Pony Joe's: Post Not-So-Great Things That Happened

Where everybody knows your name. (Safe Spaces and Self-Help)

Moderator: Momo

Perpetual Motion
Enthusiasm makes everything an adventure.

Re: Pony Joe's: Post Not-So-Great Things That Happened

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Were you just summoned by letter, or actually selected out of the jury pool? If the former, then there's a good chance you won't even be selected, and if you are, you get to make your case to the judge in person as to why you shouldn't be on the jury. Poor mental health would almost certainly be a sufficient reason, I think. Don't despair just yet, you've got this!

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Minty, don't be so hard on yourself. This is a mistake anyone could've done. It's a mistake I would've done. It's not a fun thing to have happened. You are right to feel frustrated and sad and whatnot to have been picked for such a thing. Don't they have to make sure you're fit for it when you're there anyway? I don't know much about jury duty so i can't help you there, but I'm sure others here can.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Perpetual Motion wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:57 pm
Were you just summoned by letter, or actually selected out of the jury pool? If the former, then there's a good chance you won't even be selected, and if you are, you get to make your case to the judge in person as to why you shouldn't be on the jury. Poor mental health would almost certainly be a sufficient reason, I think. Don't despair just yet, you've got this!
Yeah, this. I got a jury duty summon last month via a letter, but never even had to go to the courthouse.

minty

Post by minty (?) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:07 pm

They don't make sure you're fit at all. I've heard of dead people and dogs being called to jury duty. :fluttershrug:

And yes, it's just the letter. I'm just worried they won't accept mental health as an excuse because I don't have the form I filled out and got someone to sign for me, since they have the only copy. I can't refill it because it's not online. I was supposed to send contact information to the letter not this stuff. I'm worried they may throw out the excuse form and doctor's note, and either claim they never got it or tell me it wasn't their department so of course they got rid of it. Granted, if I go there they'll probably take one look at my nervous, no eye contact self and reject me. It would be like putting a paranoid Boomhauer on their jury. I could take my autism diagnosis, but I don't want anyone reading that embarrassing old thing. I got a photocopy of the doctor note so that's something.

I know if all else fails, I'll bring a metric ton of stuff to entertain me. All the books, the 3DS, maybe I'll get some new books to read then. I hope I don't have to wait all day and get seen another day. Hell, I'll bring my cat.

Thanks everyone though. I know it's not as scary as it seems, and they're not choosing me to spite me, but it's all just terrifying for some reason. I guess never mess with an autstic's routine? :pinkieshrug: Doesn't help that the letter is so threatening: "Come here or jail, motherfucker!"

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:25 pm

You can explain what happened and the judge would probably let you off, especially with your photocopy, because mistakes happen all the time. And as others have said, you might not even have to go. But it’s okay that you feel stressed over it, too, because you’ve had a bad year and like you said, it’s out of your normal routine. It’s hard not to catastrophize under the circumstances. But you’ll be okay. You’ve got your backup plan if the worst does happen, so you’re at least a little prepared now. Just think of it that way—you’ve got options. Now go do something you like doing to take some of the edge off. :flutterunsmith: Just do the best you can in your current moment, and if it’s not your absolute best, that’s okay too. Nobody is perfect or superhuman.

minty

Post by minty (?) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:18 pm

I'm doing a little better today. I'm trying to write a letter to explain my situation. I tried calling the post office yesterday but they said there was nothing they could do, but I could try calling again Monday. I'll also try phoning the courthouse.

I find I've been neglecting myself a bit, I haven't taken medication for two days. So I'll try to be more careful.

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:41 pm

I lost control of my motorbike today and slid along the road when I should have been cornering. I'm okay save for a swollen ankle and a shoulder that's stiff in some directions. The bike still runs and still rolls just fine but this happened at night time so I wasn't happy to ride away without being able to inspect the bike properly. I got a friend of mine to take it to their house in a trailer and we'll look at it on Tuesday when it's light.

I think it's going to be expensive to replace some of the parts.
👉👉🥜🏠

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:37 am

minty wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:18 pm
I'm doing a little better today. I'm trying to write a letter to explain my situation. I tried calling the post office yesterday but they said there was nothing they could do, but I could try calling again Monday. I'll also try phoning the courthouse.

