Just a regular AMA (I thought I’d just be playing some Rocket League but instead I ended up at a drum ‘n bass party)

Come on in, come to the place where fun never ends. (Shenanigans!)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Demeh
Limo Learners

Just a regular AMA (I thought I’d just be playing some Rocket League but instead I ended up at a drum ‘n bass party)

Post by Demeh (?) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:27 pm

So that was my night AMA

Edit also ask me other stuff, see my post below
Last edited by Demeh on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Demeh
Limo Learners

Re: AMA belated bandwagon: I thought I’d just be playing some Rocket League but instead I ended up at a drum ‘n bass par

Post by Demeh (?) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:29 pm

I’ll answer your questions in the morning because drum ‘n bass is so fucking boring I require at least 12 hours of sleep to recover

Gloomy Rube
I want you to be like a hamster please
Celestia's Champions

Re: AMA belated bandwagon: I thought I’d just be playing some Rocket League but instead I ended up at a drum ‘n bass par

Post by Gloomy Rube (?) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:38 pm

how did this happen?
ImageImageImageImage

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:25 pm

was the party worth it

The Ghost of Ember
don't you feel so scared sometimes?

Post by The Ghost of Ember (?) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:01 am

what made this thread so late
RIP Syndrome wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:56 pm
this universe is cursed

Demeh
Limo Learners

Post by Demeh (?) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:51 am

Gloomy Rube wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:38 pm
how did this happen?
Basically I was invited to a birthday party at a nearby pub, but I hadn’t gotten a great night of sleep so I wasn’t really feeling how loud and busy the birthday lady’s parties tend to be. However I did feel like having laid-back drinks with friends, instead, so I asked like all of them but no one was available. At the moment that made me go in a bit of a weird mood (I wanted to do something with people but I wasn’t really doing anything and I had a really hard time starting anything so I felt a bit like a passive blob.) Luckily my brother asked to play some Rocket League, and this lifted my spirits a bit, and then I invited Isaak to join us and we completely and utterly dominated.

Sidenote: I always thought I was an introvert but I’m more and more starting to believe that I’m more of a bit of a shy extravert? Also maybe it’s just dumb to try and put labels like those on myself but alas it’s something we all do. Anyway.

It was getting close to midnight then but I figured “hey I’m feeling pretty good now and I do like the birthday girl and most of her friends let’s give them a visit still.” I went, it was fun, and people kept asking me whether I would be joining for the drum ‘n bass party after, somewhere else. Entry free of charge.

My Dutch blood reacted violently to the idea of free entry, and I said “Sure!”

So we went. And I just didn’t get it. I mean musical taste is subjective and all but holy shit every single song cemented itself in the lowest 1% of songs I have ever heard. Is this really only fun when you’re on ecstasy or something?? That wasn’t the case because my friends seemed to be having fun. Idk just not for me I suppose.

Demeh
Limo Learners

Post by Demeh (?) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:52 am

Madeline wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:25 pm
was the party worth it
I mean, I guess I figured out something about my taste in parties and music. I can’t really say it wasn’t worth it, it’s just that I never want to go to another ever again

Demeh
Limo Learners

Post by Demeh (?) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:56 am

The Ghost of Ember wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:01 am
what made this thread so late
The AMA bandwagon part is the part that is late. The thread was also posted late, but that’s because of the aforementioned parties, obviously.

Also fuck it this is just a normal AMA now hey guys I’m Demeh, I just spend the last year on sick leave, I like lifting and wrestling, and right now I volunteer as a language coach as well as a life style and sports coach AMA

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Re: Just a regular AMA (I thought I’d just be playing some Rocket League but instead I ended up at a drum ‘n bass party)

Post by Madeline (?) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:12 pm

What languages do you teach?

Demeh
Limo Learners

Re: Just a regular AMA (I thought I’d just be playing some Rocket League but instead I ended up at a drum ‘n bass party)

Post by Demeh (?) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:44 am

I teach Dutch! Either to immigrants who don’t speak the language well, or to Dutch people who never learned how to read or write.

ToastGhost
Big adventure's waiting.
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by ToastGhost (?) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:59 am

What do you most want to eat?
ImageImageImage

Demeh
Limo Learners

Post by Demeh (?) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:06 am

Right now?

All the awful Sinterklaas cakery that's around right now, like

kruidnoten

gevulde speculaas

pepernoten

gevulde speculaas

schuimpjes

gevulde speculaas

gevulde speculaas

gevulde speculaas

yeah mostly gevulde speculaas but they're such goddamned caloriebombs and once I stop eating this shit I can't stop

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:43 am

:wantitneedit:

that looks yummy
ImageImage Image Image

;) ❤️ :twasnothin: ❤️ :fancyhat:

Demeh
Limo Learners

Post by Demeh (?) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:59 am

I bought a gevulde speculaas vlaai

ToastGhost
Big adventure's waiting.
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by ToastGhost (?) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:35 am

Your language is so pleasant and funny and please don't take that the wrong way. :hilarious:
ImageImageImage

Demeh
Limo Learners

Post by Demeh (?) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:18 am

i know right it's the best

why do you think i turn so many threads into dutch circlejerks

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:29 pm

I want to try gevulde speculaas now
Image /// Image /// Image