Steven Universe: here we are in the Future

Good posts, good friends. (General Offtopic)
Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Re: Steven Universe: Camp Pining Gems

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:44 pm

Lars of the Stars
This was such a cute fun episode, Lars taking charge and stuff, then he had his emotional breakdown feeling jealous that Sadie, his love, moved on seemingly forgetting about him... Nice moment where he was shocked when he heard she quit the donut. I also absolutely LOVE that the ocg called Stevonnie they. And I liked how when Rhodonite was talking you can differentiate between the ruby and pearl. She was arguing with herself just like we sometimes see Garnet arguing between Ruby and Sapphire.

jungle Moon
Another great episode. Alot of time past since Stevonnie ran out of fruits in that area, and was growing stubble. And the dream... Holy smokes, Pink Diamond was so cute, I can see why the diamonds were so heart broken over her death. She was just a baby. She wanted to be like her big sisters and have her own planet.

Adiwan
Patreon supporter

Post by Adiwan (?) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:40 pm

Lars of the Stars almost made me like Lars... almost... until he started whining about Sadie living her life.
Other than that it was quite fun.
I liked that Stevoinnie killed to survive on that planet... or willing to kill.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:24 pm

It's kind of funny how in Lars head outwrite avoided saying that Lars had died, and in Lars of the Stars they were just so Cavalier there and saying that he had died

Soft Snow

Post by Soft Snow (?) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:06 pm

Episode 136 "Back to The Kindergarten"
Peridot is sad!
:saddershy:

Trains from hence forth will be known as clackity ships.
:3:

Now I'm curious as to way life doesn't grow back on that spot. It has been over 5,000 ears ago since that happened. Plants should have moved in by now.
:rariwhat:

Maybe this is a lesson to Steven about how he can't undo the damage he causes?
:fluttershrug:

After Thought: Period becomes the guardian of flowers and spread them across the entire world!
:-D

I'm catching up slowly.
:modesty:
If I had a bit for every time you made me feel worthless I'd be worth something by now.

Soft Snow

Post by Soft Snow (?) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:22 pm

Episode 137 "Sadie Killer"
How do you put powder sugar on the side for doughnut? I can't imagine it would be enough to even fill a portions cup.
:nnngh:

What other shifts is she covering for? Her and Lars got off at the same time and they closed shop after that.

Sadie song!
:whatsup:

These are some hard Halloween beats she is throwing down.
:dreamworks:

After Thought: Sadie quite a job she was being overwhelmed by, hope she gets a better one. Beach City doesn't seem like the kind of town with a wide range of employment options.
:flutterdear:
If I had a bit for every time you made me feel worthless I'd be worth something by now.

Soft Snow

Post by Soft Snow (?) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Episode 138 "Kevin Party"
According to Steven's area code, he lives in Maryland. Which isn't that big of a surprise even how close he is to KeyStone and Empire City.
:ponder:

Did Connie steal Lion? Why was that not mentioned before this episode? Why would Lion just stay with Lion this entire time? Is there a deeper meaning behind this like Lion can sense that Connie is Steven's other half and that he was in the wrong for hurting her and decided to stay with her or something? So many unanswered questions!
:qaugh:

I don't understand Connie's stroy of why she was ignoring Steven. She got all his texts but didn't want to seem like she was ignoring him so she ignored him. Then went over his house and seen he went on vacation and gave up all attempts to see him again until weeks later when she thought he was going to a party? I can understand if all this happened in like a week in some type of "I just missed you" situation. But like a month of no contact, c'mon.
:ohrarity:

You wanted to talk to him so bad that is why you didn't want to speak to him for a month, kay.
:-I

mod note: please do not use insulting fetish terms, not as a joke or otherwise. -Perry
:v:

The Ghost of Ember
don't you feel so scared sometimes?

