Forumswide Secret Celestia 2018: The Hearthswarmening πŸ’ͺπŸŽ…

Good posts, good friends. (General Offtopic)
Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Re: Forumswide Secret Celestia 2018: The Hearthswarmening πŸ’ͺπŸŽ…

Post by Smoke (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Funfact: The stickers get randomly added with every order from there, so I had no influence on those. I actually have a whole bunch of stickers from there as my wife has ordered a few shirts for me as christmas presents over the past years, and back in the day there was the Clango Club which meant getting goodies (such as stickers) in the mail regularly. I even have an "I am ten ninjas" totebag kicking around somewhere.

Also there should be another package on its way.
Image I shall sing you the song of my people
ImageImageImage

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:35 pm

Madeline wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:17 am
This is the best holiday I’ve had in a long long time and it means a lot to me, especially after the past year.
You guys rule. This community rules. Thank you.
You deserve to be happy and hopefully this can be a reminder anytime you’re feeling down that there are plenty of people who wish that for you. I didn’t think to list everyone that contributed until after I sent the packages because my family’s tradition is one of chaos and confusion it didn’t occur to me that maybe other people put who presents are from. The only reason my postcard was in there was because I forgot to send it to Mr. Factory :v: . I certainly didn’t mean to exclude anyone and everyone that contributed should personally take credit unless they want to be a mystery person in which case I don’t want to spoil it for them? I’m more confused about it now that I’ve wrote it down and I don’t know what to do.

Anyway, in another mysterious parcel were gift-wrapped packages addressed to yours truly.
A cryptic communique accompanied them, β€œA Gift For You.” Why were these words capitalized in such a manner? What could it possibly mean? Unfortunately, I never learned to read.

The communique transformed and expanded to nearly twice its original length and inside was yet another message.
Delicious and fascinating? The Doctor? Doctor who?

An upside down warning label, turned right side up describes something truly strange. A coded cypher followed by an interesting proposition.

Candy, but also meat and snacks, all combined in some affront to god and nature. This will require further investigation later, as I’ve already filled up on entirely too much chocolate from earlier today.

The next gift was betrayed by its heft. I’ve felt this sort of object before, I fear it may be a book.
My suspicions are slowly becoming true.

Alas, it is the height of irony.
A book, which I earlier established I could not read, full of pictures of things that take pictures.

But what’s truly neat is the book contains some familiar faces.
Okay the last two aren’t exactly the same as the ones in the book but they’re close enough for long boring reasons I won’t get into.

Check out this nerd:

It seems this The Doctor knoweth me all too well and hath brought mirth and merriment to this holiday and for this I must commend them, so verily I sayeth unto thee, thank you so much! I love it and can’t wait to stuff my fat face with chocobacochip candy!
Thicc like molasses thx 4 askin
:sweetielarm: Image :sweetielarm:

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:47 pm

Really glad you like the book, and I hope the candy is tasty. :party:

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:23 pm

Update: the candy is weird but good but weird and crunchy and salty but good.

drunkill
me @ ur posting
Patreon supporter

Post by drunkill (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:59 pm

I got two packages before Christmas and I have finally opened them, I wasn't the thirst to post this year either!

Thanks to Mr. Big for the Christmas card and the fourth book in The Expanse series plus a grapphic novel. Very good indeed. I know shipping here can be expensive and tricky so don't worry it arrived safe and sound.

A good secret celestia!

The Doctor
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Dong Strongly wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:23 pm
Update: the candy is weird but good but weird and crunchy and salty but good.
Glad to hear. It's a Denver outfit that makes it, so you can truly say it's unique and local.

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:44 pm

Blarghalt wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:07 pm
Nope, must be another person on the forum that would be the only other person to know what Vigilo Confido even means. :liarjack:
You may have been fooled by the others but actually I am truly the third strongest Santa :yeahhh:

Mr. Big
γ„γ„γ‚“γ§γ™γ‚ˆ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:04 pm

drunkill wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:59 pm
Thanks to Mr. Big for the Christmas card and the fourth book in The Expanse series plus a grapphic novel. Very good indeed. I know shipping here can be expensive and tricky so don't worry it arrived safe and sound.
Happy they arrived alright! Enjoy the books :party:

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:32 am

Birb coffee is delicious :insomnia:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:29 pm

Happy Xmas pony family! :vogue:

This was a wonderful Xmas, and I spent way too much money! But, more importantly, I got some stuff in the post!

