S2 Spoilers Thread is Dead Like Spike

Where only the shiniest threads are preserved for all to see.
Femto

Re: Spike Dies: S2 Discussion - SEASON 2 PREMIERE DATE (MAYB

Post by Femto » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:30 am

Oh yeah, well I'm naming my kid Ulysses McRighteous, and he'll beat up all your jerk kids and get all their girls :rainbert:

But on a serious note: more epic-scale episodes like the pilot? I had always wished, but never dared hope. I just know that this is going to be so.AWESOME!! :awesomedash:

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:34 am

I looked up discord and while I knew what it meant, it turns out I've been spelling it wrong every time I use it. Even speaking it. "Disc hhhhord," I would say.

I'm not looking forward to the gap between the two parter. I've never been this invested in a TV show before, so I am looking forward to the emotional return. It's gonna be so magical, I just fucking know it :awesomedash: :awesomedash:
Thicc like molasses thx 4 askin
:sweetielarm: Image :sweetielarm:

mochabean
Semper Pie

Post by mochabean (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:37 am

Henry Plainview wrote: It would be interesting if they took this approach. That might be their only way out to explain Nightmare Moon without tainting Luna's character too much, although if I were a child I would be kind of disturbed by themes of possession.
I really hope they don't. If Luna was forced to become Nightmare Moon against her will, it cheapens the whole redemption theme they've got going with her, because it was never really her fault in the first place. In turn, it makes her a far less (potentially) interesting character.

I could see where some outside force preyed upon her loneliness and despair, and tempted her into giving in and becoming a dark force ("If you join with me, you'll have all the friends you could ever desire!") which then spirals out of her control, but ultimately it needs to be Luna who made the final choice.

EDIT: Well, this is interesting. Someone apparently leaked a big chunk of the Discord storyline to /co/ a while back. I'd link to the screencap, but it's got some huge spoilers in it.

It looks like Discord will be a much more competent villain then NMM ever was. :starity:

brightman

Post by brightman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:24 am

MochaBean wrote: EDIT: Well, this is interesting. Someone apparently leaked a big chunk of the Discord storyline to /co/ a while back. I'd link to the screencap, but it's got some huge spoilers in it.

It looks like Discord will be a much more competent villain then NMM ever was. :starity:
There's like zero chance we aren't all going to see these before the episode airs I bet. I might try to hold out and wait...but that's going to be hard, it's been so long since we've had new, official pony anything...

Rainbow Crash
Rainbow Racers

Post by Rainbow Crash (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:27 am

I'm a bit wary about the return of the adventure format. I hope they drop it after the first two episodes like they did in season 1 and focus on character stories.
:fancyhat:

numsOic

Post by numsOic » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:43 am

Rainbow Crash wrote:I'm a bit wary about the return of the adventure format. I hope they drop it after the first two episodes like they did in season 1 and focus on character stories.
I imagine that's going to be the case, especially with Faust's new arms-length involvement in the show.

Seriously though, a new two-parter adventure episode with a new villain and everything? It's gonna be hard keeping away from the leaked episode info that is already out there.

I can hear it already... calling to me... :gonkity:

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:44 am

The first two are supposed to be the two they made for the first season, right? I wonder how much time passes between the GGG and these episodes. It would be convenient if Discord threatens Canterlot while the mane 6 are still there. I'd hate for them to have to make two trips.
Thicc like molasses thx 4 askin
:sweetielarm: Image :sweetielarm:

brightman

Post by brightman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:50 am

I already broke...I suck at this :fluttersmith: . Also what little of the episode is leaked sounds pretty rad :yay: .

Some of this other stuff about the season in general that's supposedly leaked is separate parts rad and super lame if correct...so hopefully that other thing isn't accurate.

Whitenoise Poster

Post by Whitenoise Poster » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:21 am

I bet Disharmony is a sapient game of Mafia.

mochabean
Semper Pie

Post by mochabean (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:33 am

Whitenoise Poster wrote:I bet Disharmony is a sapient game of Mafia.
Season two opens by tunneling Chunky. :iamapony:

NLTM

Post by NLTM » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:45 am

It's been so long since new ponies.