Post by The Ghost of Ember (?) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:00 pm

Delmarva is a real place which you will be sent to at the first sign of defiance
RIP Syndrome wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:56 pm
this universe is cursed

Soft Snow

Post by Soft Snow (?) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 pm

Episode 139 "Lars of Stars"

Like time wise, it had to be a few months at least since they checked in on Lars after that whole Connie fake breakup misunderstanding happened. Lars's well-being is clearly not on the top of Steven's list of priorities. As it should be.

The Sun Incinerator was stolen from the heart of Homeworld!? =O
:shock:

Lars has unsurprisingly became even more productive after his death.
:smirk:

Take the phone from Lars then! This isn't hard, c'mon!
:roll:

It has been a few months, Sadie had plenty of time to grieve and move on. Also, Steven is kinda lying here because Sadie didn't quit her job because she missed him, she quit it because it was to much work and it was stressing her out.
:-/

This just turned into Star Fox. Do a barrel roll!
:amazing:

Oh good, now Steven and Connie can disappear for months and have no one concerned for their well-being either.
:-P

Afterthought: Emerald is competing for best Gem. Better look out, Peridot.
:brash:

Soft Snow

Post by Soft Snow (?) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:16 pm

Episode 140 "Jungle Moon"
Now that I think about it, where did Lars find car parts to make this ship at?

Is this going to turn into an entire episode of Stevonnie?!
:-D

Eating unfamiliar food and drinking unfiltered water from an alien world? I know you have to survive but I'm not sure if that will increase your chances or lower them further. But at least the air is breathable, am I right?
:sheepish:

Are either of them even old enough to grow facial air?
:starity:

She did the Yoshi jump!
:amazing:

So Pink Diamond was nothing more then a spoiled brat?
:nnngh:

How did vines get on that floating display? That is not how plants work!
:offendash:

And it just bloops away...

Afterthought: This show does some causal time skips without ever acknowledging it. It had to be at least a week given that she shaved and it grew back. Do you think anyone back home noticed she was gone? This isn't the first time the show skipped over weeks, months, maybe even years without any real consequences.

It would be like at the end of Gravity Falls if the summer ended before Dipper discovered the mystery of the journals and he just went back home, finished school, went to college, got a decent job and came back in his late twenties to finally solve that mystery and the show just followed him along for a season or two before he made his big return. I feel like that is the time line of Steven Universe. Literally nothing happened for months after they left zombie Lars on Homeworld.
:fluttershrug:

And now I'm all caught up.
:flutterdear:

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:35 am

Re: Stevonnie's age, I thin one of the show runners made mention that Stevonnie's age is the sum of both Steven and Connie's age...

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:51 am

Steven had one beard hair in his Birthday episode. The episode also revealed that Steven is 14 years old, but that he doesn't seem to be growing or ageing as quickly as a human would.

Connie was 12 and a half in that episode, giving them a combined age of 26.

Then there was the episode where Steven tried to celebrate the gems' birthday, where he uncontrollably grew older and older until he was a bearded old man near death.

There's a lot of pre existing reasons why Stevonnie could grow a beard.
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

Strangething
Eventually that's going to stop working, Twilight.

Post by Strangething (?) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:09 pm

I found a good fan comic about Pink Diamond. :yay:

Woo, the new forums inline from Tumblr now! :-D
The poster formerly known as Strangepony.
I do nothing but play Warframe and Overwatch now. :-I

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:13 pm

I had always assumed the diamonds were sisters instead of this very edgeways shipping.
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

Daikatuna

Post by Daikatuna (?) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:36 pm

I liked the latest episodes.

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:07 am

Trying to grow sunflowers in a dark canyon made of what looks like sandstone probably won't work. If they want something to grow there, try rock ferns.
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

Void Chicken
Stare Masters

Post by Void Chicken (?) » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:37 am

Theorycrafting time:

Pink Diamond gets the colony she always wanted. As part of her "I wanna" initiative, she orders that a new type of gem is created. A powerful fighter, tons of abilities, real big, very pink, curly hair like her. The Kindergarten is created and the first gem pops out. Pink Diamond's first thing that is "hers".

