S08E25-26: School Raze

Episode, movie, and comic book discussion threads are kept here once they have been released.

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

Highbrow Dash
But why would you post such a thing?
Rarity's Roughnecks

Re: S08E25-26: School Raze

Post by Highbrow Dash (?) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Wait, did Cozy try to kill Starlight and the students? She did make sure they'd go to Cloudsdale around the time she started her spell :v:

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:05 pm

I was thinking she might be Chrissy. I think someone even suggested way back when that Ocellus might be Chrysalis. What a plot twist that would have been. Image
Image ("Don't try to reform me, Hag, because I'm made of cold stone.")

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:10 am

One thing I never really noticed before: When they do a screen wipe, there's a squeaky sound effect like a squeegee going across a window.

Niels Olof
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Niels Olof (?) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:31 pm

A nice detail found on /r/mylittlepony: Pinkie is the only non-magic caster besides the Tartarus animals to receive magic in the finale.

PP's powers explained! It was just magic all along.
In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libroEverywhere I sought tranquility but found it nowhere save in a corner with a book

Captain Rufus
Faithful Students

Post by Captain Rufus (?) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Pinkie breaks the laws of physics and reality. She is probably one of those Magic Planeswalkers but doesn't know it yet...

Mechanical Ape
Not slim, definitely shady

Post by Mechanical Ape (?) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:37 pm

Okay, IIRC we have 3 unresolved conflicts going into the finale: 1) Chrysalis is crazy; 2) Maurice LaMarche hates diversity; and 3) Cozy Glow is up to something. Would be funny if these three villains destroyed each other in the background, and the good guys had no clue about any of it. They just come to school and there’s this pile of mutually stabbed villain corpses on the lawn.

Part 1

• Muffins is wearing the brown! Equestria must’ve privatized the delivery service. Goddamned neoliberal alicorns.
• Rainbow Mane. I really like her mane! :ohboy:
• They really need to put railings around those clouds!
:excite: “It’s nothing to worry about, Starlight. You’re probably just incompetent!”
• Ha ha, yeah, I guess unicorns are probably used to opening doors with magic and don’t even think about doing it.
• Wow, Tirek name-drop AND a Spikemail from Celestia? We’re revisiting some old classics here.
• Even potions are failing, making HP/MP replenishment difficult. Inns are booked to full capacity.
• I like they’re journeying to Hell like it’s a day trip to Six Flags. I guess the lines will be shorter, at least.
:vogue: “decorative purposes only”
• Speak friendship and enter.
• OK, guess Cozy and Maurice aren’t in cahoots. :pinkieshrug:
• Oh shit, even the CMC are getting involved now.
• Cozy Glow: still amazing.

Part 2

• Cozy Glow rule-lawyered the hell out of that situation.
:-) “None of you understand. I’m not trapped in here with you. You’re trapped in here with me.”
• Aw, the monsters turned into regular animals. :fluttersmith:
• They crossed the streams!
• Maurice turned out okay after all.
• Ha ha, and so in the end they imprison the little girl in Pony Hell. I kind of love that we never learn what her deal is, who her parents are, etc., she’s just exactly what she appears, a pegasus filly who’s a massive jerk.

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:38 am

I like it when the villain is just a pony who's a sociopath instead of some ancient evil reborn.
ImageImageImageImageImage