Equestria Girls Super Secret Spoilers Thread (pt 1)

My Little Pony: Spoiling is Tragic (FiM spoiler chat)

Moderators: Perrydotto, Dexanth, Venusy, Wayoshi

Re: Equestria Girls Super Secret Spoilers Thread

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 pm

Medic Pony wrote:I'm about to make myself look like a real idiot, but do we have any proof that she's actually going to high school?

Just the initial image, which had a school background, and speculation based on EqG potentially being set up as a Monster High competitor.
SlateSlabrock
The information's unavailable to the mortal man.
Celestia's Champions

Post by NostalgiaSchmaltz (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:26 pm

SlateSlabrock wrote:Just the initial image, which had a school background, and speculation based on EqG potentially being set up as a Monster High competitor.

Also, I'm pretty sure the initial leaks mentioned a "Principal Celestia". But that's just a "leak"/rumor.
NostalgiaSchmaltz

Post by ilcane87 (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Are Equestria Girls avatars the new "I Believe in M. A. Larson"?
Then count me in. :yay:

I've been looking forward to this ever since the first rumors came to light; sure, it's not exactly more Pony, which is what everyone really wants, but to me it's the second best thing, a spin-off of FiM made by the same crew, employing the same talents and using the same characters.

I can only see this as a win-win-win situation:

- I could love it, which would give me one more show to follow passionately (or at least one movie, if it doesn't turn out to be a series).
- I could be indifferent to it, which would give me something to watch when I'm bored.
- I could hate it, in which case I would simply not watch it, but still have new songs to listen to.
I just can't imagine any negative outcome this could possibly have for me, or any other fan of FiM really. :pinkieshrug:
ilcane87
:allears: ~ So Many Wonders

Post by Passport Clean (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:56 pm

NostalgiaSchmaltz wrote:
Is there a disconnect in the wording, here? "Tween characters" and "Highschool tween drama" are two different things.

No no, my quibble is with your choice of example in your initial statement. Sailor moon has teen* characters who are in school, and they face a fair amount of drama in addition to their magical adventuring. Do you see my confusion?

* Thanks Sailoryue

ilcane87 wrote:Are Equestria Girls avatars the new "I Believe in M. A. Larson"?
Then count me in. :yay:

(\ Welcome aboard. Just remember, it really could blow up in our faces. Or it might not. But eh, either way it's just television and forums.

(speaking of emoticon issues, is there really no brohoof emote? I see the shovels...)
Passport Clean
#[email protected]&%*!

Post by NostalgiaSchmaltz (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Passport Clean wrote:No no, my quibble is with your choice of example in your initial statement. Sailor moon has teen* characters who are in school, and they face a fair amount of drama in addition to their magical adventuring. Do you see my confusion?

I'm pretty sure the whole "Tween drama" term refers to the kind of stuff Disney Channel puts out: The glut of live-action dramas aimed at tweens. It doesn't literally mean "a show with tweens that features drama".
NostalgiaSchmaltz

Post by StrawberryPinkie (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Hi! I have good news for those living in New Jersey, Long Island, New York, New York City, and Pennsylvania: Clearview Cinemas WILL SHOW THE MOVIE! Only 8 locations were picked so far, but more locations could show the film. Here is the link: http://clearviewcinemas.com/moviedetails.asp?movie_id=161350&house=156. I emailed Equestria Daily about this, and figured out that since pre-shows at that theater chain are powered by Screenvision (I go to one of these theaters a lot), this release is possibly being handled by Screenvision. They have a preshow called "Screenvision Limelight", which contains their mascot, a CGI robot named CMOR, and games you can play with your phone, mostly involving questions relating to things they show in the preshow. So if you live near a Screenvision theater, the chances are high that this movie could show at your theater.

As for me, the movie sounds very interesting, and I can't wait to see it! I might bring Strawberry Pinkie, my Build a Bear Pinkie Pie to the theater if the movie is shown in my area. Or I can just wear my T-shirt and lanyard.
Twilight Sparkle wants to be your Fall Formal Princess. What does it say about our school if we give someone like this...such an important honor?
Spoiler alert: I was bluffing when I said Twilight Sparkle wanted to be your Fall Formal Princess.
StrawberryPinkie
At last, a girl with more power than you ever imagined!