I find I've been neglecting myself a bit, I haven't taken medication for two days. So I'll try to be more careful.
I’m rooting for you, if it helps.
West Filly wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:41 pm
I lost control of my motorbike today and slid along the road when I should have been cornering. I'm okay save for a swollen ankle and a shoulder that's stiff in some directions. The bike still runs and still rolls just fine but this happened at night time so I wasn't happy to ride away without being able to inspect the bike properly. I got a friend of mine to take it to their house in a trailer and we'll look at it on Tuesday when it's light.

I think it's going to be expensive to replace some of the parts.
Oh man, that suck. :fluttersmith:

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:51 am

https://m.wikihow.com/Get-Out-of-Jury-Duty

Also there is a 50/50 chance you won't get called in but this should help

minty

Post by minty (?) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:55 pm

Thanks for everyone's support. After all that worry? I got dismissed. Hurray!

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:58 pm

minty wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:55 pm
Woot! And at the very least you know what to do if you get jury duty summons again

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:00 am

minty wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:55 pm
:yay: That’s great!

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:50 am

I honestly don't know how I'm going to make it by the end of the month. I've got 3:bills coming up, I'm spending way too much on food for me and my family because we are homeless and can't store food, I haven't been making any money, I'm barely ending h night with enough money for gas. I feel my only solution is to essentially overdraft my bank account several hundred dollars just so I can come out for the end of the month

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:26 pm

"I don't do people wrong" "I never rip people off" "I'm Christian, it's against my morals" blah blah blah fucking blog

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:22 am

I think my 21-year-old car has finally hit the point where it's not worth repairing. I'd rather just donate it to charity, get a little tax deduction, and use public transportation or my partner's car than pay 3 times what the car is worth just to get it running again.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:47 pm

I’ve been running to the restroom all evening :bluh: not a big deal, but I’d like it to stop.

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:07 pm

So my unemployment is running out next week, and Massachusetts won't offer me an extension. My only option is to wait until December 15 when I can open another claim because I got laid off earlier this year. Which means that I am going to have ZERO income coming in for at least a month, maybe longer.

Of course my mom doesn't help. She thinks I can just get a part time job immediately and everything will be okay, but no employer works like that.

I have another interview tomorrow, but if I get a part time job, I'm gonna have to start planning my job hunting around my part time one. And then if I go back on unemployment in December, I will have to report that income and get penalized for working part time.

I would have been better off having my medical issues kill me when my dad died. At least then I wouldn't be a fucking burden on my entire family. :cry:
Last edited by Snowfire on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Name: Tammy

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:20 pm

What do you mean by help? Money? You didn't post a Paypal link or anything.

Were or are there any work placement programs from the unemployment agency? Can you get food stamps or go to a local food programme to at least have something to eat?

Also why would the part time job end in December? Is it explicitly a position that would only last 3 weeks?

Your mom is still a very cruel person, I have to say. Considering everything you've told us about her over the years, she seems purposely ignorant of the reality of things, and especially of your needs. You're not a burden or a waste, and as far as I'm concerned, a parent who makes you feel that way on a regular basis is seriously failing you.

Please seek help if you are seriously entertaining the scenario of death. You're in a tough spot that you don't deserve, and around a person who is treating you like dirt. It's awful, and I feel for you. But death is not the preferrable option, it never is. There is still chance for improvement of your current situation - With death, there isn't. Don't let your mom's cruelty mislead you on this. Cut her out and remember that there is a life for you, with better chances and better people.

I'm really rooting for you. I know it's easy for me to say this because all I got are written words on the internet, but I really hope you don't give up, as tempting as it might be. Things can and will be better than this.
Image /// Image /// Image

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:08 pm

Perrydotto wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:20 pm
What do you mean by help? Money? You didn't post a Paypal link or anything.
Forget I said anything. I don't need my Mom finding out about "strangers on the Internet" giving me money so I have to hear THAT lecture too.
Were or are there any work placement programs from the unemployment agency? Can you get food stamps or go to a local food programme to at least have something to eat?
I've been using the Massachusetts JobQuest website to find work all along, but I don't think there are any work placement programs for computer programmers. I have reached out to former bosses and haven't found anyone who can help. I haven't looked into food stamps yet, but food isn't really something I'm worried about because I can always go to my Mom's house to eat. I'm more worried about the bills I'll need to pay (rent, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone... it all adds up to well over $1000 per month).
Also why would the part time job end in December? Is it explicitly a position that would only last 3 weeks?
No, it would, of course, last for longer, but what I was getting at is that unemployment punishes me for working and earning money.