We grasp at any and all information like rabid gerbils.

I feel like when Season 2 finally hits we'll all immediately have heart attacks and die.

Aurora

Post by Aurora » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:47 am

MochaBean wrote:
Season two opens by tunneling Chunky. :iamapony:
My reputation proceeds me. :smug:

numsOic

Post by numsOic » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:58 am

Dong Strongly wrote:The first two are supposed to be the two they made for the first season, right?
You think they had another two-parter planned for the first season? I very much doubt it. I'm thinking they're repeating the same structure as in season 1 because they think it's cool to do and the postponed episodes will come out later.

Ashenai

Post by Ashenai » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:29 am

brightman wrote:Some of this other stuff about the season in general that's supposedly leaked is separate parts rad and super lame if correct...so hopefully that other thing isn't accurate.
Hey, let's not go down this road please. If you wanna spoil yourself that's cool, but I'm not going to, and that means I also don't want any coy hints about the first two episodes, even stuff like "oh it's gonna be cool but also there's a super lame aspect to it." Or maybe make this thread officially spoilery and then you guys can speculate freely based on the spoilers posted and I'll know to avoid the thread for the next month :)

reidransom

Post by reidransom » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:16 am

I didn't even know there was some spoilery info leaked, so I went looking for it, and found it, but I didn't read it. Better to wait, just gotta stay strong.

Blarghalt
Gaze into the Abyss, until the Abyss awkwardly comes up with a reason to leave.
Patreon platinum

Post by Blarghalt (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:19 am

Speculation and stuff is fine, but if you've read the leaks, keep your opinions about it to yourself until the episode actually airs.

I want my magical pony experience to be as fresh as possible. :D

Whitenoise Poster

Post by Whitenoise Poster » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:33 am

I'm going to spread spoilers through out all my posts in a secret and complicate code that you people will only understand subconsciously. You won't even know it's been ruined for you until you finish watching the episode and feel this profound emptiness inside you.

Redeye

Post by Redeye (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:07 am

ATTENTION; ATTENTION; THIS IS A MODERATION ANNOUNCEMENT

Yes, it's time to bust out the spoiler rules again! During the course of a season, anyone spoiling anything between the episode airing and the online upload faced a ban! Well, the same is true now!

ANYONE WHO SPOILS ANY KIND OF CONTENT ANYHOW RELATING TO THE UPCOMING SEASON, TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T SPECIFICALLY ASK TO BE SPOILED, CAN EXPECT AT THE VERY LEAST A MONTH LONG BAN. Possibly longer.

The great M

Post by The great M » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:14 am

Does this go for this thread too? It is the S2 discussion thread after all and people have already posted stuff that is potentially a spoiler. Or should we just tag everything that isn't just speculation?

(Also, you may want to put this spoiler policy reminder in a more prominent spot. Not everyone may read this thread, and the global forums rules say nothing about spoilers.)
Last edited by The great M on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Headless Horse

Post by Headless Horse (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:20 am

I'd be okay with the forum in general being a spoiler-free zone, just like it's a creepy-free zone. I don't have a good reason for this other than that I don't like the idea of there being threads I have to force myself not to read. :gah:

(Who am I kidding, of course I'd read them.)

brightman

Post by brightman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:39 am

Now that I've slept I'm pretty sure the second thing I read was fake. Considering the source was 4chan it all sorta needs to be taken with a grain of salt anyway. I won't say anything more about this though.

Kanthulhu

Post by Kanthulhu » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:44 am

Well, the nice lady that is giving us info about the opener couldn't verify the September 17 date so I don't think this date is solid. :drpony:

And I'm not reading spoilers, thank you very much.

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:21 am

God I love bad guys. Know why? Because we're going to see Dash kick something right in its stupid face again! :awesomedash:

"But Aramek, this show isn't about violence!" :nnngh:

Are you telling me that seeing Dash kick stuff in the face isn't so totally the best thing ever? :rainbert:
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Headless Horse

Post by Headless Horse (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:33 am

Back on the speculation front...

