How Would You Want FiM to End? Or How do You Think it Should End?

My Little Pony: Spoiling is Tragic (FiM spoiler chat)

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

Dal
Praise the Sun
Celestia's Champions

How Would You Want FiM to End? Or How do You Think it Should End?

Post by Dal (?) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:58 pm

So this is about the last few moments we will get to discuss the end of the show spoiler free before some hacker goes and leaks everything.

Me? I kinda just want an hour long MMC Part 2 where the rest of the Main Six discover how special they really are and earn their wings/horns/both.

Though with how the series has been going, I honestly fear the finale will just be a reset button for Gen 5. Which would be a total downer to say the least.
Undecided wrote:Every time you write a story I cant help but sigh, because I know Im gong to lose another man card.

Wayoshi
Paper Fluts
Stare Masters

Re: How Would You Want FiM to End? Or How do You Think it Should End?

Post by Wayoshi (?) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Just checking - the first sentence is sarcastic and a new leak isn't imminent, right?

Dal
Praise the Sun
Celestia's Champions

Post by Dal (?) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:07 pm

Correct.
Undecided wrote:Every time you write a story I cant help but sigh, because I know Im gong to lose another man card.

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Lauren Faust should have the hammer. A guest written last episode to send off what little remains of the generation of ponies which she had a huge hand in bringing about.
๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿฅœ๐Ÿ 

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:14 pm

The main thing I want is for the show's cast and crew to know that yes, they're making the series finale when they actually make it. That might seem almost like a tautology, but considering how FiM got renewed on a season-by-season basis for a few years there, I feel like episodes such as Twilight's Kingdom and The Cutie Re-Mark suffered a bit for how they both had to wrap things up and leave things open for a potential season to come. MMC suffered in the opposite direction; when Larson wrote it, he first wrote it expecting that it was going to be the series finale, but then it got majorly shaken up once FiM got renewed past its original 65-and-done plan.

Beyond that I'm really not sure. Maybe Starlight and Trixie get married? A glimpse into the future to see how Twilight's efforts to spread the joys of friendship have affected Equestria? This really depends on what S8 (and, if the rumors are true, the ninth and final season) decide to do.
Dal wrote: โ†‘
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:58 pm
Me? I kinda just want an hour long MMC Part 2 where the rest of the Main Six discover how special they really are and earn their wings/horns/both.
If this happened then I'd want it to be longer than that. MMC was only focused on Twilight and it sped through its story at that. Maybe such a finale could be three or even four episodes long?

Of course, if Fluttershy convinced a self-absorbed god of chaos to start showing consideration and regard for others for the first time in his infinitely long life, and did not earn any sort of royal title for that, I'm not sure what she could do. :unimpressed:

The Doctor
Turner Of All Things Timey Wimey
Celestia's Champions
Patreon supporter

Post by The Doctor (?) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:58 pm

I'm pretty happy with where everyone is, and I think Twilight becoming a teacher and starting a school is a good end for her. I wouldn't mind a very subdued finale, like with King of the Hill.

I know it will almost certainly end up being some super-threat to Equestria story though. So, I hope it's a good ensemble episode, with Twilight not up too much of the focus. Kind of like the TNG finale. Yeah, it was a Picard story, but they gave the entire cast some nice moments in the episode to send them off well.

And of course, Celestia and Luna not getting defeated and captured would be a plus.

Bremen

Post by Bremen (?) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 am

First off, from the spoilers for S8 I think anything we say now is going to be obsoleted (though not necessarily in a bad way) so this is more how I would like to see it ended if it ended now, but...

I'd like something sentimental but not sad. Maybe skip forward ten or fifteen years; the characters are visibly older but not old or ailing, the CMC and Spike are now adults. The Mane 6 are still friends but they've grown into their own lives as well (Perhaps Rarity lives in Canterlot, Rainbow Dash is captain of the Wonderbolts, and Twilight is still in Ponyville but spends much of her time in princess business). They're taking an opportunity for a big get together though, remembering old times. Things keep going wrong - oh no a monster attack, the supplier backed out and now we need a dozen dresses by tomorrow, the Yak Ambassador demands an audience with the princess over the new trade treaty, etc. They keep pushing the time for the meeting back further until it looks like they wont get to hang out after all. Then all the friends they've made over the years come in and help; say Celestia and Luna handle the monster, Spike and Sweetie Belle volunteer to make the dresses, and Thorax impersonates Twilight for the meeting. Everyone gets together for a picnic; at first they're worried about their friends, but after talking to each other about their past adventures decide that Equestria is in good hooves and can survive without them for a day.

Well, that's just what I came up with spur of the moment, I'm sure the details could be better. But something in that vein, just an emotionally satisfying if not exciting ending, is how I'd prefer to handle it.

Applepie2017
Nostalgia nerd

Post by Applepie2017 (?) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:22 am

deleted.
Last edited by Applepie2017 on Fri May 04, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But...
This one's too young

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:09 am

Twilight wakes up in Canterlot with Spike in his bed beside her. "Spike, I just had the craziest dream..." Image

Too bad the episode title "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen" is taken.

Someone suggested a storyline where Chrysalis (barring redemption) or some other villain destroys everything in Equestria...Canterlot, Ponyville, you name it. All the Mane 6 have left is thier friendship to help them. It would definitely be the ultimate expression of friendship is magic.
Image ("Don't try to reform me, Hag, because I'm made of cold stone.")

Adiwan
Patreon supporter

Post by Adiwan (?) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:08 am

I want the series to end with an explosion.
Everything explodes. Nothing remains. Just the end of everything.
Just a joke.

Anything the writers will come up won't be sufficient to satisfy anyone and I don't know what to expect either.
I predict that the ending would be that all races and species come together (in friendship of course) in order to fight a big bad evil.
That's how it always works.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Mechanical Ape
Not slim, definitely shady

Post by Mechanical Ape (?) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:34 am

The only thing I require is that it ends the way it begins โ€” storybook format with Celestia narrating. Other than that they can do whatever they want.

Highbrow Dash
But why would you post such a thing?
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Highbrow Dash (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:18 pm

Honestly? With a good song.

S3, 4 and 5 all had amazing endings that could have easily ended the show. I didn't even like s4 and 5's finales, but the songs just nailed it.

West Filly
Stare Masters

Post by West Filly (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:04 pm

Ends with Moondancer looking sad that Twilight didn't even come to the party after she had sent Twilight a gift.
๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿฅœ๐Ÿ 

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:01 pm

West Filly wrote: โ†‘
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:04 pm
Ends with Moondancer looking sad that Twilight didn't even come to the party after she had sent Twilight a gift.
Yo, uh, hold that thought until you've gotten halfway through season 5.