Before I was getting $280 per week after taxes from unemployment (when not working). If I reapply in December for unemployment and I get back on it, I would be getting unemployment money AND the part time job money at least. Massachusetts requires you to report ALL income that you earned for each week you claim, so if I earned $150 from my part time job, instead of $280 from unemployment, I would only get $130. Unless I found a part time job where they paid me under the table and I didn't have to report it.

And like I said, that's not including the fact that I would now have to do job hunting while working around a part time job, whereas before I could just schedule interviews whenever.
Your mom is still a very cruel person, I have to say. Considering everything you've told us about her over the years, she seems purposely ignorant of the reality of things, and especially of your needs. You're not a burden or a waste, and as far as I'm concerned, a parent who makes you feel that way on a regular basis is seriously failing you.
Funny thing is, my brother and sister are currently not speaking to her (or me for that matter but I have no idea why), so she keeps reminding me how much I do for her and how I'm her favorite child. So if I try to distance myself, she will have no one left except her boyfriend (fiancee at this point, I didn't post about that...).

I forgot to mention she also told me today that I am just "not putting enough effort in". It was unclear whether she meant in job hunting or my appearance. She constantly tells me I look like shit if I have even a TINY bit of facial hair and DEMANDS that I shave EVERY DAY, even though she doesn't see me every day. She thinks that if I forget to shave one day and have an interview, they will not hire me because my face will, to quote her, "look like Pigpen from Peanuts".
Please seek help if you are seriously entertaining the scenario of death. You're in a tough spot that you don't deserve, and around a person who is treating you like dirt. It's awful, and I feel for you. But death is not the preferrable option, it never is. There is still chance for improvement of your current situation - With death, there isn't. Don't let your mom's cruelty mislead you on this. Cut her out and remember that there is a life for you, with better chances and better people.
I don't know if I'm there yet. I would have to have my mom no longer be around (so I couldn't move back in with her), and be homeless to even consider it. I know that's not what I should be saying, but I'm fucking 32 years old, and my life has gone nowhere. My brother and sister have full time jobs and are actually not asking my mom for money every week to eat like I am. I'm supposed to be the oldest. I'm supposed to be the provider for my family now that my dad is gone (maybe not financially but as the "man of the family" figure), and I have failed utterly at that.
I'm really rooting for you. I know it's easy for me to say this because all I got are written words on the internet, but I really hope you don't give up, as tempting as it might be. Things can and will be better than this.
Your words always mean a lot to me Perry. :flutterunsmith: I just don't know how this is going to end up. I can still kind of see a light at the end of the tunnel, but it's getting a lot dimmer.

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:51 am

I don't really have a great knowledge of any of this stuff, so forgive me if this is all stuff you know/are doing.

You mentioned unemployment and that your medical bills are like $1000 a month. That makes me worry you aren't taking advantage of medical-focused help. I did a search for Chron's medicaid and stumbled upon a page suggesting that "You may qualify to receive social security disability insurance (SSDI) benefits". If you haven't already exhausted medicaid/SSDI/special local programs, I'd definitely recommend putting the time in to research everything and to post somewhere else (on medical forums?) to find out if there's an option not easy to find by blind searching. I hope there's something that could help out.

If you want part time programming work, another option is to use your resume and/or portfolio and advertise programming commissions. Also, I don't know if it was a legal requirement or something, but if possible I would not limit yourself to the JobQuest website in search for regular part-time programming work. Especially if you're telecommuting, the job might not even need to be in your state.

If/when you do get interviews, it's annoying but you want to "check all the boxes" so you don't get cut for a silly reason. Make sure your resume has no typos, make sure your face is well groomed (and for many, not shaving for a single day is enough to get you out of that zone) etc. I'd look up lists of this stuff on the internet to refresh my memory. To be clear, I am not saying this is any evidence in favor of your mother; it really sounds like she's not treating you with basic respect you deserve.
Snowfire wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:08 pm
I'm supposed to be the oldest. I'm supposed to be the provider for my family now that my dad is gone (maybe not financially but as the "man of the family" figure), and I have failed utterly at that.
This is a useless expectation to have (maybe put in you by your emotionally manipulative mother?). Like any person, you're supposed to do the best you can for yourself and those you care about.

