S09E26: The Last Problem

Episode, movie, and comic book discussion threads are kept here once they have been released.

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

Headless Horse

Re: S09E26: The Last Problem

Post by Headless Horse (?) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:49 pm

Dal wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:47 pm
Like I said. I am that entitled asshole. The finale did a lot of things I’ve been dreading or have come to despise over the years and it hurts.

Also no one has brought up that Rarity probably became a crazy cat lady.
I doubt even she came close to Goldie Delicious in the end though.

ToastGhost
Big adventure's waiting.
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by ToastGhost (?) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:52 pm

I sobbed long and hard. It was good. :flutterunsmith:
ImageImageImage

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Headless Horse wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:37 pm
I'd rather they made us stare that reality in the face, even if for a second, than they avoided it altogether and left open the possibility that death and aging could be ignored or obviated in this world. By acknowledging it, too, they give those sadfic interpretations a bit of bedrock to stand on and a direction to go. Without it, those fics are just self-indulgent maudlin exercises in edginess. This is a world now where we've seen how realistic that future trajectory is, what kind of attitudes the characters have toward their daily lives, how time has and has not affected them. There's balance to it. There's compromise. And it's manageable. You can't get too crazy with it, like you could before.

Plus you know what, we're all ten years older too, and so are the kids who grew up watching this show. If it didn't touch on the very human question of aging it would be a pretty poor sendoff for all the fans of all age groups for whom the show and its friendship lessons have actually meant something, whether tongue-in-cheek or not.
I feel like this episode was exactly the opposite of the weepy sad stories. Yes, people grow up and start families and grow apart, but life does go on. New generations are born, and they get to live through all these adventures themselves. The future isn't just tearful Twilight crying at the graves of all her dead friends. And the reason they have to work to maintain those friendships? Because they've all got so much to do, families to raise, other friends to enjoy.

I've been struggling with the end of the show because these cartoon horses grew into amazing people, overcame their flaws, and now get to ride off into the sunset as their best selves. I haven't lived up to those goals. I've let so many opportunities pass me by, so many friendships grow cold. So I think it's natural for Twilight to struggle with this change, but it's inspiring that they all made it work anyway. And now I feel that pressure to say, "They grew and learned and loved. When will I get serious about making that happen?"

Dal
Praise the Sun
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dal (?) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:34 pm

SlateSlabrock wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:03 pm
I've been struggling with the end of the show because these cartoon horses grew into amazing people, overcame their flaws, and now get to ride off into the sunset as their best selves. I haven't lived up to those goals. I've let so many opportunities pass me by, so many friendships grow cold. So I think it's natural for Twilight to struggle with this change, but it's inspiring that they all made it work anyway. And now I feel that pressure to say, "They grew and learned and loved. When will I get serious about making that happen?"
I'm in the same boat. I hope you do it soon, as I'm at the point where things like that seem like an impossibility.
Undecided wrote:Every time you write a story I cant help but sigh, because I know Im gong to lose another man card.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:11 am

Hey, they fixed the castle.

Aaaand Spike wipe!

Lots of different creatures.

"A gold helmet? Sign me up!"

Ha ha no pressure just going to meet the goddess whooo

So this friendship thing is all bogus, right?!

Look! #1 Friend!

(By the way, Spike grew a lot more than Smolder.)

The moment her heart rips in half.

Newspaper articles

If only they had some sort of non-apple-based labeling system!

This was really pretty choreography. Good thing it went off without a hitch!

honk

So many birds

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:24 am

Spike, please, we don't have time to hunt for more gems.

Extremely time-limited fashion.

Everything is certainly fine!

Awwww.

:saddershy:

Star Spiders came from "Castle Mane-ia," S04E03.

Apples! Apples! Apples!

This is fine.

All that running around Equestria last episode, and this is how the coronation gets delayed.

They still kept all those fans.

No pressure!

Sew, very old one. Sew like the wind!

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:55 am

I like Twilight's coronation dress.

Whoops!

Behold! (behold!)

It keeps happening!

Wonder crown powers, active!

Wedding choreographed by John Woo

Spooder!

That middle firework looks a little dodgy.

Incoming mortars!

Safe!

Back to poverty with ya, Apple family.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:19 am

Li'l Cheese.

The entrance loses a little something with Boneless 6 there.

Rainbow manages to keep all her rainbow hair.

Does Fluttershy still have mane extensions?

