The ongoing fight against the alt-right

Old Mare Yells At Cloud. (News, Events, Philosophy)
Pocket
everything's a little bit weird now

Re: The ongoing fight against the alt-right

Post by Pocket (?) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:35 pm

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of...

Strangething
Eventually that's going to stop working, Twilight.

Post by Strangething (?) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:58 pm

It's a strange new world when teachers need to de-radicalize their students.
The poster formerly known as Strangepony.
I do nothing but play Warframe and Overwatch now. :-I

Pocket
everything's a little bit weird now

Post by Pocket (?) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:06 am

Here's some... good news, I guess? An influential white nationalist who once tried to run for the Senate has been arrested.
MELBOURNE, Fla. -- A white nationalist who ran for the U.S. Senate in Florida and was a featured speaker during the 2017 “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, was arrested on charges of kidnapping, domestic violence and possession of a firearm during a crime of violence.

Augustus Sol Invictus, 36, was arrested Monday at a Florida mall by Brevard County Sheriff's deputies on a warrant issued out of South Carolina, the Miami Herald reported. Jail records described him as an “out of state fugitive.”
The article doesn't go into detail on the incident he was wanted for but it sounds like a doozy. Also, "Augustus Sol Invictus" is a fucking Caesar's Legion name if ever there was one.
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of...

Mr. Big
いいんですよ
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Mr. Big (?) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:14 am

A comic artist was discovered to be a Neo-Nazi

I've never heard of him, but he was a pretty popular artist, active in the furry community with thousands of followers on Twitter and FA. He's done professional work, having worked on at least one "Avatar" comic book.

He hid the worst of his beliefs really, really well. The only reason it got revealed was because the message board he posted in got hacked.