naughty dog wants us to know that tlou 2 is very edgy (also Zombie Land Saga owns), homefront suuuuuuucks

Come on in, come to the place where fun never ends. (Shenanigans!)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Re: naughty dog wants us to know that tlou 2 is very edgy (also Zombie Land Saga owns), homefront suuuuuuucks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:36 am

*chef kiss*
ImageImage Image Image

;) ❤️ :twasnothin: ❤️ :fancyhat:

Perpetual Motion
Enthusiasm makes everything an adventure.

Re: naughty dog wants us to know that tlou 2 is very edgy (also Zombie Land Saga owns), homefront suuuuuuucks

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:41 am

Actually, Left 4 Dead is good:

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:11 am

perfect
ImageImage Image Image

RIP Syndrome
i can be yuor angle... or you´re DEBIL
Rainbow Racers

Post by RIP Syndrome (?) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:02 am

DaikatunaRevengeance wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:06 pm
fuck this is so difficult. on one hand, Druckmann is a thin-skinned moron with an overinflated ego. on the other hand, Schreier is a thin-skinned moron with an overinflated ego
this post and you´re face ™&©20234 R.I.P. Shitpostal Service LLC
for licensing inquiries, please contact :twisted:, VP of Licensing at R.I.P. Enterprises
~ORIGINAILL COUNTENTEH SINCE 1666 DONTE is good STEEL PLS~

RIP Syndrome
Rainbow Racers

Post by RIP Syndrome (?) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:04 am

they both think they're God's gift to mankind in their respective video games careers, and yet both are complete hacks and get upset at the internet for the mildest of disagreement. they deserve each other.
for licensing inquiries, please contact :twisted:, VP of Licensing at R.I.P. Enterprises

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:14 am

lol
ImageImage Image Image

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Dropping tears does not always mean the sadness.
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Orange Fluffy Sheep (?) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:56 pm

RIP Syndrome wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:02 am
fuck this is so difficult. on one hand, Druckmann is a thin-skinned moron with an overinflated ego. on the other hand, Schreier is a thin-skinned moron with an overinflated ego
Fuck both of them.
:snoop: Image :snoop:

Aria Genisi
Now THIS is 2021!
Night Mares

Post by Aria Genisi (?) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:59 pm

wait, why do we hate jason schreier?

Aria Genisi
Now THIS is 2021!
Night Mares

Post by Aria Genisi (?) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:03 pm

i ask because i'm more aware of just him doing some pretty good reporting work on the awful labor conditions in the video game industry, and that's about it, and haven't been aware of him doing anything bad or a bit shitty in particular

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:33 pm

yeah, same
ImageImage Image Image

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Dropping tears does not always mean the sadness.
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Orange Fluffy Sheep (?) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:50 pm

I dunno I just assume anyone related to video games is awful until proven otherwise.

in triplicate.
:snoop: Image :snoop:

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:00 pm

honestly not a bad approach
ImageImage Image Image

Aria Genisi
Now THIS is 2021!
Night Mares

Post by Aria Genisi (?) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:37 pm

Orange Fluffy Sheep wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:50 pm
I dunno I just assume anyone related to video games is awful until proven otherwise.

in triplicate.
You know what? That’s fair.

RIP Syndrome
Rainbow Racers

Post by RIP Syndrome (?) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:20 am

Aria Genisi wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:03 pm
i ask because i'm more aware of just him doing some pretty good reporting work on the awful labor conditions in the video game industry, and that's about it, and haven't been aware of him doing anything bad or a bit shitty in particular
unfortunately since then he's accepted a job position at Bloomberg and gotten very, very petty on Twitter and constantly getting into stupid slapfights while refusing any kind of vaguely negative commentary. he thinks he's a hard-hitting expose journalist, but game developers are starting to hate talking to him because he tends to make things worse for them with his articles (just spouting whatever he gets, burying the good with the bad and the exaggerated shit with the actually awful conditions), including that one time where he decided to put out an article about Anthem where he decided to lay the blame almost entirely on Bioware rather than EA, presumably because he didn't want Kotaku blacklisted.

he starts shit with studio heads on Twitter but then goes "ohh no I didn't mean it like that, you're being weirdly personal" when called out, while people who point this out just get blocked. he's free to be a dumbass on social media I suppose, but it's goddamn tiresome. his care for bad labor practices also seems to be largely limited to making the occasional lengthy article about it for the sake of career advancement and he'll absolutely turn on it if he needs to

for example, when the TLOU2 leaks happened, he was caping for Naughty Dog and Sony and towing the PR line because he was trying to break a story about it, but got beaten to the punch. now he's back to criticizing Sony and ND and hyperbolic reviewers, while just last year he was calling out other journalists for doing the same. I'm pretty sure he's literally just salty over not getting a review copy based on what he's said too

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:18 pm

lmao i saw the ending
ImageImage Image Image

Pocket
everything's a little bit weird now

Post by Pocket (?) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:30 pm

Another factor in Spec Ops: The Line's favor, by the way, is that it was the only game its studio ever made. It's easy to imagine Yager as a bunch of outsiders who knew just enough about game development to slap together a competent product, who decided their one and only contribution to the medium was to put it on blast. No matter how negative the results may have been, assuming that about them makes it go down a lot easier. Compare that to a studio that has been around since the early '90s, spent about half of that history making relatively non-violent games for kids, has the full backing of one of the three big platform holders in the industry, and decided to devote close to a decade of their lives now to publicly sulking about what a pity it is that video games are only ever grimdark shooty-mans anymore and gee if only someone could do something about that.
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of...

Aria Genisi
Now THIS is 2021!
Night Mares

Post by Aria Genisi (?) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:02 am

DaikatunaRevengeance wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:18 pm
lmao i saw the ending
I saw it too. Yeesh.

Granted, I don't know any other context for it, but even then I just can't help but shake my head and think about how much it really wants to be a profound an impactful, artisitc ending, but just feels like a giant, contrived wet fart of an ending

The Ghost of Ember
don't you feel so scared sometimes?

Post by The Ghost of Ember (?) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:33 am

something hilarious about the ending leak

without context and with whatever the issue the leaker has with the green channel makes it look like ellie has been carting around joels bloated and rotting corpse with her like a crazy person this entire time
RIP Syndrome wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:56 pm
this universe is cursed

The Ghost of Ember
don't you feel so scared sometimes?

Post by The Ghost of Ember (?) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:11 pm

naughty dog:
naughty dog wrote:The Last of Us 2 is the video game equivalent to Schindler's list
also naughty dog:
RIP Syndrome wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:56 pm
this universe is cursed

RIP Syndrome
Rainbow Racers

Post by RIP Syndrome (?) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:12 pm

The Ghost of Ember wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:11 pm
naughty dog:

also naughty dog:
if only nested quotes were a thing because I would make a hot twitter meme

naughty dog:
sucks

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:33 pm

lmao
ImageImage Image Image

Perpetual Motion

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:51 am

Gloomy Rube
I want you to be like a hamster please
Celestia's Champions

Post by Gloomy Rube (?) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:40 am

Aria Genisi wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:48 pm
it's also a lot better about letting you drive a forklift
ImageImageImageImage

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:13 am

he tried to kill me with a forklift, ole!
ImageImage Image Image

Perpetual Motion

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:29 am

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:31 am

hahaha
ImageImage Image Image

W.T. Fits
Storm, ride the storm
Never-ending
Skies darkened, torn
Heaven-rending
Ire, fury borne
Never-ending
Roar, hear my roar!
Faithful Students

Post by W.T. Fits (?) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:46 pm

So I went and looked up spoilers for The Last of Us Part 2's ending on TV Tropes and wow that is some dumb fucking shit right there. :-I

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:48 pm

gamez are art
ImageImage Image Image

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:53 pm

i will say this, tlou2 managed to have people turn against it before even being released

which is quicker than it took bioshock infinite to stop being treated as a work of art
ImageImage Image Image

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:18 pm

lol
ImageImage Image Image

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:39 pm

i am ashamed of my words and deeds
ImageImage Image Image

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:05 pm

ImageImage Image Image

RIP Syndrome
Rainbow Racers

Post by RIP Syndrome (?) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:57 am

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/650 ... dog-crunch
The Last of Us 2 has an absolute ton of collectibles. Some of them fill out the world, others are just silly, and a couple seemingly acknowledge Naughty Dog’s notorious knack for crunch. Two of the game’s Marvel Universe-esque collectible cards mention two of the main minds behind The Last of Us and contain some interesting descriptions.

The first stars Doctor Uckmann, an obvious nod to the game’s creative director and Naughty Dog vice president, Neil Druckmann.

While the final parts are appear like typical comic villain backstory, the first sentence of “pushing human limits” is quite peculiar. Naughty Dog has come under fire (as have many other studios) in the recent months as a brutal report from March 2020 detailed the studio’s grim working conditions. Employees were pressured to work egregious hours to hit the quality level that the developer was known for.

Another one of the cards also contains another reference to Naughty Dog’s infamous crunch practices. The card in question is a goofy parody of ex-Naughty Dog employee and game director of The Last of Us Bruce Straley. Straley’s card is under the name Randy Styles and mentions crunch but with slightly less edge.

“Once, he was Doctor Uckmann’s research partner, working late nights to develop all manner of technology for the betterment of mankind, until one day, he just vanished!” reads part of the card’s description.

Straley left the studio in September 2017 following a sabbatical he took after Uncharted 4‘s release (which he also directed). As noted in reporter Jason Scherier’s Blood, Sweat, and Pixels, Druckmann’s collaborative partner was notorious for working long hours and even rented a second apartment near the studio to cut down on the commute.

RIP Syndrome
Rainbow Racers

Post by RIP Syndrome (?) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:58 am

Well, I suppose nobody did accuse Neil Druckmann of being tasteful

RIP Syndrome
Rainbow Racers

Post by RIP Syndrome (?) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:00 am

I know the card was posted before but I just wanted a coherent post on the whole "Druckmann appears to in fact be making fun of Naughty Dog's crunch culture" because it's pretty crappy, so I just stole somebody's article

Angel Beat
~ Space, the final frontier. ~
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Angel Beat (?) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:05 pm

I've had little interest in TLoU so far, though maybe had the idea to play through it some day, and the more I heard about 2, the less inclined I am to even want to play through the first one (whenever I'll have a PS).
New signature pending.