OK! Hopefully they won’t ruin Mac/Belle otherwise they’d have to alter their smooch in the opening credits.
• Gee, if only there was someone in the room who could produce heat at will, a dragon or something like that.
• If Discord has a genuine romantic crush on Fluttershy, that would be ... I dunno, seems inappropriate somehow.
• And now the CMC are here?! This episode’s got everyone.
• Oh! It’s wacky misunderstanding time!
Lord, what fools these ponies be.
• “Did I just hear that shrubbery say ‘hush’?”
• Big Mac drowning his sorrows
• That IS some top-notch leaning though.
• Skeleanor is new best pony
“I hide from it!”
• Mrs. Cake is no dummy. She knows how this romantic-comedy bullshit goes.
• I just realized, Sweetie Belle is going to be crushed
when she realizes. Like, Charlie Brown crushed.
• Lyra and Bon-Bon: still best couple.
• “But we worked so hard on this chart” is somehow the funniest line of the episode.
• I wonder if Pinkie Pie knows she’s getting a new coworker. I wish Four Pies and a Cake was still going.
• Well, Sweetie Belle took that rather well! Unless there’s a post-credits sequence where she’s bawling and scarfing ice cream. In fact, I’m just gonna go ahead and make that my headcanon. And ... done.
This one was really fun. There was a structure and a piling up of shenanigans that felt like it went somewhere!