Ha ha! Classic TwilightLustering!

fwump

An animated photo album. Pretty clever, Starlight.

You're leaving? To a retirement home?

The now-traditional "we're proud of you" speech

Final hugs.

Yeah, must be tough finding babysitters.

And they never game up on their friendship.

Morning in Ponyville shimmers!

New friends!

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:26 am

Pegasus Minty!

Silverstream is still around.

Starlight wearing Snowfall Frost's dress from the Hearth's Warming Tail episode.

And Trixie's here too.

Older CMC, again, for the first time.

Ocellus

...and Smolder

More kids! Mac, your son's got a strange coat.

BIG YONA

Discord helping with the animals.

[chuckles] I'm in danger.

Saved.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:36 am

Rainbow power.

It's too hard to do justice to these group shots without animation, but here are some pieces.

Sunset made it back!
and Flash Sentry. And Owlowiscious!

and that's

a new chapter beginning

but for now, the end.

Captain Rufus
Faithful Students

Post by Captain Rufus (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:05 am

SlateSlabrock wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:03 pm
I feel like this episode was exactly the opposite of the weepy sad stories. Yes, people grow up and start families and grow apart, but life does go on. New generations are born, and they get to live through all these adventures themselves. The future isn't just tearful Twilight crying at the graves of all her dead friends. And the reason they have to work to maintain those friendships? Because they've all got so much to do, families to raise, other friends to enjoy.

Welcome to the club there. Know exactly how ya feel. :fluttersmith:

Headless Horse

Post by Headless Horse (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:13 am

Let's remind ourselves that this is what Future Spike was projected to look like in S1:

His imagination was a little optimistic, but overall he had the idea.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:30 am

Spike learned that you can't skip leg day.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:24 am

Headless Horse wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:44 pm
The little "my little pony" musical sting at the end, and the book closing — yeah okay, there are tears.

It has been a privilege, my friends
Headless! :hug:

Niels Olof
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Niels Olof (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:23 pm

As per Big Jim, we are now free to invent our own theories, as many things have been left unresolved or vague by the (excellent) ending of the show.

I have never held much truck with the scenarios of despairing, immortal Princess Twilight Sparkle forever pining for her dead friends, long since turned to dust. I believe that the extreme longevity that Princesses Celestia & Luna exhibited were effects of their office and the powers they wielded as function of that office, rather than just being alicorns (were all alicorns immortal, the place would be crawling with them with even a minuscule reproduction rate, baring accidents). Once they resigned, that power, signified by the melded diadem, moved to Princess Twilight Sparkle. Her majestic transformation was a result of that power (as well as her presumed assumption of control over the Sun and Moon without mechanical aids), and, as long as she choose to rule Equestria, she will stay unchanged, as did Princess Celestia before her. However, should she choose a successor (or, princesses forfend, a parliament :ohgawd:), and resign, she would resume the normal lifespan of a mortal pony, as did, I believe, Princesses Celestia & Luna, once they retired.

Princess Twilight Sparkle may outlive her friends, if she so chooses, just as we all have loved ones that we have or will outlive. She may find a successor, and resign, and live out her remaining natural life instead. I find the latter more likely, as she, as opposed to Princess Celestia, has an established process for succession in place, having been the first through it herself.
In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libroEverywhere I sought tranquility but found it nowhere save in a corner with a book

Headless Horse

Post by Headless Horse (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:39 pm

So basically Ernest Saves Christmas rules

Niels Olof
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Niels Olof (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:20 pm

[Reads up on the unfamiliar movie on Wikipedia] Nearly, except the magic apparently diminished over time in that movie, which is not the case in Equestria.

In my interpretation, Princess Celestia was, after a millenium of ruling Equestria, weary of the crown (actions such as her repeated, deliberate sabotage of The Grand Galloping Gala by inviting disruptive guests could be seen as evidence of this). Her main motivation to keep on, apart from an overwhelming sense of duty to Equestria and love of all her little ponies, was the hope to be reunified with her sister, which, according to prophecy (which carries some weight in Equestria) would not occur before the stars were right (something, incidentally, that Princess Luna and Great Cthulhu has in common). That required Twilight Sparkle (and her friends), and with her growth into worthy princesshood, the reins of the kingdom could finally be given over to somepony else with as deep a sense of duty to and love of Equestria as Princess Celestia herself.

At last, the two sisters are able to pursue the rest of their lives together, free from the crushing responsibility of rule, knowing that the land is in the best of hooves.

