Post songs that jam with you, but...

Come on in, come to the place where fun never ends. (Shenanigans!)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

ToastGhost
Big adventure's waiting.
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post songs that jam with you, but...

Post by ToastGhost (?) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:42 pm

To avoid this becoming one of those threads with a thousand song links that no one listens to, I'm implementing a few rules! :spike101:
  1. It must be a song both you and any existing fursona, ponysona, or OC can jam to. And they have to be jams, no jellies. :snooty:
  2. You must write (at least) a paragraph of three parts:
    • A sentence about the song you have posted
    • A sentence about a song someone else posted that you listened to
    • A sentence about whatever you want or how you're feeling! :-P
  3. No chain posting ITT! :sweetielarm:
Now that that's out of the way here's a song I think both I and my ponysona like:

I mostly relate to the theme of self-sacrifice for the happiness of others, which is something I've experienced a bit in the past.

Now I can't write a statement on someone else's song so I hope you'll permit me to post another. :ponder:

Carry on / Say it every day / Round again / In the only way
Besides the mellow-shoe-gazey sound of the distorted guitars and bright lyrics I think we'd both find comfort in these little phrases.

Carry on, you know? I'm doing okay. :flutterunsmith:
ImageImageImage

Gloomy Rube
I want you to be like a hamster please
Celestia's Champions

Re: Post songs that jam with you, but...

Post by Gloomy Rube (?) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:45 pm

Post songs that jam with you, but slam with the rest
ImageImageImageImage

Gloomy Rube
I want you to be like a hamster please
Celestia's Champions

Post by Gloomy Rube (?) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:48 pm

Like I'd participate but you require me to say something about your songs and I do not like them so I wouldn't have anything nice to say :v:
ImageImageImageImage

Perpetual Motion
Enthusiasm makes everything an adventure.

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:05 am

Gloomy Rube wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:45 pm
Post songs that jam with you, but slam with the rest

:v:

But seriously, this is my jam:

...if by "jam" you mean "song I listen to when I need a good cry." :-I

But, yeah. Undertale's title theme is a masterclass in both composition and placement. It does not play in the intro like you'd expect, at least not completely. It's actually a composite of two songs, one titled "Once Upon a Time" which does play in the intro, and "His Theme," the theme associated with the tragic character Asriel, who is mostly unknown to the player until this song plays. During this song, you're told a very sad and revealing story of the past, but the song is full of hope. Not for you, as you're currently walking to certain doom, but for the monsters who will be saved by you meeting your end. Basically, it's phenomenal and is one of the greatest emotional moments of that game.

I'm not a fan of "Happier," so I'll talk about "Walking the Jetstream" instead. It's nice and upbeat and mellow, but doesn't really do much to stand out in my mind. It's fine, basically, and would work as part of an uplifting playlist more than just as a song to listen to on its own, IMO.

I am not feeling good, and have not for some time. I don't want to bring down a good thread with more, so that's all I'll say. :fluttersmith:

Perpetual

Post by Perpetual (?) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:10 am