Holy smokes you guys, it’s a landmark! I’m finally at the midpoint of S9!
Let’s see what our frieeeeeeeends
are up to:
• And we open with Applejack’s livelihood being eaten by a turtle.
This is definitely the show I remember.
“All the times we actually needed their help, and they show up for this?
” Ha ha, perfect.
• Oh god, the princesses are having their 3000-year midlife crisis.
• It’s goofy watching the princesses pull these big hammy faces, but I guess that’s part of the point.
• Wait, Gail Simone????!????
• shampoo anteaters
• Hey cool, are we actually gonna see the sun/moon raising process?
• I’m thinking the Royal Swannifying is the equivalent of green M&Ms in the rock band hotel room: the real purpose is to see if your requests are being followed.
• Also at first I thought it was “Royal Swattifying” or perhaps “Royal SWATifying”, either of which would have been rad.
• PRINCESS SONG
• Ha ha ha, of course there’s pony Wicked.
• I assume the cover of Luna’s book is a reference to something but I don’t recognize it.
• I am totally Luna on vacations. Girlfriend, I get you.
• Oh shit, the Swannifying is a huge deal to the elite. Probably some massive grift opportunities for the 1%ers. It’s Game of Swans up in here.
“Ponies ask me ‘So what’s your
nightmare?’ And I say ‘Two non-refundable bungee reservations.’”
• Swans, geese’s only rival for terribleness.
• “But Doctor, I am
Ponigliacci.” Good joke. Everypony laugh. Curtains.
• Ha, they’re Canterlot-voicing at each other.
• Nothing would make me happier than a musical number about the magic of delegating. (EDIT: but we did not get one)
• That princess parachute logo is wonderful! Well, there’s another sentence I never expected to write.
• That’s a thing?
• For some reason, I think “I’m not copying you! I just wanted to watch the sunrise” was delivered super well. Tabitha’s doing just an ordinary voice in this scene and it’s really neat to hear it from Luna’s mouth.
• Aww, really nice reconciliation scene, followed by really funny ending gag. A strong finish!