EARLY S09E21: Daring Doubt

My Little Pony: Spoiling is Tragic (FiM spoiler chat)

Moderators: Wayoshi, Venusy

Wayoshi
Paper Fluts
Stare Masters

EARLY S09E21: Daring Doubt

Post by Wayoshi (?) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:45 pm

When another author releases his own version of the events in AK Yearling's Daring Do books, Rainbow Dash is furious, while Fluttershy is curious to know the truth.
This thread is for early discussion of the episode. This episode airs on Discovery Family at 11:30 Eastern / 8:30 Pacific on Saturday, September 21, henceforth this thread will be locked.

https://yadi.sk/i/I3KfslzpY-6BZg

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

Re: EARLY S09E21: Daring Doubt

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:18 pm

I thought this was good. Another Daring Do action filled episode, and Fluttershy adds to her reform resume. :allears:
Image ("Don't try to reform me, Hag, because I'm made of cold stone.")

Applepie2017
Nostalgia nerd

Post by Applepie2017 (?) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:35 am

That was awesome
But...
This one's too young

Adiwan
Patreon supporter

Post by Adiwan (?) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:32 am

Two villain reforms in one episode!
At this rate Grogar, along with Tirek and Chrysalis and Cozy Glow, will be reformed at the end of the series.

The episode was mostly good. I'm not a huge fan of Fluttershy's acting. While it was in character it felt a bit off character and I cannot define the exact reasons why. Maybe her stubbornness with her kindness is the cause of my minor dislike. Or her adventuring attitude.

Besides that I cannot complain (even if I can call that complaining, definitely not in the Rarity-way).

Caballeron in a G.R.R. Martin outfit was strangely amusing, however there needed to be a lot more body weight.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams