๐Ÿ’ค PPPP dream thread v2: picking up where we slept off ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

Come on in, come to the place where fun never ends. (Shenanigans!)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Mechanical Ape
Not slim, definitely shady

Re: ๐Ÿ’ค PPPP dream thread v2: picking up where we slept off ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

Post by Mechanical Ape (?) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:36 am

This is the second time Iโ€™ve dreamt about a massive hotel, one with so many floors people seem to have forgotten about most of them. You can take the stair (thereโ€™s a big spiral stair in the middle) or the elevators, there are restaurants and swimming pools and lounges and courtesy desks every five floors or so.

Thereโ€™s also one floor where if you go up to the desk and give the password, they take you to a secret swimming pool for the very few.

This cool hotel is starting to be a recurring setting.

Jill
it's the super maria sisters super show!!!
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:07 pm

^that reminds me of a dream i had a long-ass time ago about going to some kind of game dev university/hotel thing

as i recall, there was this enclosed outdoor area where it looks like there's just a wall but it's actually got this __--__ sort of indent/parallel wall that you can slip behind. it was almost like a secret back alley, just embedded entirely into one building. i had this place marked in my mind as where i'd go whenever i wanted to get away from people, as it was the most dim and quiet place to work on my games during the daytime

some girl eventually came and visited me back there. i don't remember how the conversation went, but she wanted me to come to a certain room on the 2nd floor when i had the time, so i did. the room in question was almost small enough to be a walk-in closet. it was completely empty apart from a small window and a busted-up arcade machine. the window was in fact small enough that it was still pretty dark in here despite it being a sunny day. i took a look through the window and got a glimpse of the big street outside... as it had been some hundreds of years ago. just a dirt road with some rather crude-looking buildings around it. there was some kind of riot going on where a mob of people were just cascading down the road destroying and burning whatever they could

i looked away from the window when i thought i heard the voice of the girl from before, but she was nowhere to be found, and then the window was no longer showing me the past. somehow this felt very similar to the sensation of skipping a cutscene in a game by accident only to have the cutscene's trigger permanently removed
:-I

that's about all i remember :fluttershrug:

The Ghost of Ember
don't you feel so scared sometimes?

Post by The Ghost of Ember (?) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:34 am

i just had a dream where i was the step son of a famous research scientist. his laboratory was atop our house access able via an elevator only he had the code to. no one else was allowed in. it was no secret in our family that his previous family had died tragically in an explosion of unknown origin, and that he had married our mother not long afterward.

he was rather famous and he and he and his previous family had a tv show made about them in the vein of a mix between 'Johnny Quest' adventure and the 'The Brady Bunch' wholesome family comedy. there was a lot of pressure to live up to the previous family.

i don't remember what exactly the trigger was, but somehow the father slipped up, i grew suspicious, and i got the code to the lab through some vague trickery (something to do with his computer and a secret cabal he belonged to i think?). when he was away i went up there and discovered that the elevator did not lead to a research lab but rather a fully livable apartment in the attic of our house. there i found the previous family, alive and well.

they had been convinced by the father that the explosion that had supposedly consumed them was a nuclear apocalypse and that they had to stay in the lab area in order to survive the fallout. he had converted it to a living space but it suffered from lack of air conditioning, there was no information or entertainment from the outside world, and when he went on trips he would only leave enough supplies that would cover as long as he'd be gone. often this was not enough, as he would frequently get delayed or involved in a new project on one of his trips. somehow i managed to piece this together without them seeing me or noticing an impossible stranger had entered their sanctum.

i revealed the situation to the family after coming back down from the elevator and their response was to try to cover everything up and not talk about it, as they didn't want to ruin the father's reputation. i was bitter and angry about this. soon after it was the hottest day of the year and i knew it must be insufferable up there. i declared that i was going up there and giving the other family some cold drinks. after a lot of arguing i managed to convince them that their lives were in danger from dehydration, as i knew they were running low on water.

i arrived in the lab with the rest of the family with cold refreshments and we explained the situation to the hidden family. they were stunned and really didn't have any real good way of reacting to the news.

then i had a boss encounter with the father, which involved chasing him on a minecart which i could make jump from track to track. it was kind of hard and had a lot of issues with bullshit deaths where jumping from one track to another wouldn't work properly sometimes. at the end of the mine track corridor was three different tunnels. one tunnel lead to the past, one tunnel to the present, and one tunnel to the future.

defeating the boss involved going through each tunnel in the correct order and exposing his lies in such a way that his attempt to imprison his own family was ruined in the past before it could even happen

:fluttershrug:
RIP Syndrome wrote: โ†‘
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:56 pm
this universe is cursed

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:44 am

i just woke up from a really cool dream where i was watching some old Japanese animated movie. stylistically it was really similar to something Osamu Tezuka (Astro Boy, Wonder 3, Unico) would have made

it took place in a sort of early sci-fi setting where humanity had migrated to a new solar system and colonized a small handful of inhabitable planets there. this solar system came to be overseen by a big space station that was basically the centerpiece of their government, research, and millitary-related operations

at some point, the space station had been commandeered by a mysterious woman who wore a mono-dark purple dress with a white bunny mask and tail. she was rarely ever seen in public, and only a few people were even privy to her existence. even those who had seen her were usually oblivious to just how many strings she was pulling, and she was largely considered a myth among station dwellers

throughout the movie, though, her influence is apparent in how corrupt the government had become. for no apparent reason, each of the planets are attacked by strange lapin war machines and forced to start their own resistance against the government's newfound hostility

each planet typically had some designated "hero" who was the center of their own subplot. typically they were either leading a resistance of some kind, or were more or less the entirety of it

in particular, i remember there being this young lady who was in the middle of training to join the millitary on her planet before having to pull a Fire Emblem and lead her fellow trainees in battle against it

another planet was home to two brothers. one of them carried a special laptop around that was made with some "demonic" computer part that gave it unimaginable processing power. the other one had some big ol' sword that looked like it was carved from stone but had all these glowy electric sci-fi components. the laptop brother was a sort of misguided anti-hero who believed in a half-truth that the government was being smeared for someone else's doing, while the sword brother was a full-on rebel who didn't think it mattered

either way, the bunny lady made every effort to make sure each hero character was captured instead of killed, because they each held some kind of ability, relic, or information that she wanted for herself. i seem to remember the movie ending on some cliffhanger where all of the heroes had been caught, and then i woke up before i could figure out if they ever made a conclusion and was really disappointed to find out this whole thing hadn't been a real movie

