I'm writing a book! Give me money!

Come on in, come to the place where fun never ends. (Shenanigans!)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Weird Autumn
Party with the kids who wanna party with you
Faithful Students

I'm writing a book! Give me money!

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:53 pm

Hey guys I'm writing a book! It's called I Was Supposed to Slay the Dragon (but Instead I Moved In with Her and Joined a Punk Band) and the title is the premise! I think it's gonna be pretty good! You can read the preview and then go to the Patreon I just launched to give me money to write more of it !

I'm pretty excited about this, I've liked writing it a lot and the stuff I have planned out for the rest I'm really excited for! I think it's gonna be pretty rad! Also I need money to fund all these exclamation points!

"Shouldn't this be in the creation station" you say and to that I say "pbbbbbt" because it's pppp and that's how we roll

edit: i don't know why the forum doesn't know how to wrap those links properly what the heck forum

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Re: I'm writing a book! Give me money!

Post by Madeline (?) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:59 pm

phpBB is a butt about linking sometimes

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Gloomy Rube
I want you to be like a hamster please
Celestia's Champions

Post by Gloomy Rube (?) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Good job, I will not be purchasing as I do not like punk bands, but I support you
ImageImageImageImage

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Gloomy Rube wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:00 pm
Good job, I will not be purchasing as I do not like punk bands, but I support you
i'm sorry u don't like good music

Gloomy Rube
I want you to be like a hamster please
Celestia's Champions

Post by Gloomy Rube (?) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Thank you for your sympathy
ImageImageImageImage

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:22 am

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:01 pm

Not really related to the book, but I posted my first Patreon-exclusive bonus story!

Please give me money I'm so broke!!!

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:31 pm

I, uh...
:starity:
I don't really know what to do with this now.

I mean, I do know, obviously, it's pay my loans, but. Doing that is actually in reach now, and that means I might get to, like... actually do this.

I wanted to hope I might get that chance, but I always thought that was foolish. So. Now I have to figure out how to make it happen.

Let me get specific about the numbers: my major expenses right now, because my parents are still letting me live with them, are my student loans. I have one loan that comes in at $320 every month and one that's $120 every three months. As you can see, I'm now within striking distance of those numbers. Right now the last bit I need to make the $320 payment I can probably just about scare up with miscellaneous writing and commission work on the side, but that's far from the most reliable source of income and meeting the other payment regularly is going to be a bit of a problem. What I'd really love to do is to be able to reliably make those loan payments from Patreon income, so that any extra money I make can go into my pocket for things like trips out to the city for my HRT appointments and being able to buy something nice for myself every now and again. To reach that goal, after accounting for Patreon fees and charges etc., I need to get to about $400 (not factoring in the Patreon cut, which takes me down from $315 to the listed $284). I really want to make this happen, and I want to build my following so I have more money and more resources to put into my work, funding more ambitious projects, paying people for art, maybe even moving out someday, whatever I can do to take this chance and make a life for myself with my work.

So I would really really appreciate any support people can give me! Not just donating to the Patreon, but what's really valuable now is helping me spread my work, showing people my writing, telling them about the book, and pointing them towards my social media so I can get some eyeballs on the cool new stuff I have in the works! I'm just at the start of this road and all I want is to keep making stuff and get to put more and more of it out there.

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:37 pm

bumping thread because look at this very good ass art of the protagonists of my novel thank you

also i also just put up more chapters of the book on patreon hint hint