Pink takes Number One on a tour across her planet, showing off all the places that cool gem stuff is going to get built. They connect with each other and become friends. A lowly quartz and a friggin' diamond befriending each other? Scandalous. Let's not tell the plebs.

But this Rose Quartz gets a different impression of the planet. Rose asks her friend to cancel the colony, but if Pink does, she'd never hear the end of it from the other diamonds. Heck, they'd never give her another chance at a colony. No, this is her colony and she's going to make it awesome.

So shit goes down. At some point the other diamonds have to come in to try to clean up Pink's mess but Pink just had to have her damn super soldier, didn't she?

But despite everything, Pink and Rose are still friends. One day, Rose approaches Pink's entourage. They move to fight, but Pink orders them to stand down. Rose is her friend, after all. Pink steps outside, wondering what Rose has for her.

And she finds out.

PhoolCat
EE
HECKING
YUP

Post by PhoolCat (?) » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:38 am

Rose didn't shatter Pink, everyone just thinks she did. :twiright:
Image Image Image Image

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Pink expressed curiosity over the native life forms of Earth. I think her project was to try and integrate life with gems, hence the creation of a gem that can influence life and hybridise with life as Rose has done. Bearing in mind that Rose probably isn't the only Rose Quartz, as there was a buttload of what looked like Rose Quartzes bubbled in the zoo.

Thus Rose is introduced to life on Earth and is encouraged to see its strengths, so that she can make an army for Pink Diamond. It has already been mentioned that Rose made armies from Earth plants.

I'm not sure if the breaking point in their relationship was the part where Earth life is rounded up for an experiment in hybridisiation or whether it's the part where the plan is that Earth itself gets swallowed up for gem production. Once Rose realises either of those things, or both together, it's a good point to turn around and say "no dude this is messed up"
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

Strangething
Eventually that's going to stop working, Twilight.

Post by Strangething (?) » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:23 pm

The death of Pink Diamond.

From Caravel's "Ruby Agency" AU.
The poster formerly known as Strangepony.
I do nothing but play Warframe and Overwatch now. :-I

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:21 pm

Maybe Pink is a part of the cluster right now?

Thoughts?
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Another theory is that Pink Diamond's gem split, but that somehow one of the pieces was re cut and made into a smaller gem. The theory arises from the fact that the mural in the moon depicts a full sized pink diamond with a diamond shaped gem, where the pink diamond we see in Stevonnie's vision is small with a diamond that points up.

It doesn't add up in my head. If Pink Diamond is around now then why not have her appear at Rose Quartz' trial
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

Mir
Apple Artisans

Post by Mir (?) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:39 pm

Well there's some other stuff that's very strange. Even if we think we know how Rose created him, Lion is the main one, cause his wormholes are diamond shaped and it plays a warped version of the diamond theme when they travel through them. So what's the connection there?

I saw an interesting theory online. Almost certainly totally off, but...
What if Pink Diamond really is Rose Quartz?
One of Steven's latest powers let's him take over another person's body.
What if Pink Diamond used that power? What if she got attached to the earth and developed an attachment to the life there? What if she decided the other diamonds were wrong?
So she possessed one of her own soldiers and shattered her own gem.

I really don't think they'd go that direction, but it's still interesting...

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:21 am

There are some little details that fit that idea of Rose being Pink Diamond. I'd say it's the most popular fan theory going at the moment.

I'm in the middle of bingeing the whole show, and I'll need to watch the new stuff closely before crafting a theory.
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:32 pm

What if Mystery Girl becomes the new donut lady?

I doubt it, but what I do know is that she appears on promotional material for future episodes.
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:23 pm

I've re watched the entire show, and here's one detail I caught

Among other details, Centipeetle communicated to Steven that she was the captain of a drop ship and that she was later separated from her crew.

During the dream in which Stevonnie is looking through the eyes of Pink Diamond, Yellow Diamond's screen shows that she is talking to a Nephrite. Yellow threatens to shatter this Nephrite and her crew if she doesn't land the drop ship and get on with her job.

