Forumswide Secret Celestia X-Mas X-travaganza 2!

Where only the shiniest threads are preserved for all to see.
Willsun

Forumswide Secret Celestia X-Mas X-travaganza 2!

Post by Willsun » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Gift posting begins at page 13 when Perrydotto fires the first shot.

:sweetielarm: IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN, PONYGOONS! :sweetielarm:

Gosh, if you were around last year, you'll remember all the fun we had making, buying, ordering, preparing, receiving, and posting about presents. This year we plan to do it again! In case you're new to the whole "Secret Santa" thing, everyone basically pools their names in and you're all randomly given someone else's name to give a present to. This of course means that since we're a community who mostly interacts from the comfort of our homes, we'd need to exchange addresses in order for Secret Santa to work. I will be that main node to which I collect and distribute addresses to whoever is paired up to you. That said, I'd like to give the usual disclaimer...

If at anytime you have doubts or reservations about this event, you can simply not participate. It is always the safest choice. This site nor I will be responsible for any misgivings you may have that comes from this event.

Also, this year there is no eligibility hurdle! I will remind you, however, that since we're handling addresses and it is a serious thing to abuse info about someone else, punishments will be severe if you do someone wrong. Anyway, the rules remain largely the same as last year, so I'm going to copy-paste what I had and change dates accordingly.

The rules:
  • Failure to comply to any of these can result in a ban! A CHRISTMASY BAN!
  • You will be given a randomly selected participant Ponygoon to give gifts to. No asking to trade persons.
  • There is a $25 limit. This doesn't include shipping, but keep in mind there are European/International fellas here (relative to the United States) so budget accordingly if you get one. I am not doing separate brackets for countries.
    STOLEN FROM SASS:
    how expensive should the thing I send be?
    That's the wrong question. The right question is "How expensive a gift should I expect to receive?" The answer to that question, which I really wish you would ask instead, is "between 0 and 20 25 dollars". You may, of course, send something of any value you want (excepting less than 0 dollars), and amazing things have happened in past years. Don't you want to be amazing?
  • HOWEVER! You can volunteer to be randomly given an international person! We would appreciate it! Read further below on where to include the info.
  • If you're ordering something to be shipped, you may have it shipped straight to your giftee, but please do this after DECEMBER 1st, 2012 so someone doesn't receive their gift super early and be tempted to open it prematurely. If you're sending something abroad, however, PM/e-mail me about it if you want to send it early because I can allow that because last year we ran into shipping problems with some overseas stuff.
  • Gifts must be physical. No promises of a service upon request or any of that.
  • No cash. Not only is it not creative, but it's downright dangerous to send because unsupervised mailmen can just pretend it got lost in the sorting warehouse.
  • Food is allowed, but please be smart about customs and all that. Ask your local post office or just don't send food.
  • Be advised it is up to my discretion if your gift included no effort or is a terribly unfunny joke. Ironic joke gifts are allowed if you really know that person (like through IRC). Please just be sincere for the holidays.
  • Art as a gift is allowed, but it better be of some quality and thought. We know whose art is actually present-worthy.
  • Of course, send nothing illegal. Even if it's legal in YOUR country and it's not legal at your Santee's country, DON'T SEND IT.
  • Keep all presents family friendly. No creepy shit.
  • Christmas card recommended to go along with your gift, but not necessary (I will call you a scrooge).
  • All participants must post what they got! Not only will it be fun, but it is proof to me that the sender did his/her deed. Please e-mail me if you have plans to be elsewhere from your shipping address on Christmas and you don't get your present before leaving. Even if your Secret Santa sends you your stuff super early, do not post about it until DECEMBER 25th, 2012 (if your time zone is already there, go for it). Opening presents early is fine but post about it after Christmas.
  • The present(s) you are sending should obviously reach your person on or before Christmas. There is a one week grace period because Christmas shipping will be crazy and we understand. If I do not hear from you within or before this time, I will be cracking down hard. AT LEAST tell me your situation so I know.
  • If you live with anyone else like parents, roommates, significant other, make certain that they know to expect a package with your user name or whatever name you decided to submit to me. Certain delivery services require the receiver to sign for packages, and if you live with someone who might refuse to sign for a package with an unrecognizable name, it's in your best interest to let them know ahead of time. If you are paranoid about giving out your real name and someone you live with turns away the gift intended for you, your Santa is not required to have to try shipping it to you again and waste money on your ineptitude. They may keep your present at no fault.
  • At all times you will not spoil who your giftee is. Do not *hint hint wink wink* or try to be cute and clever because you can't hold a secret. Please don't ask others for recommendations for a person. Read the next section regarding this.
  • You may only reveal who you are after your giftee posted about what they received. You may also choose to remain anonymous to your person if you so feel like it.
  • At all times you are to never post or give out your shipping address unless it's to me through e-mail. Also read the next section regarding this.
  • If your Secret Santa is banned before Christmas and you haven't gotten your gift, we'll pair you up with someone else if there is anyone else. If there's no one else, then I'm terribly sorry.
  • Very important: For the love of all that is holy please do not get sore if you don't get something you exactly wanted or whatever was listed as #1 on your gift ideas.
  • You are never allowed to back out. If you think there's a good chance you'll forget because "I got busy with school" or you think you might not make next month's rent or something, please don't participate.[/list:u]