[edited for grammar]
Last edited by Niels Olof on Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libroEverywhere I sought tranquility but found it nowhere save in a corner with a book

Headless Horse

Post by Headless Horse (?) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:47 pm

I tried to find a reasonably-public-domain clip for reference, but to anyone else who hasn't seen it: "Santa" is a role that gets passed on from person to person over the centuries, and the movie is about the current Santa (who has had the role for like 100 years) finding a new one to take over in his place, with Ernest's bumbling help. At the end, the new Santa takes off merrily on his rounds, and the old one stands there as just a regular elderly bearded man, and turns to one of the other characters who has helped with the plot and says to her "My name? I was once called Seth Applegate.... and I guess I am again." And they stroll off arm in arm.

Also PIZEN SNAKES :flutterhat:

Doctor Wheeze
Stare Masters

Post by Doctor Wheeze (?) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:00 am

Boy, I was not quite expecting this to get to me as much as it did. This weird horse show that's basically defined the last decade of my life is just over now. It's just a show, but it had a pretty profound impact on the course of my life - I've made new friends, gone on long road trips, attended my first convention. And, oh yeah, I got married and moved to another country as a direct result of this thing being in my life. I haven't been super :ponydrugs: in years, but as soon as the final theme started I could feel it, and I really teared up when the final song started playing (damn you, Ingram, manipulating me with your leitmotifs and lyrical references).

It also got me because I don't think I've ever quite related to an episode more than this one. As I said - I moved to Canada a little over a year ago. Leaving my old friends behind was incredibly difficult. To have the last episode be about exactly that - well, I'll just say I knew how Twilight felt. And then when the rest of the Mane Six show up at the end - all having changed but still putting in the effort to stick together. I know how that feels too, even if I'm probably not as good as Twilight at it. Things change, people move on, but good friendships can survive that, if you put in the work. That's just about the realest friendship lesson the show has ever done.

I don't think I can really imagine a better finale. Thanks for all the good times, pony show :flutterunsmith:
......:hatte:
:flutterunsmith:

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Weren't there people who watched the leaked finale that were mad at the writers on Twitter? I'm trying to figure out what exactly they were so mad about. The final episode was fantastic and a great way to end the series.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Perpetual Motion
Enthusiasm makes everything an adventure.

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Probably shipping and implied character (im)mortality. That's most of the complaints that I've seen. :pinkieshrug:

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:23 pm

There's a chunk of the "fandom" that's been mad at everything since the end of season 3 but refuses to move on. I'm sure there are other, genuine complaints, but people have been tweeting "You ruined the show!" at Big Jim/Vogel/Haber for years now.

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:30 pm

I complain a lot about the treatment of Celestia and Luna, but I would have stopped watching the show long ago if I didn't find the majority of the show to be enjoyable and cute.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:50 pm

Octavia wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:43 pm
Weren't there people who watched the leaked finale that were mad at the writers on Twitter? I'm trying to figure out what exactly they were so mad about. The final episode was fantastic and a great way to end the series.
I'm betting it's people mad that Weird Al stole their waifu. :gotcha:

Headless Horse

Post by Headless Horse (?) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:01 pm

Headless Horse wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:37 pm
I remember someone way back in the first year or two of this forum (God I can't remember names anymore, but it was a real rabble-rouser type of person) half-jokingly predicting that the show would one day address the greatest friendship lesson of all: what happens when friends grow apart. It did not go over well. Yet here we are.
Oh yeah, it was Whitenoise Poster

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:27 pm

Headless Horse wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:01 pm
Oh yeah, it was Whitenoise Poster
I remember him for threatening to stab Kefka, then posting goatse before being banned. :thumbsup:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Headless Horse

Post by Headless Horse (?) » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:42 pm

I suppose it's obligatory to bring up something though: going by Long Twilight, apparently this means Celestia and Luna were normal standard-model ponies at one time, and presumably did not themselves create the world.

Mind (and an awful lot of fanfics) blown

Perpetual Motion
Enthusiasm makes everything an adventure.

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:09 am

Headless Horse wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:42 pm
I suppose it's obligatory to bring up something though: going by Long Twilight, apparently this means Celestia and Luna were normal standard-model ponies at one time, and presumably did not themselves create the world.