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:17 pm

I just wish we had some actual goddamn information about the whole thing. At this point I'm not taking anything for granted outside of "ponies are humans for some reason" and it'd be really nice to have something official to go on instead of trying to extrapolate everything from leaks, rumors, and speculation.
Weird Autumn
Better beware
(she's a real mad operator)
Try not to stare
(at the fault line indicator)
Pretend you care
(about a gamma ray generator)
Brace yourself, she might be anywhere.
Faithful Students
  • Website
  • Website
Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:30 pm

NostalgiaSchmaltz wrote:
I'm pretty sure the whole "Tween drama" term refers to the kind of stuff Disney Channel puts out: The glut of live-action dramas aimed at tweens. It doesn't literally mean "a show with tweens that features drama".

theres 2 kinds of tween-drama sitcoms. horrible mind numbing ones like ANTfarm (which often has WTF is going on plots) and the not that bad interesting plot ones like.... um..... shoot i cant think of any good tween-drama sitcomes on tv :pinkieshrug:
PayPal for stuff [email protected]
Sailor Yue
Pttttl
  • Website

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:32 pm

ilcane87 wrote:I just can't imagine any negative outcome this could possibly have for me, or any other fan of FiM really. :pinkieshrug:
The worst-case scenario at this point is that, if Equestria Girls bombs, it'll somehow take FiM down as well, either in terms of quality (by forcibly linking the stories of the two) or by getting both of them canceled. We do not know much at this point, but when most of what we do know is garbage, it's not hard to come to such conclusions.

Passport Clean wrote:(speaking of emoticon issues, is there really no brohoof emote? I see the shovels...)
No, there isn't. Why would there be? Such an animation would probably be unreadable at about 50 pixels tall. Besides, I'd like to think we hold ourselves a bit higher than such bottom-of-the-barrel brony memes. :vogue:
Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters
  • Website
Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Fizzbuzz wrote:The worst-case scenario at this point is that, if Equestria Girls bombs, it'll somehow take FiM down as well, either in terms of quality (by forcibly linking the stories of the two) or by getting both of them canceled. We do not know much at this point, but when most of what we do know is garbage, it's not hard to come to such conclusions.

No, there isn't. Why would there be? Such an animation would probably be unreadable at about 50 pixels tall. Besides, I'd like to think we hold ourselves a bit higher than such bottom-of-the-barrel brony memes. :vogue:

could some how make a zoom in of dash and flutt's bump-psh just zoom on hte hoofs or something :allears:

if i had any knowledge in vectoring/sprite work id make something awsome
Sailor Yue
Pttttl
  • Website

Post by SoundMonkey44 (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Fizzbuzz wrote:The worst-case scenario at this point is that, if Equestria Girls bombs, it'll somehow take FiM down as well, either in terms of quality (by forcibly linking the stories of the two) or by getting both of them canceled. We do not know much at this point, but when most of what we do know is garbage, it's not hard to come to such conclusions.

I highly doubt EQG even as a failure would get FIM canned, again Spin-offs don't usually effect the main series all that much if they don't do well, plenty of spin-offs of anime, cartoons, comics, manga, tv shows, etc can bomb and the main thing can still go on just fine afterwards.

Now is there a chance Hasbro will be too forceful and try to water down MLP:FIM just so it will make EQG look better in comparison, maybe, but that would be pretty stupid. Hasbro may not be geniuses, but they don't seem like complete idiots either, at least not to me, IMO aside from the initial movie, I don't think the two series will have much effect on one another, Twilight is being used as a vehicle to introduce the audience to the EGQ characters & world, same as she was in MLP:FIM with the premiere 2-parter. If the spin-off does become more then just a movie and gets its own show, odds are it will be its own thing, maybe giving some nods to its big sister every now & then. *MLP:FIM playing in the background on a TV, Spike having a pony Rarity doll (or Chew toy if he actually is a dog) stuff like that* But I don't think we have to worry too much.

This is what will most likely be just the first of many attempts at Hasbro trying to get part of Mattell's Bratz/Monster High pie. I'm sure weather Equestria Girls fails or succeeds, they are already planning other Toy lines similar to it to try to get the little girl's parents $$$. In fact I would not at all be surprised if we saw a NEW Jem toy line by 2015-2016. Or heck, maybe if we are lucky Hasbro will change their minds and go after Lauren's Galaxy Girls. But yeah, Hasbro is just using an already popular IP to branch out into a new market, if it fails, theres not much risk because they still have the mane part of the I.P. to fall back on. If it succeeds, well thats just more $$$ in their pocket.

I will say though if it fails, it might sadly mean the chance of ever getting a legit Spin-off, like say a CMC series, or a series focusing on side/BG characters a, "world of Equestria if you will" would probably be completely out of the question.
Sunset Shimmer is BEST Hu-Mane!!
SoundMonkey44
Ain't Got No Sense, No Sense At All.