So let's get started:
    • Everything sounds good? Are you cool with this? WELL!
    • Begin by sending an e-mail to ponyxmas[at]gmail[dot]com (this is me, Willsun) with your username on this forum and shipping address. If you're up for volunteering to be paired with an international person, let me know in the e-mail.
    • Make a post here with 3 recommendations of gifts you want to give your Secret Santa some ideas. Remember the $25ish limit and don't be a crybaby if you don't get something from your recommendations. Do not post your (generous) desire to volunteer to be paired with an international person here for secret's sake.
    • If you post a bunch of outrageous recommendations without anything real your Secret Santa can use, I'm just going to exclude you and then ban you for wasting my time.
    • Optional information: include your shirt size. There are tons of awesome shirts people want and if you asked for one, then please be a doll and include the info. Remember, you might still not get them anyway! Joke's on you!
    • DEADLINE TO PARTICIPATE IS BY NOVEMBER 17th, 2012, 11:59pm PST. I will randomly pair people up and e-mail you who your giftee is ASAP.
    • If you are reading this late and still want to participate, go ahead and send me an e-mail anyway and if there's someone else in the same boat as you, I'll pair you guys up. Just remember that there is no guarantee you get to participate. If I let you know that I found someone for you, do not post your recommendations in the thread or else it'll be too obvious to everyone. I'll simply e-mail your Secret Santa your list. I'll also assume you will take international people. If you're not okay with that, then don't join. It's too late.
    • Again, we here at Ponygoons are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods involved in this event.[/list:u]

Secret Celestia is watching. :pcstare:

Willsun

Re: Forumswide Secret Celestia X-Mas X-travaganza 2!

Post by Willsun » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:02 pm

tl;dr - Same as last year, but there is no eligibility about how long you've been on the forums, and the sign-up date is a lot later than last year because season 3 is starting way later and we'd like to include the folks who will return when episodes start airing again.

I just want to reiterate again, the biggest problems we had last year:
  • Be careful about shipping directly from a store to your Santee's address. Especially during Christmas time, packages will go AWOL or delivered to limbo due to exhausted workers' ineptitude. Highly recommended to get insurance or tracking if you can afford it.
  • Despite my clear warnings, people STILL get sore and hurt and passive-aggressive when they don't get the gift they thought they would get. If you think you will be the least bit disappointed about getting a gift from the kindness of a stranger, do not even join this event. I'm seriously going to be on instant-kill for anyone mucking up the holiday spirit this season.
  • Even though the Santee may not be at fault for an undelivered present, I ask that everyone remember to keep an eye out for your PM or e-mail inbox if we're trying to check to see if someone's present has gone through for you.[/list:u]

Good things we DID do last year though:
    • Everyone was super good about posting pictures of what they got. We even had some videos! I encourage that kind of stuff again! Remember, however, that I reserve the right to take down your video if I think it's too weird and that if you choose to show your face online, that's up to you.
    • We had lots of international volunteers! I'm always afraid of not having enough people willing to be paired with international folks outside the US, so I encourage anyone to volunteer again if they could.[/list:u]

Also, example post of what your first post in here should be like if you're joining:

Gift ideas:
      1. A good microphone for voice recording (Examples: Cheaper, more expensive)
      2. A flash drive (> 4 gigs helps)
      3. Cheese (I like sharp cheddars)

Notes: Favorite character is Applejack, t-shirt size is men's medium, not allergic to any food, I love St. Bernard dogs.

Damathacus

Post by Damathacus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:33 pm

Aww hell yeah, I registered here only few weeks before this thing last year so I couldn't take a part but this year I'm in. :awesomedash:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 pm

I love secret santa events like there's no tomorrow. Count me in!
Image /// Image /// Image

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:03 am

Awwww yeah. I loved doing this last year, and I'm back for more!

Gift Ideas:
1. Pony Shirts! I am a men's size L. These are the 5 pony shirts I already own, so please do not get me any of those. Off the top of my head, the shirts I like are this Octavia shirt, the RUN CMC shirt from Anthology 2, and this Applejack Daniels Shirt.

2. This pony tie. I think it's adorable. :3:

3. Anything with Octavia on it! I already have the Shapeways model of Octavia, as well as 2 framed pictures of Octavia: This one and this one. But other than little things like buttons and the official trading card, I'm lacking Octavia stuff!

Don't feel restricted by this list, though! I like being surprised and I like all things pony. My favorite mane 6 pony is Pinkie. I also am obviously very into music, so anything music related is cool. I'm a fan of both the Chicago Bears and the Chicago Cubs as well, and there are billion potential gifts related to those teams.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Damathacus

Post by Damathacus » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:29 am

Gift ideas:
1. :ponydrugs:! Especially I would enjoy a t-shirt, nothing too flashy/brightly colored thou, for example: good, good, bad, way too busy and bright, note that these are only examples to show what style I like not only shirts that I like. Some text is fine as long as it isn't any brony stuff or fill the whole shirt. I would prefer Luna/Twilight/Zecora/Trixie/Chrysalis designs and like I said darker colors.

2. Foreign candy/snacks that are not available here in Finland are always fun get taste of. I prefer sour stuff over the overly sweet stuff. I don't have any allergies so anything is fine. Just don't try to send any booze or anything like that because for one I don't like to drink and two the customs over here would probably confiscate it.

3. Books! :twonk: I'm huge fan of the Terry Pratchett's Discworld series so anything from that would be cool. Just be sure to send English versions please. I only have some of the books in Finnish but I would love to get the English versions of them so don't worry about sending me a book I already have.

Best ponies: :speakest: / :twiright: / Zecora (why isn't there a single Zecora smilie?) / Chrysalis / :smug:

T-shirt size: Bigger the better (at least XL or XXL), I'm quite a large dude and I enjoy my T-shirts to be "roomy".