If "the best you can" is less than your siblings' due to medical issues, that's not your fault. And I don't know if this is the case, but if your mother isn't a person you care about (much?), that's fine, too.
ImageImageImage Very math.

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:30 am

diribigal wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:51 am
I don't really have a great knowledge of any of this stuff, so forgive me if this is all stuff you know/are doing.

You mentioned unemployment and that your medical bills are like $1000 a month. That makes me worry you aren't taking advantage of medical-focused help. I did a search for Chron's medicaid and stumbled upon a page suggesting that "You may qualify to receive social security disability insurance (SSDI) benefits". If you haven't already exhausted medicaid/SSDI/special local programs, I'd definitely recommend putting the time in to research everything and to post somewhere else (on medical forums?) to find out if there's an option not easy to find by blind searching. I hope there's something that could help out.

If you want part time programming work, another option is to use your resume and/or portfolio and advertise programming commissions. Also, I don't know if it was a legal requirement or something, but if possible I would not limit yourself to the JobQuest website in search for regular part-time programming work. Especially if you're telecommuting, the job might not even need to be in your state.

If/when you do get interviews, it's annoying but you want to "check all the boxes" so you don't get cut for a silly reason. Make sure your resume has no typos, make sure your face is well groomed (and for many, not shaving for a single day is enough to get you out of that zone) etc. I'd look up lists of this stuff on the internet to refresh my memory. To be clear, I am not saying this is any evidence in favor of your mother; it really sounds like she's not treating you with basic respect you deserve.

This is a useless expectation to have (maybe put in you by your emotionally manipulative mother?). Like any person, you're supposed to do the best you can for yourself and those you care about.

If "the best you can" is less than your siblings' due to medical issues, that's not your fault. And I don't know if this is the case, but if your mother isn't a person you care about (much?), that's fine, too.
I have tried applying for disability twice and they have turned me down twice. I can't apply again for a few months.

My medical bills aren't $1000 per month. My OTHER bills are. My rent, my car insurance, my health insurance, my student loan payment... They all need to get paid.

I had my resume professionally proofread so there are no errors. I also clean up and shave before EVERY interview. Don't know why my mom thinks I don't.

I already am helping someone with their website part time and getting paid under the table for that, but she doesn't always need my help, and I'm not going to charge her if I am not working on the website.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Well I'm going to lose the RV that's been in storage. It doesn't really run, and I can't find a storage facility nearby. The storage it's in is going to have it towed so yeah terrific

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:09 pm

I got a surprise bill out of nowhere for $96.49, and they’re refusing to let me argue it down any further. So I have to come up with almost $100 on my own before December 14th, and I’m broke and unemployed. Great.

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:46 pm

Ugh. That sucks :c

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:16 pm

Princess Flufflebutt wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:46 pm
Ugh. That sucks :c
It can be taken care of. It’s just annoying when your insurance declines something, but it takes them a year to get around to billing you for a procedure. My mom’s had it happen, too (she just got a bill a couple of weeks ago for a test she had done in August of 2017).

Bureaucracy in action. :bluh:

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:55 am

I've had it happen too, and no matter how much I argue to the credit bearuea I cannot get it off my report. I KNOW it was payed for, but nope LabCorp insists it wasnt

Bigdog
implied

Post by Bigdog (?) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:20 pm

Someone I care deeply about seems to be having a really rough time and, at the risk of thinking everything's about me, I worry that I might have had something to do with it.

If they read this, I hope they know that they can always reach out to me if it's an emergency or if they need support. Notwithstanding any problems I myself might be having.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:52 pm

I really wish I hadn't stopped going to therapy. Unfortunately with the shit I had going on with the DHS and shit, I had to stop going to the therapist I'd been seeing for a few months and MAKING PROGRESS. Progress I had no idea I'd needed, hell depression was a thing I was getting over, I now know how to slow if not stop anxiety attacks . But NOOOOO a fucking asshole judge and evil social workers told me I HAD to get a new therapist in a shit city. So I had to start from fucking scratch. And now that the case is closed. And I'm not going to THAT therapist that'd 60 miles away, if I want to go to therapy which I KNOW I NEED considering the episode I'd had recently and the fact that I'm SEVERLY depressed about spending this and every Christmas for the next 10 years without my daughter, I'll have to start from scratch AGAIN. Make a connection with a whole new person, someone who idk if I can trust. Because my therapist that I LOVED got her degree in child psychology and now Only sees CHILDREN.

