PL2E1-2: Cute Impact/The Crystal Capturing Contraption/The Comet Section/Cotton Candy-colored Glasses

Episode, movie, and comic book discussion threads are kept here once they have been released.

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

PL2E1-2: Cute Impact/The Crystal Capturing Contraption/The Comet Section/Cotton Candy-colored Glasses

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:14 am

Cute Impact
Twilight Sparkle makes a startling discovery and decides this is one problem she must solve alone.

The Crystal Capturing Contraption
Hoping to be Equestria’s newest reporter, Fluttershy interviews the rest of the Mane 6 about the coming Cotton Candy Comet.

The Comet Section
Rarity decides to throw a comet-viewing party for all of Ponyville.

Cotton Candy-colored Glasses
Rainbow Dash decides to raise funds by selling commemorative comet merchandise, but unfortunately another pony gets the same idea.
Looks like Pony Life is back! UK network Tiny Pop is taking point on airing this season of Pony Life, showing one episode every weekday, starting today. The fandom doesn't seem to have organized streams (yet) as there were for Treehouse and DF in years past, but drop by #ponyday on Discord and we'll dredge up TV rips as always.

SigmasonicX

Re: PL2E1-2: Cute Impact/The Crystal Capturing Contraption/The Comet Section/Cotton Candy-colored Glasses

Post by SigmasonicX (?) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:24 am

Season 2 opens with another story arc! Well, sort of. It seems like this will be resolved in a 22 minute chunk, which I assume is how it'll be aired in the US.

There isn't much to laugh out loud about in these stories, and there isn't much to pick out for tweets, but it's nice and cozy. And the pacing isn't weird like at the start of season one.

It was actually a pretty nice twist for Twilight to desperately research the menacing new astronomical phenomenon, only to find that it's actually a good thing. And then the remaining stories are all about the different aspects of the comet's arrival and the celebration.

In the second story, it was nice to see Fluttershy push herself by being a reporter, though the lesson about her and Pinkie considering each other's feelings was very basic. It was amusing when Pinkie said she needed Fluttershy's help to get up high, and I thought she meant by using her wings, but then Fluttershy used her size changing powers that I had forgotten about.

Overall, nothing too remarkable, but it's nice to have the show back.

Cute Twilight moment

Rarity book

Adiwan
Patreon supporter

Re: PL2E1-2: Cute Impact/The Crystal Capturing Contraption/The Comet Section/Cotton Candy-colored Glasses

Post by Adiwan (?) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:00 pm

I agree. The episode isn't too remarkable. I guess the initial "Pony Life" shock is out of our systems and turned our expectations to accept this as normal when it comes to Pony Life content.
End of the world. Candy comet... Part of the new normal.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

SigmasonicX

Post by SigmasonicX (?) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 pm

Decided to follow the US airings, since it's not like anyone's going to spoil me about later episodes; even My Little Pony Out of Context is choosing to follow the Canadian schedule for posts, and that's airing stuff after the US!

With that,
202. The Comet Section / Cotton Candy-Colored Glasses
The first part was a nice little Rarity and Twilight story. Got a hug, got Rarity helping out with Twilight's calculations, so I'm satisfied. It was a pretty fun story otherwise too, with Rarity's celebrations getting pared down each time.

Second story involves Rainbow planning to be a scalper, but then Dishwater buys up all the stock first and scalps even harder. OK, I guess the idea was that Rainbow was going to sell the glasses at a normal price, but it was unclear. In any case, Rainbow and Applejack then deciding to provide for the whole celebration was nice. This story was alright.

Hug!
Cat music
Rarity helping with the math problem

Scalper identified
Nice to see Applejack and Rainbow help everyone out