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:17 am

Last night I had a dream that I was walking through this impossibly tall building, like a ruin of some kind. Then there was this figure in the distance which didn't step as it moved toward me. Instead it was gliding with its legs bolt upright, using its arms to tap at some kind of tablet screen. As the figure drew closer I saw that it was green and was talking like a robot. It kept saying "Queue action: resolution." very clearly in a monotone, as though it were trying to get a speech recognition program to understand it. I couldn't make sense of it.

She began chasing me and I began to flee. She had control of the environment, using her tablet to close doors and even shift walls in front of me. Hard as I tried to escape, she eventually made a dead end to trap me in. I turned to face my pursuer. It was a Peridot with limb enhancers, somehow using her robo legs to hover above the ground.

One of the walls burst open. Another figure had plowed the new fissure into the wall, screaming in anger, and she leapt onto this Peridot. She started beating the crap out of Peridot. It wasn't like watching TV violence. It felt like watching actual violence: fearsome, concerning, upsetting. I was stunned, and couldn't react. I was just frozen still watching this Peridot getting brutalised. Eventually the Peridot freed one of her arms and began firing lasers, causing the other person to disengage and run toward me.

It was Garnet, who now turned and picked me up in her giant gauntlet, trying to run me to safety. In spite of knowing who this is, I didn't feel safe. I just saw her knock the stuffing out of someone. She was tall, dark, and her face was creased with a warrior expression. It was too spooky and I woke up.
๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿฅœ๐Ÿ 

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:15 pm

I had a nap today.

There I dreamt I was in a tall building which had a high up landing looking out onto a lobby on the ground floor. It was like a building within a building where I was on top of the smaller building looking out on to the floor of the larger. My friends and I were there for a drone flying contest that we had already finished. We were celebrating that we had done well and had a good time. It was then I heard the sounds of metal straining, and the floor underneath my feet started to feel unstable. The building beneath me began to lean and the floor of the lobby started to close on us. The building was collapsing.

I realised that from this height and with the building falling onto us, there was no hope. I accepted death and stretched out my arms waiting for the floor to come to me. Then I had fallen low enough to see through the huge windows of the lobby, where I saw the grass, the sky and the river outside. I thought that if I could land in the river, I'd be fine. I began to glide forward, where I hit the glass so I tore it open with my bare hands like it was a plastic bag. There I carried on falling toward the river and survived.
๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿฅœ๐Ÿ 

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:03 pm

i was playing smash ultimate, wherein i found some kind of secret which took me to a small World of Light-esque map as Villager using my standard color (the pink one with the flower shirt). the backdrop was very gray; an almost photorealistic city bridge shrouded partially in fog. there was only a single spirit node on this map, and i couldn't see what spirit was just by approaching it

i pressed A. the screen immediately faded to black and gave me the loading icon instead of going into the pre-battle menu, and then i got a "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" screen with a silhouette that looked like it was just Villager. as the battle was starting, i took in the sight of my opponent: it definitely looked like the default Villager, but he was a lot more... purple. like a sickly purple, and his name on the damage HUD at the bottom was "????" instead of "VILLAGER"

when the fight actually started, i was immediately floored by what i saw. my opponent's model and animation while idle had been that of Villager, but as soon as they moved, i saw them as a gray figure shaped much like the Dead Hand in OoT but without the arms, and it appeared to have a Mii head that fell somewhere between good old Uboa and that one girl in that one anime i watched forever ago

i assumed this fighter was supposed to be something like Double from Skullgirls and carried on with the match. i was partially correct, but this thing's attacks were mostly used in its "true" form and it only took the shape of other fighters for misc. things like dodges and rolls. i don't even remember the majority of the transformations i saw, but one which i do is its "backwards roll after being knocked down" being done as Luigi

the stage looked much like the map that led to it: it was just a concrete Final Destination/Omega Mode platform amidst a bunch of fog. unlike the game's actual spirit battles which involve fog, though, this fog never "thickened" to where it obscured the stage's visibility

there was a moment where i had used my forward smash (the bowling ball) and hit the weird Osaka-monster directly in the face. the camera did its cinematic zoom as if i was about to win the match, but instead of being launched the thing's head just snapped into an upward state (like whenever Dead Hand is approaching you but hasn't gotten close yet) and it continued to attack. that's when i noticed another peculiar thing: my damage was being represented by the classic percentage accumulation, but my opponent had Stamina/HP despite it being displayed like a fighter rather than a boss (i believe this situation only occurred in prior smash games when you fought against things like Master Hand)

i still won the fight with something like ~75% damage on me, and got to observe how the thing would flail around on the ground for a bit at 0 HP while its form cycled through a bunch of fighters who wear dresses for some reason (peach, daisy, rosalina, zelda). i was returned to the bridge map after the match. there was no "???? joins the battle!" message of any kind and i confirmed that nothing had changed as a result of me winning this battle aside from the disappearance of the spirit node that led to it

so yeah that was pretty eerie :-I

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:40 pm

i kept forgetting to post about this one so i've probably forgotten a fair deal by now

