Thread for music tracks that are used like for five seconds or in one room that you spend no time in (not battle themes)

Ooh, I love fun things! (Games, both video and traditional, discussion. looser posting styles allowed)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Dropping tears does not always mean the sadness.
Rarity's Roughnecks

Thread for music tracks that are used like for five seconds or in one room that you spend no time in (not battle themes)

Post by Orange Fluffy Sheep (?) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 pm

Digital Devil Saga has, like, lobby themes for the other territories before you go into the dungeons proper, so getting to listen to them very long is rare.

Manipura here, it's rare to get to the pick-up in the tempo, much less to the solo at 1:26 even when chatting with people.
:snoop: Image :snoop:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Rarity's Roughnecks

Re: Thread for music tracks that are used like for five seconds or in one room that you spend no time in (not battle the

Post by Orange Fluffy Sheep (?) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 pm

Cyberpunk as hell. Used in literally one room, because Kasumigaseki is a one-room bunker.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Rarity's Roughnecks

Re: Thread for music tracks that are used like for five seconds or in one room that you spend no time in (not battle the

Post by Orange Fluffy Sheep (?) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:58 pm

I can only guess by the track name (that's Bat's atma) that it has something to do with his first cutscene when you fight him at Manipura

but damn that's way more sinister than the jobber deserves

Perpetual Motion
Enthusiasm makes everything an adventure.

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:30 am

This is the one that will always stick out to me:

It only plays on an empty one-screen long bridge, and I actually stopped and walked back out of the castle to listen to it when I realized that it didn't play inside.
Last edited by Perpetual Motion on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jill
it's the super maria sisters super show!!!
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:51 pm

Orange Fluffy Sheep wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 pm
Cyberpunk as hell. Used in literally one room, because Kasumigaseki is a one-room bunker.
i came here to post this and now i have to think of something else

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:54 pm

Perpetual Motion

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:31 pm

Apparently the video I posted was made private in the last day or so, so I fixed it

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:23 pm

i just remembered this one which i think only plays a little bit in one of the first cutscenes

Snowfire
Night Mares

Post by Snowfire (?) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:45 pm

This background music for the Tower is really nice. :flutterunsmith:

Name: Tammy

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Orange Fluffy Sheep (?) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:49 pm

This song plays only after entering Cynthia's room and before actually fighting her, and it's one of the best things to come out of the DS.

Part of its imposing atmosphere is that it is the music for goddamn Cynthia and is the prelude to that fucking Garchomp, but damn!

Perpetual Motion

Post by Perpetual Motion (?) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:27 am

Orange Fluffy Sheep wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:49 pm

This song plays only after entering Cynthia's room and before actually fighting her, and it's one of the best things to come out of the DS.

Part of its imposing atmosphere is that it is the music for goddamn Cynthia and is the prelude to that fucking Garchomp, but damn!
That piano lead-in is so iconic that it got a 50/50 share of Cynthia's remixed battle theme in the Pokemon Masters gacha game:

Considering that most every other champion theme remixed thus far is extremely straightforward in terms of the song it is adapting, that says a whole lot about how damn great that piano bit is.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Orange Fluffy Sheep (?) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:08 pm

It's only used in a few repetitive cutscenes in SMT4 indicating you're done doing quests at that particular town, and twice in SMT4A during fake conclusion celebrations.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Orange Fluffy Sheep (?) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:10 pm

It only plays in cutscenes, and the audio mixing in this game is weird as fuck and Elma never shuts the fuck up about some bullshit or other whenever it is playing, so you never really get to hear it.

Jill
Special Flowers

Post by Jill (?) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:02 pm

this plays in a level that is basically just a shortcut betweeen 1-1 and 3-3, and is typically cleared in a matter of seconds so you don't get to hear the most bangin' parts. if you're in the discord you can see a clip of it here: https://discord.com/channels/1739445916 ... 8545945741