Edit 1: Added more info and few examples about the t-shirts.
Edit 2: More info
Last edited by Damathacus on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:16 am

I solved my money issues, so I definitely want in on this! I've done this before at other forums and it's always really fun.

Gift Ideas:

1. Ponies, of course! :-P Basically any kind of pony stuff (toys, shirts, art, music, etc.) is fine.

2. Food! I like trying new kinds of food and candy and such. I love really sharp cheddar and Jarlsberg swiss cheeses, too.

3. Comics! I love comics and comic collections but I don't get to buy them often. I'm a big fan of Grant Morrison's writing. Other favorites include Silver Age Marvel and Jim Shooter-era Marvel, as well as a lot of DC things and more independent stuff like Gunnerkrigg Court, Lackadaisy Cats, Love & Rockets, etc. I also like comic strips (my favorite is probably Calvin & Hobbes). Some examples of other strips I love: Bloom County, Pogo, Segar's Popeye/Thimble Theatre, Krazy Kat, Peanuts.

4. If all else fails, there's always the two volumes of music from Batman: The Animated Series, or the DVDs thereof, because that's probably my favorite version of Batman ever.

Food allergy: For some weird reason, I have trouble eating apples because the skin makes my mouth swell up unless I soak them for like 20 minutes. It's annoying, because I love apples, but that's the only one I have.

Your gift doesn't need to be anything fancy or expensive so please don't worry about that, though! It really is the thought that counts. :twasnothin: Something that costs little or nothing but is super awesome is better than something expensive chosen with no thought or care any day of the week.

Fave ponies: :party: (well, duh :cheese: ), :allears: , :speakest: , :pcstare: , :vogue: . I like pretty much the whole cast though.

Shirt size: I fit a 2XL pretty well now that I've lost some weight, but with some T-shirt makers (We Love Fine, AA), length is an issue and 3XL still works a little better.
As far as ponies go, I have the mane 6 in blind bag, brushie, and Fashion Style form. Yeah, I'm nuts. :modesty: I also have the Vinyl Funko Derpy, some recolor characters like Diamond Rose, Plumsweet, and Honeybuzz, as well as Whitelestia, Zecora, Talking Cadence, and the Fashion Style Luna and Celestia. Also the Nightmare Moon set and the Pinkie Pie ornament. I also have the official DVDs and season 1 on order from Amazon.

Plushes: I've got the spaghetti-headed official Walmart Pinkie Pie, Twilight, and Dash, as well as the mini ones other stores have of the same three. I also have a few custom ponies: a mini Rarity and a mid-size Pinkie Pie and Twilight.

Shirts: I have the Topshot Sweet Apple Acres shirt (which has sadly started to wear out :fluttersmith: ) and the "Drink Cider, Learn Nothing" shirt.

Comics: I have All-Star Superman, We3, Flex Mentallo, and another Superman book by Grant Morrison. I also have all the old Calvin & Hobbes collections from when they came out.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:09 am, edited 7 times in total.

ixnay
The Great and Powerful Trixsters

Post by ixnay (?) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:55 am

Aww yeah I am totally getting in on this this year!

edit: here are my requests in numbered lsit form now:

1. Pony stuff: :allears: is my favorite pony. Despite this, the only Fluttershy thing I actually own is this shirt so anything else (toys, pins, other shirts, etc) would be welcome.

2. Football stuff! I'm a big fan of the Green Bay Packers so anything related to them is always good, but I also wouldn't mind Seattle Seahawks related stuff since I live here now and don't have anything to wear to blend in when I go to those games.

3. Video game stuff is good since I spend a lot of time on my Xbox. Any cheap old games that aren't on this list of games I already own or have played would be good, as would be any amount of Microsoft points, since there are always Rock Band tracks and XBLA games for me to spend them on.

Feel free to go for something off this list, though. I also enjoy cooking, LEGO, alternate history novels, and surprises.

For clothing I wear XL shirts as I am a tall person.

:allears:
Last edited by ixnay on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.

reidransom

Post by reidransom » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:56 am

Count me in :excite:

As for me, well, hm, I don't have anything in particular in mind. Whatever is great. I love whatever. Also fun things. I sometimes wear ties. Other times I don't. Bow ties are cool. Pegasuses are also cool. Cool weather is cool. I like my shirts and pants tight because that's tight. In case you're wondering medium is nice and tight. And also a bunch of stuff about jazz music and politics and motorbikes and sipping calva on the rock and running and lifting heavy things and cute stuff and stuff from Japan and stuff from like barren deserts or the southern hemisphere maybe and crazy far flung places that no one in their right mind would ever want to visit. Ah fun stuff. I dunno. Read up and have fun. :-P

E: I'd love to be more specific, but you can just join my mom and be mad at me together because I'm terrible at telling people things I want. OK sure, I'd love to have the golden bust of Lenin the Soviets placed at the South Pole, but that's buried under like 20 feet of ice and snow at the bottom of the planet, and as such is somewhat impractical (but hey, if you feel like it... :D) . Something that belonged to Charlemagne would be neat, like maybe a finger bone. A scale model of Skara Brae made from stones collected at Çatalhöyük. My name spray painted on a rock at your most convenient continental point of inaccessibility. Other than stupid things like this, I really have no idea, so when I say I want whatever you want me to have, I mean it.

