...
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Weird Autumn
Party with the kids who wanna party with you
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:24 am

We've got a big ol star wars standee right in the front of the lobby and boy let me tell you i sure am excited for STAR THE LAST JEDI WARS

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:34 pm

drunkill wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:20 am
Post porgs

drunkill
me @ ur posting
Patreon supporter

Post by drunkill (?) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:20 am

Rebels has been real good this season, they're burning through episodes quickly by airing two per week but the good thing is that it is essentially a 40 minute episode this way. Having a proper arcing storyline for this season is great for the show, sadly it didn't have this structure back during season 1.

Dave Filoni really likes wolves.

drunkill
me @ ur posting
Patreon supporter

Post by drunkill (?) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Also you've probably heard but Episode 8 director Rian Johnson has been made director of a new trilogy of starwars movies which will be spin-offs/unconnected to the 'skywalker' storyline.

Old republic pls.

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:26 pm

I'd like to see the adventures of a young Han Solo. If not Han himself, at least something where the story has nothing to do with the big goings on of the galaxy and it's just their crazy personal struggle through the underground of the galaxy.

I'd like to see star wars wacky rogue things.
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:32 pm

I mean something like Red Dwarf or Cowboy Bebop where it's more about a small crew and their misadventures than it is about the epic goings on. I just think using Han Solo would be the way to sell it.
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Finally, the Ewoks trilogy we've all been waiting for.

Now with Porgs!

Mechanical Ape
Not slim, definitely shady

Post by Mechanical Ape (?) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:53 pm

Rebels is so fucking amazing this season.

When Hera said "Lock S-foils in attack position" I was like :-D

drunkill
me @ ur posting
Patreon supporter

Post by drunkill (?) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:39 pm

Pulled a pugachev's cobra with s-soils retracted against a tie defender as well! :crack:

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 am

drunkill
me @ ur posting
Patreon supporter

Post by drunkill (?) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:55 am

Just saw it, it was fun but left me feeling weird. I thought TFA was weird when I exited the cinema and I had a lot to nitpick about... this movie has way more things to nitpick. I think there were too many jokes (or attempted jokes) crammed in there.

I won't talk about spoilers here but... it is not your regular star wars.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 am

I guess this is where we talk about Star Wars? 'Cause I saw Star Wars, and I need to talk about it.

(By the way, the crowd loved it at my showing. I was sitting in front of a couple of fangirls who were the only ones who dressed up and bemoaned the lack of fans in the audience. Lots of applause, lots of laughter. Several moments of people saying, "Oh no no no no, don't do it!" out loud.)

I don't really know how I feel about it, honestly. The actiony bits are fine, and it goes different places than "same old Star Wars," which was the trouble with The Force Awakens, but I haven't really wrapped my head around the plot yet.

First, our main characters: Rey and Poe Dameron. In TFA, Finn was our second main character, and I quite liked his growth from coward to hero. In this movie, Poe is our second, learning a lesson about pride and doing whatever it takes to win, even if it's not glorious. It's an okay lesson, but I feel some of the blame still lay with General Purple Hair, who apparently refused to explain her secret plans to anyone, prompting her underlings to lose faith. Sort of motivational, sort of weird. I guess the overarching theme of this film is that Good and Hope inspire everyone to rise up against Evil. The Rebellion is most powerful as a symbol. I'm not sure that completely squares with Poe's lesson, but close enough.

Rey's training was all right, especially giving Luke plenty of time to shine as a dude who's still learning and making mistakes.
But even in the first film, I felt she slipped too easily into her role. "Guess I'm a Jedi now, time to do mind tricks and stuff." And that continues here, since she and Kylo Ren are apparently just that badass, but I wish they would focus more on why she's doing this, and why she believes so strongly in being a Jedi. Kylo Ren says it's because she needs to have come from somewhere,
and for her parents to have been important heroes to justify her own success. If that's the angle they go with, she reminds me of Officer K from Bladerunner 2049, chasing his own heroic story.