Something that's occurred to me recently is that for a show so focused on friendship and in which the tight bond of the main 6 is the biggest consistent plot element, this show really treats it in a surprisingly mature and realistic fashion. What I mean is that whereas a lot of kids' shows featuring a tight-knit central cast often seem to go out of their way to paint that bond as something unique that sets that group apart from everyone else in the universe, this one really downplays that aspect of it.

Trying to think of some examples here. What I have in mind are things like the Get along Gang and Beverly Hills Teens and stuff like that from the 80s, or even PPG or Ed, Edd, & Eddy from the 90s. There's a sense that the main cast members are their own little clique that has hardly any interaction with the rest of the world, except when plot demands it. In many cases they'll have their own little team name ( :ohboy: :gah: :nngh: ) and look at themselves as an indivisible unit, and any disagreements or incompatibilities within that unit are temporary things that are resolved by the end of a given story, and everyone is happy.

FiM has every excuse in the world to be just like that; it starts out by presenting the Mane 6 literally as a prophesied team of saviors-of-the-world, whose indivisibility is not only a necessary condition for their mission to be completed, but reinforced with a matched set of magic talismans. But you look at how the series progresses, and the relationships within the "team" are anything but the harmonious, equitable bonds you would expect in this kind of situation. Someone earlier brought up the matrix of character-to-character relationships that haven't yet really been explored; this reminded me that even after certain plotlines that address certain relationships specifically, there are still some pairs of ponies within the cast that really don't get along well. Or that just don't have much in common with each other and hardly ever talk.

Rarity is the clearest example of one who is fairly difficult to get along with, though she does soften up quite a bit as the series goes on; there's a whole episode given to her personality clash with Applejack, which isn't really cleaned up at the end as smoothly as you might expect. And going back to Ticket Master, just listen to the disdain and even disgust with which she talks about Pinkie Pie and her desire to *clenched teeth* "party" (though of course her own reason for wanting to go to the Gala is hardly any less frivolous and self-serving).

But there are others too. RDash and Fluttershy, despite having a long history together, are clearly at odds to a certain degree; Dash spends the first half of the season being as eye-rollingly disdainful of Fluttershy as Rarity is of Pinkie, though for a different reason (Dash seems to really think Fluttershy could accomplish a lot more if only she'd get over her hangups, but for now is just wasting her wings); and for her part Fluttershy singing that she'd have "come here sooner and never leave" is pretty poignant thinking how easily she's willing to make a clean break with everything she'd grown up with in Cloudsdale--including Rainbow Dash. And those aren't the only pairs of ponies that seem so incompatible as to hardly be likely to have anything to do with each other if Twilight hadn't happened by: Fluttershy and Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash (look how bored Dash is at being a giant hat model), and so on.

One bit in Party of One has stuck out at me lately: Pinkie accuses the others of conspiring to "kick me out of the group". That is the first time in the whole season when anyone directly refers to their six-way relationship as a "group" in any way. Other than that, it's a very casual and soft-edged kind of gathering, the kind of thing people have in real life, where there are close one-on-one affinities within the group (Rarity and Fluttershy, Pinkie and Dash, etc), and some that cast outside its boundaries, like Twilight with Cheerilee. This isn't some kind of invitation-only club with a t-shirt and a logo and a catchphrase and a theme song, it isn't a mythological pantheon with specific defined roles for each character to play according to a nice equitable casting call--it's a loose coffee klatch that always has internal tensions and external ones, always a little bit of instability as characters grow and change and could at any time evolve out of its current form as (for instance) someone in the group found herself having more in common with someone else that the rest don't get along with or don't even know.

