I'm roughly two seasons behind, partway through S7E6. This episode feels tedious.

here a forum about pony (General Pony Talk)

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

Brunellus

I'm roughly two seasons behind, partway through S7E6. This episode feels tedious.

Post by Brunellus (?) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:49 pm

Is the entire season like this?

Durandal
Faithful Students

Re: I'm roughly two seasons behind, partway through S7E6. This episode feels tedious.

Post by Durandal (?) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:24 pm

I don't know; I still haven't caught up to you yet. Things are looking awesome here in Season 6

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Re: I'm roughly two seasons behind, partway through S7E6. This episode feels tedious.

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:46 am

For reference, the episode mentioned in the OP is Forever Filly.

I'm not really sure what about it is tedious. I suppose that episode carries much of the same tone and level of conflict as a lot of S1's early episodes, though in this case it's more appropriate for the characters involved (compare Rarity having to acknowledge that her little sister is growing up and Sweetie Belle being tired of getting treated that way to, for an example from S1, Rarity and Applejack bickering like annoyed kids in Look Before You Sleep) and has a lot more emotional weight due to us being more familiar with them by this point. Were you expecting more action, maybe?

SigmasonicX

Post by SigmasonicX (?) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Forever Filly gets mixed reviews, but I liked it. Season 7 as a whole is one of my top three seasons of the show (2, 5, 7).

It's kind of strange that this far in, you're taking a random episode and asking if that reflects the entire season. Every season has had a mix of episode quality.