It's that time again! The season for sharing, caring, and madcap postal adventures! The Secret Celestia gift exchange express is pulling into the station, and you're all invited!
The deadline to sign up is Sunday, November 17th, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Previous Secret Celestia threads: 2018, 2017, 2012
How does this work?
How to sign up:
What to wish for
Sign-ups end 11:59 PM Pacific on Sunday, November 17th, and assignments will go out by forum PM soon after!
- Post a wish list in this thread!
- Send an e-mail to horsiesanta[at]gmail[dot]com with the following information:
- Your forums nickname
- Your name and a shipping address where you can receive a shipment! It needs to be enough info for your local postal service. DO NOT PM THIS, USE THE E-MAIL.
- Whether you are willing to have an international Santee (please yes!)
- and/or whether you are signing up as a Super Secret Celestia or a Lovable Urchin, and whether you would like to send a postcard to an Urchin
- Whether you want your Secret Celestia package decorated or plain and discreet
- Receive your Secret Santee via PM, find a tasteful gift for them around $15-$20, and ship it!
- Share pictures of your Secret Celestia gifts on December 25th in this thread to spread the holiday cheer!
Anything that's appropriate for sharing on the forums is okay, keeping in mind the price guidelines above. General suggestions like "comic books" are fine, but the more detail you can provide on your interests, the easier it'll be for your Secret Celestia to find something you'll like. However, please keep in mind the price and how easily your Celestia can find what you ask for.
If there's anything you're definitely not interested in, or if you have special concerns like food allergies, make sure to write those down as well.
What to give
A thoughtful gift worth about $15-20 is the guideline. Going beyond that is fine too, but you should expect your own gift to fall in that range. If it's clear you didn't put any thought into your gift, or especially if you don't send anything, you may be banned from the forums.
Need a better feeling for typical gifts? Check out previous years' threads at the top of this post.
What NOT to give
Nothing illegal, nothing that would be seized by customs, and nothing breakable. Examples:
- Nothing dangerous, even if it's a collectible (e.g. knives)
- Avoid perishables, especially meat and produce
- Alcohol may be okay domestically, but it's usually a no-go internationally
- Liquids need to be packed super well to protect against breakage.
If you just can't participate in the gift-giving because of your financial situation, you can also sign up as a Lovable Urchin, and we will try to match you up with an extra-awesome Super Secret Celestia who's willing to send an extra gift. This depends on who's willing to sign up, so we can't make any promises, but we'll try our best.
If the Urchin so desires, we also encourage anyone and everyone to sign up to send a postcard to them, regardless of gifts.
Since our forums are spread out all around the globe, anyone who's willing to send a gift internationally will make matching people up much easier. Please allow more time for shipping, since gifts can often take a long time to get through customs.
If shipping a gift internationally is too difficult or expensive, you can also order from your Santee's local Amazon or other online retailer in their country to make sure it arrives safely.
Feel free to PM me if you have any concerns, or if you need to clarify anything about gifts for your Santee, or any other questions!