Derpy Delivery (game)

here a forum about pony (Friendship is Magic Discussion)

Moderators: Venusy, Perrydotto, Dexanth

Derpy Delivery (game)

Post by Westy543 (?) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:51 am

Get it here! http://www.hamalonesandwich.com/derpydelivery/

---
Old info I cba to edit.
---
Or click here and get the (OUTDATED) Windows 0.0 Distributable!
It's a very basic box physics simulator in which you can also spawn balloons... at least for right now. It's in like pre-alpha.
Arrow keys to move, R for balloons.

PICTURES

Title screen

I maed a "d" for "derpy." DERPY IS THE TOP

Hit R for balloons. I managed to hit 9 FPS!

Keep your eyes posted. :O
Edit: I emailed the developer. Maybe he'll stop by or something. :)
Last edited by Westy543 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Image   :chillin:  
Twitch stream status: Image
blasmeister wrote:In other news today will be hella boring because Westy literally murdered fun.
Westy543
confido autem in lunae lumen
Night Mares
  • Website
  • Website

Post by Dead Pony (?) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:59 am

I am Dead Horse and I approve of this OP. :v:
Dead Pony
rapid rapid rapid rapid rapid Individuals
Semper Pie

Post by Willsun (?) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:53 am

Carrying some deliveries! What a hard working po-

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

:derp: :derp: :derp:
Willsun
Dogs are also cool.
Applejack Aces
  • Website

Post by Dead Pony (?) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:00 am

Oh, the ponyity.

:gonkity: Why, Willsun? Whyyyy?
Dead Pony
Semper Pie

Post by Willsun (?) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:18 am

I failed.

Willsun
Dogs are also cool.
Applejack Aces
  • Website

Post by WalrusWhiskers (?) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:39 pm

This is awesome. Can't wait for the full game.

My god, it's full of balloons!
WalrusWhiskers
Gummy cuts a mean rug.
Semper Pie

Post by Westy543 (?) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:42 pm

:pinkietoot: the developer responded to my email. He said he'd drop by IRC later tonight! :awesomedash:
blasmeister wrote:In other news today will be hella boring because Westy literally murdered fun.
Westy543
Night Mares
  • Website
  • Website

Post by Snakebite (?) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Lol the concept is hilarious, this is going to be great!

Winwinwin.
Snakebite
Suck a hookah
Faithful Students
  • Website
Post by Dead Pony (?) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:00 am

We shall never forget.
Dead Pony
Semper Pie

Post by Grit (?) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:37 am

Dead Pony wrote:We shall never forget.

Haha, that is fantastic.

Glad to see some people have taken an interest in this despite their being so little substance at the moment! I'm going to try and push a new version in the next two days that should have the introductory stage complete (which unfortunately features no box-pushing shenanigans :fluttersmith:), along with Mac and Unix binaries for non Windows users who don't know how to run from source. I'll try to hop in IRC tomorrow.
Grit
#!

Post by KillerJunglist (?) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:32 am

Grit wrote:Haha, that is fantastic.

Glad to see some people have taken an interest in this despite their being so little substance at the moment! I'm going to try and push a new version in the next two days that should have the introductory stage complete (which unfortunately features no box-pushing shenanigans :fluttersmith:), along with Mac and Unix binaries for non Windows users who don't know how to run from source. I'll try to hop in IRC tomorrow.

Well so far it is fantastic, even just pushing boxes around and getting rained on by balloons. Keep up the good work, I know I'm looking forward to seeing what the game proper will be like!

Oh, and welcome to Ponygoons!
ImageImageImageImageImage
KillerJunglist
Winds in the east, mist coming in,
Like somethin' is brewin' and bout to begin.
Can't put me finger on what lies in store,
But I fear what's to happen all happened before.

Still Emperor of the Nerds
Stare Masters

Post by Westy543 (?) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:43 am

Grit wrote:Glad to see some people have taken an interest in this despite their being so little substance at the moment! I'm going to try and push a new version in the next two days that should have the introductory stage complete (which unfortunately features no box-pushing shenanigans :fluttersmith:), along with Mac and Unix binaries for non Windows users who don't know how to run from source. I'll try to hop in IRC tomorrow.

Hey I see you found your way here! Welcome to the forums! :D That's good news. :)

PS Dead_Horse, I love 9/11 Derpy. :D
Westy543
Night Mares
  • Website
  • Website

Post by I Ran So Far Away (?) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:35 am

Grit wrote:Glad to see some people have taken an interest in this despite their being so little substance at the moment! I'm going to try and push a new version in the next two days that should have the introductory stage complete (which unfortunately features no box-pushing shenanigans :fluttersmith:), along with Mac and Unix binaries for non Windows users who don't know how to run from source. I'll try to hop in IRC tomorrow.

It looks awesome so far, I'm excited to see a full game coming out of this!
“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”
—Winston Churchill
I Ran So Far Away
No no no, ya gotta recover counter sixte after the time thrust in quarte, sugarcube.
DJ Pon-E

Post by Snakebite (?) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Dead Pony wrote:We shall never forget.