Mind (and an awful lot of fanfics) blown
There actually is a little bit of official material on the subject, primarily in the "Journal of the Two Sisters", released after Season 4.
Journal of the Two Sisters wrote: “Because Alicorns age at a different rate than the
rest of the pony races, Luna and I don’t have our cutie
marks yet. Being a “blank flank” at our age never
felt unusual. I’ve always known that I would get my
cutie mark at the proper time. But now that we are
surrounded by so many ponies who have their cutie
marks and are so much younger than we are, I must
admit, it feels a bit odd. ”
Stuff throughout the book also states that Celestia and Luna were always alicorns, and were raised and taught as such by other alicorns. It's never directly stated what actually happened to their race, though, as they're already gone by the time the princesses are crowned (which is more or less where the journal starts). My personal interpretation is that it's kinda a Tolkien-esque "the elves left Middle Earth for Valinor" type thing, but it's really all up in the air. Also the canonicity of the book is somewhat suspect given what is eventually established in the show about Starswirl, though nothing is quite outright contradicted, so :pinkieshrug:

SigmasonicX

Post by SigmasonicX (?) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:12 am

I liked this ending a lot. It's probably the most solid ending of all the big '10s cartoons, and went in directions I would have never expected from this show. People were calling this ending safe, but really, did anyone seriously expect the ending to show them 20-something years older with bags under their eyes, gray hair, and with children? Especially back in season one.

Concerning Twilight not aging the same way as the others, I find it more interesting this way, really. And if they aged normally, then someone would have to die before everyone else anyway. And Spike would still live longer than the ponies.

BTW, there was a lot of confusion on Twitter and elsewhere about the fact that Li'l Cheese was intended to be male, and just has feminine features because he's adorable. Known colts like Rumble already have the round snout, and male background colts have had eyelashes. Still, totally going to write Li'l Cheese as nonbinary or otherwise non-cis, as part of a conspiracy with other fanfic writers.

Wayoshi
Paper Fluts
Stare Masters

Post by Wayoshi (?) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Octavia wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:43 pm
Perpetual Motion wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:45 pm
Probably shipping and implied character (im)mortality. That's most of the complaints that I've seen. :pinkieshrug:
Perpetual Motion pretty much has it. People's waifus ending up without children, or with the "wrong" horse / creature, or that Twilight now looks exactly like a Celestia recolor... that the villains were not redeemed and put into stone...

it's unfortunate, but any big fandom has this minority cesspool out there.

All that said, I agree mostly with this 4chan post, even though it is bordering on caring too much:

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:07 pm

I can't say I'm mad at the writers, if they wanted to fool everyone in regards to what happened in the finale they definitely did thier job. To be perfectly honest, a lot of the reason I wanted to see Chrysalis reformed was sheer curiousity. Assuming she transformed like the other Changelings, what would she look like? How would they work things out in the hive? But that's just me, obviously they weren't going to get into that in the show, aside from maybe a quick scene. It won't stop Chrissy from being my favorite villain and hoping for something better for her down the road.

For the record, the Grogar/Discord thing didn't bother me, nor did the Mane 5 aging. I already knew that as an Alicorn, Twilight was going to outlive them, along with Spike.
Image ("Don't try to reform me, Hag, because I'm made of cold stone.")

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:10 pm

Wayoshi wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:42 pm
All that said, I agree mostly with this 4chan post, even though it is bordering on caring too much:

That post is a master class on how to blow reasonable story disagreements way out of proportion. Oh no, Starlight and Trixie gave up all that important stuff they were doing!

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:18 pm

It's inaccurate from the start, as the villains were not killed off. Big Jim himself stated that they are in suspended animation.
Image ("Don't try to reform me, Hag, because I'm made of cold stone.")

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:32 pm

I wonder if that person also shat his pants over Twilight and Spike abandoning their home in Canterlot to go live in Ponyville in the very first episode. :trixeyes:

Headless Horse

Post by Headless Horse (?) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:46 pm

I'm sure we can probably all agree that the show did not really even try to tie up loose ends with the lore. The Tree of Harmony, the Elements, the villains, Discord, the Student Six, Twilight's role wrt her friends ... none of it was really given any amount of the attention you'd have expected from a "prestige" HBO series or whatever that attempted to bring together all plotlines from all seasons into a coherent whole at the end.

But honestly if we couldn't see that as the end result ever since the introduction of Cadance I don't know what to tell any of us. They were just making things up as they went along, and the only thing that saved them was Hasbro pulling the plug.