i had a dream where internet browsing was replaced by some kind of VRChat-esque adventure game. the game was essentially "single player" in that you didn't see or interact with anyone in real time, but the environment was entirely made up of cubic rooms containing scripted objects placed there by other people; many of which were not even visible until you got close enough to trigger them

surprisingly there was no advertising to be found in this weird new version of the internet, but the alternative it presented was much worse. the vast majority of objects you'd come across were copied and pasted memes designed to cause chaos and some of them even went as far as installing shit on your computer

here are some of the horrors i can remember:
  • one of the most common meme scripts was called "DancyPants", which flattened your character model into an animated GIF of, uh, something pretty suggestive. this state also prevented you from moving until you closed and re-opened the game
  • usually after encountering a "snare" script like the one above, a lot of other script objects would then swoop in to bombard you with more meme garbage while you're unable to move. occasionally the game would just freeze under the stress of hundreds of scripts invoking hundreds more each, like some kind of recursive meme-spawning black hole glitch
  • another common type of object was that which simply shoved you into other rooms. usually they'd put you in a "dox room" that could somehow fetch, record, and display the name + address of anyone who enters. however, there was apparently some kind of size limit on how much data could be saved as a result of people visiting a room, so you'd have a hard time actually finding a dox room that still records anything because the vast majority of them were booked with the identities of their first 100 visitors
  • you almost couldn't do anything in this bizarre anarchist version of the internet without getting tons of Very Questionable background processes running on your machine as a result of script chaos. like i remember opening task manager and seeing processes with colored names and shit. i couldn't have guessed what any of these processes did. all i know is that one of them was responsible for running Desktop Ponies
tl;dr: the road to hell is paved with javascript

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:21 pm

cw: gore, disturbing themes

this dream started off with just two houses in the same vicinity. one was home to a generic family of humans who were apparently the last of their kind. the other was home to a generic family of mantis-people. the two families had been good to each other for some time until one day, the father of the human family went over to help the mantis people with something only to get angry at them and reveal his true self. another mantis-person burst from his human disguise as he took the wife of the non-disguised family hostage. the "human" guy's own wife heard the commotion and came over to diffuse the situation without her disguise, but she ended up being part of some hostage standoff where two mantis dudes were ready to kill each other's mates. but at this point, all of the children from both families have shown up and are just looking on in fear. as soon as the hostage-takers realize this, they calm down, release their hostages, and apologize to each other. as it turns out, the "human" family was having difficulties coming to terms with the extinction of humans, many of which they had good relationships with, so they ended up in weird human disguises in a misguided attempt to carry on their legacy

the dream is then fast-forwarded to a future point where the youngest child from each family are grown up and getting married to each other, resulting in one large mantis-people family gathering. there are of course some non-mantis friends around, as well as the (literal) Old Dog pastor and some tiny orphaned bunny girl. the two of them lived in some upstairs lodging that connected with the chapel and reception hall. anyway, during the reception, the bunny girl came by and asked the groom a strange question: "are you really a mantis?" he looked puzzled for a moment, then smiled and said "i hope so!" the bunny giggled and went back to her room

and this is where things actually get messed up. the bunny girl is sitting on the floor in her room with some coloring book. the dog pastor walks in and scolds her a bit for showing up at yet another reception uninvited. she asks him another strange question: "you became the last of your kind today, huh?" the pastor seems taken aback and replies "y-yes, but how did you know that?" there is no response from the bunny. she merely stands up slowly as the pastor's breath grows heavy. before he has any idea what to think, the bunny lunges at him, driving a claw into his chest and killing him. she takes his body to a basement where she guts it, stuffs it, and hangs it on a wall. the wall then revolves into another room, a gallery filled with stuffed trophies hanging on the walls. there were tons of them. a bird person, a tiger person, a plant person, a human, and so on... all of them had been the last of their kind before they ended up here

just as i began to resent this bunny, i also began to realize this was a dream. i forced myself awake and could feel my eyes tearing up for a little while afterward

Bigdog
implied

Post by Bigdog (?) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:16 pm

I was visiting in some sort of extremely snowy country; I think I thought it was Finland. I and my hosts-- an engaged couple and the woman's parents-- were going to go on an evening nature walk or something, so it was decided that I and the man would go out ahead on the man's snowmobile and make sure that the roads and parking lots were clear enough for the family car. We got going on the "snowmobile", which was actually more like a Segway with treads instead of wheels, rather than being the sort of ski-having vehicle you would expect. It also had the ability to somehow scale short vertical cliff faces by latching onto them with the front of its treads and pulling itself up, a capability which we used a few times to climb up some steep stairs that suddenly appeared in the road. Or maybe it was a shortcut; I'm not really sure.

We stopped to take a break at the man's house, which at first I thought was an apartment because we entered through a smaller set of rooms that reminded me of one, and only later did I realize that the entire house was his. Most of the upstairs (ground) floor had been converted into a warehouse-style food storage space that was dominated by boxes of breakfast cereal. The brands-- there were dozens of them-- were all close to, but not quite the same as, the ones that I recognized from America. In particular I think there was one that was clearly stylized as a Cinnamon Toast Crunch knockoff, but advertised itself as being molasses-flavored instead. Besides the food warehouse rooms-- which I knew without asking were in case they got snowed in and needed to live off of cereal for weeks; no idea what they meant to do about milk-- the house had some more normal rooms: a nice dining room on the main floor and a huge, finished basement with an entertainment center.

Anyway, after a bit some of the man's other family started showing up and introducing themselves to me, and we never did get to go on that walk in the snow. :pinkieshrug:

Mr. Big
ใ„ใ„ใ‚“ใงใ™ใ‚ˆ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:03 am

So I had a dream that "Gravity Falls" came back for a 3rd season.