Kylo Ren was pretty good again in this film. His conflict continues to be some of the most understandable emotion. I wish they had dug a little more into why he and Rey feel so strongly about the sides they take, but I like his growth. Apologies to Finn and Rose, as they provide half the interesting scenery in the film but are completely useless. Hooray for the incoming two solid years of shipping charts. Oh, and nice having the roguish smuggler with the heart of gold turn out not to be such a hero after all.

Snoke... I guess I find myself questioning how the First Order manages to totally dominate the galaxy when they're run by an old Gollum in a bathrobe. The Emperor was weird, but he was spooky. This guy was just a clown. I guess the real evil in the galaxy is arms dealers?

Making the entire conflict one very, very slow chase scene was an interesting decision. I don't know if I would have done the same because things get awkward when everybody's slipping in and out of the scene with cloaking devices so we can go see some planets or escape certain doom yet again. I would've used a different framing so they could (a) go somewhere else interesting and (b)
tie the tracking of the ships more tightly to a traitor, or Finn, or Rey's homing beacon, or anything other than that flux capacitor they wound up doing nothing with.

Speaking of going somewhere interesting, the island was the best part. Goofy alien creatures, humor, seriousness, painting the broad strokes of an ancient history that you don't have to completely elaborate on... and a special cameo to hilarious effect. But I don't know what to make of the Dark Side pit. I presume it mirrors Luke fighting himself in the cave? Or was that more manipulation from Snoke?

I hope they blow up the Millennium Falcon in the next movie just so they're not tempted to keep hamming it up with the, "Boy those baddies sure hate this ship!"

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:38 am

Just got back from it.

That was something special.
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:05 am

Just got back from the midnight showing.

When Luke said "no one is ever really gone" to Leia, knowing that Carrie Fisher is no longer with us, that hit me right in the feels. I have no idea how they can conclude the story adequately without her. :cry:

Regarding Rose, I liked her line of "we will win by saving those we love, not destroying those we hate." Hearing it made me instantly realize the poetic nature of her and her sister's relationship. They each had one half of a yin and yang pendant and their acts of heroism followed the yin/yang of her statement. Rose's sister died while destroying something she hated, an imperial ship. Rose survived while saving something she loved, Finn.

One subtle thing I noticed, before the reveal that Luke wasn't really on the mining planet, I saw that he wasn't making footprints on the salted ground like everyone else. Also, we saw his blue light saber break earlier, so he couldn't have been using it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:58 pm

Overall I really enjoyed this movie.

I loved every scene with Rey and Kylo. This movie really worked out well with character dialogue.

:lol: After 2 solid years of fan speculation and fan theories, I almost busted out laughing in the theater when the big reveal of Rey's parents were that she's nobody. And I like that she's nobody and not tied to old characters. She's her own character, and I like her.

Nice twist with Kylo and Snoke. Everyone thought Rey would be going dark, and credit to their marketing team for steering the speculation that way and then pulling the rug out from under us. I do wish we had learned more about Snoke though.

Luke was great, and I got teary eyed at the Yoda scene.

Once again, I liked all the new characters. Rose was a lot of fun.

Few things I didn't care for.

Really is the only major plot contrivance of the movie, and it doesn't ruin the movie for me, just bugs me...

Holdo not telling Poe the plan. Demoted or not he's their top pilot and would need to be kept in the loop on tactical stuff. Telling him what was going on would have allowed the cloaked transports to get away safely because Finn and Rose never would have went on their mission.

Other thing I didn't care for was killing Luke. I don't feel it's needed to kill everyone from the old films, and that seems the direction they're going, except for the droids. I think Luke should have stayed as the wise mentor, and many, many movies down the road, give him the Yoda death. Yes, I'm sure he'll be showing up as a force ghost, but it just felt like a waste. I loved his characterization in this film, and I wanted more. I was also let down he didn't have the green lightsaber at the end.

:ponder: One post production choice I hope we eventually learn about...

Why didn't they kill off Leia in this movie? They had a year since Carrie passed away and there were two points in this movie where they could have pretty easily changed things. Either have her die in the explosion at the start, or have her take Holdo's place on the capital ship at the end and keep Laura Dern around for future films. They've said they won't recast her, or CGI her. And I can't imagine she just dies offscreen.

Side note: He was barely in the Harry Potter films, but I can't look at Hux without hearing the sorting hat say "another Weasley..."