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:06 pm

I'm curious at what some of you think of the designs that got leaked so far. Do you actually like 'em?

I mentioned before that I think they're ugly, and that they can hamper any little enjoyment that this can bring should I watch. But I've been known to be a cartoon snob with high standards, so...
Mr. Big
Cats are all you need
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters
  • Website
  • Website

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:14 pm

Personally I really don't like the look at all, and the designs are pretty bad even within context of the style. Their biggest crime is that they're really flat and boring, though, and I find them generally lousy rather than unwatchably ugly or anything like that, so in theory I could probably put up with them if the writing is good enough to make up for them.

The writing'd have to be really damn good, though.

(I single out writing and not animation because while good animation might help there's not much it can do to fix a fundamentally unappealing art style.)
Weird Autumn
Better beware
Try not to stare
Pretend you care
Faithful Students
  • Website
  • Website
Post by NostalgiaSchmaltz (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:14 pm

Mr. Big wrote:I'm curious at what some of you think of the designs that got leaked so far. Do you actually like 'em?

NostalgiaSchmaltz wrote:I'm not a big fan of the "Severe Anorexia" look, either. :gotcha:

That and, they all look too similar, all having the same basic design of "skirt and knee-high boots". Most likely an intentional design, to make it easier to sell toys of them...

The whole "cutie mark on face" thing looks weird, along with their heads being egg-shaped or pointy at the chin, making them look like Mii's.

Overall, their design is just completely unappealing to me. :pinkieshrug:
NostalgiaSchmaltz

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:16 pm

i can see the show being unwatchable if the mane6 are hte only ones multicolored... if everyone in the show is a different color, i can think it being like Doug. otherwise, idk it would seem like nothing but a bunch of mutant freaks :pinkieshrug:
Sailor Yue
Pttttl
  • Website

Post by SoundMonkey44 (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:17 pm

Mr. Big wrote:I'm curious at what some of you think of the designs that got leaked so far. Do you actually like 'em?

I mentioned before that I think they're ugly, and that they can hamper any little enjoyment that this can bring should I watch. But I've been known to be a cartoon snob with high standards, so...

I don't think they are all that attractive or all that ugly, they are fairly generic outside of the colorful skin tones, but overall I don't think the designs are bad as opposed to designs in other HUB programs *the human kids in care bears look like creepy porcelain dolls* And at least their heads arn't twice the size of their bodies like Blyth's in LPS is. I do wish they had gone for better designs though, something more stylized & easier on the eyes, a bit less generic. If they had gone with something like say... this.

then I would be genuinely excited to see this series.

Or even somehting like this would have been better IMO.

But I guess neither of those are close enough to the competitions appearance, so meh. :pinkieshrug:

Overall I just kind of see them as I should, Monster High rip-off designs for the NYT preview, and Doug wannabee's for the supposed leaks XD

Again I think best case scenario this will end up a B level HUB Toon akin to Kaijudo, LPS or Pound Puppies, not something great or horrid, something thats just there to watch or use for background noise if you feel like it. Worst case scenario it ends up a C/D level toon like Care Bears &/or Strawberry short cake.

Or theres the tiniest of chances it'll be an A grade cartoon like its big sis, Dan VS & TF:Prime, if that happens, good for it, although again thats highly unlikely.

But if it can manage to be a B and stay away from C level like Care Bares or D level like Strawberry Shortcake, then it should at least be a watchable program, but again all we can do is wait & see. 9 weeks till the reveal, get your hype machines & your storm bunkers ready, never know which one you might need. :gotcha:
SoundMonkey44

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:20 pm

To be fair to Hasbro, as much as I love Panty & Stocking it's probably not the right place to draw inspiration from for this particular franchise.
Weird Autumn
Better beware
Try not to stare
Pretend you care
Faithful Students
  • Website
  • Website
Post by SoundMonkey44 (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Opposing Farce wrote:To be fair to Hasbro, as much as I love Panty & Stocking it's probably not the right place to draw inspiration from for this particular franchise.

But Panty & Stocking drew inspiration from series like PPG, Dexter's Lab & Invader Zim for its designs, so it would be like coming full circle. Not like the parents would ever find out. :v: *as long as you don't tell em. :excellent: *

And obviously no one would expect the content to be anything like PS&G. But the visual style would be much easier on the eyes IMO.
Last edited by SoundMonkey44 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoundMonkey44

Post by NostalgiaSchmaltz (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Opposing Farce wrote:To be fair to Hasbro, as much as I love Panty & Stocking it's probably not the right place to draw inspiration from for this particular franchise.