You made my day, good sir. :)
Snakebite
Suck a hookah
Faithful Students
  • Website
Post by Grit (?) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:56 am

:dearcelestia:
http://www.hamalonesandwich.com
Allllllright, enjoy the meager first stage, it doesn't complete yet so once you return all 3 letters it would be over. Let me know if you run into any problems!
I'm looking for some talented or untalented musical types to help me out with music, if you check out the bottom of the webpage it has a probably sickeningly awkward attempt at trying to get my thoughts across.
Grit
#!

Post by Redeye (?) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:14 am

Grit wrote::dearcelestia:
Allllllright, enjoy the meager first stage, it doesn't complete yet so once you return all 3 letters it would be over. Let me know if you run into any problems!
I'm looking for some talented or untalented musical types to help me out with music, if you check out the bottom of the webpage it has a probably sickeningly awkward attempt at trying to get my thoughts across.

I am desperately sorry it took me so long to notice this post and approve it.
Redeye
I was a fan of ponies BEFORE it was cool
Special Flowers

Post by Wulfolme (?) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:22 am

Grit wrote::dearcelestia:

Those are actually exactly the kind of thing one needs to know what kind of stuff to write.

Got a quick little end of level fanfare for ya, just a happy midi piano. :pinkietoot:

I can send you an ogg if ya like it, or make it with a different instrument if you wish.
Wulfolme
DJ Pon-E

Post by Ponyshift (?) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:02 am

This is great!

I can't make music but if there is any other way of helping, I'm sure I and others would lend a hand!
ImageImage
Ponyshift
Semper Pie

Post by Willsun (?) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:23 am

I like the first stage but I think you made the boxes too small to stack. :derp:

DERPY DISCOVERED A MOUNT, LET'S RIDE :black101:
Last edited by Willsun on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willsun
Dogs are also cool.
Applejack Aces
  • Website

Post by Westy543 (?) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:24 am

Updated OP. Also, I crash when hitting escape. :( Also, just some feedback; perhaps the first line of the cinematic should have "(Press <key> to scroll text)" in it? I was a bit lost at first. Maybe have the mail stallion be like "Push <key> to pick up mail, in case you forgot again, Derpy."

Keep up the great work! :)
Westy543
Night Mares
  • Website
  • Website

Post by Grit (?) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Wulfolme wrote:I can send you an ogg if ya like it, or make it with a different instrument if you wish.

That'd be great.

Willsun wrote:I like the first stage but I think you made the boxes too small to stack. :derp:

Haha, the next stage will be much more open so their should be more stuff to play around with; more chaos to wreak on the ponies of ponyville if you so choose. :ohgawd:

Westy543 wrote:Also, I crash when hitting escape. :(

I've only managed to reproduce this when escaping out of the options menu on the title screen, is it at any time? Look in your directory and see if there is an exceptions.txt file, post the contents or email it to me if you do.

Also, just some feedback; perhaps the first line of the cinematic should have "(Press <key> to scroll text)" in it? I was a bit lost at first. Maybe have the mail stallion be like "Push <key> to pick up mail, in case you forgot again, Derpy."

Yeah, I think I'll have a little key indicator at the bottom right of the dialog window with what key to press. I'll polish up the dialog a bit too.
Grit
#!

Post by kefkafloyd (?) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Hey Grit,

This looks great so far. It's like a hi-fi Commodore game. Well done. :yay:
kefkafloyd
Welcome to the forums, posters! What can I get you? Avatars? Signatures? Rare gangtags of American Presidents?
Rarity's Roughnecks
  • Website
Post by Grit (?) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Grit wrote:I've only managed to reproduce this when escaping out of the options menu on the title screen, is it at any time? Look in your directory and see if there is an exceptions.txt file, post the contents or email it to me if you do.

Nevermind about sending me the exception, pretty sure I found the problem!

kefkafloyd wrote:Hey Grit,
This looks great so far. It's like a hi-fi Commodore game. Well done. :yay:

Thanks!

I just got non-keyboard peripherals/custom control bindings working, it plays surprisingly well on my gamepad.
Grit
#!

Post by Grit (?) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

:yay:
Alright after way too long 0.02.00 is up. There are a few glitches and graphical issues still. I'm deploying a project this week at work so next weekends update will probably just fix those and add some more ponies to the stage.

Let me know if you have any problems.
Grit
#!

Post by I Ran So Far Away (?) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:37 pm

It's awesome, but I failed and couldn't find the mailbag :derp: but I did manage to make Applebloom sad and Lyra cry!
“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”
—Winston Churchill
I Ran So Far Away
No no no, ya gotta recover counter sixte after the time thrust in quarte, sugarcube.
DJ Pon-E

Post by Captain Dinky (?) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:51 pm

Grit wrote::yay:
Alright after way too long 0.02.00 is up. There are a few glitches and graphical issues still. I'm deploying a project this week at work so next weekends update will probably just fix those and add some more ponies to the stage.

Let me know if you have any problems.

:flutterdear: I didnt kill Dr Whooves did I? ....He can just regenerate right?

Right?