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:27 pm

The Doctor wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:58 pm
I loved every scene with Rey and Kylo. This movie really worked out well with character dialogue.
My only beef with this is since they were pretty much always in separate places when they interacted, the two actors never got to play off each other. They're both fantastic actors and I really think the scenes could've been even more emotional with them in the same room. I think they could've done this by just having a sort of purgatory-style blank room with just the two of them when they were communicating, so they're not actually in the same place in the film, but they are on the set.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:34 pm

The Doctor wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:58 pm
Why didn't they kill off Leia in this movie? They had a year since Carrie passed away and there were two points in this movie where they could have pretty easily changed things. Either have her die in the explosion at the start, or have her take Holdo's place on the capital ship at the end and keep Laura Dern around for future films.
I don't think they could do the latter because otherwise, Holdo was completely unlikeable. She atoned for the chaos she caused among the crew through self-sacrifice.

Random thought: Plenty of people have pointed out that the original Star Wars leaned heavily on old WWII movies -- in the way the action was framed, the engine sounds of the X-wings, and so on. I wonder if it was intentional that the pacing of this movie feels much more like a tense WWII submarine movie like Run Silent, Run Deep.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:36 pm

God bless you, Peter Rosenthal.

Jenny's spoiler video

stuff
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by stuff (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Give it a solid B-. The good parts were really fantastic, but the weak (& unnecessary) scenes were notably painful. I guess that cancels out?

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:36 pm

I definitely liked The Force Awakens better than The Last Jedi. Still, I very much enjoyed TLJ more than any of the prequels.

Rogue One isn't part of the main movie line, but I think that might be the best Star Wars film ever made.

The Doctor
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:52 pm

I liked the story Rogue One told, but my big issue with it was that I didn't have any real interest in any of the character (other than the smartass Robot). For a single movie that kills everyone at the end, the cast was way too large and none of them really got a chance to shine. Cut the cast down to Jyn, Cassian and K-2SO and flesh them out more, and I think the movie would have been a lot better.

Oh, and axe that stupid scene with Vader on Planet Mordor.

Rainbow Crash
Rainbow Racers

Post by Rainbow Crash (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:03 pm

I loved everything with Luke, Rey, and Kylo.

Wish they would have cut everything with Finn, Rose, and Poe. What a pointless waste of time.
:fancyhat:

drunkill
me @ ur posting
Patreon supporter

Post by drunkill (?) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:49 am

SlateSlabrock wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:34 pm
I don't think they could do the latter because otherwise, Holdo was completely unlikeable. She atoned for the chaos she caused among the crew through self-sacrifice.

Random thought: Plenty of people have pointed out that the original Star Wars leaned heavily on old WWII movies -- in the way the action was framed, the engine sounds of the X-wings, and so on. I wonder if it was intentional that the pacing of this movie feels much more like a tense WWII submarine movie like Run Silent, Run Deep.
Star Wars is WW2 in space.

The new bombers were like WW2 bombers with the bomb bay doors and racks and racks of bombs to drop... down... in space... heh.
Rainbow Crash wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:03 pm
I loved everything with Luke, Rey, and Kylo.

Wish they would have cut everything with Finn, Rose, and Poe. What a pointless waste of time.
Poe should have died in TFA, JJ decided to keep him alive and well, he doens't do much this movie apart from the start (which was pretty bad overall IMO) because he wasn't supposed to exist.

PhoolCat
EE
HECKING
YUP

Post by PhoolCat (?) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:17 am

Image Image Image Image

The Doctor
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:16 pm

sharkmafia

actual star wars the last jedi thread (SPOILERS!!)

Post by sharkmafia (?) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:05 am

I'm going to talk about it. No one can stop me. SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY

So I would describe this movie as highly variable in quality.

