The Doctor Watches Hallmark Christmas Movies (And One Hanukkah Movie) 2019 Edition

Come on in, come to the place where fun never ends. (Shenanigans!)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Re: The Doctor Watches Hallmark Christmas Movies (And One Hanukkah Movie) 2019 Edition

Post by Madeline (?) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:33 am

I know Maggie Lawson from Psych so seeing her turn up in a couple of these feels very strange. Especially since it’s the kind of story that Psych would have taken the piss out of

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Re: The Doctor Watches Hallmark Christmas Movies (And One Hanukkah Movie) 2019 Edition

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:27 am

Fizzbuzz wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:01 am
"Christmas in the Outskirts of Vancouver" just didn't have the same ring to it.
ImageImage Image Image

;) ❤️ :twasnothin: ❤️ :fancyhat:

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:47 pm

They're pulling out the big guns tonight.

Christmas Town
Lauren Gabriel leaves everything behind in Boston to embark on a new chapter in her life and career. But an unforeseen detour to the charming town of Grandon Falls has her discover unexpected new chapters – of the heart and of family – helping her to embrace, once again, the magic of Christmas. Starring Candace Cameron Bure, Tim Rozon and Beth Broderick.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:02 pm

For just a moment I read "Grandon Falls" as Gravity Falls. :-I

The Doctor
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:44 pm

Fizzbuzz wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:02 pm
For just a moment I read "Grandon Falls" as Gravity Falls. :-I
I was on the same track and thought "Gideon Falls" when i read it the first time. :-I

Bigdog
implied

Post by Bigdog (?) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:57 pm

None of these are shining beacons of originality, and to some extent that's even okay, but I think that might be the most mad-libsy synopsis yet
Lauren Gabriel leaves everything behind in (city) to embark on a new chapter in her life and career. But an unforeseen detour to the charming town of (small town) has her discover unexpected new chapters – of the heart and of family – helping her to embrace, once again, the magic of Christmas.

The Doctor
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:10 pm

A Christmas Love Story
Tony Award-winning Kristin Chenoweth stars as a youth choir director who needs to write a big song for a Christmas Eve show. She is distracted from her task when a boy with a golden voice joins her choir, which comes as a surprise to his widowed father, portrayed by Scott Wolf.
Stars Kristin Chenoweth, Scott Wolf, Keith Robinson and Kevin Quinn, and directed by Eric Close.
Another name familiar to the pony world.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:09 am

The Doctor wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:10 pm
What is Seth Meyers doing there
Image /// Image /// Image

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:10 am

seriously

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:19 am

football is back
ImageImage Image Image

The Doctor
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:09 am

Well, this trash isn't funny anymore. It's Netflix and Hulu trash for me next year, and I canceled my Hallmark subscription early.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/13/styl ... -ios-share
The Hallmark Channel pulled four TV ads featuring brides kissing each other on Thursday after a targeted campaign by a conservative group.

Asked to explain why the ads had been rejected, an employee of Hallmark’s parent company said the channel did not accept ads “that are deemed controversial,” according to an email exchange shared with The New York Times. A spokesman for Hallmark said the women’s “public displays of affection” violated the channel’s policies, but he declined to comment on why a nearly identical ad featuring a bride and groom kissing was not rejected.

The series of six ads, for the wedding planning website Zola, first appeared on the Hallmark Channel on Dec. 2. The ads, which feature several configurations of couples, all offer variations on the same concept: While standing at the altar, couples ponder whether guests would have arrived on time and bought them better gifts if only they had created a custom wedding website with Zola.

I didn't even finish tonight's movie, which was the one with the Jewish boyfriend. He was goofy and tried to pretend to know about Christmas, but accidentally said things like "mazel tov!" because he just can't help himself!

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:23 am

the controversial nature of adult people being happy and consensually together

good on you for cancelling your sub, seriously

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:36 am

Gee, it looks like the Hallmark Channel accepted those ads just fine until homophobes shat themselves! And in this case it doesn't even look like it's a case of a company doing it for fear of Russian or Chinese retribution, but rather the dwindling demographic of Western homophobia.

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:28 am

man, fuck them
ImageImage Image Image

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:53 pm

haha get fucked

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar (?) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:23 pm

Oh my god they're such fucking cowards

e: that av kicks ass though.
Gloriosa Did Nothing Wrong

The Doctor
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:02 am

Wonder if now they might actually do a same-sex Christmas film.

Probably just take one of their same bland scripts and change the couple.