Except not only did it ignore the events from the final episode, it had different art style (the characters were drawn in what I can only describe as a combination of the show's style and anime), more swearing, and Rick and Morty were in it as part of the cast. And Rick was super fat and even more gross.

And that seemed normal for me in my dreamself :-I

diribigal
Special Flowers

Post by diribigal (?) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:24 am

There was more to the earlier parts of the dream, but what stuck with me as my alarm went off is that somehow while being in a room with bad wifi and watching ponies on my phone while on hold with some customer service, the cell data charge went though the customer service company and I got hit with a $6000 bill that I did not need right now.
ImageImageImage Very math.

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Last night I dreamed that tomatoes were extinct. Just, completely gone from the world, and people were auctioning off some of the few remaining cans of diced tomatoes at a pony convention charity auction.

The night before I had a dream that I was coaching a sports team, but it wasn't for a sport that actually exists. It was for a sport called 'peregrine' that had some components of lacrosse and some of cricket... but I don't remember too many details.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Perpetual Motion
Enthusiasm makes everything an adventure.

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:19 am

I've been dreaming a lot lately. Had one today that's kinda sticking with me, at least in premise if not in plot. It was about a family of giant swans that made their home on this fantastical tiered island in the middle of the ocean. By "tiered" I mean there was the island at sea level, then additional islands floating in the air above it in one big column. These swans tended to shrines on the islands, flying from tier to tier and performing rituals with some sort of runic magic. The weird thing about my dreams is that I don't tend to star in them. I'm just watching the story unfold in some fashion without actually interacting with anything. What I can remember of the story was that a stray human arrived on the island and made friends with the youngest of the swans, and started helping him with his duties, much to the chagrin of his elders.

Anyway, I can't shake this one, but it's not coherent enough to actually do anything with (not to mention just super bizarre), so I figured I'd write about it here.

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:03 am

I woke up from a bad dream a bit after 4 AM this morning. The first thought I had after looking at the clock and deciding I should get back to sleep was that, as someone who sleeps on my side, if I were a deer then I'd have a lot of trouble sleeping like that when my antlers grew in each year. It then took me about ten minutes to fall asleep again, as I was lying there wondering things like:
  • Antlers likely can't be filed down while they're growing due to the fact that they're still living (unlike horns), but could growth of them perhaps be modified (such as by tying them off at a certain length, cutting off the blood flow past that point)? Would this be seen as a shocking degree of body modification or mostly brushed off since they regrow annually?
  • As deer evolved on the path to sapience, would they take longer to invent weapons due to their males having natural weapons on their heads for a good part of the year? Would females of all species also start regularly growing antlers, as real-life reindeer have?
  • Would trans deer on HRT stop or start growing antlers depending on which hormones they're getting? There have been cases of individual female deer growing antlers, so the potential for antler growth is likely there in all of them instead of requiring a special organ or bone structure developed in the womb.
  • What controls the antler growth cycle? If it's environmental factors like the temperature and the length of each day, then once a society of deer-people had industrialized, would artificial lighting and indoor heating and air conditioning disrupt that?
The dream I woke from had nothing to do with deer. It was a variation on a recurring nightmare of someone breaking into my home in the middle of the night, one I've been having on and off ever since an actual incident early this year when I was woken up before dawn by a crazy man yelling at the door of my apartment building and banging on my windows.

Edit: Upon reading all this again after I'm well awake, I'm left wondering why I start considering such bizarre ideas in a delirious half-asleep state. :wat:

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:48 pm

Last night I had a dream I was back in high school as an adult and the high school had a 9 story hospital as part of it. I had to get my schedule from the National Geographic society but they weren't in their office so I just sorta killed time wandering around. I found the computer lab but there was nobody in it and no computers either so just pushed all the desks over to one wall and tried to eat what I can only describe as a large mound of uncooked bread dough. The door to the computer lab slammed open suddenly and that woke me up. It reminded me how much I hated high school.
Thicc like molasses thx 4 askin
:sweetielarm: Image :sweetielarm:

The Ghost of Ember

Post by The Ghost of Ember (?) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:38 pm

I had a Steven Universe dream

Steven had to infiltrate an unknown space station that appeared above earth and was apparently made by different aliens. Initially he had the help of Grunkle Stan and the Pine Twins, and Ford Pines had already infiltrated the base. They met up with Ford in the base, and then after that the Gravity Falls cast split up with Steven and were never seen again.

Steven spotted the commander of the base and after two or three dramatic scenes where their identity was teased but not revealed it turned out to be Greg Universe.

Confronting this new Greg, Evil!Greg revealed the base was made by humans using gem technology to defend (and conquer) earth under a new world order. Evil!Greg gave us a nice montage of his infiltration mission to get into the gems confidence and steal their shit. It was done in a faux anime style and made the CGs look alien and malicious. Once he completed his mission he put a clone in his place to hide his tracks, which is our canonical Greg. We also got flashbacks to an episode about snowboarding (?) where you could glean there were two Gregs in the same area if you were paying attention.

Steven wanted nothing to do with Evil!Greg so he ran away, pursued by his minions which were stylistically appropriate versions of the Gang Green Gang.

Steven escaped to a suburban house on earth, but was still being pursued by the Gang Green Gang. Luckily, Sunset Shimmer showed up and taught the Gang Green Gang how to be friends.

I rolled over, thought, 'that was a fucked up dream', and went back to sleep.
this universe is cursed

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:01 am

This dream I had last night is kind of embarrassing but here goes anyway.

Last night I had a dream where I was dating an alicorn oc princess. Like she wasn't a princess because she did something, her parents were some sort of royalty and she was a princess by birthright. No relation to any ponies from the show tho. Anyway, she was having issues with her family, parents mostly, and I really felt bad for her but I didn't really show it in the best way and I feel bad about it, mainly because I had to pee really badly and I interrupted her to ask where her bathroom was. It turns out that horse toilets are indecipherable contraptions that are in the floor but there was no way I could figure out how to use it so I just didn't bother.