THE GOOD: Mark Hamill's performance as cranky old man luke skywalker, (most of) the last scene, snoke until he died, and some good-ass jokes

THE BAD: That cringey scene where leia zoops back onto the ship, the entire one-hour-plus incredibly slow spaceship chase, finn's stupid boring subplot with whatshername and the casino planet, the penguin tribbles or whatever

I feel like they didn't know what to do with Finn in this movie, so they gave him a love interest and a side mission wherein they could have avoided any problems whatsoever if they hadn't illegally parked their shuttle (seriously) (seriously) (SERIOUSLY, THEY GET THROWN IN JAIL AND PURSUED BY POLICE SPACE HELICOPTERS BECAUSE THEY PARKED THEIR SHUTTLE ON A PUBLIC BEACH). Also god damn, give the spaceships something to do other than chase each other slowly across an empty starfield. You remember that episode of battlestar galactica, 33? It did the 'they keep tracking us through jumps' thing, only it did it well instead of making it boring

The movie's biggest saving grace is cranky luke skywalker and every scene he's in because god damn old ass tired-of-being-luke mark hamill was born to play the character as similarly old and jaded

Anyway i rate this (better than force awakens, worse than rogue one)/10. Also it doesn't hold a candle to any original trilogy film obviously, other than MAYBE jedi, but probably not

Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Re: actual star wars the last jedi thread

Post by Smoke (?) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:57 am

Saw it friday with a few coworkers, as we're massive Star Wars nerds.

Overall it's a good movie, Space Leia was a bit on the weird side though. The casino side-plot had me hoping for the Lando that never arrived(and I know I'm not alone in this) and it felt way too much like filler. It was entertaining for a bit of world-building though.

It did feel a bit draggy at the start after that bombing run, but then it picked up speed again for a pretty great finale on not-Hoth, new and old vehicles were neat as well(glad they brought back the A-Wings)

Also, cranky asshole Luke Skywalker is something the world needed, as well as Yoda showing he's still an ass too.

As for the ending scene with the boy and his broom, we immediately made some Harry Potter jokes("Yer a Jedi, Harry!")
Image I shall sing you the song of my people
ImageImageImage

The Ghost of Ember
don't you feel so scared sometimes?

Post by The Ghost of Ember (?) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:33 pm

So I watched this movie.

Its uh, its a well scripted movie with a lot of good performances.

But fire whoever edited it.

Edit: I do have one gripe with the script (other than Rose being there to protect our white women's precious bodily essence from John fucking Boyega, prince of princes) and that it is really bad at tying the disparate components of the story together. If The Force Awakens is A New Hope then The Last Jedi tries to be Empire with its story structure inverted. The problem is Empire tied Luke and Han's Journey together impeccably. All of Luke's spiritual threats were externalized as physical threats to Han. Luke has a crashed ship, Han has a broken hypedrive. Luke needs to find an old friend of Ben's, Han needs to find an old friend of his. Luke has to go through a harrowing spiritual journey through a cave that wants to devour his spirit, Han is literally devoured in a cave that turns out to be a space worm. Luke confronts spiritual Vader and fails, Han confronts literal Vader and fails. Its like poetry, it rhymes.

Here there was no connection between the character's various journey's beyond a vague crisis of hope, which is a theme not a narrative structure. There's no resonance. These stories are separate vignettes. They're not bad, I enjoyed all of them, but they're also just duck-taped together. Maybe in the script there was more interconnectedness, but here it was just whirlwind of about three different films that really needed to have at least one of said films gutted.

Sad Mara Jade definitely dead though. I mean, more dead than she already was. Which was pretty dead. Because the original EU was run by hacks.

I mean she would've been dead in the nu canon too by this point but come on she was really cool and I was hoping she would be at least in the supplementary material.
RIP Syndrome wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:56 pm
this universe is cursed

Adiwan
Patreon supporter

Post by Adiwan (?) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Watched the movie too.
My verdict: mostly harmless. Not the best. Not the worst. I think it was a tad better than The Force Awakens, however I already adjusted my expectations before watching it.
The movie has flaws, some bigger, and some lesser ones. I can fully understand why a few of my friends were disastrously disappointed by the film.
As for I... I was entertained.
The beginning, though was a blast.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:23 pm

I'm sure I'll watch Red Letter Media very reasonably criticize the film and come around at some point, but I was just stoked af all throughout and was generally played like a fiddle by Rian Johnson without being condescended to, which is just how I like my movies to treat me.
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Captain Rufus
Faithful Students

Post by Captain Rufus (?) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:36 pm