In the Bismuth two parter, Bismuth and Pearl laugh about how Pearl once pulled a Nephrite out of the cockpit of a drop ship in mid air.

Centi's story is a long thread of people being butts to her :fluttersmith:

Another thing I noticed is that Pink Diamond's stuff has these five petaled flowers drawn on all over it. It's all over her zoo, but it's also on her palanquin. It's certainly a strange emblem for an inorganic creature to flaunt. Also looks a lot like Rose's magic moss.
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:15 pm

Blue cloak cuddling baby pink.

At the very least it's a parralel for Blue's love of Pink, especially given Pink's size and character. However, I'm willing to clutch at straws and say that at some point we will look back at this frame as a parallel to an epic event in the future of the show. This will be much the same as how we look back upon Mr. Greg as a parallel to the grief of the diamonds.
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:28 am

OH BOY HERE WE GO
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

Mechanical Ape
Not slim, definitely shady

Post by Mechanical Ape (?) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Pink Diamond’s theme should be the Pink Panther theme, but on ukulele.

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:55 pm

I'm not sure what the first planet and moon are but the others seem familiar enough.
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:12 pm

They released a new promo today, but I'm warning you now that it shows some stuff we haven't seen yet and that's maybe spoilers?

We've gotten two or three seconds more of Pink Diamond footage out of this promo, so that's almost doubled her airtime.
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:50 pm

April 9th can't come soon enough!

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:54 pm

It sure can't. Fortunately it's coming out on the app on the 26th (Monday) I'm assuming I'll be able to watch this 100% legitimately at this time as a result.
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:23 pm

Was that bit with the diamonds raising their hands new? Suggests White isn't the fusion many thought.

Also, Steven's voice sounds deeper.

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:38 pm

I'm fairly certain that was new footage, although the event they're depicting is something we already know happened from Centi's pictures.

Seeing pink hold her hand to her mouth and start laughing makes me wonder if they're going to start borrowing from Utena again.

In fact that anime style is where they got the whole blacked out flashback look from isn't it :-I
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:50 pm

inb4 Pink Diamond turns into a cow
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:33 am

So it looks like we're getting a Steven bomb on week of 4/8, then weekly premieres, then a half hour special on may 7th.

http://www.geekgirlauthority.com/steven ... s-april-9/

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:12 am

I think it means one episode a week starting 4/8 and then a double episode finale on 5/7

So It'll be four episodes on the 26th of March and then waiting a long time for that finale.
πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ₯œπŸ 

Wayoshi
Paper Fluts
Stare Masters

Post by Wayoshi (?) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:09 pm

I'm not going to bother watching this promo then with most of the eps just 2 days away. :pinkieshrug:

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:48 am

So 2 of the EPs are up on YouTube, your mom and mine, and the big show... Letters to Lars and pool hopping are only partly up (first 3 minutes)

Thoughts under cut for first 2:
Your mom....
This was so interesting, learning so much more about Rose, and how homeworks gems don't know the full story... Garnet also treating the fusions of the off color... Went down pretty much how I predicted (I had a fic written, but it's stuck in storage so I could never post it) and padparacha predicted something that was actively useful, twice.

Big show:
Interesting episode, nor a big fan of EPs like this, but still it was sweet. Ghost was a catchy song, just a very different genre like Working Dead.... Not something to play on loop, but not bad. Nice that Greg is helping them, he's still rich so he doesn't charge them. Hope Sadie starts letting Barb into her music life!

stonecutter

Post by stonecutter (?) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:00 am

Sailor Yue wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:48 am
So 2 of the EPs are up on YouTube, your mom and mine, and the big show... Letters to Lars and pool hopping are only partly up (first 3 minutes)
They're all up on Dailymotion.

Been rewatching the first season because though I've watched them, I hadn't seen many of them from beginning to end (older brother has a really annoying habit of flipping through channels when trying to watch a show).