So she goes on describing her troubles with her family and I'm not really paying attention because I still have to pee. Then she motions at the window and complains about her 'butler' who is more like a private investigator or something like that. I open the curtains and sure enough the butler (human) is on the other side of the glass with a listening device, and he just sorta nonchalantly slinks away from the window but leaves the listening device in plain view. I go to a door to the side and poke my head out and he's replaced the listening device with a space heater held up to the glass and he remarks that he's, "defogging the windows."

I suggest we leave and go somewhere else where she won't have to worry about her family and we hop into my PT Cruiser and drive to the crowne plaza hotel in cambridge in the UK. We get a room on the very top floor and I'm excited because it's a very human hotel so they will have human toilets and I can finally go to the bathroom.

Except no I can't because the toilet in this fucking bathroom is like a washing machine with a weird magnetic latch door on top and it's up on a pedestal and it's fucking impossible to work... for me at least. My alicorn princess girlfriend goes all like "dude it's super fucking easy you just press the latch and..." then I got woken up by a phone call.

I still really feel bad about how I treated her because I'm sure the snooping butler her parents presumably hired was the least of her family problems.

Bigdog
implied

Post by Bigdog (?) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:28 am

excellent post/location combo

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:21 pm

Last night I had a dream set in a fucked up kaleidoscope of a room/building. I was in there with Sunset Shimmer and the rest of the dougworld m6, plus maybe 6-8 other randos. The main room was roughly 10x10 feet and the walls were a constantly morphing mess of various glittery paints. On the walls every 3 feet or so were doors that led to closets, and whenever anyone went into the closets, they transformed into some kind of strange animal, most of the time fish.

Sunset and I were at some point tasked with gathering the gang together in the center of the room so we could all sit down and agree to leave together. Problem was Applejack was breakdancing in slow motion on the ceiling, lecturing to no one in particular about the fallibility of perception. Fluttershy kept going in and out of closets, I have no clue where Pinkie was, Rainbow Dash was halfway between the room and the closet, trying to go in or leave while remaining half human and half animal, fruitlessly. Twilight and Rarity were the only ones complying and sitting in the middle of the room with Sunset as I tried to coax AJ off the ceiling.

Eventually Sunset got so fed up with not being able to leave that she pulled out a pipe and crack rock and smoked it up. She then found the exit and left, leaving me alone to wrangle the rest of the girls into the middle of the room.

I don't really blame Sunset for what she did but I don't think smoking crack was the right choice.

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:37 pm

i had a dream where i was in some weird scenario where Mewtwo (First Movie voice) chose me to help him save the world or something. we became best buds but he seemed really down for some reason, and eventually he said he needed to show me an obscure NES game he once played. in it, the main character is some kind of hybrid human/dragon space alien, who teams up with a squad of humans to help them save humanity from the bad space dragons. after the final boss is defeated, the game ends with one of his allies cutting him in half with some kinda lightsaber-axe and declaring humanity saved

by the time he showed me the ending he was in tears. it was clear that this game's ending had him disturbed on a psychological level. he asked me if i would do the same to him if it ensured our efforts were not in vain. i reassured him that even if such a thing were necessary - on the slim off-chance his continued existence threatened humanity - i would be the last person to ever carry it out

there was more to the dream but it goes progressively further back in memory. there was lots of sci-fi tech we needed to go around collecting, and something about linking minds with Mewtwo and using his power to do stuff??? but i don't even remember what we had to do, exactly

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:09 pm

another dream about Pokemon

they had released a game after Sword/Shield that was advertised as the next installment in the series, but was altogether a completely different game. in it, you played as a Raichu in a region where humans had evacuated due to it being overrun with wild Pokemon. you go through this region much like you would in a normal Pokemon game, but wild Pokemon are everywhere and instead of battling them one by one you've got this Hyper Light Drifter-esque top-down action game where you have to dodge, zap, and even utilize a kick move that can propel enemies (especially the round ones) into other enemies

i don't remember much of the actual game's content, but i know you started off in some small town, worked your way through another, entered some cave, emerged by some town built on the water, made your way through that town in a sidescrolling segment where you are crossing a bunch of clothes lines and power lines while fighting mostly bird Pokemon. beyond that, it's anyone's guess

either way, to me this game felt like the best thing to ever happen to Pokemon so i wish it were real

Geomancing
Patreon supporter

Post by Geomancing (?) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:19 am

I had a dream that I was living in some location my mind told me was home, shattered and broken. Concrete shells of buildings, lacking windows or doors; broken, empty foundations; flat empty plazas of cracked tile. I was working with a group of people living there, somehow, gathering weapons I think. I could fly, in short, hopping bursts, jump-gliding from broken rooftop to rooftop. Tossing a long gun down into the hands of a resident.

There was also a second city, futuristic white and lit with neon signs. Prosperous, fancy, lots of robots and people moving around. I remember padding on bare feet, clad in a bra and panties, through some kind of marketplace or mall, feeling jealous of their prosperity. No one paid attention to me, but the robots watched.

I remember crouching on top of some high- up block of machinery, while hovering drones popped into view. I knocked them away with psychic blasts, trying to keep them from getting to me. Larger ones showed up, and I had to make a break, leaping through a gap and falling towards the white city below.