The first package was a Surprise!

Ooh, let's see what is in this!

It's from Davy! He visited and played with my dog a lot while on his cross country drive!

Pile of individually wrapped things!

Treats and a toy for Baron!

Some games for that free Wii I got!

A beautiful book of calligraphy!

And Dougworld Rarity!
Thanks Davy!

But, what's this?! A second package?!

I sense there's some ultra-bullshit dual layered wrapped presents covered complete with packing tape inside! Requiring my surgery skills to open without damaging the contents!

A wonderful card!

From a wonderfully big and tall and handsome Dong! We got to hang out a bit this summer as well!

Within I found several invincibly wrapped packages!

All of them had little warning instructions as to how fragile I needed to open them!

A 3D-printed Nurse Redheart stand with a little light in the base!

One example of how all of them were double wrapped and festooned with protective tape.

I have a especially good feeling about this one.

A beautiful French Cuffed shirt with topaz-esque cuff links!

Noice.

And the final, most invincible box?

Reflective acoustic foam!

In the little round containers, there were meticulously protected bottles!

MYSTERY BOTTLES! :flail:
Thanks Dong! Merry Christmas to you all! :awesomedash:
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Aw you didn’t show off the stealth af pony reference. It’s technically a :vogue: shirt.

Big Boss
A tourist trap that can surpass Mystery Shack?
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:10 pm

The Doctor wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:47 am
It's Christmas Time!
Celestia and Doctor Who stuff, can't get much better than that. :-D

I also felt super smug seeing that Doctor Who book. I've wanted to read it for a while now, since I heard the story behind it.

:gotcha: Yes, gather round for a paragraph of Doctor Who education. Douglas Adams wrote this story for Tom Baker's Doctor, but it was rejected. So he just repurposed a bunch of elements of it into the 3rd Hitchikers book, "Life, The Universe, And Everything"

My Santa was incredibly secretive. With a pin of Celestia made by Kefkafloyd, and a light display of Celestia made by Kefkafloyd, and instructions for the light display with Kefkafloyd's name on it, and a package that came from jolly old Massachusetts, I am totally baffled as to who my Santa is.

:iiam:

:spoiler: Thank's Kefka!
Since you knew my address already, there was no point in hiding it. :gotcha: Enjoy!

But now it is time for the big reveal.

One day I arrived home from work to find a mysterious Amazon box. As you know, I am a cardboard box enthusiast. Yet this one was too small to contain a human. It must be a resupply

I opened up the box to find two resupply packages. On the purple bag, the card read "You must take down this operative, kefkafloyd. He is a menace upon society. THey call him... WRECK-IT RALPH. The blue one read "This will be your ally in the field. He is one of the most brilliant minds of our times. Do not underestimate him."

I opened the bags to find...

The Wreck-It Ralph 2 art book and a Ducktective plush!

But what mission would be coming next?

I soon found a small package. I recognized it as a communique. It's been quite some time since I've gotten one of these. I opened it to reveal...

A letter and a thumb drive! I knew that resupply meant a new mission would be on its way. Time to read the briefing.

I knew what I had to do. One last mission, to settle an old score... I placed the tape into my walkman, called for Pequod, and got ready to take care of Metal Gift once and for all.

You outdid yourselves this year, Santas! Thanks a billion for the fantastic gifts. :-D

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:23 pm

So happy you liked it, Kefka!! :yay: :yay:

I have to admit, I really wanted to go all out when I got you as my santee. Was going to do a whole Metal Gear themed package of silly stuff and whatnot. Sadly my mental health went down the toilet something fierce and my mom needed (thankfully minor) surgery so my time and energy was eaten up by Christmas prep and brain blah. As a result, I called in some help to make at least something neat happen, and the help went far above and beyond the call of duty!

The credit deserves to be shared as follows:
Blarghalt made the incredible video footage of KEFKA GEAR SQUISHY. True story, I originally just asked him for a like 10-15 second little goof but being the virtuoso he is, Blargh turned it into a 4 minute epic beyond my wildest imaginations.
Aramek and Fontra provided their excellent voice acting.
Factory prepped the drive and sent the envelope with the very important communique because I couldn't get it done on time and international shipping is scary.