So what I'm wondering is whether S2 will explore that in any further detail--if Pinkie's "kick me out of the group" line was just a throwaway, or something indicative of the way the writers think about the cast's relationship evolving, whether tightening (the longer they stay together and have shared adventures, the more of an old-girls'-club they become, like Marines) or loosening (the more secondary characters get introduced and the more each individual pony's personality is developed, the more they find themselves at odds with others in the group). For the sake of the show's premise I of course expect the former, and I don't know if my heart could take it if this friendship were to suffer any serious or long-term hurt; but just as a matter of pondering how these characters interact with each other under the surface, I'm just fascinated by the idea that even in spite of some of these ponies not really liking each other all that much, the camaraderie and shared life experience they're building up together is a more powerful and realistic kind of friendship than any artificially enforced rainbow of roles in a magical-girl team. Just as people will often in a tongue-in-cheek manner talk about how two people can love each other even if they really don't like each other, this is something of the same kind of thing: friendship, the kind that makes these characters so heartwarming in a group shot together, is somehow about more than "getting along with one another". It's deeper, if that makes any sense, and more transcendent.

This is all pretty abstract, I know, and I could be thinking way, way too hard about this. But really there's something underlying this show that I still haven't put my finger on, that is responsible for the grip it has on my mind and why I'm so emotionally attached to it. I think, just like with the intricacies and vagaries of friendship in real life, the fact that it's so multilayered and slippery to define in the show itself is a big part of why it's so endearing and fascinating. And I really hope S2 is able to build on it in a way that only deepens that fascination.

But really I don't doubt at all that it will.

Frosthawk
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by Frosthawk (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:57 am

It's mind-blowingly hard to follow a Headless Horse post, but I always feel like saying stuff after your speculations :ohgawd:

I'm also really fascinated by the various degrees of relations between the main 6 - just like you said, some are clearly really close to each other, but some almost seem like acquaintances at times. And what I also find really interesting is that not every one of them is, as it were, 'paired off' with someone else. Who, for example, would you say Twilight is closest to? Sure, she's sort of the string that holds them all together, but not really, either. I think it's the atypical relationship dynamic of this show that is probably the biggest draw for me. It's really interesting speculating how things will develop between them, and I'm really looking forward to Season 2 for that - I'm sure it will drive me nuts. :awesomedash:

I really have to emphasize that it's RDash's and Fluttershy's perceived clash that fascinates me the most, but that may be because those are my two favorites :3: . Yeah, particularly during the first half of the season, the two just don't seem to get along at all. That is sort of downplayed during the 2nd half, however, and of course that's when it's revealed those two have known each other the longest. There is a lot to be said for the fact that Fluttershy didn't really have any hesitations about leaving Cloudsdale, but there's still some things left open-ended about that. Being just a filly, I'm sure she had to go back to Cloudsdale at least once after that. What about her parents who would seemingly be up there? (But really the whole issue with parents in this show is a whole 'nother discussion.) Did anyone eventually notice she was gone, Dash included? How did they end up eventually being in the same place anyway? I'd be surprised if any of this is answered, but it's food for thought. :rariwhat:

A part of me wants to see them on more benevolent terms in Season 2, another part of me thinks that'd be cheesy, but I'm sure whatever the 2nd season brings it will be equally interesting as the first season. I'm hoping for a few developments that come out of nowhere in spite of all speculation.

kidcoelacanth
Princesses of Soul

Post by kidcoelacanth (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:13 am

Given their interaction in Party of One, I've been assuming that Rainbow and Fluttershy have been pretty close friends for a while because they grew up together. That's just speculation on my part though! It's not like RD's early frustrations with Fluttershy in Drangonshy are anything that a friend wouldn't do, people get frustrated with their friends all the time, especially the ones they know the best.

Scuderia
Tired,
but
Strong
Fashion Queens

Post by Scuderia (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:27 am

Aramek wrote:
Are you telling me that seeing Dash kick stuff in the face isn't so totally the best thing ever? :rainbert:
:iiaia: no, Rarity kicking stuff in the face is the best thing ever.

Kanthulhu wrote:Well, the nice lady that is giving us info about the opener couldn't verify the September 17 date so I don't think this date is solid. :drpony:
And I'm not reading spoilers, thank you very much.
No because that's like NDA - shake your career - material. Lauren can't talk about ponies either.