EE: for formatting

1 - Something stupid like a fossilized dinosaur egg that I can grate into scrambled chicken egg so I can eat dinosaur omelets and gain their power
2 - Something maybe less stupid, like a thing from where you are that I can't get where I am. (I am in Texas)
3 - Any other thing you think I should have or would maybe enjoy.
4 - Socks full of coal.
Last edited by reidransom on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Timber72

Post by Timber72 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:03 am

Sounds neat. I don't think I'll join since I'm absolutely awful at gift giving and the most I would want is a nice encouraging card or something, but I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone gets. I think with this forum being a bit smaller and closer knit it should make for a fun event!

drunkill
me @ ur posting
Patreon supporter

Post by drunkill (?) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:37 am

I'm in. Last year was a blast

edit:
I got aTopshot 'Pie Family Rock Farm' shirt last year from Dan Backslide, the only pony shirt I own because it is subtle. Bear that in mind if you want to get me a pony shirt, I probably won't wear it if you can tell it's MLP at a glance :fluttersmith:
As Christmas draws closer I'll try to update this list for whomever my santee will be, throw in something I might like/want as I think of things.

drunkill's 2012 spectacular-yet-boring wishlist!

1: Shirts SpaceX have an online store for shirts, but they only sell to US customers. A grey, XL Falcon Heavy T-shirt See a theme here? NASA Logo Tee Shirt - Gray, XL

2: Pony? My little pony IDW comic books. I probably won't be buying these physically, so a paper comic would be cool. Either the Issue #1 6 cover boxset or perhaps order issues 1-3 considering they are cheap, they may not come out for awhile but yeah vOv

3: Books I've been meaning to pick up a secondhand copy of stuff like Enders Game (read the first one, but want the rest of the series) or other scifi books such as Red Mars. Anything like that, I don't care if it's not new, it's just hard to find sets of scifi books like that here cheap. Not those books in particular, but sci-fi is good.

4: Just send something, hand made or something small and thoughtful is fantastic too, I don't mind what I get, those ideas are just so you can hopefully gauge an idea.

4a: Food If you are from Holland/Sweden/that area give me Dutch Licorice because we don't get many 'exotic' types here, just the standard coins, diamonds and salmiak rolls or some sort of local candy from your region that might be interesting.

I Ran So Far Away

Post by I Ran So Far Away » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:37 am

I am so in for this, my experience last time was fantastic (thanks again, Chunky)!

I Ran's Christmas List 2012
1. A gift certificate from BenjaminArms, our fencing club's supplier of fine weapons
2. A print of Monsieur De Saint George (the first one)
3. A set of new gloves for fencing (these are meant for heavy-duty rose trimming but they've become a club favorite lately and I need a new set anyway)

Note: This list may change slightly, but will obviously be finalized by the cutoff date. No t-shirts please, I'm not one to wear pony paraphernalia.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:45 am

My very favorite thing in the world is voice acting, but I must admit I have no idea how you could gift me things about that (biggest props in the world if you come up with something regardless), so here's a list. Making a wishlist is tricky for me, simply because I like SO many things! It's hard not to make me happy, so don't feel pressured when you read all these things - They are simply suggestions to give you an idea of what I'm into. Feel free to be inspired and come up with your own ideas!

1. Ponies (d'uh) - Discord, full stop. I kinda superdupermuch like him and would be happy with just about anything that features him. I own the Discord/Danzig style hoodie from WLF, the Walmart posters and the normal Discord trading cards as well as the prints with him from BronyCon June, but that's it - Anything else that's awesome is fair game! Prints, clothing, trinkets, you name it, I love it.
Other favorite characters include (in no particular order) Applejack, Screwball, Fancypants, Big Macintosh, Celestia, Zecora and Steven Magnet. Don't send me any figurines of those though, I already own more than my display case can hold.

2. Valve Games - Especially Team Fortress 2 and Portal 2! Simply love those to death and all the wonderful merchandise and fanart that exists for it. Favorite characters are Soldier, Engineer, Pyro and Cave Johnson.

3. Birds - HOHMYGOD I love birds. Favorite animals by a mile and then some. Most adored are tropical ones, but I honestly love every kind, they all have something that's great and special about them. I especially love bird related plushies, books and documentaries.

Other stuff I find to be really neat and would love to get stuff from/about/with (in no apparent order): Star Trek (especialy Next Generation and Deep Space Nine), Avatar The last Airbender (Korra not so much), tea, baked goods, Pirates, spices, geeky things, pillows in funny shapes, Vikings, Scandinavian culture, history, Nintendo, boardgames, amazing webcomics, Cowboys, soundtracks, silly postcards, obscure but awesome things, hats, Sweden, Game of Thrones (the TV series), Pokemon (especially bird types), NOT ninjas, Metal music, cuddly things, badass things that are not grimdark, photography, EVERYTHING that's selfmade and creative

And if you are especially cool, you can include something from your home area and/or culture. I love learning and I love hearing more about the area you're from, so anything you can include about that like a postcard or a typical snack or whatever would make me all giddy!

My shirt size is M (European) and S (America). No girly fits, please.
Also, try not to send anything with nuts, tobacco or alcohol in it. And I LOVE video game merchandise and behind the scenes-things, but my Steam library is big and full of scary sale addiction, so go for merch instead of games themselves!

And seriously, if you can't afford much, that's really okay. A wellchosen but simple gift packed with love and care means SO much more than a big but kinda boring gift. Have fun with it, that means the most!