They all made the good stuff happen when I couldn't on my own and they deserve a lot of appreciation for it. Thank you so much, folks. Love truly blooms on the battlefield. :flutterunsmith:

Never stop believing in the magic of Christmas, dear Big Boss. :3:

Image /// Image /// Image

Blarghalt
Gaze into the Abyss, until the Abyss awkwardly comes up with a reason to leave.
Patreon platinum

Post by Blarghalt (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:53 pm

I think I'm particularly proud of the "helpful" codec call. :allears:

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:10 pm

Big Boss wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:10 pm

Click for Fullsize
My mom has this exact same gift bag that she's been reusing forever and every time I see it I expect there to be lingerie inside
Big Boss wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:10 pm

Click for Fullsize
Patriot Xporter - One of the finest USB2 drives ever. :clint: Keep that one handy

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:55 pm

Durandal wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:10 pm
My mom has this exact same gift bag that she's been reusing forever and every time I see it I expect there to be lingerie inside
Those are bags that Amazon uses as gift wrap now. They don't actually wrap gifts anymore.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:36 am

Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:35 pm
You deserve to be happy and hopefully this can be a reminder anytime you’re feeling down that there are plenty of people who wish that for you. I didn’t think to list everyone that contributed until after I sent the packages because my family’s tradition is one of chaos and confusion it didn’t occur to me that maybe other people put who presents are from. The only reason my postcard was in there was because I forgot to send it to Mr. Factory :v: . I certainly didn’t mean to exclude anyone and everyone that contributed should personally take credit unless they want to be a mystery person in which case I don’t want to spoil it for them? I’m more confused about it now that I’ve wrote it down and I don’t know what to do.
:hug: Thank you. And no worries, chaos and confusion made the whole thing very entertaining while I was going through the stuff. :-P Still not sure if the third strongest secret Santa is Blarg or Durandal.

Enjoying all the gift posts and Kefka Gear Squishy

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:18 am

Octavia wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:32 am

Birb coffee is delicious :insomnia:
Glad you're into that, and the candies. Everything is from Washington (except the shirt... that's just a cool visual, non-text apparel). Raven's Brew is a local roaster that does great stuff and the caramels are from the next town over from Olympia. I started by knowing to get that coffee and then I stuck with the bird theme.

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:19 am

OK, so Christmas at my place was delayed because we went to my parents' place for Christmas dinner. Given how stressful and anxiety-inducing being around my parents is, we decided to not open any gifts until after we got back, because rushing to do it the morning of Christmas before a two-hour drive would have sucked.

At any rate, my partner's wearing her Christmas pigeon leggings that I just bought, so it's time to open gift:

Click for Fullsize

OK, so I received a plain, unadorned US Postal Service envelope. There was no return address and the only USPS marking on it was a five-digit number that corresponded to a ZIP code in Arkansas. I don't know if that's a coincidence or if this envelope actually did originate from our nation's 48th-greatest state... but at any rate, I have no idea who this is from.

Click for Fullsize

Inside is THIS card... which is not the only card its kind to have appeared in this thread. The opposite side of this card was identical to the one which Sarah received.

Click for Fullsize

The card promises birds and the inside delivers. There's an retro-style art print of a fun-looking hobo crow. Unfortunately our friends at the postal service did a number on this one... it's bent up and warped in a few places, with the top left and lower right visibly creased. a neat print but it got thrashed :deflated:

Click for Fullsize

Also hiding out in there is a toucan! A toco toucan to be specific. She's tiny but pretty close to perfection. And she came with candy (which like the print is beat-up/worse for wear).

Click for Fullsize

Thanks, mystery gifter! Still no clues as to who this is from.

The package looks like it went through Brazilian customs but tiny toucan is unscathed. She is precious and living on the speakers next to our TV.

Big Boss
A tourist trap that can surpass Mystery Shack?
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:51 am

Perrydotto wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:23 pm
So happy you liked it, Kefka!! :yay: :yay:

I have to admit, I really wanted to go all out when I got you as my santee. Was going to do a whole Metal Gear themed package of silly stuff and whatnot. Sadly my mental health went down the toilet something fierce and my mom needed (thankfully minor) surgery so my time and energy was eaten up by Christmas prep and brain blah. As a result, I called in some help to make at least something neat happen, and the help went far above and beyond the call of duty!

