S09E15: 2,4,6, Greaaat

Episode, movie, and comic book discussion threads are kept here once they have been released.

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

Wayoshi
Paper Fluts
Stare Masters

S09E15: 2,4,6, Greaaat

Post by Wayoshi (?) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:32 pm

When the School of Friendship starts a buckball team, Rainbow Dash has to come to terms with the fact that she'll be coaching the cheerleading team instead.
This thread is for discussion of the episode. This episode airs at 11:30 Eastern / 8:30 Pacific on Saturday, August 10!

Official preview clips and images are okay to post, as is speculation about the episode. Spoilers from non-US releases are NOT OK to post. *Including the early DF app release this time

Early spoiler thread: http://www.roundstable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=98325

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Re: S09E15: 2,4,6, Greaaat

Post by Aramek (?) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:51 am

Dash has spent this whole episode being a complete
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:00 pm

Oh she pulled it off, good.
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:12 pm

I suppose some things never change, do they? Rainbow Dash has always been strongly self-centered as I've seen her, so for her to extend consideration for other things via other people strikes me as a big deal. At any rate, I do admire the enthusiasm she is able to show, and that Twilight Sparkle was able to see it in her and bring it out thusly.

Zen master Snails never fails to make me laugh, and I laughed way too hard as well at Applejack's mundane suggestion that hay would help the cheerleading routine.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:13 pm

I wasn't wild about this one. The lesson was good, and Smolder continues to be best pony, but Rainbow was awful, and looping through the cheer routine over, and over, and over again got old before the big performance.

Niels Olof
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Niels Olof (?) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:29 pm

Snips being the voice of reason, Snails being the voice of wisdom. How far we have come.

I enjoyed this episode. The new dance ponies were quite delightful, and I thought that Rainbow Dash was in character throughout.
The lesson was on point and Smolder being the one setting RD straight was a nice touch. Also, that outfit is quite fetching on the dragon.
In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libroEverywhere I sought tranquility but found it nowhere save in a corner with a book

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:31 pm

I thought this was pretty good. I'm a student fan, so it's always nice to see them in an episode. They looked cute in thier cheerleader outfits. And of course I have to give Ocellus props for her cheer. Image

Smoulder was very good in this. I think she plays an important role in keeping characters grounded. Spike has done this too - maybe it's a dragon thing. Image

I got a kick out of Celestia's battle cry and Yona's power stomps.
Image ("Don't try to reform me, Hag, because I'm made of cold stone.")

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:36 pm

I didn't really care for this one. I think we've moved on from Dash being an jerk.

It feels like once again they failed to utilize the school setting to show how much the Mane 6 have grown. Instead, Dash once again has to learn not to be a jerk.

As a Wonderbolt, Dash knows how much an enthusiastic crowd helped. This could have been a chance for her to bring her talents to a dejected cheer squad and actually show the students learning for once, rather than knowing everything and having to teach the teachers.

Niels Olof
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Niels Olof (?) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:07 pm

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libroEverywhere I sought tranquility but found it nowhere save in a corner with a book

Captain Rufus
Faithful Students

Post by Captain Rufus (?) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:18 am

Niels Olof wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:07 pm
WOOOOORLLLLLLLDDDD STARRRRRRRR. :pcstare:

Mechanical Ape
Not slim, definitely shady

Post by Mechanical Ape (?) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:26 pm

OK, time for what looks like a Rainbow Dash episode! :v:

• Celestia’s not a jock! Celestia’s clique is the Young Professionals/Student Council President group, you know the overachievers who wear suits and take Model UN way too seriously. Luna is chess club.
• Pinkie, Fluttershy, Snails, and now Rainbow Dash? That’s like 1.3 coaches per actual player.
• Naw dog, you should get Dash’s parents to coach the cheerleaders.
• Hey, a commercial starring Jay Johnston! He’s a funny guy. :good:
• Oh how nice, after 9 years Snips gets a personality trait. :money:
• Did you know that cheering squads started as unorganized hooligans just hollering from the sidelines to distract the players? It’s true!
• Japan would know how to do this right. There’d be an anime where cheerleading is The Most Important Thing In Life, literally a matter of life and death, also one member of the club would be a secret time traveler.
• Snips is the voice of reason. That’s where we’re at right now.
• Have we seen a unicorn levitate themselves, like Snails is doing here? Seems like that would come in handy a lot.
• I wonder if “nag” is offensive to horses.
• Gotta admit, Dash is acting pretty much how I do when I don’t want to do a job. :effort:
• Man, everyone’s reading Dash the riot act today. I mean she totally deserves it, but the kids are straight-up dissing her to her face. I expect Scootaloo’s gonna cameo for 10 seconds just to tell her she sucks.
• So Dash got motivated by framing the problem as a competition, basically. Checks out.
• Twilight’s teaching her stealth friendship lessons like a pro. :spoiler:

MINI-REVIEW: 2, 4, 6, 8? Eh, I’ll give it a 6.