Generel pony stuff that I already own
- The DVDs that I wanted
- The afforementiond Discord things
- Blindbag figurines that I wanted
- An Applejack hoodie and a Rainbow Dash shirt
I hope that helps. If not, let me know or burn me at the stake or something. :twasnothin:
Last edited by Perrydotto on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:30 am, edited 8 times in total.

kidcoelacanth
Princesses of Soul

Post by kidcoelacanth (?) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:41 am

Aw yeuh get me up in this bijness.

- I hella regret not snagging one of those sweet laser-etched shotglasses or pint glasses back at bronycon. If you know where to find em (I don't) something with a RBD c-mark might be tight as hell.
- Pony accessories are cool as long as they're subtle, like a cutie mark or something. I've got enough shirts at this point I think.
- this book or this poster?
- You don't have to do any of these! If you can think of a better thing go for it.

Notes: Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Rainbow Dash are best ponies.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Luneshot

Post by Luneshot » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:35 am

I'll be definitely in on this this year, after seeing how much fun everyone had last time around.

A couple notes: No ponies or anything unusual on the box, please- I'll be giving my home address even though I'm at college. Also, if I get lucky and receive an international ponygoon as my gift giver, please include a postcard or something like a souvenir from your home country- that sort of thing is really cool to me. Favorite ponies are Luna, Twilight/RD, and Spitfire.

1) :ponydrugs: I'm only interested in subtle pony stuff and no shirts. The only exception is that I do like the Rarity cutie mark polo on WLF (shirt size is adult medium). Other ideas: the WLF Luna keychain, a Derpy vinyl toy or the Toys R Us NMM, or something Luna related that I can have on me/my car that's very subtle. (Ideally, her cutie mark is all I'd really want.)

2) Science toys- I love having fun sciency stuff to play around with when I'm bored- especially magnets. I'm also very interested in astronomy, so little globes of the sky, lasers, prisms, phosphorescent stuff, basically stuff I can both use and play with on my desk. Nothing overwhelmingly nerdy though if you can help it.

3) Calvin and Hobbes books. I love Calvin and Hobbes- that stuff is great. I'd like any of the following books: "The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes", "Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons", and "There's Treasure Everywhere".
Last edited by Luneshot on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hyper!!!

Post by Hyper!!! » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:47 pm

This looks fun, but I can't participate because I am super lame. :fluttersmith:
Oh well, have fun guys! :yay:

Venusy
Stare Masters
Patreon supporter

Post by Venusy (?) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Yeah, I'll take part this year as well. :allears:

1. As everyone else has said, ponies. I own around 12 shirts*, one plush, one Zecora, one pack of trading cards, the singles tube, four other blind bags (W3 Heartstrings, Big Mac, Metallic Rarity, and Roseluck from a WLF order), the two currently released US DVDs with the other two on preorder, and I'm waiting for the vinyl Dash and Derpy to arrive. I seem to like merchandise that isn't easily available in the UK, but anything else is just as good. Favourite pony? :yay: Best pony? :vogue: Favourite background pony? :crack:
2. Gaming related stuff. I own a... fairly large ( :modesty: ) collection of 360 games and have a Lovefilm subscription, so games themselves aren't much use, but something to make the Kinect work properly would be much appreciated. At my old house, I had it on top of a big pile of DVDs behind the TV, but that wasn't an option when I moved. Alternatively, Rare, Sega, Pokémon or Portal/L4D collectables could be a good choice. Or even just a MS points card, though that probably has the same problem as cash.
3. Really, just something I can (potentially) use. I saw what was effectively a Swiss army hammer yesterday, and almost bought it despite having nothing to nail/file/ply/etc. :v:

I can fit into L shirts, but they can be a little restrictive due to height, so I normally go XL for safety. I do have quite a lot of shirts already though. :pinkieshrug:

ShirtsByShift: RBD (old version)
Perrydotto: Discordlicious
??? at BUCK: Adventure Ponies
--
WLF: Friendship Free Fall
WLF: Sweet Apple Acres Topshirt
WLF: RD Polo
WLF: Rarity Polo
WLF: FS Polo
WLF: Derpy Polo
WLF: Pie Family Rock Farms
WLF: Luna Dreams
WLF: Pinkie Paint
--
23/11/2012 EDIT:
WLF: Sweetie Bot
WLF: Fluttershy Nouveau Allover
WLF: Rarity in the Rough
WLF: Twilight Magic
Last edited by Venusy on Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

brakeless

Post by brakeless » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Alright, getting in on the ground floor of this shiznit. Gift ideas:

1) BOOKS Something related to climbing (example), or maybe something by your favorite author, or something you think would be interesting for an outdoorsy Finnish guy.

2) A piece of your local culture. Food, film, music, whatever (also BOOKS), that's not likely to be seen here up north. A little back story to go along with the exhibit will make it even cooler.

3) Pony comics, especially the one with this cover.
Last edited by brakeless on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Princess Flufflebutt
Nya
Stare Masters

Post by Princess Flufflebutt (?) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:32 pm

Oh, why the hell not?

Gift ideas:

#1: Uh... I'm actually stumped. Books, I guess? I'm not too picky on the genre.
#2: Pony stuff I guess. If it's a shirt or something I fit in an M sized one. Any bigger is not a bad thing. Unless it's pants. Or socks.
#3: Well, um... I already said books. Games or something. Well, just anything really.

