My spaceship is full of art

It's lovely, darling! (Fanart, Fanfics, Pony or not Pony. If you're creative, post here!)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Re: My spaceship is full of art

Post by Madeline (?) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:13 am

These plushies are all so cute. :3: Excellent work!

princess spaceship

Post by princess spaceship (?) » Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Thanks, Madeline!

It's been a while since I've posted. I'm still waiting for my labels to come; taking a biiit longer than I thought (order confirmation had it as around April 17th, but the status on the website says that it shipped yesterday :v: ), so I haven't really finished anything on that front.

Except for this squirrel! :party:
I wanted to see if I could alter the tiny Pikachu pattern I made into... something more like a sitting squirrel or rabbit. Well, or just make the Pikachu look nicer. Fun with darts, at any rate.

A few weeks back, my daughter insisted I sketch out another outline for her to watercolor-- Pikachu riding on a unicorn. I scanned it in before she colored it in so that I could color it in Photoshop, as seen below.

& both of the kids decided they had to watercolor something the other day when I got my supplies out. The one 2 year old did the washes on the back, while the 4 year old did a little bit of work & then told me to draw Pikachu looking at the river. Then a pink llama that was throwing hail at Pikachu.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon May 07, 2018 1:59 am

I love that drawing! And the squirrel is super cute. :allears:

Hopefully you’ve gotten your tags by now, or will get them soon.

princess spaceship

Post by princess spaceship (?) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:23 pm

:flimflam: Tags have come! Well, I got them a day or two after my last post, but I haven't quite got the ball rolling enough to open shop yet. I have sewn tags onto all of my for-sale premade plushies, and made a few with them sewn into the seams, but I still need to apply for a business license. :-P

I have a goal this year of doing a monthly art/craft giveaway, which so far has been working all right. I've just kept it on my personal facebook page for now, but I might change that up in the future. I did a plush for Jan-April, but this month figured I'd do an art request, in case people were interested in that. Not much of a response, really, which is kind of disappointing. But one of them was to do something related to MLP for my niece. Her favorite pony is Pinkie Pie, & there's that whole Mer-May thing going on (like Ink-tober, but with mermaids), so I did the only natural thing:

I tried to make a magical giraffe-kirin by crafting some curvy horns and elongating the chibi legs from my other pattern.

Click for Fullsize

I've been thinking about making patterns to sell instead of just finished plushies. However, since I know that it will be a lot of work to make a decent pattern/instructions, I figured I should test a few patterns from other successful plush/pattern makers. I already have a book about how to design your own plushies- it contains a few different tutorial projects as well, but I didn't think much of the instructions or layout-- mostly from an editorial standpoint instead of a technical one. So these next plushies I made from following some free patterns by Choly Knight (yes, as far as I can tell that is her real name).

This is CK's Love Dragon plush. My daughter wanted a yellow one with wings, so I made it Fluttershy-esque.

Click for Fullsize

Click for Fullsize

& since my 2 year old keeps turning every cooking utensil into a sword, I figured I should save my sanity and spare both kids a few bruises by sewing these swords (using CK's Sting Plush pattern):

Click for Fullsize

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:22 pm

I'd like to bump this thread to showcase all of the amazing stuff my wife has made in the last 6 months or so and has shown to basically no one. She made all these by hand and she can make something for you too!

Twig

Ferret dragon

Custom design dragon

Lots of llamas

And their close cousins, giraffes

Tiny Totoro

Ladybug

Carly the bat

Sylveon!

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks