Helping out at a food bank.

Come on in, come to the place where fun never ends. (Shenanigans!)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Soft Snow

Helping out at a food bank.

Post by Soft Snow (?) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:31 pm

Packing boxes full of groceries so homeless people can have food. We pack milk, sour cream, cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt, potatoes, onions, apples, hotdogs and chicken meatballs into every box. The boxes weight 31 pounds each. They delivered so much food we ran out of places to put it. I left after ten hours but there was still three full semi trucks left to unload. I had to bring in 8000 five-pound bags of potatoes. Then onions. And apples. I can't believe we have this much food and even more hungry people to feed. It is kinda crazy when you see it all sitting in one place like that.
:-D
If I had a bit for every time you made me feel worthless I'd be worth something by now.

Mechanical Ape
Not slim, definitely shady

Re: Helping out at a food bank.

Post by Mechanical Ape (?) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:47 pm

Great work you're doing! :yay:

I stopped at my local food bank a few years ago and asked which kinds of foods are most in demand. I wanted to know what to shop for when I donated. They gave suggestions but added "or you could give cash, which we use to purchase meals at discount from our distributor."

So that's how I help, since I have more money than time; I have a recurring monthly donation. Nice to hear about people like you working the front lines.

Soft Snow

Re: Helping out at a food bank.

Post by Soft Snow (?) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:06 am

Thank you, your continued support allows me to keep doing this full time.
:allears:

Time for some behind the scenes drama. It seems we now have to put thank you letters to Trump in every box. I realize the letter isn't Trump approved because it takes the pandemic seriously and is in spanish on the back. Apparently the sudden surge of food is from this new program he is doing called from "farmers to families." Which is why we are required to include the letter. But there doesn't seem to be much communication on the deliverers as they keep sending food beyond our storage capacity. The workers are also getting stressed because this is way more work then we are use to and now there are inspectors in red caps call constantly watching over us. Lefting 30 pound boxes nonstop for hours is tiresome.
:fluttersmith:
If I had a bit for every time you made me feel worthless I'd be worth something by now.