I have been screwed over by everyone. At the very least I'm not ALONE but... I'm still ALONE.

stonecutter

Re: PYF: Post things that Happened!

Post by stonecutter (?) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:55 am

My laptop died unexpectedly right around Thanksgiving! :flail:
Fortunately a couple of friends were able to help me get a replacement not too long afterward. :yay:

Before sending said replacement, one of those friends (kingcheetah/Shon Howell; some of you might remember him from earlier in the fandom) finds out he has liver cancer! :gonkity:
So, right now Shon is with his family and will hopefully start treatment soon.

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Re: PYF: Post things that Happened!

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:19 am

stonecutter wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:55 am
Before sending said replacement, one of those friends (kingcheetah/Shon Howell; some of you might remember him from earlier in the fandom) finds out he has liver cancer! :gonkity:
So, right now Shon is with his family and will hopefully start treatment soon.
I was literally reading Shon's report on FA just now.

Hoping for the best. He did a drawing of one of my characters for me, which I have hanging on my wall.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:06 am

Moved the post, since a friend having a cancer diagnosis is a bit heavy for the happy things thread.

Really rooting for him and you, stonecutter.
Image /// Image /// Image

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:18 pm

I pissed someone off on social media because I made a bad joke so I’m not really inclined to post on there anymore. It makes me scared and upset every time O screw up and then I have trouble doing anything for days. :fluttersmith:

I suck at social interaction and I don’t enjoy it at all, so why do I even bother.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:07 pm

So I just found out that everything meaningful I gave my daughter was taken away and just thrown away. A guitar I restored because she loves music, a jewelry box that was given to me at her age and a locket with our pictures. They also changed her name and will not use her first name ever. She's also probably being told how much I hate her and didn't want her, didn't care. It hurts cuz now it probably wouldn't matter in 10 years if I try to find her cuz she wouldn't exist or even want to be found. Idk what I'm supposed to do with this information. But it just piles on the amount of stress I'm under. Chronic pain, crippling debt, sleeping out in he cold cuz I can't even afford one night at a hotel, let alone get into a apartment. I'm just a horrible faillure at all aspects of life..
Last edited by Sailor Yue on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:52 pm

Good lord, that's heinous.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:34 pm

That’s fucking awful.

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:34 am

I'm not even sure why I bother trying... I don't think I'm ever going to get out of this bottomless situation... Forever sleeping in my car, not even making enough money to buy Essentials like clean clothes showers or something other than a dollar burger at McDonalds she's definitely feeling of being the worst Christmas in my entire life I don't know what I'm supposed to do how to fix it my situation

Sailor Yue
Hnnnggggghhhhh

Post by Sailor Yue (?) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:57 am

I haven't had a decent night's sleep cu it gets so cold at night and sleeping in the car with only a couple of blankets to keep you warm is not healthy. I fucking hate this

Bigdog
implied

Post by Bigdog (?) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Sailor Yue wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:57 am
I haven't had a decent night's sleep cu it gets so cold at night and sleeping in the car with only a couple of blankets to keep you warm is not healthy. I fucking hate this
I'm so sorry. :( I wish I had something more to say.

Perpetual Motion

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:22 pm

So, right as our New Year's festivities started, we discovered that our basement was flooding. I volunteered to stay down here and mop it up every few minutes, since I don't have any friends over for the party. Shit sucks, though. We're going to have to throw a bunch of carpet away and dig up the front lawn to fix the drainage, and since it's the holidays, who knows how quickly we'll be able to have it fixed. In the meantime, we have to keep watch as long as it's raining, and it's not likely to stop til morning.

Perpetual Motion

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:50 am

Rain stopped way earlier than expected, so that's a relief. In the end the only actual damage is the carpet we were planning on getting rid of anyway, and whatever we have to do to the property to make sure it doesn't happen again (which admittedly does suck a lot since it'll undo all the landscaping my parents just put a lot of money into doing). So things could have been worse, and I got to watch the ball drop with actual people instead of babysitting the leaks, and that's something to be thankful for.