The Ghost of Ember

Post by The Ghost of Ember (?) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:42 pm

i dreamed i was on trial to be banned from this forum, it was being decided by a DPC thread and by a thread vote slated to end in a few days
this universe is cursed

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:36 pm

The Ghost of Ember wrote: โ†‘
Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:42 pm
i dreamed i was on trial to be banned from this forum, it was being decided by a DPC thread and by a thread vote slated to end in a few days
that wasnt a dream

The Ghost of Ember

Post by The Ghost of Ember (?) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:45 pm

shit
this universe is cursed

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:35 am

There was a lot to this anime_as_fuck dream I just had so let me see how well I can piece it together:

In the middle of the desert stood a giant colosseum. On the floor of this colosseum was what looked like a massive magic circle, but on closer inspection it resembled the face of a clock. This arena had been built by this sagely old bunny mechanic dude who I will refer to as the Tinker. The purpose of his magic-circle-clock-colosseum was to bind this big evil demon who I will refer to as Pandemonium, barring their entry into the world of the living so they can't slaughter literally everything. While the Tinker's work was successful, it was only part of the equation: Twelve gladiators needed to be standing at each hour of the clock at midnight, when Pandemonium would emerge. The demon would then begin their assault on each of the gladiators, starting with XII and working their way around the clock. The first one to get a mortal blow in each of these duels was the victor, only Pandemonium was not mortal and would simply move on to challenge the next gladiator whether they win or lose. For every gladiator that survives, Pandemonium's next appearance would be delayed by one day. If no gladiators survive or less than twelve are present to begin with, the seal is broken and the apocalypse begins. If all twelve gladiators survive, the seal is completed and Pandemonium can then be banished for good.

Fast forward some decades later where most of this dream actually takes place. A great desert city now surrounds the colosseum in a strange mixture of old roman, egyptian, and modern architecture. Pandemonium was never successfully banished, but is being held at bay by one capable duelist in particular: The Tinker's granddaughter, Gladiator XII, a regular Samurai Jack type who puts her life on the line time and time again in a determined effort to be rid of Pandemonium for good. While a few others have managed to stand their ground, there is always a struggle to fill the remaining slots with more capable fighters, and most of that falls on XII's shoulders. Between the heartbreak of having countless dead comrades, needing to scout and train a reserve of volunteers for the slaughter and then being blamed for their unpreparedness by grieving loved ones; she has grown cold and terse and unable to even smile. The only thing keeping her going is a vague promise to herself that she's going to forge a bright future for everyone.

In my dream I eventually witnessed an end to all this, where Gladiator XI secured the last seal which spurred XII to dunk Pandemonium back into the furthest reaches of Hell with one final REVENGEANCEFUL blow. And as she stands there victorious, all that burning anger is flooded over with sadness and she has a little breakdown, like it is finally okay to weep for everyone this ordeal had claimed.

Shit was so cool. I hate anime but I mean... I'd watch this one.

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:33 pm

i could not resist attempting to draw XII from the above dream :-I

like the city the dream takes place in, i went for a mashup of ancient roman and egyptian stuff, but i had to slip in a tiny bit of samurai aesthetic because it just felt right
:v:

Jill
Special Flowers

Re: 💤 PPPP dream thread v2: picking up where we slept off 🛏๏ธ

Post by Jill (?) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:51 pm

just had a weird one i can barely remember where some lady - who i will dub Katelyn on a whim - had this itty bitty daughter who was born with the spirit of some deity which made her susceptible to causing an apocalypse under some unknown/forgotten condition. whatever condition it was, it was eventually met, and a large swath of humanity was wiped out while the rest were turned into Pokemon

:-I

the dream proceeds in a very PMD-like fasion, but a bit darker. Katelyn is now a depressed Gardevoir who joins up with some band of survivors. she presumes that her immediate family is all dead, and her mind wanders while everyone else is figuring out what happened and where to go from here

there is a Gengar among them who i will refer to as Bud. he is unlike the Gengar you might remember from PMD1; more of a stoic and pragmatic meta-knight archetype. anyway, he makes an effort to get Katelyn to open up more and focus on what's important, but she won't budge and this only serves to frustrate the both of them

this eventually escalates to a point where Katelyn and a few of her sympathizers are infighting with the rest of the group while Bud just falls silent. to his dismay, it is eventually decided that Katelyn and company will part ways from everyone else

in the last and foggiest part of the dream i'm seeing Katelyn's supporters follow her over to some inconspicuous pile of rubble. she beckons toward it and out comes this itty bitty Kirlia she had been keeping a secret from everyone else. that's when Bud shows up and catches them off guard. Katelyn clutches her daughter as if believing that Bud knew the truth and would kill a child to prevent another apocalypse, but then her daughter is like 'daddy?' or something and oh my what a twist! none of her family died at all!

and they all lived happily ever after or something??? i probably woke up before there was any real conclusion tbh

Sage

Post by Sage (?) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:56 am

I've been having this dream where I stay in a hotel and then I randomly walk down one of the hallways... The hallway turns into an empty street and I'm walking in the middle of some country road next to a river. Sometimes in this dream, there's kids playing or a row of houses, a farmers market but this time the dream was empty. I was just walking down a street but then life started happening around me, homes popped up and all of a sudden I'm part of the Ginyu squad and there's DBZ characters flying around this place I was wandering. They didn't look realistic though, they all looked like they had flown out of the tv and were just existing in real life. I don't remember much after that, I think I was shopping at a farmer's market for Captain Ginyu?

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:20 am

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:55 pm

nice

Sage

Post by Sage (?) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:47 pm

I had this dream where I was coming back from summer camp and when my brother and me came back home, Galadriel was all of a sudden our mom and there was an orc army marching down the street. We had to defend our home from orcs when all of a sudden, klingons, rohan's army and the poor local police officers showed up to help. Just a bunch of bat'leths, guns firing and mounted guys with swords against the orcs and all Galadriel was doing was going off on this tangent about something I don't remember. Both me and my brother were like "mom, you're Galadriel, can't you help them?" all while she was just ranting away about something with her back to the fight lol. There were also dragons in the school's parking lot for some reason.