I know, I know, this list is very vague, but I don't even know what I want for dinner most days.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have a fashion style Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash.
ANOZER UPDATE: I now have a Rarity and Applejack brushables. Just to let you know.
Last edited by Princess Flufflebutt on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mad Surge
Who put sparkles all around me?
Semper Pie

Post by Mad Surge (?) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Ooooh, this sounds like so much fun! Count me in too please! :yay: Like Perrydotto, I'm very easy to please (I like a lot of things), so mine are simply suggestions.
1, Ponies: Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Applejack (Derpy if we count background ponies too). I'm partial to playsets, but I don't mind the plastic pony toys or the vynil figurines :gotcha: anything else related, like t-shirts (not the comics though, I already booked the three available) is welcome too.
2, Legos: for some inane reason, this year I felt nostalgia of the little bricks and now I crave a playset. Something like the Star Wars ships, but don't feel obligated to strictly get those, any of the more complex playsets is fine :>
3, Videogames: I have a big Steam wishlist, but I'd also be happy with the PS2 Persona 4, since for some reason I can't find it anywhere without having to buy a PSP (and the one I have is totally busted). EDIT: In fact, any DS RPG from Atlus (except the first Etrian Odyssey) would be welcome, especially Devil Survivor and Strange Journey.
Other weird shit I like: Books (fantasy and science fiction, possibly humorous), Avatar The Last Airbender, anything about ancient monsters/encyclopedias about folklore myths, animals and documentaries (especially the less "cute" ones and abyssal fishes), silly but adorable things, all kinds of art, comic books, and creative things like decorated boxes or figurines.
No food, please, I have plenty here. That includes drinks and smokes :-P My t-shirt size is M (european) and S (american). I hope I don't sound greedy, I'm just an all rounded nerd :gotcha:
Now, off to figure out how much 25$ are in euros...
Last edited by Mad Surge on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image

WalrusWhiskers

Post by WalrusWhiskers (?) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:09 pm

I participated in this thing last year and it was pretty awesome! Got a pretty cool shirt out of it. :allears:

I'm totally in for this year as well.

Gift ideas:
- Your favorite Chocolate or Sweet thing from where you live.
- Something related to your favorite hobby (if you're into photography send me pictures, if you're into music send me your favorite album, etc.) or a shirt/polo you really liked (doesn't necessarily have to be pony related!).
- Some DS games: Meteos, Kirby Super Star, Kirby Mass Attack, 999, Radiant Historia, Final Fantasy 4 or any Profesor Layton game except Unwound Future. (I don't mind used games without boxes!)
- A funny or interesting book!

I'm shirt size L, no allergies. Pinkie pie best poni, but I really like all of them. I'm being kind of vague with these suggestions, but I'm not too fussy and like surprises!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dr. Forums Worst Poster

Post by Dr. Forums Worst Poster » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm in.

1. A little arts-and-crafts pony related thing would be cool. Something small to keep in my room, like a beanie plush pony, sculpted figurine or a little art print.

2. Art supplies would also be cool. Like a full set of graphite pencils (I have shitloads of 2B and HB and little else) or mechanical pencil + leads or watercolour paper. I already have a large amount of colour pencils though.
3. Can't really think of a third thing, surprise me with something small if you want :allears:

Just a note: If I get paired with someone not in Australia, which will probably be the case, we have very restrictive quarantine/customs laws. To keep it simple: no food and wooden things should probably be varnished or something idk.

Also, my favourite main 6 are :modesty: and :excite:

Frosthawk
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by Frosthawk (?) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Venusy wrote: Favourite pony? :yay: Best pony? :vogue: Favourite background pony? :crack:
Hey look at you and me, being on the exact same page. :twiright:

Anyway I was sad I didn't participate in this last year, so I'm sure as hell all in this year.

1.) I do like Fluttershy related things. Maybe not shirts though. Due to the nature of my job and a bunch of other stuff I can't wear pony shirts very often. But pretty much anything else will be great. Longer shot, but if anyone can score a pony-related mug or shotglass that'd be wonderful.

2.) Something vaguely related to weather. Even one of those little thermometers you can use to take the temperature anywhere. I love that stuff.

3.) Candy. Seriously. I am literally a child. Bonus points if its something specific from your local area!

MetalSonic

Post by MetalSonic (?) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:33 pm

I am as well participating!
EDITED :sweetielarm:
Gift ideas for you:

1. Anything special about your country, maybe candy, little things, please include a written postcard with things at your area, I would be so happy about it. :awesomedash: Just be creative.

2. Ponies. Pony T-Shirts and posters (please no blindbags, I am not a fan of figurines), because I own no Pony T-Shirt at all. As for the motive: Twilight is best pony (preferred) or something with discord and chaos (since I am the most chaotic person you'll ever meet), but if you see a better t-shirt, go ahead!

EDITED (more practical things):
3. Cutlery. Or general household stuff (be creative). I need almost everything, the only thing I have enough are cups and plates.

4. A good beanie to get through the winter. I have one right now, but I know I need a new one. (but this one please not pony-flavored)

Also, I will ship to anywhere in the world as long as it has a post office. :-P
Perrydotto wrote: And seriously, if you can't afford much, that's really okay. A wellchosen but simple gift packed with love and care means SO much more than a big but kinda boring gift. Have fun with it, that means the most!
This I gotta sign, too.

Also, can I have a link to the Xmas exchanging thread last year? I want to see what happened there.
Last edited by MetalSonic on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Willsun

Post by Willsun » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:41 pm

Last year's thread:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=423

I also forgot that back in the day, most people haven't had a chance to buy pony merchandise and stuff. If you include information about your t-shirt size, then it's to be expected that you are willing to get shirts. Please do your best to post what you already have under a "hidden" cut (type the word "hidden" within brackets) or link them cleverly like what Octavia did. I reeeeeeeeally want to cut down on being the errand runner secretly asking if your Santee already owns this or that. If you have a burning question that can't be answered through your Santee's post, you can still ask me to ask them, but I implore you to explore getting them things that are more obvious to you.