Panty and Stocking actually pulled off that art style pretty well. But that's because there's only two of them, instead of six, so of course they're going to look considerably different from each other.
NostalgiaSchmaltz

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:38 pm

There's no soul and hardly any direction in them. Details like the long hairdos that might or might not be tails and wings on the ones with wings but no horns on the ones with horns that make it clear that they were designed by a group of people who just couldn't make up their minds about human or non-human they wanted the characters to be. Don't get me wrong, it's not that they're made with such a mishmash of features (in fact, I think anthro ponies can be sort of cute in that regard, so long as they aren't horribly sexualized or anything), it's just that it's so evident in this case that they were made with toy-selling appeal first, art second.
Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters
  • Website
Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:42 pm

NostalgiaSchmaltz wrote:Panty and Stocking actually pulled off that art style pretty well. But that's because there's only two of them, instead of six, so of course they're going to look considerably different from each other.

Eh, I wouldn't really call that the same art style. They don't even seem all that similar to me, really-- for one thing, P&S both look relatively 'weighty' compared to the anorexic stick figures of EqG, and they're cartoonishly proportioned in a way that's intelligently stylized and doesn't give me that vaguely unsettled "legs shouldn't be that long, should they?" uncanny valley feeling.
Weird Autumn
Better beware
Try not to stare
Pretend you care
Faithful Students
  • Website
  • Website
Post by reidransom (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:33 pm

NostalgiaSchmaltz wrote:The whole "cutie mark on face" thing looks weird,

I dunno, Dash's looks kinda like a scar, and everyone knows facial scars are pretty rad.
Image :milkshake:
reidransom
Rainbow Racers

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:49 pm

More thoughts regarding designs. If this movie does has just about everyone from FiM working on it, then that just makes it worse. They should have done a better job with how the characters look.
Mr. Big
Cats are all you need
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters
  • Website
  • Website

Post by NostalgiaSchmaltz (?) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:55 pm

Mr. Big wrote:More thoughts regarding designs. If this movie does has just about everyone from FiM working on it, then that just makes it worse. They should have done a better job with how the characters look.

The characters were probably designed/mandated by Hasbro, seeing as they all have the same general shape and same clothing, thus making it easier to make toys of them.
NostalgiaSchmaltz

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 12:02 am

Mr. Big wrote:More thoughts regarding designs. If this movie does has just about everyone from FiM working on it, then that just makes it worse. They should have done a better job with how the characters look.

To add to what NostalgiaSchmaltz said, they were probably just forced to work with what Hasbro gave them in the same manner as alicorn Twilight. Maybe they had some input, maybe not, but unfortunately it's still too early to tell. I dealt with alicorn Twilight well enough after being initially disappointed by its reveal, though, so maybe Equestria Girls will also manage to be non-terrible.
Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters
  • Website
Post by Perpetual Lurker (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 12:41 am

Yeah, the writers and animators aren't the character designers (at least for the primary characters). They just work with with they're given.
Perpetual Lurker
Just blending in.
Special Flowers

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 12:59 am

You know... it accures to me... is it possible what we've seen so far is just CONCEPT art? I mean, anyone can tell you, concept art does NOT equate to final result.

case in point:

the guy in my sig, Francoeur, went thru many different conceptual art designs.
from: http://25.media.tumblr.com/766081b67353 ... 1_1280.jpg
to http://24.media.tumblr.com/89e5303891e8 ... 2_1280.jpg

and the final result in the actual movie:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/229875ef2e0d ... 4_1280.jpg
(tho in the movie he does not have the scar on his mouth)

maybe the movie wont be as bad...

IF the vector's we seen are merely concept art... if they are TRUE art than nvm
Sailor Yue
Pttttl
  • Website

Post by NostalgiaSchmaltz (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 1:02 am

sailoryue wrote:You know... it accures to me... is it possible what we've seen so far is just CONCEPT art? I mean, anyone can tell you, concept art does NOT equate to final result.

But in the case of FIM, the first official clipart(s) for the show were very similar to the final product. And Lauren's concept art was very similar to the final product as well.

Here, I doubt they would go that far as to fully colorize the artwork, if it was just a concept draft.
NostalgiaSchmaltz

Post by Wylie (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 1:17 am

If it was released to the New York Times, you can bet that it was worked on by multiple people, and then a bunch more people all got into a room and talked about it before they said, "Yep! That looks just fine. Let's release that."