The credit deserves to be shared as follows:
Blarghalt made the incredible video footage of KEFKA GEAR SQUISHY. True story, I originally just asked him for a like 10-15 second little goof but being the virtuoso he is, Blargh turned it into a 4 minute epic beyond my wildest imaginations.
Aramek and Fontra provided their excellent voice acting.
Factory prepped the drive and sent the envelope with the very important communique because I couldn't get it done on time and international shipping is scary.

They all made the good stuff happen when I couldn't on my own and they deserve a lot of appreciation for it. Thank you so much, folks. Love truly blooms on the battlefield. :flutterunsmith:

Never stop believing in the magic of Christmas, dear Big Boss. :3:
I really do appreciate the effort, it's one of the best presents I've gotten this year. You all did a great job. :pinkietoot:
How does Huey not know about NORAD tracking Santa? They've been doing it since 1955, it was in the news!

Perpetual Motion
Enthusiasm makes everything an adventure.

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:58 am

Huey would absolutely tell kids that Santa's not real if given the chance.

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:43 pm

By my count, we have three packages left in transit. Darn you, international shipping! :applejargh:
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:00 pm

That video owned, holy cow.

Nautilee
Meh
Celestia's Champions

Post by Nautilee (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:59 pm

That print arrived while I was on my lil trip. It's good.

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:03 pm

Four packages in transit. Now three. :v:
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:11 pm

Perpetual Motion wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:58 am
Huey would absolutely tell kids that Santa's not real if given the chance.
I would bet money on Huey telling Hal that Santa's not real.
Image /// Image /// Image

Nautilee
Meh
Celestia's Champions

Post by Nautilee (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:37 pm

Tbh this was... one of the best christmases I've ever had. Between the secret santas absolutely blowing me out of the water with all their gifts, and being effectively adopted by my GF's family and being properly gendered all week long by them...

Ok, I'm a bit teary eyed again. Very good teary eyed, happy tears.

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:02 pm

Oh gosh! :allears:

Aramek

"So you're saying..."

Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:27 pm

Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:32 pm
Aw you didn’t show off the stealth af pony reference. It’s technically a :vogue: shirt.
:rariwhat:

:starity:

Blarghalt
Gaze into the Abyss, until the Abyss awkwardly comes up with a reason to leave.
Patreon platinum

Post by Blarghalt (?) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:28 pm

I have received more! I missed a package yesterday and got it redelivered today.

So many soups, and the gift that keeps on giving: Minty.

Thanks, Smoke. And to everyone, you've made this an awesome Horsemas. :yay:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Nautilee wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:37 pm
Tbh this was... one of the best christmases I've ever had. Between the secret santas absolutely blowing me out of the water with all their gifts, and being effectively adopted by my GF's family and being properly gendered all week long by them...

Ok, I'm a bit teary eyed again. Very good teary eyed, happy tears.
:flutterunsmith: That’s so nice. I’m glad you had a good horsemas.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:27 pm

I like that one of those packets is named "Vegeta" and has that "it'sa gooda show" logo on it. :gotcha:

Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Post by Smoke (?) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:29 pm

Image I shall sing you the song of my people
ImageImageImage

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Two packages left in transit. On one, the carrier didn't provide tracking information. :twonk:

Willsun

Post by Willsun (?) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:07 pm

Where do I go to tell Durandal I got my Christmas card from him the absolute madman

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:43 pm

Well you see, I had the time, and the cards, and lots of addresses left over from previous christmases.... :flutterhat:

Aramek

"So you're saying..."

Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:03 pm

It was adorable.

The Doctor
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:14 pm

Factory Factory wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:10 pm
Two packages left in transit. On one, the carrier didn't provide tracking information. :twonk:
International ones? I had an international santee a few years ago, and if I remember right, it sat in customs for well over a month and arrived near February. :v:

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:36 pm

The Doctor wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:14 pm
International ones? I had an international santee a few years ago, and if I remember right, it sat in customs for well over a month and arrived near February. :v:
Indeed. One is travelling as close to literally the opposite side of the planet as possible. More on that when it's delivered.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:43 am

Update on my gifts: the screen protector went on like a charm and the usb cable has been super useful for charging controllers. The books are also great. I’ve been reading through bits of the photo book at random every night and it makes me want to learn how to take good photos myself.

also AI Ghandi is still an asshole who wants to nuke me. Peacekeeper my butt