Donald Trump Thread

Old Mare Yells At Cloud. (News, Events, Philosophy)
Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Re: Donald Trump Thread

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:42 am

Happy birthday you orange piece of shit
ImageImageImageImageImage

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:56 am

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.jpg

There’s this, I guess.

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 am

She wasn't wearing it when she got off the plane, it's probably not as big a deal as it's-

What's that?

The designer of the jacket has been criticized in the past for pro-Nazi imagery in its clothing? Surely it can't be that bad-
“Zara cultivates a worldly and cosmopolitan image, but the company is notorious for selling products featuring racist and anti-Semitic images and messages, including handbags depicting swastikas, children’s pajamas resembling concentration camp uniforms (a product that, after an international outcry, the company said would be ‘exterminated’), necklaces containing figurines in black face, and a T-shirt proclaiming that ‘White Is the New Black,'” the complaint states. [Parentheses in original.]
Did.... Did Stephen Miller pick her wardrobe?
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:07 am

:rariwhat:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:18 am

This truly is the dumbest timeline.
Image /// Image /// Image

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:08 am

Meanwhile he once again uses this as a smokescreen. This time to deflect an executive order he made to revoke Obama's National Ocean Policy. So now the ocean is once again open to drilling.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:12 am

Bill Plympton is doing some Trump shorts for the NYT.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Pocket
everything's a little bit weird now

Post by Pocket (?) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 pm

His paranoia was entertaining, at least. It's not like we were ever going to get anyone good running any department or agency as long as Trump's still in the White House. I wonder if we'll ever find out just who or what he was afraid of all this time.
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of...

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:15 pm

I hope they don't cancel all the investigations just because he's leaving.

Pocket

Post by Pocket (?) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:15 am

We finally have solid evidence that Trump is guilty of tax fraud, but that's not what stood out to me about this article. Buried at the very bottom among a list of white-collar crimes he's conspiring to make unenforceable is this bit:
Trump is making the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the agency tasked with cracking down on fraudulent credit cards and banking, almost helpless.
So we can worry about identity theft becoming de facto legal now. What the hell is next? Legalizing ransomware? Mugging? Just straight-up turning law enforcement into a protection racket? The man is literally running the country like an organized crime boss.
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of...

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:14 am

I'm wondering if there's a single crime he could commit at this point that his followers wouldn't turn a blind eye to. That whole thing about how he could murder someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight and get away with it is probably true.

Factory Factory
nice box
Semper Pie

Post by Factory Factory (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:35 am

The cruelty is the point.

Or, besides a pithy link re-using the title, here's the full URL: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... nt/572104/

TW: historical references to racial violence and lynching, contemporary reference sexual assault (specifically Dr. Ford and her treatment by Trump and the GOP)

tl;dr: To Donald Trump's supporters, cruelty is a bonding activity. It's the latest incarnation of an old American tradition. A support-disqualifying crime would have to be a crime against his supporters. Anything, possibly literally anything, he does to people his supporters don't like will only increase their support of him.
There is no guarantee that the wizard selling you that bag full of magic sand is wearing pants underneath his robes.

Pocket

Post by Pocket (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:54 am

I wonder if that can be said of the entire Republican party at this point, because it certainly seems like Congress is just as willing to stand by everything he says and does. There has been speculation that the Russian hackers dug up some serious blackmail fodder, and if that's true I'm crossing my fingers that it all gets leaked soon.

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 am

Pocket wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:54 am
I wonder if that can be said of the entire Republican party at this point, because it certainly seems like Congress is just as willing to stand by everything he says and does. There has been speculation that the Russian hackers dug up some serious blackmail fodder, and if that's true I'm crossing my fingers that it all gets leaked soon.
I wouldn't be surprised, but I don't think they need it. The Tea Party dragged all the old Republican Congressmen along with their demands because they were a big enough chunk of the Republican base, and they supported all the stuff the Republicans said they wanted anyway. Now their base is a seething mob that will agree with literally anything Trump says, so the party makes his whims their new platform.