On a slightly related note, I will provide "sit in on meetings and tell you when you are about to do some seriously stupid shit" services at a deeply discounted rate. Please, someone, take me up on this. :-I
ImageImage :fancyhat:
Wylie
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Caldera (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 2:27 am

I find the designs weird(Other than the part where they're all so skinny) cause they're some strange in-between phase of humanoid and anthro. Like, usually when I see girls with animal parts their skin colours are still human, but they do have those animal parts too. (You know, like anime catgirls in stuff like cat planet cuties. Or those videogame catgirls like Felicia from Darkstalkers who have catlike arms and legs with claws but still look human in the places that aren't covered in fur) But in this case its like they're almost anthros, but not quite since they still don't have snouts and real tails but their skin is still coloured like fur but apparently its not actual fur. :psyduck: I preferred the design without the pony ears cause they were mostly human and could also avoid drama about race. ("Twilight is indian! No, Twilight is black!" "Blah blah blah") I just find this in-between phase strange. Also, yeah, the cutiemarks on their faces is strange to me too.
Image3DS friend code: 3625-8807-3994
Caldera
Year of the cluck.
Faithful Students
  • Website
  • Website

Post by Grue (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 4:14 am

I think the non-anthro designs were fine. Latest leaks give me hope that's what we'll see in the movie.

Also, I'll repost the comparison image I made of EqG vs similar designs from other shows. I don't think they look particularly anorexic.

Grue
But I won't be
burned by the reflection
of the fire in your eyes
as you're staring at the sun
We Like Spike
  • Website
  • Website

Post by Passport Clean (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 6:26 am

Grue wrote:I think the non-anthro designs were fine. Latest leaks give me hope that's what we'll see in the movie.

Also, I'll repost the comparison image I made of EqG vs similar designs from other shows. I don't think they look particularly anorexic.

I think the "latest" leaks are actually either fake (unlikely), or out of date (likely). The NYT image release has the strongest chance of being the most up to date because, well, NYT.

As to what the final product will look like on-screen, here's a thought. Look at the NYT image again. Notice that the pony vectors they provided for comparison are still the stiff, lifeless generic vectors they've been using for marketing and products since the beginning of G4? What if the anthros provided in the image are also the marketing images and lack whatever spark they will have once actually animated?

Now, that said, I'm actually fine with the designs presented in the NYT image (In fact I prefer them to the initial more-human leak, but it wouldn't kill me if they reverted). Maybe I just have a lot of sympathy for the aesthetics of the tween girl consumer. I do know that whatever final version they run with will have been extensively focus-group tested with the intended demographic the way Faust's G4 design was, both on screen and in plastic - I'm familiar with Hasbro's approach to other products.
Passport Clean
#[email protected]&%*!

Post by Bumble-B (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 6:34 am

Yknow, i wouldnt be surprised if the anthro girls were made for the movie while the more human girls are for the possible tv series.

This happens frequently with cartoon movies. They usually are better drawn and animated than their tv series counterpart. Now differing art styles and designs (anthro/human)? I never heard of that happening so it's also possible that my theory is wrong.

:pinkieshrug:

Im more afraid if EqG will be as god damn stiff as Littlest Pet Shop. I mean, the still images of the show look nice but when animated, my gawd the people and world look stiff as all hell in animation. I can kinda visualize EqG in that LPS animation and ugh... I hope it isnt like that
Bumble-B
Buzz Buzz...
Applejack Aces

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 9:33 am

Grue wrote:I think the non-anthro designs were fine. Latest leaks give me hope that's what we'll see in the movie.

or have mutated pony feet
Sailor Yue
Pttttl
  • Website

Post by mimitchi33 (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 4:06 pm

StrawberryPinkie wrote:Hi! I have good news for those living in New Jersey, Long Island, New York, New York City, and Pennsylvania: Clearview Cinemas WILL SHOW THE MOVIE! Only 8 locations were picked so far, but more locations could show the film. Here is the link: http://clearviewcinemas.com/moviedetails.asp?movie_id=161350&house=156. I emailed Equestria Daily about this, and figured out that since pre-shows at that theater chain are powered by Screenvision (I go to one of these theaters a lot), this release is possibly being handled by Screenvision. They have a preshow called "Screenvision Limelight", which contains their mascot, a CGI robot named CMOR, and games you can play with your phone, mostly involving questions relating to things they show in the preshow. So if you live near a Screenvision theater, the chances are high that this movie could show at your theater.

