Pony Joe's: Post Not-So-Great Things That Happened

Where everybody knows your name. (Safe Spaces and Self-Help)

Moderator: Momo

Yuudachi
I'll show you the Nightmare of Solomon!

Re: Pony Joe's: Post Not-So-Great Things That Happened

Post by Yuudachi (?) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Octavia wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:22 pm
Sup fellow (soon-to-be) gallbladder non-haver? :hishovel:

I got mine out back in 2004. My dad had to get his out too, so I guess gallstones run in the family. The surgery is extremely common and rarely has complications, assuming you're getting it removed laparoscopically. The worst side effects for me were shoulder pain (from air bubbles floating to the top of your body) which went away within 48 hours, the kind of icky feeling that your guts are sloshing around inside your abdomen, which took about a week before everything settled, and for about 6 months after surgery, if you ever eat a particularly greasy meal, it will go right through you. Your liver needs to compensate for having no gall bladder, and it takes a while before it figures out how much bile it needs to produce to manage your diet.
so... not super urgent so scheduling it for xmas break

still have a dreadful fear of anesthesia.
SOLOMON!! I have returned!!!

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Octavia wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:22 pm
Sup fellow (soon-to-be) gallbladder non-haver? :hishovel:

I got mine out back in 2004. My dad had to get his out too, so I guess gallstones run in the family. The surgery is extremely common and rarely has complications, assuming you're getting it removed laparoscopically. The worst side effects for me were shoulder pain (from air bubbles floating to the top of your body) which went away within 48 hours, the kind of icky feeling that your guts are sloshing around inside your abdomen, which took about a week before everything settled, and for about 6 months after surgery, if you ever eat a particularly greasy meal, it will go right through you. Your liver needs to compensate for having no gall bladder, and it takes a while before it figures out how much bile it needs to produce to manage your diet.
I want to get mine removed. My gallbladder makes it so I can't eat most pork items and sometimes simple cheese pizza if it's too greasy. Hell sometimes chicken hotdogs do it. It's so damn frustrating. I miss eating pork.

Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Post by Smoke (?) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:40 am

Bureaucracy wars continue. I spent over an hour waiting to learn that we need a notarized statement of our landlord stating we still live at the same address. After I get that I have to come back and apply again.

This is really quite stressful.
Image I shall sing you the song of my people
ImageImageImage

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:49 pm

I can't get a job because of scheduling conflicts in December.

I can't start working at taxi services cuz I need $142 to get everything i need done, done.

Unemployment is taking Forever to process my claim, and tho I'm claiming, I won't see the benefits till probably the middle of December

I'm going to lose my storage unit with everything from the last apartment I was at because I can't get a fucking job.

And my court day in December is going to go to shit cuz I'm apparently worthless.

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:28 am

Spent a big chunk of tonight in the ER. It seems testicular torsion can strike without warning! :twonk:

Luckily, it seems my 'nad untwisted itself soon after the initial problem, and basically I just have a really really sensitive bruise. A few days of ibuprofen and taking it easy and I'll be fine. Could've been a lot worse.

feels like i drank ball hurting juice, ow oof
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:38 am

Aw geez, glad it went over as well as it could have at least. Be safe and get better quick!
Image /// Image /// Image

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:46 pm

I'm tired of assholes telling me to get a job. It's not like I'm not trying because of my busy schedule I always get deferred it's not my fault that I I have things that I absolutely cannot miss

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:53 pm

Yet another job rejection. I'm running out of cannisters and I still can't do the taxi service until I get my fingerprints done. And still no sign of my unemployment.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:40 pm

I just spent over an hour trying to alleviate my mom's anxiety and arguing against her obvious cognitive distortions. She's usually the one who complains about my grandma's anxiety, too, when she has to do the same stuff with her. This isn't even like a really bad thing, just something I'm both amused and exasperated about - I really do come from a family of anxiety-ridden worrywarts. :v: It's exhausting sometimes!

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:44 pm

I made a dumb decision.

I locked myself out of the house when my parents were out. To make it worse, my phone was dead. They're out on a Saturday and all the cars are still here, so I assumed they had been picked up by someone for a drinking party and that they'd be gone until early tomorrow morning.