Headless Horse

Post by Headless Horse (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:36 am

kidcoelacanth wrote:Given their interaction in Party of One, I've been assuming that Rainbow and Fluttershy have been pretty close friends for a while because they grew up together. That's just speculation on my part though! It's not like RD's early frustrations with Fluttershy in Drangonshy are anything that a friend wouldn't do, people get frustrated with their friends all the time, especially the ones they know the best.
Sure, I can certainly buy that; I mean, one way or another it's shown that they have reason to be close since day one. But looking at a) the "yay" scene and especially b) the way it's handled in Dragonshy, where Dash doesn't treat her with kid gloves at all, especially in talking her down to Twilight behind her back, I can't shake the feeling that their long relationship was a retcon that they came up with when they were already mostly done with the season's scripts.

Considering that both the above examples still work (albeit with a new interesting subtext) after we know the two of them have always been acquainted, I think it's a very skillful retcon indeed, but that's still what I suspect it is. And in any case, that's exactly what I'm talking about: it's not like these six ponies only first met each other when the Elements necklaces were handed out by lottery. Some of them bring a lot of baggage with them, and that has a lot of very real effects in any multilateral relationship in real life.

Ashenai

Post by Ashenai » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:39 am

It's unclear that Dash and Flutters actually knew each other well before the events of the show, though. Yeah, Dash saved her from some bullies, but that could have just as easily been a random act of kindness/braggadocio for someone Dash barely knew. Hell, it might even have been Dash who was looking to pick a fight with the colts, and Fluttershy being bullied was just the excuse she was looking for.

Grue

Post by Grue » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:02 pm

I found it pretty strange that Fluttershy didn't know what happened with Rainbow Dash after she fell off the cloud in Cutie Mark Chronicles. I mean, surely RD would tell her while bragging about something.

By the way, I'm surprised people are so excited about more villains appearing. I always thought the episodes with outside antagonist (the pilot, Griffon the brush-off, Dog and Pony Show) were weaker than the episodes where ponies are bickering with each other. Plus for me, the humor is the main draw of the show, and I can't see this new villain being funny (unlike, say, Trixie). Unless they throw in a bunch of Discordianism references or something.

Weird Autumn
Party with the kids who wanna party with you
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:14 pm

To be honest I'm not sure how I feel about the description, either. I'm fine with having another villain like NMM, but the name "Discord" and the stone prison thing just feel very... G1 in a way that I'm not sure I like.

Gloomy Rube
I want you to be like a hamster please
Celestia's Champions

Post by Gloomy Rube (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Headless Horse wrote:
Sure, I can certainly buy that; I mean, one way or another it's shown that they have reason to be close since day one. But looking at a) the "yay" scene and especially b) the way it's handled in Dragonshy, where Dash doesn't treat her with kid gloves at all, especially in talking her down to Twilight behind her back, I can't shake the feeling that their long relationship was a retcon that they came up with when they were already mostly done with the season's scripts.
I dunno, I always found it easier to criticize my close friends compared to just acquaintances or strangers. To me, The yay scene and Dragonshy help reinforce the idea that Dashie and Fluttershy were good friends. Also, Dashie mostly talked about Fluttershy behind her back because she knew how Fluttershy would react if she told her these things to her face. (Like this: :fluttersmith: ) Which is something that only a close friend would know/care about.

But maybe that's just me. :flutterdear:
ImageImageImageImage

Nissl

Post by Nissl » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:54 pm

OpposingFarce wrote:To be honest I'm not sure how I feel about the description, either. I'm fine with having another villain like NMM, but the name "Discord" and the stone prison thing just feel very... G1 in a way that I'm not sure I like.
Same here. We already went over the "pure heel is rare in a girls' show" vs. "pure heel is done to death and not so interesting in just about any other show" argument in the general thread a few weeks ago, and this certainly comes off as a much more extreme heel than Trixie or Gilda. I honestly don't know how I would have done with a whole season of NMM's over the top villain laugh.

As I said at the time, if they're going to have a recurring villain I'd rather have it be someone like Trixie getting more and more bitter and hostile through interacting with the ponies during a few episodes over the season until she starts doing fairly extreme stuff to sabotage them and by extension Celestia/Equestria. Maybe Discord could be a miasma of some kind, the focused negative energy of ponydom/opposite of the elements of harmony/trapping of negative energy that keeps Equestria running smoothly/etc that whispers to Trixie or Luna or whoever and promises power if they'll just let the darkness in. Something like that. There I go into fanfiction mode again, season 2 can't get here soon enough.

