G5 Rumors - 2020? FiM ending in S9?

My Little Pony: Spoiling is Tragic (FiM spoiler chat)

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

Dal
Praise the Sun
Celestia's Champions

Re: G5 Rumors - 2020? FiM ending in S9?

Post by Dal (?) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:37 am

Dexanth wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:37 pm
Stuntcasting G5 is basically where my hope for it has waned a lot.
Yeah. That made me go :-I

It's a sign they aren't going to put nearly as much effort into it as FiM. Which I suppose is an okay way to shed the toxic fanbase.
Undecided wrote:Every time you write a story I cant help but sigh, because I know Im gong to lose another man card.

Dexanth
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dexanth (?) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:21 am

Eh. There's toxic fans, but overall the fandom I've been a part of has been vibrant and awesome. I'll be sad to see it go, but - well, I suppose I'm going full weeb these days anyways

Soft Snow

Post by Soft Snow (?) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:58 am

I heard some fascinating leaked rumors about what is going to happen in G5. Probably the most increasing one is that they are increasing the maturity rating from E to Y7 for fantasy violence. It seems they are going to have more adventures then in G4. It seems they are dropping a lot of the elements from G4 in favor of having a show with more stable longevity in story telling. They seem to be getting rid of any core messages like "friendship" that really limited the writer's ability in telling new stories to just having themed seasons instead.
:sweetielarm:

They seem to be getting rid of the life goals of the characters too. I guess that makes sense. They don't want character's story arches to end half way through the series because they painted them into a corner. Like Rainbow Dash will be a fan of the Wonderbolts but isn't actively trying to join them. Or how the CMC episodes won't have to focus mostly on them getting their cutie marks and once they get them have episodes about what they are suppose to do now. It will just be about the CMC getting into trouble, which are the best episodes. The mane cast will be more like Sunset Glimmer, they can fit into whatever role the writers want without being focused down a certain path. This should work out great for how they contract new writers for the show. New writers won't have to keep track of character progression for the last 100 episodes to write their stories.
:flimflam:

The setting of the world is also changing. Everyone gets their own separate themed world. Pegasus get their own Greek themed world, unicorns get their own world, earth ponies get their own world, dragons get their own world, etc. They won't be occupying different lands like in Equestria but actually live in different worlds. All these worlds will be connect by a world tree like Yggdrasil in Norse mythology. With each branch of the tree leading to a new world. I can already bet this world tree will be called the Tree of Harmony. There might even be a library in there some where. This will create a lot of story telling opportunities. Each season you can discover a new world to explore with new creatures and challenges. If a concept doesn't work it won't have to be integrated into the main story, it will simply be a world they never go back too. They can have Christmas and Halloween themed world they can visit any time of the year without it needing to be near the holidays. It will remove any awkward geological questions like why Ponyville is next to Everfree forest when Everfree forest can be it's own world next to anything they want. They can introduce new creatures to the show without explaining how come they never knew about them because they just discovered the world they came from. Like the Storm King can be a serious threat later in the series without anyone knowing him because he was terrorizing other worlds they didn't know about. It removes the problem of everything happening a thousand years ago and we just forgot about it.
:-D

Another thing is that magic is no longer tied to a specific race. Anyone has the potential to learn it. All unicorns might share a common telekinesis ability, but they are not the only ones who can learn magic now. Earth ponies can be wizards now.
:anticipation:

As for the production of the show itself, everything is changing. They are replacing the voice characters, going from flash animation to harmony animation, moving the studio from Canada to Ireland, and they will no longer be shown on Discovery Family. No word on what channel they plan to move too. I bet Nickelodeon is desperate for some more popular content. Cartoon Network is probably a safe bet too.
:pinkieshrug:
If I had a bit for every time you made me feel worthless I'd be worth something by now.

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:07 am

Ireland?

I wonder if they'll let weird English people come have a look. Like that's not far from here at all, and I have loads of family in Ireland I haven't seen in ages.
👉👉🥜🏠

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:28 am

I'd be a little cautious about details on G5, since it was very much in the "just kicking around ideas" phase when the email leak happened last year.

But yes, on Ireland, Hasbro bought Boulder Media, an Irish animation studio that has done the Equestria Girls summer shorts. The leaks said they would at least be working on a 3DCG kickoff movie for G5, although I'm not 100% sure if the actual G5 TV show was going to be Boulder or DHX.