I tried the pub, thinking dad might be there instead of a party, and he wasn't. I went back and thought about things. I tried the neighbors, and no one knew how to get in touch.

I was freezing my ass off. I was pissed off with myself. I had tried the doors and the windows as though doing it over and over would somehow yield different results. In the end I pulled one of the paving slabs up out of our garden and started repeatedly striking the side door in a bid to enter the house. I got the door to shift about a centimeter inward before tiring myself out enough to need a break.

The plan was to push the latch through the door jamb and then use the spare roof beam wood we have in the attic to just screw the door into the frame as a temporary security fix.

In the end my dad turns up and he's freaking mad. I never got the door completely through but there's a hell of a dent in it and there's a thorough crack in the jamb below the strike plate. In hindsight my last resort should have been to walk to the nearest hotel and buy a room for the night because that's a lot cheaper than replacing an external door.
👉👉🥜🏠

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:54 pm

I know I can hammer out the dent, brush it down to the bare steel, fill it with car body compound, sand it and then paint it over. As for the jamb, I can cut a piece of wood to match its original shape then paint everything over.

Thing is, I know dad will want the door replacing and not repairing. He seems to think that I'd make the door insecure and that a builder would make a magical door with all the security of a bank vault.

If a scumbag wants into our house, they'll break the glass doors out back, which I considered but figured I had no secure or warm temporary fix for. Also breaking glass is gambling the integrity of your skin.

Still I seem to be lacking any judgment right now. This is definitely a "why am I such a fuck up?" moment.
👉👉🥜🏠

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:39 pm

My psychiatrist is not available until January because of the holiday.

Kronos
THE PEGASIS RISES AGAIN!
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by Kronos (?) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:49 pm

Sailor Yue wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:39 pm
My psychiatrist is not available until January because of the holiday.
Ever seen the film "What about Bob?"

Well, in case you haven't, what you do is you fake your death. Then you impersonate the detective looking into your death and ask the secretary where you can find your psychiatrist.

You then go say hi to your psychiatrist, revealing you didn't die. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you. :v:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:41 am

She....
It just sucks cuz I had an emotional breakdown a few days ago and wanted to talk about it and stuff. I guess I can start doing the heart math thing again... But me.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:32 am

Talking to a friend about self-worth, I'm making it a goal to improve on it more in time for New Year's.

To start with, I'm going to try smiling more. You think I'm joking, but I don't actually smile all that much, at least in pictures :-I

Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Post by Smoke (?) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:29 pm

House hunting has been a bust unfortunately. We thought we found a great house for a good price, but the real estate agent got real pushy to get us to sign a preliminary contract with a deposit to reserve the house, while we're still dealing with all the paperwork we need for the mortgage application. They actually contacted us on friday evening telling us we needed to pay the deposit asap as another potential buyer was going to look at the house on sunday.

We've decided to start looking again next year, when we have everything we need.

On the other hand, I also spoke with our lawyer today and there is a good chance we actually dodged a bullet regarding the house we were looking at. Due to the way it's been built(originally an illegal building, later on legalized and a new construction) it may have been built without the normal inspection methods required for a new building, and in case of any issues related to shoddy construction in the future we'd be screwed.
ImageImageImage

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Smoke wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:29 pm
House hunting has been a bust unfortunately. We thought we found a great house for a good price, but the real estate agent got real pushy to get us to sign a preliminary contract with a deposit to reserve the house, while we're still dealing with all the paperwork we need for the mortgage application. They actually contacted us on friday evening telling us we needed to pay the deposit asap as another potential buyer was going to look at the house on sunday.

We've decided to start looking again next year, when we have everything we need.

On the other hand, I also spoke with our lawyer today and there is a good chance we actually dodged a bullet regarding the house we were looking at. Due to the way it's been built(originally an illegal building, later on legalized and a new construction) it may have been built without the normal inspection methods required for a new building, and in case of any issues related to shoddy construction in the future we'd be screwed.
I'd recommend changing agents. Buying a house is a HUGE decision, so don't let anyone try to push you into a sale when you're not 100% sure that it's the right house for you.

theGECK
People don't "become an adult", they just get too old to be called a kid
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by theGECK (?) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Just an FYI to those who might not know, making an earnest money/cash deposit is a common and frequently required to include in a home offer. It's something we didn't know when we made our first offer - it was a huge shock to suddenly have to put $1k+ down to send a pice of paper saying that you'll pay them 100x that price later. Definitely take your time and make sure you're prepared. If you rush into a house before you're ready, it can be the worst decision of your life.