Some of you also did not organize your requests post into a simple 1-2-3 list like I asked. Please fix those before I fix them myself and turn all your requests into:
1. Coals
2. A probation
3. Socks

And to non-US people, I assume those of you who are joining already assume that you'll be shipping outside of your country. Although some non-US members that entered last year shared the same country, I don't pair up England + England people or Canada + Canada people.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Willsun wrote:Next Christmas I'll have usurped the Ponygoons throne and will demand presents from everyone to prevent a ban from me.
So you make all of us post these lists, but secretly YOU get all the presents instead? Mischievous! :smug:

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:36 am

It took a silly amount of edits, but I think I finally got my post into the format Willsun wants. :sheepish: I cut out extra stuff that I originally thought might be helpful, because it's easier to just keep it to a simple list. I also put the "stuff I already have" info behind the hidden cut. That should do it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else gets because that's the fun part of Secret Santa! :party: Well, that and picking out something nice for someone else and hopefully making their holidays a little better.

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:04 am

Toy wise, if I were to be paired with a Euro person I'm still in need of the euro-exclusive Starswirl and would be totally :excite: to get her, or the wave 2 blindbags other than Blossomforth, Rainbow Flash, Lulu Luck, and the non-glitter Mane 6. America-wise I'm missing Fashion Style Applejack. Otherwise I own nearly every other pony toy.

A nice 2x/5x magnifier lamp or a multi-angle hobby vise would be wonderful for painting ponies. The kind that clamps on to the edge of the desk.

Or a set of good carving tools like this and maybe some Apoxie Sculpt or Insta Morph (I want to try that it sounds amazing for pony sculpting).

Adir

Post by Adir (?) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:49 am

Yesss, I'm so ready for this! I'm not terribly creative and will probably have to rely on these gift lists people are putting up to assist me in buying things. Also, shipping ponies internationally is okay with me.

As for me, I really don't know:

1) Pony stuff is a-okay, the more incognito the better though I have a kefkafloyd poster up in my bedroom. Posters are fine, buttons, stickers. If you need a shirt size I wear an american men's large shirt (I didn't even know there was a european size) and I must admit I've always wanted the cloudsdale weather factory shirt. I might even consider a sticker for my car, no guarantees I'd place it on there but you never know and it's the thought that counts.

Also, my favourite pony is Scootaloo followed by Rainbow Dash and then after that anyone but Chrysalis please.

2) I love local trinkets, especially landscape magnets (you know the ones with the city name on it and a picture behind). Weird food items also work (though not spicy please).

3) Steam games - I should have most of you as friends on Steam, if not, look for Raganti on steam and the fastest way is through the "ponygoons" steam group. I have a wishlist on there I recently updated. Please though, send a card or something if you go this route. :-P

*I reserve the right to change this list in the next week or so. Edit: I added some content to the hidden section below about what I own currently.
** Willsun I will be PMing you my address. With great power comes great responsibility.

I currently own the pony totem and the 20% cooler RD silhouette shirts both from Welovefine. The Kefkafloyd poster I own is the "Make some friends". Other than that I've got some really small items, mostly buttons.
Last edited by Adir on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

reidransom

Post by reidransom » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:08 am

OK Mr. Grumpypants Scroogelestia, I'll edit my post into some numerical list I guess, but you can't make me not ask for stupid and/or vague things cus that's like all I know how to do. :rainbert:

Strabo

Post by Strabo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:09 am

I'm signed up, coolio. First time for one of these when I've actually had a job to be able to get something neat and ship it :awesomedash:

Suggestions for me?

1. Pony stuff is just fine. IDGAF about putting pony posters and figures and things up everywhere. My shirt size is medium. I also don't have any of the pony DVDs, that'd be kewl. As you might guess from my gangtag, my favorite pony is Rarity. Her grace and class clearly puts her a step above everypony else :vogue:
I only have 2 pony shirts, both welovefine - a fancy-looking Rarity "Element of Generosity" shirt, and a twilight "read a book" shirt
2. I love liquor. Maybe some of those pony mixed drinks, or like a few of those little baby things of liquor that are like a few shots each.
3. Candy or food. Especially hot sauce. I love me some hot sauce, and I have a pretty high tolerance for heat. Anything local or specialty would be awesome.

I'm looking forward to putting something together! :-I

Mad Surge
Who put sparkles all around me?
Semper Pie

Post by Mad Surge (?) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:11 am

Of course Willsun, we are aware that we won't ship stuff to people from the same country/state. 25 dollars are 19,33 euros though, do we have to use those or is it fine to go up to 25 euros? I want to be precise :spike101:
Image Image Image

Willsun

Post by Willsun » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:07 am

Try to keep it at the rough equivalent of the US $25 dollars. However, I'm not disallowing yall to go above and beyond the limit if you so choose to, nor am I ever strict on whether or not you go a little below or above $25. The general feeling I want is that people are allowed room to do amazing things if they so choose to lavish a buddy with gifts, but everyone should also never feel pressured to go beyond $25 and you can also feel how less you're spending the lower you go below $25.
Perrydotto wrote:So you make all of us post these lists, but secretly YOU get all the presents instead? Mischievous! :smug:
Currently usurping (shh) so I can't DEMAND presents yet. I can only trick you with by generating random names so that you all think you're sending it to some other member on the forums.