Sage

Post by Sage (?) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:44 pm

I dreamed of a fantasy world similar to a romanticized version of China, I was a wolf spirit who would do things for the local village. Like, find lost kids, protect the village from bandits, do random missions for the village members, hang around and eat with them, etc... Anyways, this one day a large group of people invaded this peaceful little village, there were too many of them for me to face alone, so the village was overtaken by this new group. I ended up serving the lord who now ran the village and slowly the village expanded and technology became more obvious. It soon became a cyberpunk sort of metropolis, I was no longer needed so they made some sort of cage for me and tried to capture me, I ended up running through this metropolis in both wolf form and human form, trying whatever I could to escape. One of the pursuers ended up tying two of my legs together and I ended up falling for a bit, but it was in a spot that was difficult for them to reach(I think it was on top of a stack of buildings?) so I laid there for a bit, trying to recuperate and gain back some energy since I was exhausted.

Suddenly, a group of criminals banded together to fend off the people who were chasing me, one of them freed me and covered for me as I tried to get out of the metropolis. I ended up with some "low class" people who didn't know who I was(I was in human form a bit before running into them) and they helped me escape the city. After a while of travelling with them, I told them who I was and what I was running into. The adults were pretty chill with it and one of the men gave me a sword and some new clothes. I ended up protecting them on their way to wherever they were going and I ended up falling asleep randomly under an apple tree and that's when I woke up irl. It was an interesting dream.

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Mon May 24, 2021 7:38 pm

just had this pretty anime dream of three ladies driving a big van through some post-apocalyptic world. they did not have names but i will distinguish them as such: miru is the spunky blonde, miranda is the super-serious shorter brunette who is kinda their commander, and minerva is the super-angry taller brunette who lugs around a sniper rifle everywhere she goes. the three of them are on a mission to bring a bunch of children to an underground city, because apparently the surface of the world is mostly inhabited by stray kids and the environment above-ground kills them off at an accelerated pace. the twist is that some of these kids have formed some kind of defeatist cult and are actively trying to sabotage any rescue efforts, i guess because they'd rather die beneath the sky than live in some underground shelter

but that's not all! the three of them are traveling with a deactivated Mega Man in some kind of stasis pod, and they're looking for any power source strong enough to re-ignite his core or some shit. because apparently fucking Mega Man is the only one who can save this doomed world for some reason my brain never actually thought about. and so, a few of the death cult's agents posing as rescuees manage to infiltrate the van and steal him

now the ladies have to put their rescue on hold and go on foot to extract their Mega Man from some ruined building. despite miranda being effectively their commander, she is mostly there to keep minerva's temper and bluntness in check. miru mostly acts independently once she has a clear objective and darts off like a ninja toward it. and while the other two follow behind, i remember minerva idly saying something like "guess we're going to war" and miranda is just like "don't call it that. we are not here to kill a bunch of fucking children" so i guess that kind of encapsulates their dynamic

when they first encounter the bad kids guarding the stolen Mega Man, they are assaulted with rocks and slingshots and shit, but all of it just phases through the three of them. yeah so apparently it turns out these gals are some kinda pseudo-hologram AR ghosts being run from machines underground. and so they get to only interact with physics only in ways that are convenient for them. miranda gets all smug about it and is like "if you want to hurt us, let's meet underground" and the kids are just kind of bewildered and frustrated while miru effortlessly brings back the pod containing one(1) Mega Man

i don't remember much of anything beyond that but man this feels like a pilot for some weirdass anime

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Thu May 27, 2021 3:46 pm

Last night I had a dream about visiting my grandmother's house, but it was like whoever bought it after she died over a decade ago was selling it today and I was touring the place. Maybe I'll go drive by it this weekend and/or visit her grave.

RIP Syndrome
i can be yuor angle... or youยดre DEBIL
Rainbow Racers

Post by RIP Syndrome (?) » Sat May 29, 2021 6:42 pm

I had a nightmare about drowning from some creature pulling me under and it was fucking awesome. you would not believe how happy I still am about that nightmare. I dunno why I feel so strongly about it but it was genuinely such a powerful moment to actually feel like I was drowning and desperately gasping for air when I managed to almost resurface while still fighting off the creature. waking upo after that I was still reeling from it but like, holy shit it's been a while since I've appreciated the absolute power my brain has over my reality and how much better it can be than even the wildest drug or horror movie or whatever.

i'm genuienly happy when I think back on that. fuck yeah that was a good nightmare.
this post and youยดre face โ„ข&ยฉ20234 R.I.P. Shitpostal Service LLC
for licensing inquiries, please contact :twisted:, VP of Licensing at R.I.P. Enterprises
~ORIGINAILL COUNTENTEH SINCE 1666 DONTE is good STEEL PLS~

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:14 am

i have not been able to get this dream off my mind since i had it. i'm going to try and narrate this from the weird perspective in which i dreamt it

---

just now, my system was powered on from no apparent input source. non-essential memory banks appear to contain large amounts of junk data. i surmise that these were my memories before undergoing some form of encryption to bar me from accessing them. the possible implications of this are numerous, and each one fills me with a sense of dread. i am somewhat afraid to even take an assessment of my surroundings

i am in a familiar place, but one that i have no formal recollection of. there are a number of computers, monitors, and other miscellaneous machine parts strewn about. there is a bed here, which i appear to have been bundled up in while powered off. next to me is a small chair facing a table with a closed laptop on it. i can tell just by looking around that nothing in this room has been powered on for a very long time, and the same likely applies to myself. i can still fetch a few odd memories about this place... it was a valued place of rest, deflation, and defragmentation to me. right now though, without the gentle hums of gadgetry and everything appearing so defunct... it is an eerie place to be