Applepie2017
Nostalgia nerd

Post by Applepie2017 (?) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Now there's something that might wake up this board. :smirk:
But...
This one's too young

SigmasonicX

Post by SigmasonicX (?) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:25 pm

Soft Snow wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:58 am
I heard some fascinating leaked rumors about what is going to happen in G5. Probably the most increasing one is that they are increasing the maturity rating from E to Y7 for fantasy violence. It seems they are going to have more adventures then in G4. It seems they are dropping a lot of the elements from G4 in favor of having a show with more stable longevity in story telling. They seem to be getting rid of any core messages like "friendship" that really limited the writer's ability in telling new stories to just having themed seasons instead.
:sweetielarm:

They seem to be getting rid of the life goals of the characters too. I guess that makes sense. They don't want character's story arches to end half way through the series because they painted them into a corner. Like Rainbow Dash will be a fan of the Wonderbolts but isn't actively trying to join them. Or how the CMC episodes won't have to focus mostly on them getting their cutie marks and once they get them have episodes about what they are suppose to do now. It will just be about the CMC getting into trouble, which are the best episodes. The mane cast will be more like Sunset Glimmer, they can fit into whatever role the writers want without being focused down a certain path. This should work out great for how they contract new writers for the show. New writers won't have to keep track of character progression for the last 100 episodes to write their stories.
:flimflam:

The setting of the world is also changing. Everyone gets their own separate themed world. Pegasus get their own Greek themed world, unicorns get their own world, earth ponies get their own world, dragons get their own world, etc. They won't be occupying different lands like in Equestria but actually live in different worlds. All these worlds will be connect by a world tree like Yggdrasil in Norse mythology. With each branch of the tree leading to a new world. I can already bet this world tree will be called the Tree of Harmony. There might even be a library in there some where. This will create a lot of story telling opportunities. Each season you can discover a new world to explore with new creatures and challenges. If a concept doesn't work it won't have to be integrated into the main story, it will simply be a world they never go back too. They can have Christmas and Halloween themed world they can visit any time of the year without it needing to be near the holidays. It will remove any awkward geological questions like why Ponyville is next to Everfree forest when Everfree forest can be it's own world next to anything they want. They can introduce new creatures to the show without explaining how come they never knew about them because they just discovered the world they came from. Like the Storm King can be a serious threat later in the series without anyone knowing him because he was terrorizing other worlds they didn't know about. It removes the problem of everything happening a thousand years ago and we just forgot about it.
:-D

Another thing is that magic is no longer tied to a specific race. Anyone has the potential to learn it. All unicorns might share a common telekinesis ability, but they are not the only ones who can learn magic now. Earth ponies can be wizards now.
:anticipation:

As for the production of the show itself, everything is changing. They are replacing the voice characters, going from flash animation to harmony animation, moving the studio from Canada to Ireland, and they will no longer be shown on Discovery Family. No word on what channel they plan to move too. I bet Nickelodeon is desperate for some more popular content. Cartoon Network is probably a safe bet too.
:pinkieshrug:
Is any of this new information from after the December leaks? Or is it mainly speculation based on the big email leak? And where did you hear these rumors?

In any case, it sounds interesting.

Soft Snow

Post by Soft Snow (?) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:18 am

Apparently the world tree is new. I didn't check the leaks until now. In the first leaks everyone knew that the races would have different worlds but didn't know how they were connected.

Also, Spike is from his own world and he will be related somehow to a villain. More character drama development from him I guess.

I just saw the video here and wanted to talk about it...

If I had a bit for every time you made me feel worthless I'd be worth something by now.

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:50 am

It sounds interesting, indeed. I guess we'll see.
Image ("Don't try to reform me, Hag, because I'm made of cold stone.")

SigmasonicX

Post by SigmasonicX (?) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Moliminous :-/

Really don't like that guy's videos, so I'm not going to watch that. Does he give a source for this new information?

SlateSlabrock
Celestia's Champions
Patreon platinum

Post by SlateSlabrock (?) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:47 pm

Seems to be sourced entirely from this Reddit post, which is, as near as I can tell, just a condensation of everything from the leaks last year (and maybe some tea leaves reading on his part, like the "world tree" stuff, which I don't see in the existing leaks at all).

Soft Snow

Post by Soft Snow (?) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:30 pm

Hopefully I live long enough to see these good changes...

Dexanth
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dexanth (?) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:29 pm

SlateSlabrock wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:28 am
I'd be a little cautious about details on G5, since it was very much in the "just kicking around ideas" phase when the email leak happened last year.

But yes, on Ireland, Hasbro bought Boulder Media, an Irish animation studio that has done the Equestria Girls summer shorts. The leaks said they would at least be working on a 3DCG kickoff movie for G5, although I'm not 100% sure if the actual G5 TV show was going to be Boulder or DHX.
From all I have heard, it's all Boulder and they are aiming to cut DHX loose.

Erythema

Post by Erythema (?) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:55 pm

I'm actually quite curious about what this G5 will bring. The whole idea of there being different worlds and the direction going into more adventure territory is something I'm definitely looking forward to.