This isn't just me being all low-expectations either. It's just that as soon as Lauren left, any ideas she would have had as to the way everything would have fit together disappeared, and so did any hope of pulling the whole mythos together under anybody's guardianship. Because I'm not convinced even she knew how it could have ultimately played out given 9 seasons of corporate orders.

It was kind of fatally flawed from the outset. There I said it

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:04 pm

That's what happens when you make something for which the primary purpose is to sell toys. Beyond S3 I get the feeling that the show's crew never quite knew whether any given season would be the last until they started on S9, so they always had to be ready to do something new that they could wrap up in 26 episodes but also leave open enough for later on. It's particularly noticeable in S5, to quote myself from elsewhere:
Fizzbuzz wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:58 pm
Starlight's struggles in S6 were quite an emotional arc. The trouble is, there was no hint of that to come in S5; The Cutie Re-Mark ended with a great big montage of making friends and closed on a group shot of everyone smiling with her in the middle. I imagine that was back when the show was still being renewed one season at a time and the writers didn't want a bittersweet coming-to-God moment and a broken person's first steps on the path of righteousness to possibly end up as the series finale.
With all that said, I wouldn't call it flawed. FiM never was meant to be an epic TV drama, it was supposed to be a cartoon that went on cool adventures and taught lessons on friendship and social morality (and sold toys). For those purposes I think we can all agree the show succeeded. The fact that the show had as much continuity in characterization and lore as it did is really something special, I think.

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:12 pm

FiM was at it's best when it wasn't trying to be serialized. I think pretty much all attempts to tell an ongoing arc kind of fell flat, outside some individual character arcs.

Headless Horse

Post by Headless Horse (?) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:17 pm

Still though, and maybe this is my failing, what always gave me a thrill was the idea that it was making the game attempt to be serialized. That it was leaving behind the safe episodic cartoon world and going for broke, Breaking Bad style.

It didn't really commit enough to make that happen, and for sure the season-by-season existential quandary basically made it impossible. But every time it felt like the show was building on itself, whether in the case of Discord remaking the universe around his misguided conception of all-encompassing friendship magic or or Fluttershy learning how to say no, it always felt like the show was telling me specifically that "we know what you're after, and we're gonna try".

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:20 am

Headless Horse wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:46 pm
This isn't just me being all low-expectations either. It's just that as soon as Lauren left, any ideas she would have had as to the way everything would have fit together disappeared, and so did any hope of pulling the whole mythos together under anybody's guardianship. Because I'm not convinced even she knew how it could have ultimately played out given 9 seasons of corporate orders.
I think it's fair to say that the writers weren't held to anything resembling a steady progression of characters and arcs. Larson mentioned in the past enjoying the freedom they had in the early seasons under Faust and Renzetti, which apparently got whittled away in later seasons as more managers got involved, but the steady stream of new writers each season probably needed more guidance to avoid that, "Well, it felt like season one..." awkwardness. I suspect the rush to get seasons 6 onward out annually was a large factor as well.

I binged through Bojack Horseman recently, and it's a show that spoils one on storing up little details for later effect, but it's also only half the length of a pony season. For Gen 5, I hope that rebooting the show gives them the opportunity to pull together a consistent writing staff like they had in the the first three seasons of FiM, since that familiarity lets them at least seem to have continuity, if only because each writer can call back to their own episodes.

One thing about the seasonal schedule -- there's a note in the leaks from planning for the season 9 premiere:
Writing as if MLP is over/last season (although this might change)
Make sure no big transformation in show that we’ll have to explain in the movies
Presumably that means Rainbow Roadtrip or whatever the second FiM movie was going to be. The file is dated one month before My Little Pony: The Movie came out. Must've been a scramble to rewrite after that.

Dal
Praise the Sun
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dal (?) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:29 pm

M
Wayoshi wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:42 pm
Perpetual Motion pretty much has it. People's waifus ending up without children, or with the "wrong" horse / creature, or that Twilight now looks exactly like a Celestia recolor... that the villains were not redeemed and put into stone...

it's unfortunate, but any big fandom has this minority cesspool out there.

I don’t know if this a dig at me or not, button feels like it. If wishing for more from the finale than what we got is a posting cesspit, so be it. Granted I would never harass any show staff over the fucking thing.
Last edited by Dal on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Undecided wrote:Every time you write a story I cant help but sigh, because I know Im gong to lose another man card.