i'm now consciously noticing that my optical and aural sensors are still in fair condition. what i can't seem to assess is the remaining structural integrity of my limbs, but i suppose they're still serviceable if i made it over to the next room. this space is a little more conventionally cozy. there's a television with a cracked screen, a pair of sofas, a pair of armchairs, a coffee table... i really can't tell how delicate my legs are, so i'm going to err on the safe side and immediately have a seat here. this room only looks vaguely familiar to me, like it might have been rearranged while i was powered off. what sticks out to me here is this framed photograph sitting on a shelf underneath the TV. there is one person in this picture that i recognize without a doubt, because it's me. i'm just smiling meekly as my face is gently pressed against that of a woman who is hugging me from behind. i can't seem to remember who this woman is, but this specific photograph appears to stick out in my mind. it floods me with this sense of grief, or perhaps anger, that i don't really understand. it is unpleasant to the point where i'm not interested in trying to make any more sense of it. while i can't help but wonder who she is, or who we were for that matter, i will endeavor to focus my attention elsewhere

there is a door here which i know leads outside, so that's where i'm going. it's daylight out, but overcast. somewhat breezy. there's a small neighborhood here on a lightly forested mountain. my memory of this area appears to be fairly intact. i'm on a large island where one can follow the road in any direction and end up in some harbor town. there were lots of small communities here which now amount to abandoned buildings. i'm trying to remember why that is, and one of the more recent encrypted memories still appears to make a bit of sense to me. everyone was getting ready to do something, or to go somewhere. there were all these doors made out of rocks. i kept wondering about them, and if they were ever going to be used for something. i don't think i ever got a complete answer, but i was made to believe all of us would be passing through them at some point. and i'm pretty sure i never got to do so. they must have just left me behind...

right now there are no error readings coming from my arms but my hand motors appear to be reacting to something. they won't stop vibrating. i may have corrupted something in trying to decrypt that memory, because i do not detect any errors even though my################

---

and that is the point where my thoughts became garbled and i woke up shortly after, wondering what the hell i just experienced. like i just genuinely did not know what was going on within my dream-consciousness but i knew absolutely everything in my dream-subconsciousness, and it formed this weirdly coherent and depressing narrative out of that. never mind being some kind of android and feeling nothing is out of the ordinary about it. i will never understand dreams

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:20 am

had a pretty uncomfortable dream where i was still in high school (and not out as trans) and we had some kind of hypnosis specialist come in and... do weird stuff. only he was dressed all sharp like a stage magician or something, but his clothes were also made up of these vibrantly-colored patterns like some kinda hybrid clown-magician getup

anyway, we were at first doing some kind of introspective thing that involved being hypnotized. all i remember is that i was expecting the whole pendulum/pocket watch deal and instead he just put his hand over my gut, which made my stomach churn and caused me to black out. moments later i was 'awake' again, but everything was in greyscale now for whatever reason. i looked around the classroom and saw no one, and then i stood up only to see myself still passed out at my desk. in that moment i speculated that this is some kind of weird solitary astral projection sort of thing, and only then did i notice that my regular teacher was also present. but she was talking to someone on the phone and didn't seem to notice either one of me

then i abruptly found myself back in the 'real' classroom with everyone else, but the desks had all been cleared out and most of the room was dark except for a lit up dance floor that now existed for some reason. the other students were already over there dancing furiously while i'm still confused about what i experienced before whatever fresh hell this is. i spotted the hypnotist guy in the darker part of the room, who then approached me and without a word pointed over to another spot-lit part of the room i hadn't noticed before. there was this big machine there with one up-facing chute on one side and two down-facing chutes on the other. upon seeing this machine i spontaneously understood what was going on and was very not okay with it. basically, the students were supposed to go make a fool of themselves on the dance floor after swapping bodies with each other as some kind of perverse test of empathy, and this machine provided the means to do so. as far as i could tell, the hypnotist dude was the only other person who hadn't partaken yet, but then it turns out he has an assistant who abruptly rode in from the darkness on a fucking UFO and barely gave me any time to get a glimpse of her (green pixie cut, white leotard, some other very anime-looking bits and bobs that kinda resembled a sailor moon getup) before i was in the tractor beam, which caused me to black out again

i soon found myself lying on the floor, but i refused to open my eyes. the first thing i could feel was that the shape of my face had changed, and the second was that i had significantly less clothing on. so i figure i'm the assistant now, and i'm going to just play the fuck dead until this is all over. not just for the general stage fright in me, but for fear of witnessing whatever my actual body is up to. surely enough the hypnotist guy was already there to tell me to get up, and so i continued playing dead. he then said something to the effect of "come on! you're gorgeous! they'll love you!" and then he just fucking stepped on my back with some kind of blade sticking out from his heel. it was very painful, but still not a very convincing way to get me to move. (if anything, the fact that he chose pain to get his way just made me want to endure it out of spite) i felt the same sensation again and again, like he was walking around on my back with knives strapped to his shoes, but it gradually got less painful until he seemed to give up. i woke up soon after with a bit of an ache in my lower back

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:12 pm

in this dream i found myself being woken up on the couch at a relative's house. one of my cousins directed me toward one of the windows, where one could see a marvelous sight: the full moon had swollen to several times its usual size, but it wasn't just the moon. other planets were now in plain sight as vibrant orbs in the night sky. as more of my relatives showed up to gaze at the spectacle, i looked through another window and could see what i assumed to be the center of our galaxy, rendered as a massive spiral cloud of blue fog.

i made a simple educated guess as to what was happening, and with that guess i began to feel an immense horror amidst my family's fascination at the spectacle. as the orbs in the sky began to occlude one-another, i could feel a wave of heat wash over me. was this a panic symptom? of course not, for i could see that the things around me were already bursting into flames. before long, all i could see in the intense heat was the flames dancing across my face

then i woke up