Lindsey Graham was low on my list of "likely to have a freak-out and start trashing the rape victim publicly," but here we are. Either he wants that AG job, or he's terrified of his voters. Or he agreed with them all long, which... is getting hard to deny these days.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:32 am

Factory Factory wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:35 am
tl;dr: To Donald Trump's supporters, cruelty is a bonding activity. It's the latest incarnation of an old American tradition. A support-disqualifying crime would have to be a crime against his supporters. Anything, possibly literally anything, he does to people his supporters don't like will only increase their support of him.
He suggested taking people's guns away without due process a while back and that didn't change their minds either. :pinkieshrug:

Pocket

Post by Pocket (?) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:33 am

They understood that he didn't mean them.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:32 pm

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:39 pm

The immediate conservative response was, "But they weren't classified e-mails!"

Also, she didn't get the reminders the Administration had been sending out not to do this (because she's not part of the Administration, because that would be nepotism, which is illegal).

So why does she get to participate in the Administration and send/receive e-mails with various important government agencies again?

Bremen

Post by Bremen (?) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:32 pm

SlateSlabrock wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:39 pm
The immediate conservative response was, "But they weren't classified e-mails!"

Also, she didn't get the reminders the Administration had been sending out not to do this (because she's not part of the Administration, because that would be nepotism, which is illegal).

So why does she get to participate in the Administration and send/receive e-mails with various important government agencies again?
The claim that Ivanka Trump could not be aware that using a personal e-mail for official government business was a bad idea, after the 2016 election, is laughable to the point of absurdity.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Hey isn't it great we let the Saudis kill that American citizen? Now our gas prices are lower! :amazing:

Bremen

Post by Bremen (?) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:42 pm

Octavia wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Hey isn't it great we let the Saudis kill that American citizen? Now our gas prices are lower! :amazing:
Also Saudi Arabia just announced a week ago they were cutting production to drive the prices up.

It's almost impressive how massively incompetent Trump manages to be.

Frosthawk
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by Frosthawk (?) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 am

I'm sure all the conservative oilfield voters are thrilled with that tweet.

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Frosthawk wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 am
I'm sure all the conservative oilfield voters are thrilled with that tweet.
As long as we hurt the gays and the brown people, they don't care.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:23 pm

The least shocking scoop of the day.

Pocket

Post by Pocket (?) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:21 pm

Jeff Bezos is being targeted by the National Enquirer for asserting that they have dirt on Trump and are keeping it under wraps. Rather than bend over for them, he instead published the entirety of their blackmail threat.

I'm hoping this leads to another huge suit like the one that destroyed Gawker. In part because fuck the National Enquirer and every other publication their parent company owns, but also because I want whatever they know about Trump or anyone else in the government laid bare in the aftermath. Fuck 'em up, Jeff.

Dexanth
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dexanth (?) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:01 pm

I still love the narrative that like 'Gawker died because one billionaire hated us and killed free journalism' and it's like, no, Gawker died because it was really cruel to people and finally was cruel to someone with more power who decided to do something about it.

The Free Press is 100% under siege but the Gawker death is one I still don't feel bad about because they bathed in vicious gossip and proclaimed that it was newsworthy

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:22 pm

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Well the tariff on EU goods has gone into effect. Irish whiskey and Scotch are now at least 10 dollars more per bottle. Fuck you you orange piece of shit.

Name: Tammy

Pocket

Post by Pocket (?) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:02 pm

The editor-in-chief of Christianity Today just put out an editorial openly calling for the President of the US to be thrown out.

More tellingly, they saw fit to tweet the archived editorials about Nixon and Clinton, during their scandals, and the contrast is interesting. Neither outright called for the president to be removed from office; Clinton's was just like "what he did was wrong and an erosion of the public trust" and Nixon's was like "he should stand trial because the system needs to play out; let's not set the precedent that you can just pressure a president to resign whenever you don't like him".

Pocket

Post by Pocket (?) » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:00 pm