Damathacus

Post by Damathacus » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:22 am

You will just send everybody your own address, and then ban everybody because everybody will report that they didn't get anything. :gotcha:

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:37 am

Regarding unboxing pics: When would I be allowed to post them? Right after unboxing (considering we Germans open presents on Christmas Eve), on the 25th my time or 25th US time?

!saak
🎜 joie de vivre 🎜
Semper Pie

Post by !saak (?) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:41 am

Eeeeeeeeheeeeheeeeee :awesomedash:

If this is your first time doing this, it's the most fun thing. Thanks Willsun for doing this again!

Gift ideas

I don't really have a specific list of things I really want, so I'm just gonna throw down some pointers, you can go wild if you like. I love surprises!
Favourite Pony: This is not really a mystery :-P Though Vinyl Scratch is also awesome because she DJs and looks so cool while doing it!

Music: Oh man, I love music so much. Taste ranges from Prog Rock to Future Garage to Drum and Bass to Whatevergenre. Ooh, maybe a mixtape of your favourite tunes? Not an actual tape, I don't have a tapedeck :-I
I make occasional studiomixes myself, so maybe something DJ related?

Art-y things: This can be interpreted in a gazillion ways. I love books about design, works from a specific artist, photography; books that I can browse through and get inspired by :allears: But a recent interest is animation, since I'm animating.
A poster would be cool too, or maybe a set of pencils?

Games: Not the digital kind, though I love me some videogames. One of my favourite games of all time is the ancient boardgame Go, so maybe a small boardgame or card game. Maybe something local that you can't get here in Dutchland?

Maybe something local that you can't get here in Dutchland?: This can be its own thing.

Stuff I can put on my desk: I love decorating my desk with knick-knacks and figurines and Lego and things.

European/American size S: I lost weight :v:

Pony Stuff I already own:
- McDonald's Pinkie (1st wave)
- Crystal Pinkie keychain
- blind bag Pinkie keychain
- WLF Pinkie Party Hard shirt
- WLF Daft Pon3 shirt
- WLF Pinkie Pie hoodie
- tons of buttons, stickers
- Err... I think that's it...
- No... wait, also a handful of postcard sized Pinkie prints
Okay, I'm done. AND I AM EXCITE :awesomedash:

drunkill
me @ ur posting
Patreon supporter

Post by drunkill (?) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:08 am

Perrydotto wrote:Regarding unboxing pics: When would I be allowed to post them? Right after unboxing (considering we Germans open presents on Christmas Eve), on the 25th my time or 25th US time?
Yes, you can post unboxing pictures but only if it's the 25th of dec in your timezone. You may have been tempted and opened your present as soon as you got it mid-november, for example, but if you told people what you got early (and especially who you got it from, because that eliminates potential santees for the people you told) you will be punished in some form.

Last year there was even an unboxing video or two :yay:

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Can we get an official ruling on when we reveal ourselves to our santee? Last year there was some confusion, with some people revealing themselves in a note within the package and others revealing themselves after they posted what they got.

I personally think we shouldn't reveal ourselves until after they post pictures of their loot.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Willsun

Post by Willsun » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:22 pm

The ruling is that the Santa can actually remain anonymous forever if they feel like it, but yeah, I don't see why not about enforcing that the Santa can't reveal themselves until the Santee posts about what they got. Why would anyone want to reveal themselves anyway if their Santee hasn't gotten the stuff? I'll go write that in the OP.

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Dear Willsun, please bring me a pony and plastic rocket... :gotcha:

I was so bummed about missing this event last year, there's no way I'm not gonna jump in now.

THE LIST:
1. I could really use a new scarf since the one I have now is like 30 years old. The problem is that I can't seem to find any in the right style - most scarves are either those absurdly long fleece ones, the thick knitted wool kind, or the frilly ladies' fashion kind. I just want a good men's plaid wool/cotton scarf so I can stay fabulous even when the winter here gets rough. This is the kind I'm talking about
2. This one might be a long shot, but I have Finnish ancestry and I absolutely love love love double-salt (dubbel zoute) licorice, and there's nowhere within a hundred miles of here that sells it (because every normal person in the world hates it, my wife included). If some anonymous Joulupukki can find some for me (or really, any nice Dutch/Norwegian/Finnish licorice) I would love them forever.
3. Something to decorate our house with! We've got some wall space to fill and would love to have some more things to put up. Don't much care what it is, but bonus points if it's something unique that you can't get many other places. Postcards, pictures, little knicknacks, posters, anything is fair game. I'm kind of leaving this as the "catch-all" category, which means it could also include tree ornaments (we only own 1 so far :fluttersmith: ) or something neat that's pony-related.
E: Other ideas: Classy stickers to put on my Thinkpad laptop, smoked salmon, any kind of music, a small Gerber pocketknife since I apparently lost mine last week

Favorite ponies are :twiright: and :3: . Um....no food allergies or anything to speak of. Not a big fan of tea or booze. I'm a poor college student if that gives you some helpful context.

Also: Clarification - Does this rule about revealing the santa after the opening forbid us from just including a "MERRY XMAS, FROM THROBULATOR" (or whatever) message inside the package? It makes sense to me to do that because then the santa is automatically revealed once the recipient posts their pictures in the thread, and they don't have to wait for that person to reveal themselves later in a separate post (though they could still choose to do that, or remain anonymous). Just a thought.
Last edited by Durandal on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.