itt we are headless horse ordering a pizza

LYAT is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In LYAT you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the LYAT motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.
BartonFink

itt we are headless horse ordering a pizza

Post by BartonFink (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:53 pm

Here we are, at the verbal commencement of the decision-making process I will utilize to create my evening banquet, knowing full well that a litany of options lies before me: the serene comfort of a submarine sandwich, the chance at triumphant domination of a plate of hot wings, or even the crude-if-admirable representation of the positive trend of multiculturalism embodied in the Americanized pita. But of the entire menu, a special place – and section, for practical reasons – is preserved for that complex symbol of American identity, fraternity, and imperialism: the “pizza”. The slow and continuous adaptation of the Italian dish into an American product began in Little Italy in 1905, and what was originally a slice of the old country quickly developed into an icon of something new and powerful. It is perhaps unsurprising that those seeking a new life would similarly differentiate the cultural properties they brought with them. Still, however, Indeed, the subconscious desire to form an underlying national food identity from recipes of separate origins has resulted in the expansion and diversification of its cultural capital within the country itself, ranging from New York folds to Chicago deep dish, with plentiful opportunities for precise consumer preferences in-between. It is for this reason – along with my enjoyment of mozzarella – that I will be choosing to go with a pizza this evening.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Re: itt we are headless horse ordering a pizza

Post by Octavia (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:57 pm

tldr
ImageImageImageImageImage

BartonFink

Post by BartonFink (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:57 pm

I've gone back and forth on my choice of toppings, variety and general tone, if you will, of what I want the central dish of my next meal to become. On the one hand, I've been craving Chinese food very often in the past few months, usually in the context of a Saturday evening at home before submitting to the wonders of television once again. The taste of the suan cai is now indelibly associated, in my mind, with the vagaries of Doctor Who, and it's impossible for me to experience either by itself anymore.

But I feel like I can equally easily go for a nice, cheesy pizza, if only for the reason that its size is just exactly double the amount of food I am able to consume in one sitting, leaving the remaining half of the pizza to be consumed in the morning, cold, as is the normal experience of most people—I would say that this is actually its primal form of ingestion. This is nothing but deliberate.

republic

Post by republic » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:57 pm

what will i eat now that the low hanging fruit is gone

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:58 pm

republic wrote:what will i eat now that the low hanging fruit is gone
i can now no longer read the phrase low hanging fruit except as a euphemism

thanks
Gloriosa Did Nothing Wrong

CorvusCaw
Maud Squad

Post by CorvusCaw (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:59 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage

Femto

Post by Femto » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:59 pm

BartonFink wrote:Here we are, at the verbal commencement of the decision-making process I will utilize to create my evening banquet, knowing full well that a litany of options lies before me: the serene comfort of a submarine sandwich, the chance at triumphant domination of a plate of hot wings, or even the crude-if-admirable representation of the positive trend of multiculturalism embodied in the Americanized pita. But of the entire menu, a special place – and section, for practical reasons – is preserved for that complex symbol of American identity, fraternity, and imperialism: the “pizza”. The slow and continuous adaptation of the Italian dish into an American product began in Little Italy in 1905, and what was originally a slice of the old country quickly developed into an icon of something new and powerful. It is perhaps unsurprising that those seeking a new life would similarly differentiate the cultural properties they brought with them. Still, however, Indeed, the subconscious desire to form an underlying national food identity from recipes of separate origins has resulted in the expansion and diversification of its cultural capital within the country itself, ranging from New York folds to Chicago deep dish, with plentiful opportunities for precise consumer preferences in-between. It is for this reason – along with my enjoyment of mozzarella – that I will be choosing to go with a pizza this evening.
This isn't even a fraction as long as most HH posts. Also it doesn't involve loving cartoon horses more than life itself.

Gravenstein

Post by Gravenstein » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:14 pm

tl but read anyways

stuff
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by stuff (?) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:15 pm

CorpusCavernosum wrote:Image
good shit