As for me, the movie sounds very interesting, and I can't wait to see it! I might bring Strawberry Pinkie, my Build a Bear Pinkie Pie to the theater if the movie is shown in my area. Or I can just wear my T-shirt and lanyard.

Also, I heard that some places are showing this as a lead-in movie to a summer kids' movie program (I don't know which theater, though). This isn't the first time there have been kids movie programs in the summer. There have been a few going on for years. There's BookWorm Wednesdays, where you bring in a book report to see a movie, Cinemark's Kids Club, which this year is showing two DisneyNature movies and Looney Tunes Back In Action, Regal Cinemas' kids club, which plays some rare movies such as Muppets In Space and Garfield's Pet Force. There's Muvico, which shows many modern movies and one early 2000's movie each year. And then there's Clearview Cinema's program, which in my area last year, was sponsored by this movie:

With all the mass-marketing for that movie, I thought it was going to be a runaway success, but no, kids like horror movies more than cute innocent movies like this! But it did make more money than A Cat In Paris did that same weekend, though. I'm still puzzled at why this movie failed with excessive marketing like that-maybe because Thomas is dead, maybe because they looked creepy, or maybe it was the purple puppet's underwear having bunnies on them?
:smirk:
Back on topic, this isn't the first time a G4 movie has been brought to theaters:
http://web.archive.org/web/20110128081023/http://kidtoonfilms.com/
Did anyone here see this? I didn't, but according to another fan on MLPArena, it was just the first two episodes of FiM and two episodes of Chuck and Friends. :gotcha: Kidtoons not only did that movie, they did some of the G3 DTV movies as well, and showed "Welcome To Unicornia" for a compilation movie called "Kidtoons Comics". I only saw "A Very Pony Place" and "The Runaway Rainbow" as a child as part of Kidtoons. We had to drive 30 minutes to see the movie, since that was the nearest theater showing it.

When I originally posted this, it was under my sister, StrawberryPinkie's account. Sorry for that, I forgot to log her out!
I am one of the wonders of a wonderful world where trees can talk and pigs can fly!
mimitchi33
♡ The little pachyderm with a great big heart!♡

Post by citric (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 6:09 pm

Grue wrote:Image

The guy's character design reminds me of the tweenies.
(Also yes I do believe all the EG designs are terrible, to answer the question.)

Funny though it is calling him 'Brad', what do you think the naming conventions of EQG will be? The same as pony, or more 'normal' names creeping in?
Would that mean there would be a bunch of normal named humans in Equestria girl dimension who would 'translate' into weirdly named ponies in pony!prime? Is Granny Smith from the human dimension?

Also does anyone know why NostalgiaSchmaltz was banned?
citric

Post by Weird Autumn (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 6:39 pm

citric wrote:Also does anyone know why NostalgiaSchmaltz was banned?

I'm gonna guess it has something to do with the most recent mod blotter post and, consequently, that we should never speak of it ever again.
Weird Autumn
Better beware
Try not to stare
Pretend you care
Faithful Students
  • Website
  • Website
Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 8:08 pm

eqd has an update:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/05/c ... girls.html

idk... having mixed feelings, and its aparently cadence's crown not her own :rariwhat:
Sailor Yue
Pttttl
  • Website

Post by Big Boss (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 8:12 pm

The actual source:

http://www.cineplex.com/Movies/MovieDet ... 2013-06-16

When a crown is stolen from the Crystal Empire, Twilight Sparkle pursues the thief into an alternate world where she transforms into a teenage girl who must survive her biggest challenge yet… high school. With help from her new friends who remind her of Ponyville’s Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy, she embarks upon a quest to find the crown and change the destiny of these two parallel worlds.
Big Boss
:twonk:
Rarity's Roughnecks
  • Website
Post by The Doctor (?) » Wed May 01, 2013 8:14 pm

So it's only Twilight who is ruined? :gotcha:

:pcstare: The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few or the one, my young student.

:twonk: So why don't you or Luna go?

:pcstare: As you can see, the portal is only 3ft high, we could not fit. Now go my student.

:-/ no.

:speakest: Shining Armor, throw the battering ram.

:notgonnadoit: ...

:allright: Wheeeee! I'm helping!

:bump:

Image ...

:gotcha: have fun, Twilight.
Last edited by The Doctor on Wed May 01, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Doctor
Turner of all things timey wimey
Celestia's Champions
  • Website

Previous Next

Return to Spoiler Discussion