Welcome to Battlestar Galactica Equestria: The Board Game, a game of politics, betrayal, survival, and ! Take on the roles of the last survivors of ponykind, enduring the relentless Ponylon assault in their adorable wooden spaceships, or the villainous Ponylon infiltrators trying to destroy them from within!
This game will use the Pegasus expansion and Kobol Objective, with three humans Ponies, two Cylon Ponylon infiltrators, and possibly one Cylon Ponylon Leader with a random Sympathetic Agenda. If there are six players interested in playing, we'll use a Ponylon Leader (or the Sympathetic Cylon loyalty card); if we can only scare up 5, or you guys voice a preference for a 5-player game, then we won't use the Ponylon Leader. Simple enough.
The rules for Battlestar Galactica can be found below:
Rules for Battlestar Galactica
Rules for the Pegasus Expansion
FAQs and Errata
Some things have been tweaked to help facilitate online play:
- At the bottom of every GM post, there will be a helpful Action Queue that announces what we are waiting for to continue the game. This will usually be the current player's move/action, but could also include such things as a decision from the President/Admiral.
- If you are at the top of the Action Queue, you have 24 hours to post/PM to complete it. Once the 24 hours pass, the top of the action queue will be auto-resolved, usually as a "do nothing" action.
- Skill checks will have 24 hour time limit. After 24 hours, the check will be resolved.
- If you do not play cards for the skill check, I'll let the other players berate you. If I have to auto-resolve a choice for you, 1st and 2nd offenses get a warning, 3rd time you get replaced. It might seem a bit harsh, but this is needed to keep the game moving.
- There will be leniency with the 24 hour rule over weekends.
- All game actions should be bolded in Mafia style (eg: ##move to Communications or ##use "Executive Order" on Rainbow Dash).
- All face-down cards, including Quorum Cards and Skill Cards will be delivered to the players via PM/AIM. If your draw is straightforward (eg: Celestia) your cards will be auto-drawn for you at the beginning of your turn. Players with multi-skills (eg: Twilight Sparkle) or abilities allowing them to draw cards (eg: Ditzy Doo's OPG) need to post in the thread what type of card they are drawing (eg: ##draw 1 Politics 1 Engineering). Discards are to be posted openly in the thread.
- Skill Checks are handled slightly differently than in the regular rules. Players must announce the number of cards they are playing in the thread, then PM me the specific cards they are playing. This can be done in any order. Once everyone has PMed me, the check will be resolved.
- During Skill Checks, players may play cards in any order they choose. You do not have to start with the current player. You can even play cards that have to be played "before cards are played into the skill check", because in all likelihood you didn't know there even was a skill check before those other people played cards into it; in this case, the people who already played cards into it will have their actions undone, and choose what they want to play again.
- You may "pre-load" actions ahead of time; (eg: ##If my Viper is attacked, I'll use "Evasive Maneuvers".) This should be done via PM. Think about this, especially as many skill cards are very timing-specific!
- Players do not choose the order in which Cylon ships are activated, as in the normal rules. Instead, ships are activated starting in Sector Alpha and proceeding clockwise around Galactica.
- A few days after each Skill Check is completed, I will edit out the specific cards revealed in it and just leave the total result -- you wouldn't have a photographic memory for Skill Checks in an in-person game, and leaving a record of every check even after the cards are discarded and reshuffled makes hiding as a Cylon much harder.
In addition to the Secrecy Rules on p. 20 of the rulebook, these rules are specifically for online play:
- Players may not edit their posts.
- Players may not quote anything from PMs or IMs. This includes cards, messages from the mod, or messages from other players.
- DON'T EDIT YOUR POSTS
- The first violation from a player will result in a warning; the second will result in a MODKILL. So try not to break the rules!
Our Cast, special filly edition:
Mayor Mare -- Bremen
Gilda -- Glaed
Discord -- ToastGhost
Luna -- Xavier Genisi
The Cutie Mark Crusaders -- W. T. Fits
Rarity -- Quintillian
- Joined: Mar 22, 2011