Why was he even up there thats so dangerous. Hes not even a pegasus.
Captain Dinky
Music brings wings to the mind,
flight to the imagination,
soul to the universe,
and life to everything.
Rainbow Racers

Post by Westy543 (?) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:54 pm

Excellent! Sometimes if I alt tab from the options menu, it'll crash. Also, X is select and Z seems to be back (despite what it says on hamalonesandwich).

OH GOSH I KILLED DR. WHOOVES :gonkity:

I SEE THEM AND I WANT THEM

I'm good... right?

Okay, so I almost got a perfect score. It's too hard to find your way into class without disrupting it. :(
Last edited by Westy543 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Westy543
Night Mares
  • Website
  • Website

Post by Snakebite (?) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:57 pm

I Ran So Far Away wrote:It's awesome, but I failed and couldn't find the mailbag :derp: but I did manage to make Applebloom sad and Lyra cry!

I found the mailbag, but it was on fire and I had to stomp on it... which I did, but I failed. :fluttersmith:

Here, have some Twilight-zone:

Snakebite
Suck a hookah
Faithful Students
  • Website
Post by Westy543 (?) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:02 am

Snakebite wrote:Here, have some Twilight-zone:

I'LL SAVE YOU BOX
Westy543
Night Mares
  • Website
  • Website

Post by Grit (?) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:36 am

Westy543 wrote:Sometimes if I alt tab from the options menu, it'll crash.

:drpony: Hmm yes I see the problem!

Westy543 wrote:Also, X is select and Z seems to be back (despite what it says on hamalonesandwich).

:v: Silly me!

Snakebite wrote:I found the mailbag, but it was on fire and I had to stomp on it... which I did, but I failed.

That just means you'll get a different Stage 3 cut scene! And ultimately a different ending (depending on your performance in other stages as well).
Grit
#!

Post by reidransom (?) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:31 am

Is it possible to deliver mail to the ponies on stage 2 or does it always end after saving the mailbag?
Image :milkshake:
reidransom
Rainbow Racers

Post by Grit (?) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:45 am

reidransom wrote:Is it possible to deliver mail to the ponies on stage 2 or does it always end after saving the mailbag?

The mailbag event will always trigger the end of the stage, so you will need to deliver the mail before hand. I'm thinking I might make it so you have to carry the mailbag out of the stage to the right to trigger the end, if you're inclined to find the mailbag first and want to go exploring.
Grit
#!

Post by reidransom (?) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:02 am

Ah, I thought you had to collect the mailbag before you could deliver.
Image :milkshake:
reidransom
Rainbow Racers

Post by Willsun (?) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:34 am

Is it just me or is the latest Windows version not working? I mean, it might be because I recently reformatted my desktop but I imagine all I needed was the latest DirectX to play it. I reinstalled with the DirectX link provided and it still doesn't run when I open up the application titled "run."
Willsun
Dogs are also cool.
Applejack Aces
  • Website

Post by Emtu (?) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:22 am

You also need Python, or at least I assume you do since it appears to be written in Python.
ImageImage
Emtu
Well, having read many mystery novels, I know that the only way to discover the culprit is to investigate.

Exactly!

Post by Grit (?) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:19 am

Willsun wrote:Is it just me or is the latest Windows version not working? I mean, it might be because I recently reformatted my desktop but I imagine all I needed was the latest DirectX to play it. I reinstalled with the DirectX link provided and it still doesn't run when I open up the application titled "run."

Check in the directory for a file called exceptions.txt and email its contents to me: stillusingirc@gmail.com. If the file isn't there open command prompt, navigate to the directory and type run.exe. Printscreen the output and email that to me.

Emtu wrote:You also need Python, or at least I assume you do since it appears to be written in Python.

It is written in (the most disgusting I've ever written :gonkity: ) python, but the windows download has a built in interpreter.
Grit
#!

Post by Willsun (?) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:05 am

Oops, forgot to reply in here that yes, after I installed Python it ran fine. But how in tarnation do I put a fire out? I just get sent to the TWILIGHT ZOOOOOONE after the timer runs out.
Willsun
Dogs are also cool.
Applejack Aces
  • Website

Post by I Ran So Far Away (?) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:10 am

Willsun wrote:Oops, forgot to reply in here that yes, after I installed Python it ran fine. But how in tarnation do I put a fire out? I just get sent to the TWILIGHT ZOOOOOONE after the timer runs out.

Just stomp on it :derp:

Also, why does Derpy have a hookah?
—Winston Churchill
I Ran So Far Away
DJ Pon-E

Post by Ponder (?) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:48 pm

I Ran So Far Away wrote:Just stomp on it :derp:

Also, why does Derpy have a hookah?

Derpy knows how to chill.
Ponder
Minty Murderer
  • Website

Post by Grit (?) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Willsun wrote:Oops, forgot to reply in here that yes, after I installed Python it ran fine.

Hm. If you still have it would you mind sending me the exceptions.txt file anyway?

I Ran So Far Away wrote:Also, why does Derpy have a hookah?

Blowing bubbles... :pinkieshrug: ...blowing smoke!
Grit
#!

Next

Return to General Ponies