But I agree with Octavia, if your agent is pushy with you, switch agents. They should be making sure you're comfortable with the purchase and do the right thing for you and if they aren't, then it's time to move on. I believe the client can cancel the agent agreement at any time, so you can move if you don't like the agent.

Smoke
Bringing back a classic
Princesses of Soul

Post by Smoke (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:07 am

Yeah, our lawyer informed us of this as well and it's a common thing here too. The pushiness is what made us decide to switch agents though.
ImageImageImage

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:44 pm

One of my cats, Biscuit, has a lump on the skin that's been getting bigger (the vet noticed during his annual check-up, and told us to keep an eye on it). We took him again today, and they said it has to come off. We're bringing him on Monday for surgery.

Really worried about the fella.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:27 pm

Aw geez, I really hope things work out for the floofball. All the best, and good luck!!

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:27 am

I have a terrible flu :notthisshitagain:
👉👉🥜🏠

Marioland1
Magikal Horse

Post by Marioland1 (?) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:41 pm

I somehow managed on shattering one of my Nintendo Switch's joycons, and all the shops around seem to be out of usable replacements. I mean, I did find a left one, but it was the right one that broke. :-/

I just wanna play Super Mario Odyssey, but that's not gonna happen with just 1 joy-con. At least I can still do Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with good ol' Lefty, but just about everything else needs both of 'em.

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:38 pm

I have forgotten what a normal sleep schedule feels like. You'd think an 8-5 job would help but nope. It amazingly makes everything worse. :notthisshitagain:

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:02 pm

What does a counterfeit $50 bill look like? Very very purple. :-/

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:01 am

Perrydotto wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:27 pm
Aw geez, I really hope things work out for the floofball. All the best, and good luck!!
Thanks, Perry.

We just took him to the vet this morning. I had to chase him a bit, so hopefully that's a good sign that he's still overall healthy.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Still having difficulty finding an apartment or something of the like.

Kronos
THE PEGASIS RISES AGAIN!
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by Kronos (?) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Marioland1 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:41 pm
I somehow managed on shattering one of my Nintendo Switch's joycons, and all the shops around seem to be out of usable replacements. I mean, I did find a left one, but it was the right one that broke. :-/

I just wanna play Super Mario Odyssey, but that's not gonna happen with just 1 joy-con. At least I can still do Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with good ol' Lefty, but just about everything else needs both of 'em.
Look into the Pro controller, or can you not use that with Odyssey?

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 am

The cat's back from the vet. He has a 5 inch scar on his hind leg, and peed in the carrier during the way home, but he should be okay in the long-run. He's hiding right now, so we're giving him some alone time to deal with this.

Good to have Biscuit home! :party:

PhoolCat
EE
HECKING
YUP

Post by PhoolCat (?) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:14 pm

That’s a relief :allears: Are they doing a biopsy or do they know what it was?
Image Image Image Image

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Nah, they only removed the mass on the skin. There's a follow-up in 10 days to remove the stitches, so they might do some minor checks, tho.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:29 pm

FUCK

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Sailor Yue wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:29 pm
FUCK
This is the most relatable post on the forums, but what happened if you don't mind me asking? I mean it sincerely.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:21 pm

I have to quit my two to $3,000 a month paying job and move to a shithole City and make maybe $8 to $10 an hour if I'm lucky in order to get my daughter back

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:25 pm

That is some utter friggin' bullshit and you have my sympathies.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:19 pm

That's horrible, jesus :fluttersmith:

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:32 am

Guess who had to retake Biscuit to the vet because he was pulling his stitches? :-I

What the hell, Biscuit!? :gonkity:

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Sounds like he's going to need to wear a shame cone. :smirk:

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Fizzbuzz wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:53 pm
Sounds like he's going to need to wear a shame cone. :smirk:

Indeed he does :-I They also put metal stitches in as well.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:43 pm

Well I managed to get one of those fun "brief but nasty" infections that make your food come out again on the wrong end. :bluh: Hopefully this passes quickly, I feel miserable.