I guess this comes off as a little dense, but regarding spoilers: am I correct in understanding that general info like which characters come back, episode names and TV guide descriptions is ok, while specific events and dialogue lines from episodes are not? That's what I'm getting right now. If there are credible spoiler details that emerge elsewhere, is it ok to link them in a clearly labeled fashion and mention that there's a big spoiler out there, you may want to avoid EqD for the next day or two?

Headless Horse

Post by Headless Horse (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Grilox wrote: I dunno, I always found it easier to criticize my close friends compared to just acquaintances or strangers. To me, The yay scene and Dragonshy help reinforce the idea that Dashie and Fluttershy were good friends. Also, Dashie mostly talked about Fluttershy behind her back because she knew how Fluttershy would react if she told her these things to her face. (Like this: :fluttersmith: ) Which is something that only a close friend would know/care about.
Sure, I agree--that's the added subtext that makes those scenes all the more interesting in retrospect once we've seen the rest of the season. I just can't help but think that if the writers had meant to convey in those scenes that "these two are good friends, they've just always interacted like this", they'd have set it up with a bit more detail early on. Otherwise it's way too easy to interpret Dragonshy the way I did originally, which was "Dash has no patience with Fluttershy because she's just an impatient person".

At any rate, there's bound to be more like this in S2. Cutie Mark Chronicles and Party of One, revealing details like these as they did right at the end of S1, are sure to indicate that they had plenty more stuff like it waiting in the wings. (Uh, as it were.)

CMC introduced a lot of potentially troublesome backstory complications and near-continuity-errors, but I think they were only just realizing how interesting a set of characters they had to work with.

Scuderia
Tired,
but
Strong
Fashion Queens

Post by Scuderia (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Rainbow's relationship to Fluttershy can be described as good intentioned frustration. Maybe a kind of unintended mentoring relationship?
:3: I'll take you under my wing Fluttershy!
:flutterdear: Oh dear! Do you wash under there?
:rainbert: it's just a figure of speech...

That's why Sonic Rainboom is so funny.
:yay: Well why don't you come over to the Cloudosseum and watch her do a sonic rainboom? Did you see that? I was so assertive!
:v: Oh I'm boned.

Btw I wouldn't be too worried about internal consistency.

Pretentious Goon

Post by Pretentious Goon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:10 pm

Rainbow Crash wrote:I'm a bit wary about the return of the adventure format. I hope they drop it after the first two episodes like they did in season 1 and focus on character stories.
I was worried about the idea of them changing to format at first too (they wont, not for season 2 at least), but then I realized that without adding another layer of depth to the characters the character stories format will probably get old by season 3. Not saying that they should turn the show into lord of the rings with ponies but I think that at some point seeing them have to react to strange and new environments would both keep the show interesting, and allow for more character development then them staying in ponyville would.

Aria Genisi
Now THIS is 2021!
Night Mares

Post by Aria Genisi (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Some of my personal favorite episodes from S1 were when the main characters went beyond the normal town of ponyville, and ended up going elsewhere, like Cloudsdale, Applepaloosa (especially with this one), Canterlot, or even just right next door to the Everfree Forest. I liked the day-to-day adventures they all had in Ponyville, but it seems that the most interesting stories (to me at least) seem to come when they step out of Ponyville and see more of what there is to the world of Equestria.

But of course, this wouldn't really work if we didn't have a better understanding of the actual characters. I really wouldn't mind seeing more adventuring sort of episodes, as long as they aren't the ONLY sorts of episodes.

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:04 pm

There's finally a high-quality version of the promo up. It's only 480p but it's enough to put this to rest once and for all:

They definitely seem to be blinded by whatever's behind the door. I wouldn't be surprised if this is from the episode we've got a description for.

The great M

Post by The great M » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Looks more like Celestia ripped a nasty one.

Weird Autumn
Faithful Students

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:08 pm

To be honest I'm just wondering where her mouth went.