My Ongoing Drawventures

It's lovely, darling! (Fanart, Fanfics, Pony or not Pony. If you're creative, post here!)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Quanta
Which Witch?
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

My Ongoing Drawventures

Post by Quanta (?) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:43 pm

Hey. So I've decided once and for all that I'm going to try and learn to draw finally. Historically, it's been a struggle since I'm also dealing with ADHD and so my attention flits from one thing to the next and I often have trouble even starting stuff. However, I've decided that the best way for me to accomplish anything when it comes to this (or any) goal is to just do what I can, when I can, and to seek advice from people when needed.

For now, I'm going to use this thread as something of a liveblog of my progress and what my current long-and-short-term goals are. Eventually, I'll start posting artwork.

Current long-term goal: Establish a drawing routine of at least once every couple of days
Current short-term goal: Complete 5 pages of ellipses to help train my muscle memory
ImageImage
Image3DS Friend Code: 2852-6885-2752

Quanta
Which Witch?
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Re: My Ongoing Drawventures

Post by Quanta (?) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:55 pm

I managed to finish 3/5 pages of ellipses today, which is a major feat for me. One thing I'm concerned about is whether I'm performing the motion correctly. The ellipses are wide and on an angle due to how I've been holding my drawing board, and I'm holding the pencil with an overhand grip like so:

Because I'm trying to keep comfortable, I feel like I'm not able to move laterally, so my arm ends up drifting downwards and to the left as I draw most of the time. It might just be that I need to keep at it and practice different motions to get a feel for them though.
ImageImage
Image3DS Friend Code: 2852-6885-2752

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Re: My Ongoing Drawventures

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:56 am

Doodling is an excellent way to practice and get used to using a pencil, for real. Keep at it :yay:
Image /// Image /// Image