I liked it but didn't love it. C+ to a B- if I had to grade it. Generally good but... TOO LONG BLOODY HELL. I shouldn't need to be in the theater for 3 1/2 hours to both have a decent seat and see the movie. That was too long and had like 3 different points it probably could have ended at. Also it was 8.50 for a matinee and like 13 bux more just for some pretzel bites and a soda. No wonder I maybe go to the movies once every 5 months or so. (Last time was IT, and before that Guardians of the Galaxy 2. So I think I've seen 3 movies in a theater in 2017.). Also how the hell do people have time to go to the same movie twice in the same week? Is it meth? It's meth.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Re: actual star wars the last jedi thread (SPOILERS!!)

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:58 pm

sharkmafia wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:05 am
You remember that episode of battlestar galactica, 33?
Oh that reminds me, we got some classic Battlestar Galactica when the hangar blew up.

RedTerra

Post by RedTerra (?) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:25 pm

While it was entertaining with some really impressive and fun action scenes, a lot of great quippy dialogue, and the humor usually hit with me, I honestly was left baffled, confused, and overall hollow after seeing the film.

I dunno, it's really weird. Like on the surface it really nailed it from an entertaining action fantasy aspect. But content wise, specifically the story and character arcs/developments, I really wasn't that satisfied. It felt like a lot of plot lines and character arcs just ended abruptly or in different ways. And I think a lot of critics defend that as being 'subversive! Risque!' for making those decisions. And I don't have anything against misleading audiences and offering surprises but I never felt like any of those revelations and conclusions ever paid off for me. And it wasn't like I had a set fan theory on how this thing should be resolved. I was glad some of the reveals turned out to be out of left field. Yet it never felt like it had an Oomph or impact to them.
Like Rey's parents. I'm totally fine with Rey Nobody coming from some nobodies. Yet the way it's handled in the film was like:

"You're from a family of nobodies, Rey."
"Yeah... :-( Oh well, let's keep fighting :pinkieshrug: "

And it doesn't get brought up later or that she doesn't seem that all bothered or affected by this revelation
I liked that they tried to deal with populism and class warfare yet it did seem a bit disingenuous to claim that the only evil rich folks are the ones making arms. Yknow, unlike those non-arms wealthy elite who dont step on the poor and workers. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if Rian Johnson did want to be more direct and say it's space capitalism that's behind the galaxy's problems but Disney weren't exactly keen on waking up the masses...

Speaking of that subplot, yeah, that didn't go anywhere (and I would have forgiven them if they went further with the class warfare theme)

In any case, I had a lot of fun with the film. Great saber fights, awesome space battles, fun character chemistry, Luke was pretty enjoyable though I can see why he might have been upset with the script, and it just was entertaining. But the story and character arcs really felt unsatisfying and makes me worried about what to be psyched for in Ep 9. Nevertheless in spite of my disappointment overall, it kept me guessing and curious on how the hell JJ Abrams and others are gonna salvage and add to the Star Wars lore now that Rian basically took a sledgehammer and brought down the whole establishment down.

RedTerra

Post by RedTerra (?) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:22 am

omfg...

CULT.LEA.DER :flail:

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:36 pm

If Diversity is such a failure then how come Peecha chaka no wookie boonowa twepi, solo?

OHOHOHOHO
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:30 am

I generally agree with RLM's reading of the plot/pacing/characters/future, although I thought the comedy was mostly fine, Poe jokes at the beginning aside.

Adiwan
Patreon supporter

Post by Adiwan (?) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:59 am

I liked the beginning of the movie including Poe Dameron's jokes at Hux's expense. I read the Poe Dameron comic and I think that this was not far out of character.

!saak
🎜 joie de vivre 🎜
Semper Pie

Post by !saak (?) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:48 am

Okay so

when Yoda showed up, and he was a *puppet* I just completely lost it for that entire scene and I cried. That was so beautiful that they did that.

I'm gonna see it again, but I think I loved it.

It's a really dense film that seems like it'll retread the same ground, but instead upends it and adds to the established lore.
Like it'll hit the same beats, but given the wider context in which these are placed and the characters that go through em, it ends up feeling fresh and different.

There's some minor things I could mention but the overall package is something I really enjoyed.